Sweet Nothings | ✔️

By Pearl_Deka

| N O T • E D I T E D | _______________________________________________ Ariel Carter, 17 years old, dark brow... More

Chapter 1 : And he was a goner...
Chapter 2 : She said yes...
Chapter 3 : Aah...Jealousy
Chapter 4 : Stefan's Realisation
Chapter 6 : He's back
Chapter 7 : Finally...Together
Chapter 8 : It's Official
Chapter 10 : Holy Pepperoni...
Chapter 11 : She's gone
Chapter 12 : The Need to Get Her Back
Chapter 13 : He's Finally Gone
Chapter 14 : Waiting...
Chapter 15 : Meeting 'him'
Chapter 16 : The End

Chapter 5 : Drunk Apologies

741 42 3
By Pearl_Deka

Chapter 5 : Drunk Apologies

Ariel's POV

"Stop! Don't kill us, we aren't robbers. The owner of this house is a dear friend of mine!" was what Ariel heard as she jumped into her room. Then she realised, it was none other than...Stefan. "Stefan! What the heck are you doing here! You just gave me a mini heart attack!" yelled Ariel, all flushed from being surprised. "Ooh! So I gave you a heart attack, huh!? Atta girl, I knew you had a thing for me..." said Stefan with a playful smirk, as Ariel rolled her eyes. She was about to give him a snarky reply when someone from behind Stefan mumbled, "Hey, don't flirt with her...we have already sorted out which girl I chase and which one you do..." when Stefan stepped aside, Ariel's eyes widened.

In front of her was very, very, VERY adorable looking Alex, deep in sleep, on her bed. She couldn't help but smile at the scene in front of her, then she turned towards Stefan with a questioning glare, "Mind explaining me, why the heck your best friend is sprawled on my bed, and is that alchohol I smell!?" to which Stefan said with a shrug, "Yeah, i had a couple of beers, that's all. But this guy here, he has God knows how many, and i couldn't take him to his place or mine, so I brought him here, since your aunt always works anyway, sorry Ariel" was what Stefan said with sincerity in his eyes. She decided to let them off the hook, since both the boys looked drunk and tired as hell.

"Stefan, why don't you too stay back and drive home tomorrow, we have a weekend anyway? You are in no place to drive yourself home, God only knows how you managed to drive all the way to my place" said Ariel, the look of concern clear on her face, Stefan replied, "Ari babe, im Stefan Peterson, I can hold my alchohol like no one else" it was now that Ari noticed how slurred his speech was.

So she did the only thing that came to her mind and called up Sienna. About 15 minutes lates, the door bell rang and Ari rushed towards it. She opeaned it to find a flushed Sienna, her cheeks pink from the cold outside. As she came in her face lost all its color. Then Ariel connected all the dots and realised what she had just done, she just invited Sienna for her worst nightmare, as both the girls faced Stefan, already fast asleep on Ariel's living room couch.

"Oh Lord, have mercy on me!" was what Ariel mumbled as she looked between Sienna and a sleeping Stefan, then she started in a panicky voice, "Sienna, you should go. It's okay, I can handle him-" which Sienna interrupted with a slight shudder, her eyes still on Stefan's sleeping form, "I have to face it, its now or never. Anyway, what do u plan to do with this drunkard?" said Sia, taking in a deep breath. "Oh, nothing really. I just wanted someone with me while I was sleeping in an empty house with 2 dead drunk, teenage, hormonal boys. Thank you so much for coming over at such a short notice." Said Ari, thinking of the other cute drunkard in her room, on her bed. "Why are you suddenly being so formal with me? I'm hurt, doesn't mean you have to be so formal with me, okay?" asked Sia, in a mock warning tone, and Ari simply nodded with a ghost of a smile on her face. "Now, that we've sorted that out, mind telling me who this other 'drunk, teenage, hormonal guy' is?" asked Sia, with curiosity gleaming in her eyes, Ari ignored her question and simply blushed. "Oh okay, wait! Let me guess...it's Alex, that cutie, isn't it!? Oh, Ari! You're so cute when you blush...oh my god! You blushed, that means you totally like him!" shreiked Sia, "Fine, whatever! But keep you're calm, you crazy woman! With the frequency in which you just shreiked, you're gonna wake up both the boys!!" said Ari, not even trying to decline the fact that Sia just said Ari had a crush on Alex, which wasn't exactly wrong, either anyway.

"Okay, so that we've come to the conclusion that you finally are crushing on Alex, let's go to bed." Said Sia with a triumphant smile, Ari just rolled her eyes at her best friend and said "You go and sleep in the guest bedroom, while I go and check on Alex, who's asleep on my bed. I'll join you in sometime, yeah?" to which Sia replied with a cheeky grin "Ofcourse, and no you are not expected to join me in the guest room. You have a queen-sized bed, you you may just go and share the bed with Alex. Oh and no funny business, even though I totally approve of Alex and you. K good night, sleep tight, bye!" she literally ran towards the guest bedroom and slammed the door shut even before Ari could argue about this lame idea of her idiot of a best friend to get her and Alex together. She quietly thanked God that no one was around to hear her partial confession about Alex, and since Stefan was fast asleep, she was even more grateful.

As she slumped towards her room, she thought how the whole day had progressed and it put a smile to her face when she reached her room and saw Alex, still deep in sleep, on the extreme left side of the bed. She quickly changed into her minion pyjamas and joined Alex in bed, although since he was on the extreme left corner of the bed, she was left with plenty of space. She took the right corner and stared into the ceiling with wide eyes for what felt like hours but was probably just a few minutes.

Suddenly, a huge muscular hand covered her little torso, and she barely kept her shout in as she realised it was only Alex, still in his deep slumber. She then felt him move his head into the crook of her neck, his hot breath fanning the top of her breasts, giving her the good sort of shivers. At first she was reluctant to be in that position, but the more she tried to move away, the more his grip tightened on her. At last, she gave up and decided to enjoy his warmth and scent rather than giving herself a hard time.

Then Alex started mumbling incoherent words that made no sense, but after sometime his words became proper sentences and Ari started listening, trying to understand his still hazy speech.

"Why...so pretty...sorry Ariel, I only avoided...because I like you...a lot...you like Stefan...Stefan like Sia...but Sia hate Stefan...and you hate me...why?" Ariel smiled at his mixed up words but she clearly understood what he was trying to say, if her blush was an evidence in anyway.

As she melted more into Alex's warm embrace, a smile on her face, she felt her eye lids flutter and get heavy, she panicked as to what was happening to her, but before she could shout for help, she went all blank, the last thing she saw before blanking out, was Alex snuggling futher deeper into her neck.

Ariel opened her eyes to the morning light streaming into her room, though her semi-transparent, white curtains. Then she realised she had a heavy weight on her chest, someone's breath hot on her chest, as that someone cuddled deeper into the crook of her neck as she tried to free herself. Then she realised it was no one but Alex, from last night. She blushed as Alex, very unconciously kissed her neck and burried his face into the crook again. She smiled at his cute action as she kept on looking at his sleeping form.

His long legs tangled into hers, his nose a short but a cute one, his eyes shut lightly, his thick eye lashes brushing his cheeks, Ariel always wondered why boys always got such beautiful eye lashes, while girls had to struggle everyday to put on water-proof mascara.

That was when she realised, last night, nothing was wrong with her, rather it was her falling asleep, for the first time in the last 2 years. And as she thought more about it, she realised, it was Alex who was the reason, she fell asleep without thinking about someone breaking into her house, even if this thought was unconcious to her mind.

"Aaaaahhhh......" Ariel was pulled out of her thoughts by the shrill scream of, none other than her best friend, Sienna. As the shout was heard, Alex woke up with startle and fell off the bed, looking as cute as a puppy, as he tried to process what he was doing in an unknown room, and unknown bed. He scratched his head, shook his head to clear his confusion and when he saw Ariel, his eyes widened and that's when he realised who he was sharing a bed with, and his sleeping posture before he was woken up. "Good morning, Alex. As much as I want to continue a good conversation with you, as you've heard, my best friend's got her panties into a twist, due to some unknown reason, so I'll go and check on her, while you feel free to use my bathroom. Get freshened up and come down, I'll quickly fix all 4 of us some breakfast, okay?" said Ari, as Alex nodded his head, still in a daze. Ariel left the room, with a smile on her face at the confused, flushed look on the boy in her room's face.

Sienna's POV

"Aaaaahhhh......" Sia shouted as she felt someone breathing down the back of her neck, with his morning boner poking into the lower part of her back. Then she very quickly, pushed the man out of her bed, before jumping on his fallen form, on the floor. She sat on top of him, straddling him and placed her hands tightly on the man's hands in a fashion so as to lock them in place. When she saw who the guy was, she was confused, embarrassed, angry as well as surprised all the the same time.

"What the f*** are you doing here in my room,huh? Weren't you sleeping on the couch in the living room? And how dare you touch me with those filthy hands of yours!" yelled Sienna at Stefan who was still dazed, at Sienna's fast, swift movements, so early in the morning.

"I...Sienna...I wanted to say...I'm sorry, I-" started Stefan but Sienna cut him midway, "Stop, you know what, I don't even want to know why and when you came in here, just go away. Don't you dare come near me again and do NOT touch me, ever!" she was pissed off, that Stefan was sure of. And as much as she tried to be intimidating, he found her irresistible. With her flushed cheeks, her flaring eyes, and her hard breathing, Stefan almost took her then and there right on the floor. "Oye! Mind out of the gutter, you pervert! Why do you have a boner so early in the morning! Ugh...gross!" she said as she stood up and finally realised the position she was in, while Stefan was just in his boxers and nothing more.

Stefan noticed her uncomfortableness as his shortage of clothing, and said, "Do I make you uncomfortable, babygirl? Oh and by the way, the couch was too short for me, so I walked up to Ariel to tell her I'm going home, when I noticed the guest room open, and when I saw you, I just had to join you in bed. Also, this room is technically Ariel's, not yours"

"Okay, what exactly is going on here, huh!?" Sia turned her head towards the door to find Ari, her hands crossed over her chest as she threw a questioning glare towards both Sia and Stefan, with Alex looking nothing but confused and sleepy as hell. "Stefan, would like to explain why you are in the guest room when you should have been in the living room!?"to which Stefan replied, rather cheekily, "You see, Ari baby. I woke up last night, deciding to head home when I saw this lady here, asleep in all her glory, and I couldn't bring myself to go home. So I simply joined her in bed..." Sienna had had enough of this guy, he was nothing but trouble, always giving her pain when she needed so she just fiercely walked out of the room, towards Ari's room.

________________________________________________________________

Ariel's POV

Alex seemed to have suddenly come out of his daze, and whispered into Ari's ear from behind her, "You better go and get your pretty, little best friend, huh 'Ari baby'? While I manage this half naked, giant baby in here". Ari tried her best to ignore the way her stomach fluttered when she could feel Alex's warm breath in her ear, as he kept his lips lingering around her ear a little more than necessary and then his warmth was gone. That was when she realised the tone in which he said 'Ari baby', was it jealousy she was hearing, she simply smiled and walked out of the room, towards her room, where she knew Sia was definitely waiting with an explanation, but not before throwning a piercing glare towards Stefan, who kept staring into space.

On reaching her room, she saw best friend in silent tears, sitting on her bed. She reached her bed in quick, long steps and hugged Sia with all her might to show her support. Sia started explaining between sobs, "Why does he do this, Ariel? Do you know how hard it is to get over him when he does things like this, grabbing my waist like nothing happened, coming and joining me in bed, cuddling with me!" and she began sobbing again. "Aww, Sia! Baby, just think about it, why does he behave like he's still into you? Why does he keep grabbing your waist, why does he look hurt when you are being rude to him, why does he start fuming when u do an action as small as talk or even smile at Alex?" and she started at her beautiful, beautiful best friend, tears streaming down her cheeks and yet she still managed to look blissful. "Look, okay! He ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT look hurt, and he DOES NOT 'fume' as you say he does, he just doesn't like that Alex gets attention when he's in the same room too. He's just an arrogant, idiotic moron, who's trying to get close to me and shatter my already broken heart all over again" just as Ariel was about to deny about these misconceptions, the door to Ari's room opened and the two boys stumbled into the room, Stefan falling over Alex, as Alex's shoulder connected with the floor. "What the f***, man! Get off of me! Man, You really are a fat-ass!" said Alex, pushing a still shirtless Stefan off him. "Alex, you don't have be jealous, man! This ass that you talk of his pure muscle, man! Take a good look if you want to" Said Stefan, getting up from the floor, dusting himself for imaginary dust.

Then the boys look up and realise what they had just done, they just got caught evesdropping on the girls conversation. Before anyone could know what exactly was happening, Alex pulled Ari out of the room by grabbing her wrist, while saying, "They need to speak alone..."

Once outside, Ari pulled her wrist out of Alex's grip, bringing Alex to a surprised halt, "What's wrong?" asked Alex to which Ariel replied, "Were you just now, evesdropping on us, huh? And the you have the audacity to question me 'what's wrong'!!" then she took a deep breath and said a little more calmer than before and said "You know what, forget it. Let's fix some breakfast, Sia needs food when she's upset" and pulled a very lost Alex towards the kitchen with her.

On reaching the kitchen, Alex stopped Ari by placing both his hands on her shoulder blades, bringing her to a halt. He said, "Ari baby, let me show you one of my many talents and make a fine lady like you some mouth-watering pancackes, does that sound good to you?" he finished with a wink. Ari barely controlled her butterflies in her stomach because of Alex's hands on her shoulder and damn, that wink he gave at the end of his sentence. People could die with that wink thrown at them!

She nodded like an excited kid, and placed herself on the kitchen island stool, as she watched Alex's back muscles flex and relax as he cooked on the stove. Then before she could even realise what she was thinking, her mouth uttered the words, "Why were you avoiding me at school yesterday?"

____________________________________________________________________________________

Annnnnnndddddddd that's a wrap, people! Please do leave a comment about the chapter.

I haven't been uploading much, I've been going through a writer's block, as they say. Too much school work, those of you who are in 12th will understand.

Anyway, do COMMENT, SHARE and VOTE!

THANK YOU!   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

317K 6.4K 59
EMMA RUBY FOREST. You know the perfect girl, with blonde hair, blue eyes, who is desired by almost every guy, also dating the future Alpha, yeah th...
2.6M 89.4K 45
**Highest Ranking : #1 in Chicklit** [ A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY ] Mabel Carter traveled half way across the country to attend college and get away...
205K 5.7K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
Luna By anya jayvyn

Teen Fiction

7.4M 326K 47
A bullied girl meets the popular new student. ***** "Still saying that you're perfectly okay?" Max whispers. I'm surprised to hear that his voice is...