Death Becomes Us

Od EzraWinn

Typical doesn't even begin to describe who I am. I Skylar Carright am for more complex than I appear to be. C... Více

Published Books Now Available
AUTHOR NOTE
1) Decisions Decisions
2) Child or Monster
3) Invitation Only
4) Pain = Understanding
5) Let's Play
6) Intruder
7) Shall it Begin
8) Hunter or Hunted
9) Bodies
10) Jake's Play Time
11) Q & A
12) Hunter & Prey
13) Girls
14) A-Maze-Ingly Deadly
15) Birth
16) Hide & Seek
17) 99 Problems
18) Guity Until Proven Innocent
19) Closer
20) Lady Grim
21) Sweet Sorrow
22) Taught in Blood
23) Eaten Alive
24) Friends, and Family, and Death oh my
26) Dirty Cops
27) Eh Tu
28) Fun House
29) Pigs
30) Goodnight & Goodbye
D.E.A.T.H Series

25) Woe is Me

16.6K 407 21
Od EzraWinn

Woe is Me

         My life was coming apart at the seams it seemed. The investigation was all over the news. The Man had fallen into a depression when That Woman never returned any of his calls. Jake was showing his true colors and being the little dick that we all known him to be.

            I sat in a park because the Fun House didn't feel like a place of peace anymore. This was the same park I use to come to with my mother. It was the same tree that we use to sit under. Hours at a time my mother and I could spend under this tree. Not talking not even noticing the other, just in our own heads, just working out our own problems. When you moved, when you stood and walked away it seem as if all of the weight that was crushing you was released somehow.

            It has been three years since I been to the park, since I sat under the tree, since I had care about anything at all. I closed my eyes and allowed the world to rush over me, to rush pass me was more like it. Then my peace was shattered when I heard someone scream. I stood quickly and looked around when I saw a girl backing away from a tree not far from where I was.

            She tripped over her own feet falling on her ass and still moved back. I started walking over to her not to offer her any help but just to see what had gotten her so shaken in the first place. I stopped at the tree she was at looking down at and frowned Anger boiled inside of me at the sight in front of me. Two bodies were on display, posed in a sexual manner. But I didn't care about that. It was the two bodies that I care about.

            The police had been looking for these two for weeks now, for weeks there has not me hide nor hair of them and now here they were, Dan and Alyssa. Alyssa and Dan stood in frozen death before me. I was mad that Dan had been unearthed but more so I was pissed and hurt that someone would dig up Alyssa and do this to her. I wanted to push Dan away from her. I wanted to cover her since the sick freak thought a nude Alyssa was more suitable for this.

            “Hey! Hey you! What are you doing there?!” Someone yelled and I turned around seeing some random stranger looking at me as he was moving quickly over. I looked back at the two bodies that were posed in front of me.

            “Skylar Carright on your knees.” Ross voice came from nowhere and I noticed that I was surrounded by cops, all pointing their guns at me, all making their way over to me. I rolled my eyes as I put my hands in the air and got down on my knees. Someone came up behind me shoving me to the ground and pulling my arms behind my back. I could feel the cuffs pinch against my skin as they tightened them around me.

            I was walked to a car and put in the back then taken to the station. I yawned since I had to go through this nonsense again. I thought they were after Jake. I thought they though I didn't have the balls to do this. I was walked to a car and shoved inside as a few of the cops stayed behind to deal with the bodies. I looked out the window at Alyssa's body still the way I left it as the police photographed her in that manner.

            Once again I was in the hot seat. This time it was the FBI off the back. They were just sitting there not saying anything to me at all, just watching me. No they were waiting. No doubt about it, waiting for the M.E report about the bodies. Yes I killed Dan but they couldn't know that and they didn't have Raven so there was no way they could tie me to that. Also how could I ever kill Alyssa? Ross came in with a folder and handed it to one of the agents and was about to leave when they motion for him to stay.

            My eyes went to Ross looking at him trying to read his mind just from his body language but he was still eyes narrowed, arms cross over his chest, staring at me. They all were. The one agent was thumping through the folder that Ross had brought in and the last of them was drinking coffee. Did they think they could kill me with silence? Think I would crack and break from pressure alone. I couldn't help myself. This was just to much to take. I tossed my head back and started to laugh.

            “What's funny Skylar?” The lead agent asked.

            “You all of course, sitting there trying to do what, mind fuck me. You do know that you can't question me. I'm a minor how many times do I have to tell you idiots this?”

            “How well did you know Alyssa Jacobs?” Ross said and I looked over at him.

            “Did you not just hear me?” I hissed.

            “That's true if you were a person of interest. We aren't interested in you Skylar.” The agent said. “I already told you my thoughts on you.” I looked over at Ross to see if he agreed with the agents thoughts on me. He had his poker face on and I smiled and looked back at the agent.

            “I knew Alyssa very well.”

            “What would you say would the nature of your relationship?”

            “We were humping like bunnies.” I lied as I looked at him. “Mmmmm, she tasted so sweet nice and tight to.” I watched as the other agent looked away in embarrassment.

            “How do you know Jade Arenest?”  My jaw clenched at the mention of name. It wasn't just because of what she did to Alyssa. Not just because of what I did to her, but for the fact that she was missing. Out there somewhere and I had no clue what she was doing. No control over what she was saying. My life went to shit after Jade came in it. I should have killed her along with the idiot she wondered into the Fun House with.

            “When was the last time you saw her?” he asked.

            “Can't say, been a while.” I said.

            “You own the burnt out hospital on the hill don't you.” Ross said and I looked over at him again.

            “It's been in my family for ages.” I said choices my words carefully.

            “Has Jake ever been there?” The agent that had turned away asked. My eyes slide over to him as I thought about what I should do. Call Jake out? Let him hang out dry? What kind of friend would I be if I did that? Then again was what Jake and I had even called a friendship anymore?

            “Not sure.” I said and they took out a photo from there folder showing Jake driving up the hill to the Fun House. I glanced down at it and then back at them. “Then I would guess so.” I said unaffected by the photo.

            “You do know that you can't keep protecting your friend?” The lead agent said and I smiled a bit.

            “Who said anything about protecting a friend?” I said leaning back in my chair. I was bored with this. I wanted to get out of this room. I had work to do after all. Someone had dug up Alyssa body. Someone had found Dan's as well. Someone took them from my Fun House. Someone put them here. “Can I go yet?” I asked and they looked at me. “Legally you have no grounds to hold me.” I reminded them.

            “You're free to go.” The lead agent said but I didn't trust him. I stood my eyes on them all as I backed away from the table and then left out the room.

            My house was dark when I made it home. The Man had been a mess since That Woman left. I wanted to yell at him that she was dead so stop bitching already but for many reasons I couldn't do that. It enraged me though. That he would cry over That Woman and yet my mother lied in a bed for close to eight months dying slowly in front of us all and he never shed a tear.

            I walked to the living room and found him sitting in the darkness doing nothing at all. I started to say something to The Man but then sighed and turned from him.

            “Where have you been?” He asked me.

            “No place to worry you.” I answered him heading for the stairs.

            “She was a good person you know.” He called after me. “I know you hated her, but she was good person.”

            “Good people don't steal away dying women husbands.”

            “She was nothing anymore Skylar. She was a breathing corpse. I loved her, to the day she died I loved her.”

            “She didn't just die. THEY MURDERED HER!” I yelled turning around and walking towards The Man.

            “Not that again.” He said.

            “Yes. Yes, this again. I was there. I told you. You never listen to me. You idiot, you could have saved her.”

            “From what Skylar? Caner or doctors she was going to die.”

            “She could have gotten better. She had once before.”

            “Son...”

            “Don't.” I hissed turning away from him. “Don't call me that. You're no father of mine.”

            “When Skylar?” He yelled as I made my way up the stairs. “When are you going to learn this world doesn't revolve around you or your beloved mother?”  I had nothing to say to that. So I said nothing just kept walking until I made it to my room and slammed the door close behind myself.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

114 0 7
Death, it isn't that simple to kill someone, even in the end someone just flies like a bird, just free from anything, can't anyone be like that, can'...
341 72 34
"Don't touch me I didn't do anything" I yelled as the police tried to arrest me The people in the crowd were throwing dirt and rocks at me "I'm not a...
837 100 37
The New World has been the last peaceful and resourceful country for nearly two hundred years. Or at least that's what they say. Samantha Ivory has b...
29K 1.1K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...