I Kissed A Boy [boyxboy]

By rotXinXpieces

(Book 1) It was just an accident. I had never meant to kiss Blake Patterson, supposedly the school's biggest... More

Chapter One
I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Two
I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Three
I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Four
I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Five
I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Six
I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Seven
I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Eight
I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Nine
I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Ten
I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Eleven
I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Twelve
I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Thirteen
I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Fifteen
I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Sixteen

I Kissed A Boy: Chapter Fourteen

374K 12.1K 17.2K
By rotXinXpieces

Chapter Fourteen (Blake's POV)

I don't think I've ever woken up feeling this amazing before. It wasn't just the fact that it was the weekend and the sun was warm on my face. It was also the fact that when I opened my eyes, Danny was lying beside me, fast asleep with his face buried between the pillow and my chest. He was curled up against me, his body warming me up immediately.

So last night really did happen. I wasn't dreaming.

I actually did it with Danny Carter.

I sighed in relief and put my arms around him gently, watching his sore wrist as I cradled him against me, savoring every moment. He actually felt so small and fragile in my arms. He looked way more innocent in his sleep too. His eyelashes contrasted against his cheeks, his lips parted slightly so he was breathing quietly. I could feel his heart pounding in his chest as he slept. I could watch him all day.

Of course, leave it to Danny to wake up only seconds later.

His eyes opened slowly at first, glazed over with sleep before he blinked a few times and mumbled something incoherent before he seemed to realize I was sleeping next to him. I expected him to jump out of the bed and freak out, but instead he just yawned a sleepily.

"What time is it?" He murmured. I glanced over my shoulder at the clock, then back again.

"Eleven in the morning."

"Mmm...."

"Did you want to sleep some more?"

"Mmm." I took that as a yes as he sank back against the pillows, his eyes closing. Before I knew it, his breathing was steady again. I rolled my eyes, smirking a little before I slid out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I showered quickly, some part of me almost afraid that Danny would disappear on me, but when I came out, he was still fast asleep in bed, cuddling up with my pillows and blankets surrounding him. I took a mental picture before I got dressed in a pair of black jeans, then headed downstairs. I followed the sweet smell of French toast into the kitchen to find Vic standing over the stove.

Glancing to the side, I saw Rick rubbing his temples and moaning in pain. I cocked a brow when I noticed a bruise on his upper cheek.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked, although, I didn't really care. He just looked like he was in pain and it was amusing me. He seemed to know this and pinned me with a lethal glare.

"Your butt-buddy's brother happened." He retorted. My brows lifted in surprise.

"Devin?" I asked. He scowled and hunched over further, closing his eyes as his fingers brushed over the brush. Vic laughed, making me glance over at him.

"I just knew that some day someone wouldn't succumb to your brother's charms. Looks like Danny's got a smart brother. Kid has a wonderful right hook and caught Rick in the face when the idiot tried to make a move on him, tried to trick him to come home with him. Guess you can tell it was a complete and utter failure." He explained. I couldn't resist and laughed, making Rick snarl a few curses, but I didn't care.

I found it hilarious. Damn straight Rick finally got what he deserved.

"Whatever," Rick snorted, shoving himself away from the counter and getting up, "He likes me. I can tell. At least someone does."

"Don't get your hopes up." I smirked. Rick started at me, but Vic flung his mighty spatula out and smacked him in the chest.

"Down, Bessy. Go shower and come downstairs. I'm sure French Toast is perfect for hangovers, disgrace, and denial." Vic told him. Rick moaned and covered his mouth, shoving past me and heading to the nearest bathroom to up-chuck.

"You're looking pretty peachy this morning. How'd your date with Danny go?" Vic asked as he placed a few slices of French Toast on a plate, handing it to me. I took it and sat at the counter, sighing.

"Probably the greatest day of my entire life. Why?"

"Rick told me you brought Danny over here last night."

"Yup."

"He still upstairs?"

"Yup."

"Did you guys do it?"

"Yup."

"Nice. Oh, except you're washing those sheets. I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole." Vic added with a shudder. I rolled my eyes, then felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up at the feeling of someone behind me and looked up. Danny was standing in the doorway, looking a bit uncomfortable and wearing...

Hot damn.

He was wearing a pair of my pajama pants that he had to use the drawstring to keep on his waist or else they'd fall to his ankles. A wave of pleasure washed over me as he yawned a little, moving very slowly to the counter, but not sitting down.

"Morning, sleepy-head," Vic greeted him with a grin, handing him some French Toast, "Here's some breakfast."

"Thanks, Vic." Danny murmured, still a bit sleepy, but he took the plate and ate standing up. I didn't blame him. He was probably still sore. Vic just eyed me before he left the kitchen to check on Rick, leaving me alone with Danny.

"Did your mom want you home any time soon?" I asked. Danny shrugged, glancing lazily at the nearest clock before swallowing his food.

"Eh. Just a little after noon. She said she had some geeky book club thing with Emily's and Terry's mom and she wanted me to be home so I can help set up the living room. But after that I'm free. Why, did you wanna go do something later?"

"Sure. How about a movie?" I suggested. His face brightened.

"I heard they made a third Paranormal Activity! Can we go see that?"

"Sure."

"Sweet! I love those movies. I mean, they're so obviously fake- I hope, but they're still cool and I like yelling at the people. I mena, seriously? If I heard a creepy ass noise like that, I'd run for the hills, not go investigate." He snorted, but he was still smiling as if the idea of seeing a movie with me pleased him. Which in turn made me smile.

Wow, it was actually working out. All of this. He wasn't mad, he didn't hate me. In fact, he seemed to like me even more than he did before. It honestly made my heart swell.

Shortly after breakfast, we went back upstairs and while he showered, I changed the sheets and stuck them in the washer before I set out his clothes. He came out, in just a towel, drying off his hair and leaving it so it stuck up all over the place.

"Don't you ever brush your hair?" I asked, cocking a brow. He shook his head, a silly alfalfa swaying on top of his head, making me smirk.

"Nope, not on the weekends anyway. It's my lazy time... Ergh," He paused to stretch his back a little, wincing as he placed his hands on the small of his back, "How long is it gonna ache like this?" Even though he asked it casually, his face was still bright pink at mentioning it. I shrugged.

"Probably just a little longer. Just be careful and don't let your parents find out." I added under my breath. Danny shuddered at the thought, pulling his sweatshirt over his head.

"Believe me, they're not gonna find out." He replied, then pulled his jeans on and was ready to go. We headed downstairs, ignoring Rick who was throwing insults at me for earlier.

"What's his problem?" Danny asked as he sat down in the car, wincing a little and shifting uncomfortably. I smiled comfortingly before I started the car and pulled out of the driveway.

"He's got a stick up his ass because Devin violently turned him down."

"Whoa, seriously? That bruise was from Devin?"

"Apparently."

"Kudos. I'm gonna have to treat Devin real nice for the rest of the day, so long as he keeps his nose outta my business. It pisses me off how he keeps saying he doesn't like you. I don't see why anyone could hate you..." He said quietly, his voice trailing. I laughed softly, shaking my head as I drove.

"People don't know me. They just make the assumption that I'm a freak. A creepy weed-smoking molester who's apparently been to jail a lot of times without even knowing it."

"That sucks ass."

"Hell yea it does, but it doesn't bug me. I'm never seeing any of these idiots again anyway, so it doesn't bother me. Half of them will be dead while the other half will probably have shithole jobs and shithole lives." I explained. Danny blinked.

"You don't think I'm gonna be like that, do you?"

"Nah."

"Good. That'd be an awkward high school reunion." He snorted. I laughed in response as I pulled into his driveway and we got out. I noticed Danny's dad's car in the driveway and prepared myself to just stay quiet and nod silently. We got up to the door and Danny led the way inside.

"Ma! I'm home!" He called. He was answered by silence and frowned, tilting his head to listen for anyone. I didn't say anything and just followed him until we ended up in the kitchen.

Danny's mom was sitting stiffly in one of the dining room chairs with Devin beside her, looking pale as a ghost and- Sweet Jesus, if looks could kill, Danny's dad would have killed us both then and there.

"Whoa, what the hell?" Danny asked, confused. I got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach as Ace folded his arms over his chest.

"Where'd you go last night?" He demanded. Danny immediately shrank back a little bit from the stern tone in his dad's voice.

"To the Homecoming game."

"You went with him?" Oh no. Ace looked at me now and I knew right then and there what was going on. My stomach felt hollow as Danny still seemed oblivious to the situation.

"Well, yea. Him, Devin, Emily and-"

"Oh no, I'm pretty sure you went with him," Ace drawled, sliding a lap top off the counter and flipping it open so a Facebook page came up, "It's all over the Internet and pretty much the entire town." He clicked on a photo and a lump formed in my throat.

Danny's face drained of all color and he stopped breathing. The look on his face was like a kick in the chest for me as I watched him stare at the photo of him and I basically making out behind the locker rooms.

Oh god.

"Mr. Carter-"

"Shut up," Ace snapped, cutting me off, "I'm not about to hear an explanation from you. Daniel Carter, you better explain this right now. If this is some stupid dare..." His voice trailed threateningly and Danny was still in horror.

"I-I didn't- I don't- I mean, I did- No, I didn't. Well- For a second- I just..." Danny choked off and I watched his eyes film over with tears. He took a small step back as his dad snapped the lap top shut.

"Out." He commanded.

"Ace!" Cherri cried, leaping to her feet. Devin was on his feet too, looking a bit horrified at what his father said too. I felt like a heavy weight had just been dropped on my shoulders as Danny shrank further back.

"I didn't mean to!" Danny cried.

"How do you not mean to partake in this kind of disgusting display of indecency with not just anyone, but a boy? Daniel, do you have any idea what this means?" Ace demanded harshly. Danny flinched and I felt like I was watching a horror movie. Everything about Danny right now was tugging so harshly at my heartstrings, I swore they were ripping apart.

"I-It's not indecent! I-I mean, I didn't t-think anyone was-"

"Watching," Ace filled in icily, "Oh, it's not just the fact that you were caught, Daniel. It's the fact that you were doing it anyway. Do you have any idea how wrong that is? How do you expect it to work out anyway, huh? Men weren't meant to be with other men, it's just wrong. Have you ever thought about how tainted that makes you? Do you know what happens to people like that when they die, Daniel? Do you have any idea what happens to you while you're alive, Daniel?" His tone was rising and I could tell he was just full on pissed now.

It was making Danny look smaller and smaller now. He looked like he was about to break, shatter to pieces right there. It was probably taking him every last bit of strength he could muster to just stand there and take this.

"Ace," Cherri cried desperately, grabbing his arm harshly, "Stop! You're not making this easy! Let him explain himself already. You're throwing bombs on him faster than he can react. The least you can do is let him explain himself."

"Are you kidding me? Cherri, the boy can't even manage a sentence. We'll be here all night before he can come up with some preposterous excuse for this-this disgusting crime!" Ace snapped at her, which only made Cherri flinch. All the while, Devin was dead silent, staring at Danny with an unreadable expression. All the while, I could feel my temper building up and this was just not the time for it to happen, but it just did anyone.

"Danny, honey," Cherri said softly, stepping forward, "Please explain this to us. We're trying to understand. We're not gonna hurt you, sweetie pie. Remember what mama told you? I'll love you no matter what and I meant it." I think that was what calmed Danny down a little more, but he still didn't step forward and stayed as far from his dad as possible.

"I-I didn't want to tell you guys," Danny managed shakily, "I mean, not yet. It just happened, like, a week ago. I mean, not the picture, but just... I don't know how to explain it right. Blake and I started hanging out because of the English project and I don't know, I didn't want for it to go that far and I didn't even think it would. It just... sort of did. And last night, we were just talking about something and then... that... I didn't think anyone was watching. I just... I like Blake... Like, a lot."

Part of me was so happy that he actually admitted it aloud, but another part of me was... scared. Scared for Danny and what his family's reaction would be.

And damn it, I had every right because Ace's face was practically mottled red with fury.

"You like him? Not only did you just meet, but he's a boy and you like him? What the hell is wrong with you? Did you get in a car wreck and somehow hide it from me? Are you just screwing around with me?"

"No," Danny protested, "I-I'm telling the truth! I do like him, but so what? Why does it matter?"

"Why does it matter?! Why does it matter?! In case you haven't noticed, you're also a boy! Life doesn't work that way, Daniel. It's a sin. You'll be punished for this and you know that, yet you do it anyway. Next thing I know you're gonna say you're a Satanist, right? That's it, I'm not dealing with this."

"Ace, honey-"

"Leave, Daniel. Go." Ace ordered, his voice solid firm. Danny was heartbroken. I could tell by the teary-eyed look on his face, his lips parting as if he were going to speak before he pursed them. I gritted my teeth, clenching my fists tightly. Oh great... Good-bye last chance for peace.

"What the hell is that?" I demanded. Ace's eyes locked on me.

"You have no say in this. You're the devil that poisoned him."

"So sue me! I'll admit that Danny and I have a thing, but so what? How the hell doesn't that bother you? And for your information, I've read the bible and I'm pretty damn sure it says that God loves all his children, or are you trying to tell me that that book is just a sack of contradictions? Don't you dare condone him for something he can't help. If you were smart, you would know that it's not exactly something that can be helped. He's your son. Your flesh and your blood. How dare you turn on him like that! If you were any kind of father, you would accept him for who he is and quick acting like a stereotypical, hypocritical bigot!"

Shit.

Ace was glaring daggers at me. Cherri had tears in her eyes as she took a step forward, but Ace pulled her back.

"No son of mine is tainted," Ace seethed hatefully, sending a cold ice up my spine, "Get out. Both of you. Now, or I'll call the cops and have you removed." I didn't have anything else to say. I just turned around, taking Danny's arm gently to pull him along, but he removed to move. I grimaced as I watched the tears he was working so hard to hold back, fall down his face.

"I didn't... mean for this to happen... I didn't.... Please don't hate me," He pleaded and my heart broke for him as he choked on his tears, "I'm not a freak, I'm not tainted either. Please..."

"Go, Daniel." Ace commanded. Cherri started to cry too, the tears streaming down her face as she clamped a hand over her mouth. Devin had shrunk away, leaning against the far wall to watch with a pale, stricken face.

"Come on, Danny." I said softly, forcing him to turn around and follow me. He was being stubborn and kept trying to pull back, but I eventually got him out the door and he broke down, literally falling to his knees and taking me with him. I grimaced as he sobbed.

"They hate me! I kenw they'd hate me! Why did this have to happen? It's not my fault!"

"I know, Danny... I know." I said quietly. I wanted to hold him and cradle him until he stopped crying, stopping hurting, but he wouldn't. It was just one of those things that needed time to heal. A lot of time. All I could do was sit there and listen to him cry and it broke every part of me. After he had cried himself into a coughing fit, I had to take him to the car before his dad checked to see if we were still there.

We sat in the car in silence and before I knew it, Danny had cried himself to sleep in my car. I had to carry him upstairs to my room where I set him on the bed and pulled the covers over him, taking his shoes off.

I came back downstairs to find Vic looking a bit uneasy as he stood in the hallway by the staircase.

"Did they find out?" He asked. Man, he was smart. I nodded slowly. He grimaced, folding his arms over his chest.

"All right... Okay, he can stay here as long as he wants."

"And school? Vic, he can't go back to school. That picture is all over the Internet. They broke his wrist last time. What're they gonna do next?" I asked, leaning against the post of the staircase, biting into my lower lip. Vic sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"I don't know, Blake. You guys can't just skip the rest of the year. It's your last year."

"And his second to last. He'll have to deal with it all for another two years.... Vic, what do I do?" I asked, dropping my arms to my side. His answer wasn't very helpful.

"I don't know, Blake... I really don't know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 105K 17
(Book 3) I know when I can't have something I want. I'm old enough to know that now, but why is it that there's always that one something that I want...
289K 11K 33
I never expected one person to affect me so much...to be able to break me apart only to put the pieces back together and do it all over again...I gue...
112K 2.2K 27
Story about two guys who find out about each other's feelings. One of the guys is a bully and other is just a bullied boy. After one beating in schoo...
1.6M 46.2K 12
(Book 6) I'm awkward, easily confused, obsessed with cartoons, and candy. Thirty-two and I can't even make the simple decisions an eighteen-year-old...