Corruption of Heart~ APH Fanf...

By UrbanSweetsBeast

"A prisoner of love is a prisoner none the less." When a certain three personifications of countries fall in... More

Ch.II) Home is Where the Heart Is, Bonds Never Break
Ch.III) Fork in the Road
CH.IV) Final Goodbyes and the Beginning of New Lives
Ch. V) Half A Day~
Ch. VI) A New Horizon
Ch. VII) Moving On~ The End is Nearing
Ch. VII) Georgia's Story
Ch. IX)
Ch. X) Weakness Should Be a Sin
Ch. XI) Nothing Hurts More Than the End
Epilogue~

Corruption of Heart~ APH Fanfiction

1.6K 25 26
By UrbanSweetsBeast

Warning: This fanfic contains OCs from my Hetalia 50 States of Mind fic. All characters other than the countries are mine. Human names used.

Florida- Maria

New York- Jackie

Hawaii- Leila or 'Lei' I personally like Lei better~

Massachusetts- Meghan

Georgia- Her name is human, so it remains 'Georgia' x3 Though I always think 'Gina' for her. Who know?

___________________________________________________________________________

Maria watched in horror as her father was struck to the ground. The once proud man was bleeding, the blood of a dying royal. The formerly great emperor was reverted to nothing by that shining weapon of mass destruction. At that moment in time, Maria could only see a piece of hell, coming to burn down her existence. The strange weapon was not pointed at her, though she honestly thought that’s what would follow.

Gripping her father’s hand to her heart, Maria allowed her tears to flood onto the floor. She felt him standing behind her. What had her father been thinking? From prophecy? Those men who claimed that she and her entire race had sinned? Maria felt the tears become hotter, heavier. No…she was not a sinner. She herself had never lifted a hand to kill another man, yet these creatures had shot her father and called themselves holy.

“So, I suppose we have an agreement now?” The man who had killed her father said a grim smile on his face. Maria could only think that he was truly a demon. His scared, old face…his blood-hungry eyes…they were not human. No human could do this and smile afterwards.

Maria held her head down, taking a staggering breath. “You win…” she said, watching her father’s eyes close. The emperor could no longer speak, the crimson liquid leaking from his side causing him too much pain.  “You can have the palace…I can’t fight you without father…What is your name? I want my people to know the name of the man who condemns them to eternal suffering.”

The murderer stepped forward, his gray hair and gun coming into full view. He smiled. “My name…it’s not important, child. You’re ruler now, correct? In that case…consider this land no longer yours, dear. I will assign a supervisor to this empire of ‘yours’, to keep you all in check. Believe me…things are going to change…”

Maria watched the monster tilt his head back and laugh. She sunk her head in despair. “Father…” she whispered to the dead man’s body. “We have lost…forgive me.”

                                                                                _______________

A week afterwards…

Maria watched the man claiming to be the supervisor with cold eyes. She wanted to push him off the balcony, where he could no longer control her people with fear. Today was the day. She’d tell them all now, women and children, men and young adults, that they no longer had ruling over what they did. The supervisor gave her a small, charming smile, but said nothing. Maria scowled, turning to her people.

“My friends!” she called in her native tongue. Before and after her father’s death, she’d been forced to learn a certain amount of Spanish. In fact, she was still learning. The faster those foreigners spoke, the less she could understand. “My father…your king….your emperor is dead! His death was…” she looked back to the supervisor. His green eyes held no traces of sympathy. She even saw his lips twitch. Was he fighting a smile!?

“Unfortunate.” Maria finished with disgust. She saw the saddened look of a child and flinched. The tears once again threatened to fall. “Now, these men from a place far away have come to take his place. Please treat them with the same respect as you have for this past year. A few things will change now…I assume you’ve all been learning their language, or a basic image of it. Please continue learning. I appreciate your support. Keep living as you have been. That’s all for now…thank you for listening.”

Maria turned around and walked back into the palace, shutting the balcony doors. The supervisor gave her a friendly smile, extending his hand. “Me llamo Antonio.” He said clearly. Maria mentally translated that and frowned. In the palace, she knew she’d only speak Spanish from now on, though the supervisor had learned her language. It was a disrespect to her, so she couldn’t keep things hidden from him.

“Maria.” She said bitterly, brushing past him. Antonio caught her hand, shaking his head. He gestured to two men standing in the only exit way. “Those are my advisors. They are holy men from the churches of Italy. Soon enough, you savages will learn-“

“We are NOT savages!” Maria hissed, snatching her hand away. One of the men in the doorway, the one with darker hair scowled. “What you are, you are.” He said, not much caring for her. Maria gave him a startled look. “You…don’t say such things to me! I am not a child!” she snarled. The same man’s eyes narrowed. “You’re right. A child would have known when to silence herself.”

Antonio watched the scene play out with amused eyes. “Mi querida.” He said softly. “The man you are speaking to is Lovino. The man beside him is his brother, Feliciano.”

Maria frowned, pushing Lovino slightly as she exited the room. “Well…I hate all of you…” she hissed.

A sudden shout stopped her. The other brother, Feliciano ran up to her smiling. “It’s a pleasure!” he said, voice too joyous for the occasion. Maria felt like puking. “I wish I could say the same.” She said briskly. The holy man seemed confused and didn’t answer. Maria felt her rage build and stormed away. If her world was ending, she would fall with it…she just wouldn’t do it anywhere near them!

                                                                                                ____________

Leila and Jackie were running for their lives, but their faces displayed no signs of fear. They were laughing, joining hands and running from the danger with a smile. “You guys will never get a girlfriend with that approach!” Jackie shouted as one angry follower dove at her feet.  He was definitely a foreign man, as he spoke Spanish. Leila laughed so hard she felt tears form when the man cursed at the sky.

Catching their breath and crawling under a small shelter in an alleyway, Leila and Jackie faced each other and grinned. “Did you see his face!?” Leila said, wiping a tear that had managed to fall. Jackie clutched her stomach, the muscles tight from the constant pull. “Yeah, yeah! Don’t take your anger out on the world!” she said.

Leila rolled over and opened the small poach. “Let’s count the money. Uh let’s see. Ha! This thing was heavy, too! Over twenty gold coins, sis!”

Jackie’s eyes widened. “Over twenty? Score!” she said, peering into the bag. It was true. That was a wealthy man they’d just robbed. They couldn’t help themselves! Everyone was so focused on the princess. What did it matter if they pickpocketed a few people? It wasn’t anything they’d really miss anyway!

The two girls sighed. “So, where to stay tonight?” Jackie said, scratching her head. Leila shrugged. “I don’t know. Anywhere fancy you like, Jacks?” she asked using the older girl’s nickname. Jackie shrugged. “Not really, Lei.”

Leila frowned. Suddenly, a thought came to mind. She grinned innocently. “What about the palace? Remember that corridor we found that no one ever goes into anymore?”

Jackie jumped up and hit her head. Leila laughed as the girl slid down against the wall, muttering curses under her breath. Jackie scowled, snatching the bag of gold. “Yes, I remember.” She said, pushing Leila’s face away as the girl tried to get the small bag back. She pouted, rubbing her face as Jackie threw it at her. “The palace it is!” Jackie said, brushing herself off.  Leila and her intertwined pinkies. “Just us for eternity. The Sister Thieves!”

                                                                                __________________

Meghan frowned, chewing the fruit slowly. Who did those people think they were? Anyone with a brain could’ve seen that the princess was lying. The emperor had to have been murdered!

“Frail old man.” Meghan muttered under her breath. That fool…men of prophecy? So much for that! Meghan finished her lunch and gazed at the mid-day sun. She wiped sweat off her face in irritation.  She had to get out of this empire now! She wouldn’t let herself burn with it.

And either way, the wretched king got what he deserved. He’d murdered her parents, and for what reason? Failure to bring him an offering? Meghan’s parents were very religious. No man that walked among them was divine, simply because of the horrid ceremonies the people of this empire held. Meghan closed her eyes. How could she leave? Where would she go? A sick feeling crawled into her throat.

Here she was, working in a small place near the palace as a server. She didn’t have enough money to buy herself dinner some days! Luckily, the owner of the small restaurant was a kind old woman. She was just like Meghan’s mother. So kind and caring, calm and collected.

Thinking of all possibilities, one came quickly into her head. Though she hated the emperor, she was a fan of his daughter. They’d seen each other around and even snuck out to talk to each other. In short, they were close friends, so she knew this for sure.

Those Spaniards, the ones who were now conquering that empire hated pirates. Meghan admitted she wasn’t fond of those idiotic sailors either, but what was the saying as it went? “The enemy of my enemy is my friend.”? That was true, right? Maybe she’d take a chance….

                                                                                ___________________

“They stole from me!” the man protested. You must listen to me! Please holy brothers! If Antonio finds out I lost all this gold….!” He didn’t dare continue out of fear that Antonio might hear. The supervisor wasn’t fond of losing control over certain things. If the money was not in the monastery, it meant he no longer had authority over it. Oh and how violent he’d become….

Lovino scowled. “How did two girls half your size manage to steal seventy-five gold pieces from you!? Antonio will ruin you for losing it!” he snarled. Feliciano gave the old man a sympathetic look. “Where are these girls who took your belongings?” he questioned softly. The old Spaniard gave him a grateful look. “The outskirts of town! Please apprehend them!”

Lovino and Feliciano exchanged a look. “What were you doing outside of the monastery, anyway?” Lovino asked. His eyes burned with anger. Feliciano was now frowning as well. The man’s eyes pleaded with the both of them. “Please…forgive me! I was just watching the emperor’s daughter give that speech when one of the girl’s, the one with longer hair started to dance. And the one with shorter hair…she began to sing…and together it was so…alluring…” he finished with a gulp.

Both brothers’ faces lit up with rage. “You were sinning!?” Feliciano snapped. Lovino scowled. “Of course he was! Are you not a priest!?” Lovino shook his head. “We will deal with you later. As for those two who stole your money. I believe they should be dealt with first. What do you say, fratello?”

Feliciano nodded, glaring at the sinful man before them. “Yes…” His eyes blazed. “Come on, then! Where are they!?”

On that note, the two brothers turned and left the palace.

(A/N: The monastery is a large portion of the palace that they designated for religion, by the way. Just so you know x3)

                                                                                ____________

Antonio sat in the room, examining the necklace he’d found in the princess’s room. He’d only went in there, to find her, but of course, she wasn’t there. So, he decided to look around for some sign of the types of things she liked.  Like the rest of her people, she was apparently fond of gold. She had so much jewelry. Maybe he’d get something for her. Antonio smiled. Even savages appreciated beautiful things.

And what was that little outburst earlier? The princess sparked something in him…but he couldn’t really understand. On the inside, it drove him mad, but for now, he’d focus on the task at hand. She needed to be kept in line until this empire was ready to be burned. Antonio frowned. These people were beyond saving…though they were useful. Such industrial people. So healthy…so busy.

And so disgusting.

Antonio’s thoughts turned back to the princess. She had some boy who’d visit her on a daily basis. He frowned. Maybe he should put a stop to that? Maybe he should isolate her? The thought gave him a cheerful expression. He laid back on her bed, dangling the gold in front of his face. It wasn’t just gold…it belonged to her

Without a second thought, he put the necklace in his pocket. Suddenly, a bitter revelation come about. That boy who visited her everyday…what if she was with him now!? Antonio felt his blood boil. It was around time for him to teach her Spanish anyway. She seemed to be using it less and less after her father died. It wasn’t like he himself killed her father.

Antonio got up and exited the room. Savages…all of them…so why did this one make him feel different?

                                                                                ________________________

Maria sat on the table, watching Georgia cook. She smiled. “You know, Ms. Georgia, you’re the only I can talk to. Why did you never learn Spanish?” she asked curiosity clear in her voice. Georgia chuckled. “First of all, hun, I’m not that old and we’re friends! What….maybe a year or two older? And second of all, Spanish isn’t the language I was born speaking, and I’m sure never going to wherever those men came from! Our home made words are good enough for me!”.

Maria blushed in embarrassment and nodded. “I really admire you, Georgia. You’re never afraid to speak your mind. Don’t you ever get scared?”

Georgia blinked and looked up for a second. “Scared?” she said thoughtfully. “Well of what? The only thing to fear is fear itself, right? Hun, if you stand up for what you believe in, even if you turn out to be dead wrong, you are the strongest person I know! Even this little lady can’t do that!” she said, smiling as she chopped some tomatoes.  “What do you want to eat?”

Maria frowned. “You said we are friends, right? Georgia, let’s just go for a stroll and eat…Please?”

Georgia gave the girl a weary look out of the corner of her eye. “Well…”

“Please, Georgia? You don’t have to, but…”

“Oh, alright! How can I say no to those pure brown eyes?” Georgia said, caving in. Maria clapped, and took her friend’s hands in her own. “Yes!” she shouted. “Come on! I know the perfect little spot! This guy I talk to all the time’s parents own it!”

Georgia grinned. “Oooo~ Does this little girl have a crush?”

“I thought you said you weren’t old!” Maria retorted. Georgia laughed. “I’m not…but I’m not a little girl, either. I’m a lady by two years, Ms. Only Seventeen.”

Maria stuck out her tongue. “Oh please! By the time you hit nineteen, you are officially old!”

Georgia pinched the girl and Maria jumped. Georgia smiled. “Now…let’s go.”

                                                                                ______________________

Leila peeked her head out the alley way and smiled. “Clear.” She murmured.

Jackie crept past her sister, nodding. “Okay…let’s go.” She muttered, taking the lead. The two walked casually along the road back to the main city. They’d walked a good three miles before they decided to rest. They sat along the buildings to the side of the road. Jackie’s eyelids felt heavy and she yawned. “Leila…I’m tired. I’m going to take a short nap.” She said softly.

Leila nodded. “I will watch out for anything…go sleep.”

“You sure?”

“Yes…I’m not tired.” Leila insisted. Her sister was always watching her. Now it was her turn to take responsibility. Jackie gave her sister a drowsy smile. “Thank you.” She whispered. “Wake me when the sun leaves the middle of the sky.”

                                                                                ___________________

Only a few minutes after Jackie had fallen asleep, Leila found herself tired as well. She snuggled against her sister’s side and tried to stay awake. The sun was still in the middle of the sky. Why couldn’t it move faster, just for one day? Leila instantly took that request back. When was the last time Jackie got a decent rest?

In her dreary state, Leila didn’t notice the gleaming pairs of eyes watching them. Jackie stirred, but didn’t wake up. Instead, she turned and yawned in her sleep. Leila frowned, catching the contagious gesture. She yawned as well, adjusting herself. She stared at the clouds, hoping they’d keep her awake.

                                                                                ___________________

Lovino and Feliciano frowned at the two girls before them. In the crowded streets, the two women didn’t even notice them, though their robes should have stuck out immediately in the blur of underdressed people.

“So, what exactly was this little ‘display’ that captured your attention?” Lovino grumbled, focusing intently on the disgraced priest. The man shivered, Lovino’s gaze beginning to scare him. “It was just a dance…she gestured…like she wanted to dance with me. So I did.  I’ve never felt so free! And then that girl began to sing…and it was like a spell. A spell I tell you! They’re witches! Eventually, the singer began to include me, asking me to sing with her. So I did again! You see, I am not a shame! I was tricked!”

Feliciano didn’t look convinced. “I want to see it for myself.” He said, walking over to the duet. Upon standing in front of them, he could clearly see that the one with shorter hair was asleep. The long haired girl looked up, hazel eyes full of curiosity. “Yes?” she said softly. Feliciano offered his best smile. “I was hoping for entertainment.” He said gently, hoping she’d fall for his false kindness. The girl looked at her sister and stood. “There won’t be any singing until my sister wakes up. Can you work with just me?”

Feliciano nodded as Lovino caught up to him. The priest had held back, so the girl wouldn’t see him and get scared off.

Blushing a bit, the girl began to dance. Feliciano watched with bored eyes. “Is that it?” Lovino questioned suspiciously. The girl blushed. “I’m sorry. I’m not used to doing this without my sister…her singing encourages me…”

“Is that so? Then…which song?”

Lovino and Feliciano turned their attention to the rising older girl. She smiled at the two of them. I will sing for you. Do you intend to pay?” she questioned.

Lovino took out a gold piece and threw it into the older girl’s hands. “We have more.” He said, impatience starting to show. Feliciano showed her a bag of gold and watched the girl’s eyes light up. “Well!” she said breathlessly. “I was going to say, I don’t need to be paid to have fun, but…if you insist!”

Pulling a guitar-like instrument off of her back, the oldest began to sing softly at first, crescendoing into a loud and cheerful song.  The younger girl perked up immediately, dipping into all sorts of dances, twirling and seeming to enjoy herself. Eventually as the priest had said, she wandered over to the men and offered her hand. “Dance with me!” she laughed.

Lovino scowled and pushed her hand away. The girl blinked, but shrugged it off and spun away. The older girl saw this gesture and frowned. She slowed the tune into a more deep and meaningful one, singing softly again, emotion pouring into her voice. The younger girl danced slower. Now the two men were astounded. They focused on the dancer and admitted she was impressive. To be honest, Lovino even considered joining her.

However, the singer was who they were more interested in. She wasn’t the one who would usually have gotten more attention, as a dancer was someone visually stimulating. But this girl…she wasn’t the most amazing singer they’d ever seen…but she meant something to them. She was good at it, and she had something in her voice that the best singer they’d ever heard didn’t have…she had her heart. She poured its feeling into her music, swaying with the song and tempo. The dancer was probably one of the best they’d seen…still, they focused on the singer.

Lovino and Feliciano were snapped back into reality as the song suddenly stopped. The shamed priest had come out again, and the girls seemed to remember him just fine. Lovino leaned out and grabbed both their wrists before they could run.

“You both are under arrest!” he said, he threw the younger one into the priest, who cuffed her hands. Lovino held onto the older one however, moving from her wrist to her hand. Feliciano grabbed the other hand and the two men looked at each other in shock. What had they just done?

The older one struggled viciously. “Let go of my sister!” she snarled. “I stole that man’s money, not her!”

Feliciano gave her sharp look. “There is more than one reason for your arrest. We’re taking you for a cleansing!” he said, squeezing her hand lightly. They were convinced that this woman was in fact a witch. How else could they have fallen for her so quickly?

The younger sister kicked the priest and he began to grit his teeth. Lovino scowled. “Stop that!” he hissed. “Guards! Carry her back to the monastery…we’ll take the older one with us once we arrive…we have plans for her.”

The two sisters looked at each other in fear. Feliciano noticed, and prayed silently in his head. ‘Forgive us’. It wasn’t an apology to the sisters…but to the Divine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 297 52
Love...... The word tasted weird on my tongue Love makes a person stupid. Believe me when I say Love is blind, because I've been there before ***** "...
7 0 4
Where there is not love, we must provide it - a beautiful idea that is much easier said than done. Love simply happens, but sometimes it's just very...
17.4K 383 59
How do you welcome love into your life when it's something you've never known? Fate decides who comes into our lives but we can decide who stays. Unl...
4.6M 123K 41
It was not an arranged marriage because an arranged marriage occurs when the third party decide something for you. It was not a love marriage either...