Roads: A BABYMETAL FanFiction

Autorstwa DreiOwlKeeper

Being hopeful about searching for her better self before she reached fifteen, Nakamoto Suzuka must face the c... Więcej

Road of Challenge
Road of Metal
Road of Absoluteness
Road of Dreams
Roads (List of Characters' Profile)
Road of Fighters
Road of Passion
Road of Friendship
Road of Melancholy
Road of Resistance (Pt. 1)
Road of Resistance (Pt. 2)(FINALE)
Metal Resistance (Epilogue)
Author's Note

Road of MisFOURtune

283 9 2
Autorstwa DreiOwlKeeper

Ever since she was a child Moa is really prone to accidents. During her first grade, a book fell over her head when an earthquake struck the city. Her hand was also caught by an elevator's door when she was on her fifth grade. On her second day of school in Sakura High, she got into a bicycle accident with Suzuka which caused a wound in her right hand and recently she was almost pushed out of the train when she was commuting with Suzuka and Yui to the city's downtown. She blames all these misfortunes with the number four, an unlucky and cursed number in Japanese culture. Four sounds like the Japanese word for death that's why it is associated with bad luck. And because she is born at the fourth of July, she believes that this is the reason why the curse of four won't leave her.

Moa is a diligent student and she had been a consistent honor student since she was in kindergarten. It can be attributed by her curiosity about everything and her ability to study efficiently. She is also good in memorizing things though sometimes she could be clumsy in the things she memorized. There was even a time when she memorized the wrong poem that her teacher wants her to memorize when she was still in elementary. But in spite of these things, she remains to be a teacher favorite because of her academic performance.

It was already late at night and Moa was still studying and reviewing her notes for the upcoming periodic test the next day. Her phone rang which disrupted her concentration.

"Moshi-moshi?" She answered the phone without checking who called her.

"Moa-chan, Can I ask you something about your scrapbook project?" Moa knew it was Yui who called her. "What color do you like for your scrapbook cover boarder?"

"Ehh? It's up to you Yui-chan as long as it looks good!"

"Really? How about pink?"

"Sure! Design it as you wish, as long as it looks good and kawaii like me, something that describes Super Moa-chan."

"Hehehe...ok bye, Super MOArio-chan" Yui teased then turned off the line before Moa could say any hate words.

Even though she used to treat Yui as her rival towards Suzuka's attention but Moa is starting to like Yui because of her sweet personality. She might be serious most of the time and least likely to talk but she can be jolly and playful sometimes, a feature which really interests Moa. Sometimes Moa is jealous about Yui's beauty. Her naturally thick eyelashes and pinkish lips emphasizes how cute she is especially when she's on deep thought and her wavy hair and straight bangs compliments with her youthful face. Though she remembered Yui complimented her for being cute because of her dimple, Moa still believes Yui is cuter than her. Aside from this, she also thought that Yui is luckier. Yui is less likely to be caught in any accidents and she always gets iced cold drinks in vending machine unlike Moa.

"Geez... That girl is really annoyingly cute." Moa sighed. "I wish I can be as lucky as her."

She then focused herself to her study until her eyes became heavy. The next thing that she could remember was that she was so indulged in reading her notes and she blinked then someone poked her. Her blink brought her to a deep sleep and when morning came her mother waked her up.

"Moa dear... why did you sleep while studying. You will be late at school with that!" Her mother said.

"Late? What time is it mama?" She yawns and stretched her arms.

"It is pass seven thirty. Your class is at eight o'clock right?"

Moa realized that she needs to go to her school early because they will be having their periodical test that day so she rushed to the bathroom to take a shower and prepared herself for school. There's only one thing that's on her mind at that time, she must not be late. As she entered the school gate, she met the PE teacher who reprimanded her and her friends before for being late.

"Ohayo Gozaimasu, Haruno Mikiko-sensei. Am I late already?" Moa stopped running and greeted the teacher with a bow thinking that she would reprimanded her again.

"No, you just made it three minutes before the homeroom class will start. Go now or you will be late."

"Yokatta! Thank you very much, sensei." Moa hurried to her classroom which is on the third floor. As she was climbing the stairs, her phone suddenly rang. She picked it up to answer but didn't stop moving up the stairway. Accidentally her phone slipped from her hand. She tried to catch it but it was too late because she lost her balance and fell from the stairs. As she turned her back, she saw a girl holding her phone on her ear. Moa was about to fall towards her. She wanted to dodge her but all that she could do was to close her eyes and let her body fall to the girl.

It was soft. She opened her eyes and saw a familiar face close to hers, and their lips were touching to each other, it was Yui. Moa pushed herself away from her and was so embarrassed about what happen. Yui on the other hand was still stunned and didn't know what to do.

"S...sorry Yu..yui, are you hurt?" Moa asked.

"N..no, not really I mean...ughhh! That was my first kiss!" Yui responded with mixed emotions in her face.

"I am really sorry Yui-chan. It was just an accident, so don't count that. I was just about to answer my phone when it slipped in my hands. I tried to catch it but I lost my balance and fall."

"Answer your phone? That's it! I'm the one who called you. I am about to give you this scrap book you asked me to decorate yesterday." Yui handed to Moa her scrap book project.

"Thanks Yui-chan. By the way, just forget that accident happened ok? Let's keep that a secret especially to Suzuka." Moa said this because she knew Suzuka would start teasing them if ever she knew about what happened. Yui agreed to what Moa said.

During the exam, Moa couldn't forget the feeling of kissing someone. It really felt so wrong but at the same time it was thrilling. She never thought kissing would give her such intense feeling which she liked. The only problem was Yui is a girl that's why it gave her disgust thinking about what happened. But then she thought that Yui is not just a girl; she is a cute and pretty girl which Moa thought might also be a perfect girlfriend if she was a boy. At that time she was in doubt if she was...

"Grrrr!! I'm not like that! Why should I think about her?" Moa grunted!

"What happened to you Kikuchi?" The teacher asked.

"N..nothing sensei... I just remembered something terrible."

"Then just keep that in your mind. We are having our test now."

"Sorry sensei."

The class laughed at her but their teacher rebuked them. They continued answering the questions and became silent again. Moa didn't have a hard time answering the test questionnaires. She is a bright kid and used to have high to average scores in exams. The only thing that could distract her is the fourth question in every test exams. She hates that number because she feels like it was the unluckiest number for her. Though most of the time she knows the right answer in every fourth question correctly, she's still not confident about what she answered that's why sometimes she would answer it incorrectly due to negligence and irrational superstition. During their test in English language, she was again stumbled by the fourth question.

"Change the subject of the following sentence: What do you think of Tina?"

Out of the blue, Moa wrote in her test paper: What do you think of Yui?

She then began thinking in herself about Yui having soft lips, fluffy cheeks, and scent akin to milk soap. She never thought someone like her whom she considered as a rival can be that lovable. "That was my first kiss." Yui's voice echoed in her mind.

"No! I'm not thinking of her!" Moa yelled and scribbled her answer. She replaced it with I'm not thinking of Yui!

"Kikuchi!" Her teacher said. "If you do that again, I will send you outside and you won't be able to finish your test!"

"Sorry sensei... I won't do it again." Moa skipped the number and tried to answer the other test items instead.

The next day they received the result of their long test. Moa as usual got high scores in her tests especially in English. She got 49 correct answers out of 50 questions but even though she's the highest in their class, this situation still saddened her because of all the questions, her mistake was item number four, the item which she answered stupidly.

"Itadakimasu!" Suzuka and Yui said before eating their lunch. However, Suzuka noticed that Moa was not as lively as she used to.

"What's the matter Moa-chan? Why aren't you genki? It's so unusual for you to be like that? I even brought your favorite bento, Chicken Rice."

"Nothing really... It's just about my English exam result."

"What's the matter? You should get high score because I've already tutored you about that." Suzuka said.

"I heard that you got the highest score in class 1-1 so why are you sad about it? What's your score anyway?" Yui asked.

"It's not my score that's the problem actually. It's my wrong answer that frustrates me. I got 49/50."

"Really! That's hella awesome. Even though I'm the one who tutored you I just got 45/50. You are amazing Moa-chan! But I'm still the highest in our class. Hohohoho!"

"I think it was her answer that gave her the felling of cringe Su-san. What did you answer anyways, Moa-chan?"

"No, it's embarrassing."

"It's not that we will tease you Moa-chan, were your friends right?" Suzuka said with a mischievous grin.

"No! I can't trust your smile now Su-san!"

"Too late, I already have your bag!" Suzuka said as she swiftly grabbed Moa's bag before she could react. She pulled from the bag Moa's test paper and took a look from it. "Oh! So this is your test result! It's hella good!" She scanned the test paper and read the fourth question which Moa got wrong.

*BGM: 4 no Uta by Black BabyMetal*

"Change the subject of the following sentence: What do you think of Tina? Answer: I am not thinking of Yui! Ehhh? Why did you answer this? This question is too easy and... What's the matter about thinking about Yui?" Suzuka transferred her stare to Yui who is already turning red because of blushing. "Did I miss something about the two of you?"

"Nan demo nai! Nan demo nai! I'm just very unlucky about that number!" Moa responded denying the fact that there's something that happened between her and Yui and she grabbed her bag and papers from Suzuka.

"Yah! It's really nothing Su-san. Nothing in particular happened between me and Moa."

"Nothing? You guys sounds like you're hiding something from me. Come on, tell it to me. It's not like we're close friends." Suzuka said since it is very obvious that her two friends are hiding something from her.

"But promise me Su-san you won't laugh at us, you won't tell anyone about what happened, and this would be the last time that we would talk about it." Moa appealed to Suzuka.

"Ok...ok...but I can't promise."

"Then let's just forget something happened."

"Fine. Ok, I promise I won't laugh or spread your secret. So, what is it?"

"Actually, Yui and I... Yui and I..." She hesitantly said as she bit her lower lip.

"What? Tell it already."

"Yui and I accidentally kissed." Moa was blushing as she said these. There was a moment of silence as Suzuka stared at Moa with a blank face then transferred her stare at Yui who is very embarrassed and was blushing. She looked back at Moa with a curious face.

"Is it soft?" She asked Moa.

"Yes."

Suzuka burst out in laughter because of Moa's answer. "It was so obvious that you liked it Moa-chan! Hahahaha."

"You're so mean Suzuka! I'm starting to hate you already!" Moa angrily said.

"Oooppsss sorry." Suzuka tried to calm herself down from her laughter. "But seriously, anyone would really agree that Yui's lips are indeed kissable whether you're straight or not. Don't feel bad about yourself Moa." Suzuka said while hugging Moa and pressing her cheeks with hers to show comfort but she explained it while she was still giggling.

"Really?" Yui shockingly said.

"Yup! And you should take that as a compliment Yui-chan!" Suzuka said.

"But...that's not really my actual problem Su-san. The problem is the number four had been bringing misfortunes to me ever since. Remember that time when I got into an accident with you before? We also got late and was punished because of that. I saw four crows that flew from our gate before that accident happened. I am really so unlucky. Maybe because I am born in an unlucky date, July 4, that's why the curse of number four had been troubling me."

"That's not true Moa-chan. Do you know that the Independence Day in America is on July 4? And during that day, the whole country is celebrating. There are fireworks and party everywhere. That day is really a day of fun and not of misfortunes." Suzuka reasoned.

"That's right Moa-chan. And you should also remember that during that day that you got into an accident with Suzuka is the most luckiest and memorable day for us three because that's the day when we started our friendship." Yui added.

"Really? Thanks for comforting me. Su-san, Yui-chan." Moa said and hugged the two.

"Just remember that luck is just how your mind perceives it. If you feel lucky, it would come to you. If you feel unlucky then it would also come to you. It's the law of attraction. I read that from a book titled The Secret" Suzuka said.

"Remember this quote Moa... Shiawase no shi, Shino janai shi. (Four is for happiness, and it doesn't mean to die)" Yui said.

"That's a nice play of words Yui-chan! Who said that quote?" Moa said with amazement.

"I don't know. It just popped out in my mind. Fufufufu." Yui giggled while doing a kawaii face.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.2M 53.8K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
829K 18.8K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...