Down Chick

By ThatOneUrbanChick

At the age of sixteen Lakeisha Moss was abandoned by her mother and left to fend for herself on the streets... More

Copyright
Down Chick
Chapter One: A Lesson Well Taught
Chapter Two: So We Meet...
Chapter Three: Sister of the Heart
Chapter Four: Come Again
Chapter Five: Memory Lane
Chapter Six: Don't Try Me
Chapter Seven: Down For You
Chapter Eight: The Hunt
Chapter Nine: Say Something
Chapter Ten: Persistence
Chapter Eleven: The Inner Circle
Chapter Twelve: The Meeting (Part 1)
Chapter Twelve: The Meeting (Part II)
Chapter Thirteen: Infatuated With You
A.N
Chapter Fourteen: The Club & the After Math (Part I)
Chapter Fourteen: The Club & The After Math (Part II)
Requited Chick (NOW POSTED)
Chapter Fifteen: My First
Chapter Sixteen: Don't Let Me Get You
Chapter Seventeen: Duty Calls (Part I)
Chapter Eighteen: Let Me Hold You
Chapter Nineteen: On the Low
Chapter Twenty: Revelations of Truth (Part I)
Chapter Twenty: Revelations of the Truth (Part II)
Chapter Twenty: Revelations of Truth (Part III)
Chapter Twenty-One: Reunions & Identification (Part I)
Chapter Twenty-One: Reunions & Identification (Part II)
Chapter Twenty-One: Reunions & Identification (Part II continued)
Chapter Twenty-Two: At Last
Chapter Twenty-Three: On the Rise (Part I)
Chapter Twenty-Three: On the Rise (Part II)
Chapter Twenty-Three: On the Rise (Part III)
Chapter Twenty-Four: Promises Never Prevail (Part I)
Chapter Twenty-Four: Promises Never Prevail (Part II)
Chapter Twenty-Four: Promises Never Prevail (Part III)
Chapter Twenty-Five: Misconceptions and Fatality (Part I)
Chapter Twenty-Five: Misconceptions and Fatality (Part II)
Chapter Twenty-Five: Misconceptions and Fatality (Part III)
Chapter Twenty-Six: Going Crazy
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Adamant Not...
New Story
Down Chick 2: The Hunt

Chapter Seventeen: Duty Calls (Part II)

87.4K 2.6K 406
By ThatOneUrbanChick

Here's the rest of Chapter Seventeen. 

Part II

“Alright the pregnant bitch can walk,” Darius agreed. “Bitch go back into the clinic.”

I knew Maria damn well and she was a spitfire. She was going to go the fuck off on him. I didn’t want that. She had an outing, she’d better get to taking it before I beat her ass. As she smacked her lips, I grabbed her arm.

“Go get your ass in that clinic,” I ordered. “You’ve got a child to think about.”

“I’ve got my man and my sister to worry about.”

“So go worry about us from the clinic.”

She huffed and then turned and started into the clinic.

“On second thought, y’all bitches get the fuck over here or I’m gone shoot one y’all.”

Viktor’s voice rang through the parking lot.

“They ain’t going nowhere. Before they make two steps that way, you’ll have two bullets straight to the head.”

Darius chuckled. “And you kill me, y’all some dead muthafuckas.”

I watched him noting that this was a cold man who held no emotion or any kind of remorse on his face. He was apparently laughing in the face of danger and at us.

“You touch them and all y’all some dead muthafuckas,” Viktor retorted.

I was silent for a moment as I stood there, glancing between both groups. Had Viktor got ahold of Angel before he came here? I wondered. I hoped like hell he had. Angel would bring back up. On another note if Angel was coming then it was likely this nigga had people coming too. I wasn’t sure why or how I ended up in these situations but they all centered back around to the fact that I was around people caught up in the drug world. Illegal muthafuckas who didn’t give a damn about killing a nigga to gain his own means.

Regardless of if I left and went somewhere else I’d still be linked. I knew too many damn people involved with all of this. It was times like this that I wished that I had been a good little girl and taken going to college serious like Ambrianna had told me to. After her death I had taken heed of it. I’d gotten jobs up to my neck and then turned around and lived life.

If I hadn’t been so worried about my social life and had gone to college then I wouldn’t be here today. It was pointless to think of ‘what ifs’ though. I was here and this was now. I had to deal with the now and survive. Guns were at every angle and there was no advantage. If the cops came then I had no doubt that there’d be dead bodies everywhere. Shit, I didn’t want to be on a wanted list.

“She stays,” I told Darius. “I can’t believe this is coming down to pussy ass niggas thinking that it’s okay to fucking mess with pregnant women.”

I shook my head.

Damn!

Maria moved closer to me. “Where you go, I go,” she said, loyally. “What Vik says goes. If he don’t want us going over that big headed muthafucka, then we ain’t going. Viktor has experience he knows what the fuck he doing. If we go with them ho ass niggas, then we ain’t making it back alive. They’d kill just to punish Angel and Vik. I don’ know about you, but I’m down for my nigga.”

I thought over her words and nodded my head. She was right. There was no guarantee that we’d make it back home alive, if not damaged in some manner. It was smart, but it also meant there was a chance that this crazy nigga would start shooting. He had already threatened. I stood next to Maria. If she wasn’t going, then I wasn’t going. I wasn’t leaving her open and vulnerable to attack.

“You gone have to shoot one of us then, gorilla looking muthafucka,” Maria taunted.

I slapped my forehead, looking at her from the corner of my eye. This bitch and her need to expressively call niggas out. I admired her for that. I was the same way, but I knew when to quit. Looking over at the man, I saw amusement on his face even as he cocked the gun and pulled the trigger. The sound of the gun going off was a slow echoing sound as I watched with wide eyes as the bullet exited the gun. Without any thoughts I turned and tackled Maria to the ground. Both of us fell and I groaned as I felt the concrete scrape against my arm. The air was completely silent as Darius stood there looking nonchalant. Viktor’s face was twisted into rage. I knew his thoughts. I just hoped they didn’t cloud him. I didn’t want him going crazy as shit and then ended up losing focus and dying.

Turning around I checked to make sure Maria was fine. She was pregnant and honestly I wished I could’ve been gentler with getting her out of the way, but that had been the quickest thing that came to mind. Get down had been the only thing running through my mind. I looked at her noting the spread of dark hair on the ground and her slight groan as her hands rested protectively over her stomach.

She sat up slightly and I crawled over away from the street. Looking towards the clinic I could see people on the floor through the glass door. Others were looking at the window with their phones pressed to their ears. Someone was calling the cops, I knew it without a doubt. They’d be here soon. How soon was the question? An hour? Two hours? There was no telling with them.

Maria followed suit. Soon we were on the curb and Darius and Viktor’s crew were shooting. Viktor was using his door as coverage and Darius was too. as the repeated sound of gunshots went off, I put my hands over my ears. I was half-scared to watch the proceedings, but on the other hand I had to know what was happening with Viktor. I knew if he got hurt then Maria was going to go ballistic—I was probably going to ballistic. I didn’t have a gun nor did Maria, but that wouldn’t stop either of us.

We’d all end up dead, if we weren’t already.

Darius shot his gun aiming at Viktor and Viktor rolled to the ground, rolling over to a random car. He moved to his knees and shot his gun towards Darius. Darius didn’t bother shooting back, he just ducked. Rome shot a nigga dead. At the same time that Rome was shooting another nigga, I saw Nor’s body fly back and I knew he had been hit.

Rome immediately looked towards his brother while shooting for cover. I wanted to help, but I knew I couldn’t. I couldn’t draw open fire towards Maria or myself. Rome looked over to Cruz as Cruz covered him smoothly. They fell into place. Cruz shoot at the crew and a few of the others covered them, while Rome moved his brother’s body towards a car a few feet away.

He broke the glass window with his gun and then used his fingers to unlock the door. He slid Nor into the backseat, before closing the door and locking it. I wasn’t sure if Nor was alive or dead, but I knew a pissed off man when I saw one. A suicidal pissed off man. That was what Rome was. He joined back in the fray, his gun firing rapidly. In his anger he took down two men and a bullet grazed his shoulder, but it didn’t seem to faze him as he dropped the empty gun and grabbed another from the waist band of his jeans. I hadn’t even known he was strapped earlier.

Just as two of the men with Viktor fell wounded, another car pulled into the parking lot. The window came down as Diablo leaned out slightly and shot at Darius’ remaining men. Darius retreated into his car and drove off with the squealing of his tires. I lay there for a moment, before I moved to my feet. I didn’t see Viktor standing among the others. Quickly, I ran past dead bodies, not really feeling or thinking of them in that moment.

I was more focused on finding him.

When I reached the car where I had last saw him, he was lying there. Blood pooled around his leg as he winced grabbing his knee. He had been shot and he was in pain. I looked behind me and Maria brushed past me as she fell to her knees beside her man. I moved down next to them and then looked at his leg. He’d been shot in the upper thigh.

We couldn’t take him or Nor to the hospitable because the police were very likely less than ten minutes away and anyway suspects who entered the hospital wounded from gunshot wounds would become suspects of the crimes that had just been committed. We didn’t have time to dally around and wait. We had to get out of here.

“Papi,” Maria cried, tears streaming down her face. “How did he get you?”

The question was quiet and shocked.

Viktor forced a smile through his pain and she looked at him. She took his hand and brought it to her lips.

“I’m alright. It’s nothing but  a scratch,” he told her, his voice strained. “Come give me a kiss, mami.”

She crawled forward avoiding his lap and pressed her lips against his, giving him a kiss. “You’ll make it.”

I felt like I was intruding on a private moment, so I moved to my feet once more and rushed towards the others. I had barely made it to where Cruz and Rome was before Angel grabbed my hand and pulled me into his chest. He hugged me tightly and I looked up at him. He had been worried about me. He probably hadn’t noticed when I’d run across the parking lot with Maria.

“We’ve gotta get Nor and Viktor somewhere that they can be treated.”

He nodded his head. “Rome take that car with you, if you leave it behind then Nor’s blood will be at the scene.”

He nodded and got into the car. Moments later the sound of the engine starting surprised. Rome knew how to hot wire cars? I was surprised but I quickly pushed the thought away. More serious matters were at hand. He walked me over to his car and climbed into the backseat with me. I was seated on his lap. Diablo was driving Pierre and Shade were sitting next to us as we drove off.

Fifteen minutes later, the car parked at a house that I had never seen before. Rome had parked behind us and Maria behind him. Shade and Pierre left the car and went to help Rome and Viktor. I tried to move to get out, but Angel held me in place, as Diablo got out.

I wasn’t sure why he was holding me back.

“Why did you go on the North end without any of us with you?” he demanded to know. “We talked about this.”

Shit…We had. I can’t believe we had forgotten. Viktor or one of the others was supposed to come with us. We hadn’t brought anyone. We hadn’t been armed or anything. Maria and I had gone into enemy territory without any reinforcements. We’d basically left and made it easy to be killed. I couldn’t believe we had been so stupid.

All I had been thinking about was getting condoms. Maria had mentioned birth control. We could’ve just gotten the condoms and gone back, but we hadn’t.

“We were just getting birth control,” I admitted. “I didn’t expect anything to happen. It’s the free clinic…”

He shook his head. “It’s on the North side. That should’ve been your first warning that it was a possible danger. Keish, you’ve got think more cautiously. Let a nigga know where you going before you go somewhere. That way it’s covered. I wouldn’t be able to stand it if something happened to you, mami.”

“I wasn’t thinking,” I told him. “It won’t happen again.”

“Of course not,” he said, “you’re moving in with me. We’re going to get your stuff after we come from here.”

I nodded my head. Darius was going to want revenge. We’d be lucky if he didn’t roll onto the East side and start shooting up any and everything…

 ----

So, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I'm grateful for all of your support. xD

Word of mouth, if I say "upload today" then it usually means more towards the am hours  before I go to bed. xD 

I've uploaded another Urban book to this account. It's called Sweet Seduction. I'm moving it from my other account to here. If you haven't read it before, you should check it out. 

Don't forget to vote, comment, and folllow! 

Nighty night. 

x Leis x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 1K 21
THE BOOK IS COMPLETED AND EDITED. Holding her man down has never been a problem for Royalty. Even when his hoes come and go, none of them could compa...
9.7K 116 25
Completed!! -- I could hear him running behind me. "HELP!" I started to scream the words repeatedly. I felt like I was the stupid, helpless girl in...
84.5K 2.2K 44
* This is my first book so don't judge.* Try having the perfect family, perfect life , perfect boyfriend , perfect friends ,but all that changed all...
34 3 1
Shy's got a great life, a lawyer dad, the perfect stepmom. Then tragedy strikes. Shy's no longer in her perfect life; instead, she's thrown to her re...