Asher's Heart

By rhxpsodicxlly

Unlike everyone else, Ellie Anderson thought she had it easy in high school. Except for the first year. It su... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
Acknowledgments | Character Interview
Update
Extra #1
Extra #2
Cast

Chapter 21

39.3K 1.6K 353
By rhxpsodicxlly

"Where is she?" Asher bellowed as he entered the kitchen in only a towel around his waist, his hair dripping and pink. He eyes darted around the room until they zeroed in on me.

"I am going to kill you," he growled, advancing towards me.

I shrieked and leaped off the chair, running around the kitchen, giggling as Asher ran after me.

"You better run for your life Anderson because when I catch you, you're dead," he said furiously.

"If you catch me," I corrected and hid behind Ashton who was clutching his stomach in laughter.

"God!... you... look... oh my God!" Ashton managed to get out in between laughs.

Ashton was the only thing separating me from Asher and his fury. Whenever he tried to reach me from one side I would duck to another side. This went on for several moments until he got frustrated and moved Ashton out of the way.

I looked wide-eyed and broke into another run. We circled the kitchen counter and I could hardly pay attention as I was too busy laughing at how ridiculous he looked. My eyes caught Ashton filming it all and I grinned.

"You are dead, Anderson," he growled and pounced on me. He caught me from the waist which made me squeal and scooped me up, smirking down at me.

"Caught you," he said and I could see a malicious glint in his eyes.

"Put me down, Asher!" I yelled in his ear.

He flinched.

"Hey you! Better film this too," he said to Ashton who smirked in return and gave him a thumbs up.

My mouth fell open and my heart dropped. He was supposed to be my savior! I looked at Asher in dread. What was he going to do with me?

He walked out from the backdoor with me in his arms and Ashton on his tail.

"Put me down!" I said looking everywhere but him. I was very well aware of his warm bare skin against mine. My heart was beating twice as fast and it wasn't only because of anticipation.

As I realized where he was taking me I struggled to get out of his hold.

"No, not there, please!" I shook my head.

"Asher..." Ashton started reluctantly.

He threw him a glare and I would have laughed at how that made him look with pink hair and all, but I was too scared.

I clutched at his neck tightly.

"I am sorry! Don't do this!" I pleaded.

"You played your prank. Now, face the consequences," he said.

He reached the end of the pool and I looked at him with pleading eyes. I was scared of going underwater and he knew that. Still, he was planning on throwing me in the pool. I could have a panic attack and could die!

I felt his hold on me weakening. I held onto him tighter. I had no doubt he would let me fall if I let go.

"Asher, let her go. It's enough," Ashton said in a stern voice. He had kept his phone away.

"That's what I am doing, brother," he said. I felt sick. How could he be so cruel?

I buried my face in the crook of his neck and tightened my arms around him further. I felt him stiffen.

"Please," I whispered.

I felt his body slump.

"Fine," he said.

I relaxed.

That was my mistake. As soon as relaxed my hold on him he dropped me. I screamed as my body hit the surface of the water. It was like being hit by concrete. I flailed my arms as I tried to stay on the surface but it was of no use. I was too scared to try to swim. My limbs froze. The next thing I knew I was going under water.

I heard a loud curse and then another splash. Then I felt arms seizing me and I was brought up. Another pair lifted me off the pool. As soon as I realized who they belonged to, I scurried away, coughing out water. Ashton came beside me with a towel in hand.

"Ellie, are you alright?" he asked, concern evident in his voice.

I nodded as he dried my hair.

"That wasn't funny, Asher! She could have drowned," Ashton yelled at his brother.

He shrugged.

"But she didn't," he said.

It made me so angry at how lightly he was taking it.

"That's not the point!" Ashton snapped. "You don't go on pushing people in water when they don't know how to swim," he said, annoyed at his brother.

"And that's my fault she can't swim?" Asher retorted.

I can swim, dumbasses, I wanted to scream at them, but the shivering made it difficult to form words. When I stopped shaking I stood up and walked towards him. I looked straight into his eyes.

"You know, I am not even mad at you. You know why? Because I don't expect anything else from you. Congrats Asher, you didn't let me down this time either," I said. I turned my back on him and went upstairs.

****

Everyone at the table was oddly silent, just eating and minding their business but inside everyone was laughing their asses off.

"Your hair looks pretty," Tyler, Asher's dad said and it broke the spell we all were under and all started laughing.

Asher who sat across from me and beside Linda bowed his head and muttered something under his breath.

"Pink suits you bro," Ashton said, he was sitting beside me and Asher threw him a glare. It was amazing really how fast they made up after fighting. They had a fight after I went upstairs. It looked pretty bad but they made up. Their fights usually never last more than a day.

"Yeah, it brings out your feminine side," Linda, Asher's mom said, her hazel eyes crinkling as she smiled.

"Mom," Asher groaned, his face as pink as his hair.

"Ellie did this?" Tyler asked in surprise. They were really shocked when Asher entered the room to eat and Ashton filled them in on whatever happened today except me nearly drowning part. Asher would surely have gotten in deep shit for that.

"Amazing right?" Ashton said and shot me a wink. I blushed and looked down at my plate.

"Indeed," Tyler nodded.

Linda took some stands of Asher hair between her fingers. His hair was a hot pink color. "You should stay this way for a few days," she said.

"Ellie how many days will this color last?" she asked me.

I swallowed before answering, "It's permanent."

Asher choked on his food. "What?" he said as his eyes shot to mine.

I nodded grimly.

"You..." he trailed off when he saw the look his parents were giving him.

"Well, I can live with that," Ashton piped up.

"Me too," I agreed.

"I'm done," Asher said, pushing his plate away and standing up.

Linda frowned at him.

"Quit dieting, son. You're already quite thin," Tyler joked and he rolled his eyes.

"Goodnight dad," he called and disappeared round the corner.

****

I wore a full sleeved top with black jeans and sneakers. I brushed my hair and picked my bag from the desk before walking out the room.

I was running late and didn't have time for breakfast but Linda made me drink orange juice and eat a toast.

"Bye Linda," I said when all I wanted to say was mom.

I stopped short when I reached my car because perched lazily on the hood was Asher. He wore black jeans, a white V-neck and a dark blue jacket. He wore a gray beanie to hide his pink hair.

"Hey we match," he said looking at my jeans and sneakers.

"Get off my hood," I ordered and he actually listened to me.

"Keys?" he said holding his palm out.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Excuse me?"

He gestured at my hand. I hid my hand behind my back.

"Why?" I asked.

"I am driving," he said simply.

I closed my eyes and let out a breath.

"Look, I am already running late so don't make me want to run my car over you," I said and opened the door to the driver's side.

"You think I want to share a ride with you?" he asked. "I am stuck here, thanks to you."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, confused.

He pointed to the garage and I turned to look. I laugh escaped my lips at what I saw. I had totally forgotten about that one. Megan did that.

"Covering someone's car with post-it notes is not funny," he said.

I raised my eyebrow at him and crossed my arms over my chest.

"And kidnapping me or drowning me is funny," I said.

He looked guilty.

"I didn't drown you," he muttered.

"You were quite close," I said. Even if I was not mad I was pretty disturbed by it. To think that he wouldn't stop at anything to get revenge.

He took a step close, caging me between the opened door and him.

"What are you doing?" I asked a bit breathlessly at his proximity.

I didn't realize when he took my keys from my hand or when he slid inside the car. I just stood there gawking. I cursed myself for being lost in his eyes again.

"Get in, Anderson," he said as he started the car.

"That's not fair," I said.

"Your wish. I don't have any problem going without you," he said.

I hastily got in.

What I didn't realize at first was that he didn't take his bag with him or he wasn't planning on going to school at all.

"School's not that way," I said when he took a wrong turn.

He clicked his tongue.

"You think I would go to school like this?" he said pointing to his head.

"What's wrong with wearing a beanie to school?" I asked. In fact, he looked cute but I wasn't going to tell him that.

"I am talking about my hair," he said rolling his eyes. Then he smirked.

"What you did with my room was..."

"Creepy?" I supplied.

He shook his head.

"Cool," he said.

The height of self-obsession, guys. I shook my head at him.

"You're so full of yourself," I remarked.

"A nice wallpaper is always good for a room," he said.

"Where are you going anyway?" I asked but my question was answered as he entered the mall's parking lot.

"You could have dropped me to school. You know, I would have lent you my car," I said as he parked.

"That wouldn't have been fun," he said and put on shades.

I huffed, annoyed that he was making me miss school. I asked myself why was I even doing it? My mind answered instantly and pretty clearly.

You want to figure out what's he's hiding.

I got out of the car and followed him.

I was walking a few steps behind him so he turned back to look at me.

"Why are you walking like a snail?" he asked.

I walked even slower to annoy him.

He sighed and came back to me and put his arm around my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I asked trying to wiggle out of his hold.

People were starting to stare and I feared if they had recognized him or something.

Asher smirked at me then he took off his beanie, flaunting his hideously pink hair.

I gasped.

"What are you doing? Someone will recognize you," I said ducking my head so that I wouldn't be seen with him.

"With this hair? Impossible," he said.

People were still staring, though for a different reason. And my cheeks turned pink. Asher was no good either. He was grinning at passing people further embarrassing me.

"Stop it," I gritted.

"Stop what?" he asked innocently.

"Stop embarrassing me," I grumbled, I would have gone away and denied to even know this guy but he wouldn't even let me step away.

"You hurt me, Anderson," he said feigning hurt. He smiled then and let go of me.

He took a few steps back and I knew he was going to try something I would hate.

"Are you saying you are breaking up with me because you don't like my hair?" he said loudly, gaining attention from people.

I wanted to facepalm myself.

"Is this what you call love?"

People were starting to point and whisper. Why was he making a scene?

I looked around uncomfortably. I turned to walk away before he did something else.

"Now you are abandoning me!"

I cursed under my breath and turned back.

"Does my hair look that ugly?" he asked everyone. Some people were laughing at him, some were click pictures and some were actually listening to him. They shook their heads. Where was the security?

"See? They say it's not ugly. Come back," he said.

If security came he would make sure I was going down with him. I knew it. I saw guards coming our way and shoved my embarrassment aside. I walked to him, grabbed his hand and took him away.

"Ah! She won't leave me after all," he said.

"Shut up," I grumbled, still trying to hide my face. He was gonna regret it. Oh he was so gonna regret it.

We had come far from the scene but people were still staring. I turned around and snatched his beanie from his hand.

"You are a dog," I said and pulled him down.

He smirked and I wanted to slap it off his face.

I pulled the beanie down over his head and tucked all the remaining hair inside.

"Don't you dare take that off again," I warned.

He grinned.

"I am thinking," he mused. "That it's not that bad. I should keep it," I said.

"No!"

****

"Dios mio," said Antonio, his two assistants giving equally horrified looks to Asher.

"Come on, I am totally pulling it off," Asher said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Antonio, do your magic," I said to him. He was in his late twenties with a fantastic taste in fashion.

He nodded.

"Madre mia, Ellie. You did this to him?" he asked. I gave him a cheeky grin.

"You wait here. We will take care of him," a girl with blonde curls and long legs said sweetly.

Asher went with them as if he owned the place.

I flipped through a few magazines while I waited. I got bored so I shopped. By the time I got back they were already finished with Asher. He was talking to the blonde with his back to me. His hair was brown still but a shade darker than his original one. The girl giggled stupidly at something Asher said. I didn't blame her though. Asher was the kind of guy who made girls do stupid things.

"That's a good boy you've got for yourself," a voice said. I turned to see Antonio.

"Are you kidding?"

He shook his head.

"Nah. He is Asher Hart," he said as if that explained everything.

"We are not going out," I told him.

"I was hoping you would say that," he winked at me.

I chuckled. Then he went to Asher and gave him a card and gestured to call him. He took it.

"Let's go Anderson," he said and put on his shades again.

Asher ran his fingers through his hair.

"Wait here," I told him.

He gave me a questioning look but I had already took off.

"Nora," I called.

She saw me and smiled brightly.

"Hi Ellie," she said.

She was holding shopping bags but she was alone.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

We talked for a while then I excused myself after telling her that I wouldn't be able to come for baking lessons next week.

"Who was she?" Asher asked as I joined him.

"She's my boss kind of," I said.

"You work?" he asked, surprised.

"Yep," I said.

He looked at Nora.

"She looks familiar," he said mostly to himself.

"That's not possible. You haven't met her but she is awesome," I said.

"Whatever," he said.

I smirked as I ruffled his hair.

"Hey!"

****

Hey awesome people!!!
Another long chapter! Phew
Do you like it? Yes? 😁No? 😢
Do you think that Asher went overboard with the pool revenge? Will Ellie forgive him just like that?
Vote, Comment and share! 😊😊
Thank you so much guys for 5k+ reads and 500+ votes. You have no idea how happy every vote and comment makes me. 😘😘😁😁
Happy reading!
Bye!
-K

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 36 22
"Dear Crush, I exist... and trust me or not, but no one else in this whole world can love you the way I do..." He fell in love for the first time in...
3.3M 109K 42
Bad boys/ players. I hate them, they think they can just walk around and get any girl they want. Well hello, not every single fucken girl...
The Bet By Angela

Teen Fiction

151K 3.8K 33
Who could ever think that because of a football game you could find true love? Well Jason Parker wouldn't. He is the schools hottie, captain of the s...
187K 5.3K 46
"Autumn" he says a bit louder, I couldn't resist his voice so I look up at him. "Do you think everything I have ever said to you and done with you is...