Saved By The Jock

By Ohhlala_77

A victim of child abuse ever since the death of her mother, Cassidy Taylor has become a shy, quiet girl who's... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Author's Note!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Opinion From You (Please Read)
Chapter 27
Special Chapter
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Valentine Special
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Story Idea (Not an update but please read)
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Playlist
Last Goodbye

Chapter 2

168K 4K 1.8K
By Ohhlala_77

Chapter 2

Now that my brother's not here, away to college, nobody will be able to protect me; no one will be able to stop my abusive father. I used to love him, maybe I still do a little, I know it's buried deep down inside, but he beats me, and that's when my love for him fades that bit more. I am no longer 'daddy's little princess' I used to be.

I used to look up at him and tell myself that I want to make my daddy proud when I get older. I used to tell myself that I want to be like my dad when I grow but after all of these things he has done, I don't think that's still the case.

I walked into the cluttered kitchen and spotted my dad drinking from a bottle of beer, again. I tried to backtrack out of the room so he wouldn't spot me, but it was too late. The moment he saw me, his eyes narrowed slits.

Please don't.

I internally chanted to myself, but it was too late. He took a swing before my eyes could even register his movements, everything moved like a blur.

Suddenly, I felt a familiar sharp pain course through the right side of my face. He had punched me, again.

"Dad, please, stop." I pleaded, my vision getting blurry.

"Shut up bitch! You have no fucking right to tell me what to do. Unfortunately for you, I have the right to tell you what to fucking do, so I am telling you, no one should ever know about this. Whisper a word and you'll be black and blue all over!" He threatened, his index finger pointing shakily at me.

I let the tears stream down my face and nodded hesitantly. I started to back away slowly, before I ran up to my room and let my emotions overwhelm me. The tears flowed freely as an infinite number of thoughts ran through my mind.

I couldn't help but agree with my dad though, it was all my fault. If it wasn't for me being a selfish bitch, my mom wouldn't have died, but now, she's dead and the only person to blame is myself.

Flashback

I sprinted out of my room as soon as I heard the garage door open in the driveway.

"I'm home kids!" My mom shouted cheerfully from downstairs.

"Mommy! Mommy! I have a piano contest tomorrow. Will you come and watch me play? Pretty pleeease?" I squealed with excitement giving her my best puppy dog eyes.

She looked at me with adoration as I remember.

"Of course honey! I'd love to come, I'm so proud of you!" She cooed before giving me a light kiss on the cheek and hugging me.

"I love you mommy! You are the bestest mommy in the whole world." I sang, then gave her a sloppy kiss in return on the cheek.

"I love you too baby!" Mom simpered as she squeezed me tighter.

End of Flashback

I sobbed harder as I thought of that beautiful memory. That was the last time I saw my mom, I sometimes wish I could reverse our roles that day, so that I died, not her. I didn't even have the chance to say goodbye to her, the only thing she left me was a collection of haunting memories.

Next Day

Beeep

Beeep

Beeep

Beeep

I groaned loudly, knowing that it was the first day of the week, a school day. Monday sucks.

Though I was sort of happy, because I knew that I didn't have to face my dad for a whole day and that's kind of nice.

I scrambled out of my warm bed and started to get ready for school. I took a quick scalding shower, letting the hot water calm my jittery nerves. I dried my hair and wrapped the fluffy white towel around my body.

I advanced towards my closet and pulled out a pair of denim skinny jeans and a sunflower yellow tank top, pairing it with a cute white cardigan. I slipped them on hurriedly. I then put on some light make up, a layer of foundation that would be enough to cover the bruise that formed on the right side of my face, a flick of mascara and a smidge of lip gloss.

I wasn't really a fan of make up, I liked my face just the way it was. Though I made sure to apply some concealer for the finishing touch, using it to cover up the bruise situated on my cheek bone.

I didn't want anyone to know. One, because as soon as they knew, they would pity me, I hate pity. Two, I believed my dad's threat. And three I don't want others to treat me like I'm fragile.

I shook the pessimistic thoughts away and glanced at my watch to look at the time. I still had an hour before school started. I tip-toed towards our front door, escaping from my hung-over dad for the day. I scampered swiftly out of the house and wandered down the road.

Upon arriving at McDonald's, I was greeted by the earthy smell of freshly ground coffee beans, inhaling deeply through my nose. I shuffled towards the counter and ordered an egg muffin and a coffee.

I munched away at the breakfast muffin slowly, appreciating the delightful taste. Once finishing every last drop of coffee and every crumb of muffin, I looked at the time.

'Oh my god! There's only 5 minutes before school starts!' I screamed worriedly inside of my head.

I quickly exited McDonald's and literally ran all the way to school, sweat was beading on my face and I'm sure that my hair was sticking up everywhere, but I didn't care, because at that moment, the only thing on my mind was that I couldn't be late.

The moment I reached the entrance of my school, the bell rang.

Just in time, 9 o'clock on the dock.

I navigated my way to the office to get my schedule.

"Can I help you?" The middle aged woman kindly asked me.

"Uhm... I'd like to get my schedule please." I replied in a soft shy voice.

"Name please?" She requested, tipping her glasses slightly and offering me a warm smile.

"Cassidy Taylor." I mumbled softly.

"Here you go sweetie, have a good day!" She finished, a genuine smile plastered on her face.

I muttered a quiet 'thanks' and swiftly trundled out of the office. I took a peek at my schedule as I walked.

Period 1- Social Studies

Period 2- Homeroom

Period 3- Break

Period 4- Science

Period 5- English

Then-

THUMP

"Oww." I winced in pain, hitting into something similar to a concrete wall.

I flinched backwards a bit, placing my hand delicately over the bruise on my cheek from when my dad hit me; it had taken a bit of the blow when I stupidly walked into something. I looked up to see what I had bumped into.

The moment I saw, my facial expression morphed from embarrassment to horror. My eyes widened into saucers, I swear my eyeballs felt like they were going to pop out of their sockets.

Oh my fucking gorilla.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

421K 5.5K 11
High school, some people love it, some people hate it. Levi is someone who hates it. She has pretty excellent grades, a good amount a friends but sh...
372K 2.5K 36
Embry: He's a jock,good looking and all but he doesn't want to go out with the head cheerleader but he wants to go out with a different girl. From wh...
269K 9.9K 18
My dad kept on telling me that being a nerd isn't a bad thing and that I'm on the right track but I'm positive that being terrorized in the halls dai...
454K 8.7K 23
When the anxious, new girl to the school runs into the popular boy and his friends she couldn't be more mortified. He couldn't be more godsmacked. ...