Pairing Up The Devil (Unedite...

By GraceAndGlorious

Have your parents ever made a crazy rule for you? Of course, they have. That's what parents do. So just like... More

Pairing Up The Devil
2. Boozohead and the Freak
3. First meeting with the devil
4. Finding the perfect boy, failed
5. Let's seal the deal
6. Hard to believe
7. Mr Crush, meet Mr Devil
8. My life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine
9. Told you so
10. Lame but effective
11. It is raining cats and dogs, or maybe jerks too
12. The marvelous life of Regina George
13. The adventures in the mathematic class
14. The social butterfly
15. The romantic fishes
16. The bus ride
17. Shut up with the Swifty song already
18. And the Hunger Games begins
19. It's time to go home
20. The revenge
21. Worst thing to be done
22. Apology
23. Hospital and the agreements
24. The happiness is in the air
25. Jealousy
26. Surprise, sister
27. Pairing up gone wrong
28. I'll take you to the candyshop
29. My master
30. Wrong Judgement
31. Polo match : day one
32. Polo Match : day two
33. Who thought the devil could inspire you
34. Isn't that bad
35. Let it snow!
36. The reason behind his sadness
37. Wrong timing
38. Happy birthday to me
39. What a way to start your year
40. Saving Jade
41. Stuck with you
42. This guy's an idiot
43. Unanswered Questions
44. Into pieces
45. Heartbreaker
46. Cheering up
47. The truth
48. First last love
The Epilogue - Graduation day

1. Unfair

44.2K 1K 292
By GraceAndGlorious

Hey guys!
It's my very first story here and I'm very excited to write as it's a very new experience for me! 
I hope you will like it! Thanks a lot for the reading! :)

CHAPTER 1 - Unfair

I hated this class. How could someone love it? I hated math. It’s just so stupid. What would I get by learning how to work letters with numbers? Waste of time!

Our math teacher, Mr. Maguire, had eyes in the back of his head. He could be drawing a graph on the board with his back to the room and still know who was paying attention and who had got one eye on the clock, or the school buses lining up outside the doors.

How could he do so?

I had no idea. It must be some trick teachers practice at home.

Only God knew how I entered the AP Math class. I mean, I did practice a lot to enter, but I absolutely detested that subject - from the very bottom of my heart. My teachers believed that I should be given a chance to prove it. The hell with proving. I had to work so hard to keep up with it. The only reason why I didn’t want to leave this class is because it would look good on my college resume.

Things you have to do to get a decent job!

I was floating in my wonderland, ranting in my head about my distaste towards Math, when I heard Mr. Maguire calling my name.

Shit, what did he ask me?

I didn’t have a clue as what kind of question he had ask me. So, I hesitated, torn between telling the truth and making a wild guess. When the sound of the bell signalling the end of morning classes filled the air with the sound of freedom, I cheered mentally.

The phrase ‘Saved by the bell’ was the correct one to describe my situation. However, I had to be aware that he would ask me the same question in the next class. Ugh, so I had to find someone who could tell me. Perfect.

All around me, everyone jumped to their feet, chairs scraped through the floor, books slammed shut, and they happily shuffled out this hellhole of a class.

Maybe it wasn’t just me how disliked mathematics. That was a nice fact to know.

I walked through the door and into the corridor to get to the cafeteria. There was a thing that you could hardly find in the corridors during lunch time, and that precious thing was silence.
Due to the less population of the town, the admission rate of the school was pretty low as the same students were studying here since they were toddlers. And because of that, you knew most of the people of the school. 

I walked to my locker when I saw Nancy and a guy talking to each other, both blushing like tomatoes.
I groaned internally and roughly opened my locker. Now she has a boyfriend as well? I thought to myself.
I would be left alone forever, everyone around me would make many love interests and I would be the only one left just because of my dad.

Are you listening to me dad, it would all happen because of you!
 I should have never watched 10 things I hate about you with him. It was my entire fault then.

“What happened Jade?” Nancy said softly, getting away from her boyfriend.
“Nothing, I’m all good.” I said smiling at the pretty girl in front of me.
She passed a sad smile in my direction. Placing her hands on my shoulders, she spoke, “You’ll find someone special soon as well, don’t worry.”

My mouth was opened so big that an elephant could pass through it. Now Nancy was giving me sympathy because I didn’t have a boyfriend? Wow, my days were really very bad as the girl who became famous because she peed in her pants in fifth grade was telling me that I would find someone.

Nancy walked away hand in hand with her boyfriend when I heard Jess and Blair laughing from behind me.

“Yeah, laugh as much as you want, I know I’m a loser.” I groaned, throwing my books inside the locker.
Jess came near me and patted my cheek,”Aw, don’t worry. It’s not your fault.”
Blair joined the conversation as well by saying,”Yeah, just because your dad prohibited you from dating doesn’t mean that you are an unprivileged one.”

I leaned into Jess’s ear and whispered, “From where have she learned these words?”
“Today’s English class.” Jess answered nonchalantly.
I passed her a look of acknowledgement and stood straight.

“And I’m ‘unprivileged from what Blair?” I asked, even though I knew what would her answer be.
“To date.” she answered.
“Don’t worry, everything will be alright soon. We will come up with something to convince your dad.” Jess ensured while Blair shook her head to support her.

I chuckle a little and then nodded my head. Then we became to walk toward the cafeteria.

“So, what are you doing tonight?” Jess asked, while we passed the History room.
“Going on a date with Chace Crawford, wanna join?” I joked.
“As if.” Blair snorted, not disgustingly but elegantly. Jess groaned loudly, rolling her eyes, she spoke, “It wasn’t the thing we were talking about. I asked you what you were doing tonight, not about you nasty dreams about a TV star.”

“Sorry, I don’t want him Blair, you take him.” I said and then paused when Blair actually showed a sign of relief by my answer. And then continued tell Jess, “And I don’t know. Maybe when all the school would be finished, I’ll home to your house.”
“Sure.” she smiled and we continued toward our journey to the cafeteria.

The cafeteria was well arranged so that the students could enjoy their lunch without worrying about getting the seat near a dustbin or the gate because all the tables were placed away from all these things.

As we sat on my places along with a few more of our friends, one of the girls Stacey asked,”Hey Jade, how’s Aiden?”

Even the name of Aiden brought a cheeky  smile to face.

“He’s awesome, as always.” I chirped. Aiden was the cutest guy in our school. Since eighth grade, the time I entered this school, he was the first one to catch my eye. He was one of those Golden boys of the school but he wasn’t mean, in fact, he was one of the sweetest people I knew. I didn't know about others, but I passionately believed that he was. His light brown hair always fell on his handsome face perfectly, and his sparkling blue eyes were just so hypnotizing.

"Ah, look at the little girl in love.”
_
_

Later that day when I reached home and entered my living room, I found dad sitting clumsily on the couch and watching a baseball match.

Men and their love for sports!

"Hey, Dad! I’m home." My dad turned his head to look at me and gave me a big smile.

"Welcome back, Princess." he spoke sweetly.

I noticed that he was in a pretty good mood and that was when I knew that it was the best time to talk to him about the absence of my love life.

“You look happy today, something special happened?” I asked, sitting next to him. I turned my head toward the television lazily.
"Yes, our shares are going quite good." he answered with a huge grin.

I nodded my head absent-mindedly and spoke,“How are they playing?” 
“Good, but I think they would-“ and then his rant went on about what should they do to win and how terrible some of the players were. I mean, I liked baseball a lot but that didn’t mean I would first watch the match, then the repeat telecast, the highlights and then the news channels, talking about how a team played. It was all what dad did.

So I decided to interrupt him, “Dad, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, Princess." His eyes were still fixed on the television.

"Should I..”
“Don’t you think…”
and many more attempt but I failed to find the suitable and convincing words to express my thoughts.

“Dad, shouldn’t I be allowed to date now?” I whined. Trailing my words toward him, I waited for him to give his reaction while I looked down my hands.

He suddenly turned to me with a baffled look and I dropped my hands back to my sides. Oh, this is not good.

"Why?"

"C'mon, Daddy! I look so left out in high school. Even that nerd Nancy has a boyfriend."

"No! You know why I’m not allowing you to date. Your sister hasn't dated anyone till now. She is the older sibling and it’s only right for her to date first." He has been giving these terrible and nonsense excuses from such a long time and it was getting out of control.

"How does that become the basis of me not getting to date? Come on, Daddy. Please?" I whined again.

"No, Jade. I won't let you. Let your sister date someone first. How would it look if the younger one is going on a date when the older one is sitting at home alone?" he asked, getting up from his seat.

"It will look nice, Dad, please." I answered, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms against my chest defensively.

"My decision is final, Jade. You can't date unless Sage starts to date."

"Aww, you can't do that, Dad." I complained, watching my chances go by like always.

"I can't, but I will. This conversation is over." he said firmly.

"That’s so unfair, Dad." I stomped my feet on the ground. I knew by attempt would go waste just like the ones I had tried in the past but now I knew it was getting out of my hands to convince dad.

I ran to my room and locked the door, wanting to have time just for myself. My dad was my role model, but what he was doing was just unrealistic.

Urg, only God knew what would happen to this problem!

***********

This is my very first story so please try to mind the mistakes!  I'm try my best to write! :)

Don't forget to:

VOTE

COMMENT

AND ENJOY! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

532K 48.1K 34
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
142K 2.2K 29
Harry looked her in the eyes and gulped. "You're pregnant." He said this time without hesitation. After he said that he was even more scared. The lo...
172K 3.7K 14
| "สœแดษดแด‡๊œฑแด›สŸส สœษช๊œฑ สŸษชสŸ แด€๊œฑ๊œฑ ษช๊œฑ แด„แดœแด›แด‡ แด€๊œฑ ๊œฐแดœแด„แด‹ แดกสœแด‡ษด สœแด‡'๊œฑ แดแด€แด…." ----------------------- viewer discretion advised . based on song Make Luv by Brent Faiyaz
21.6K 254 21
y/n Gonzalez, the sister of the young football star Pedri, meets his best friend, and let's just say it's not what she would've expected...