Saving him (Naruto fan-fic)

By BrookeSimmons

~Part One~ (Sequel to becoming a ninja) Yuki is back and stronger than ever! She has spent the last two year... More

Chapter 2- Team seven'e bell test, without Sasuke
Chapter 1- Yuki Okami is back!
Chapter 7- Give Gaara back!
Chapter 6- Team highfive?
Chapter 4- Fighting Itachi and a memory
~Special~Chapter 5- Valentines day
Chapter 3- Saving Gaara
Chapter 8- Gaara lives!!
Chapter 9- What happened to Akamaru!?
Chapter 10- Rude, unwanted team mate, and Akami
Chapter 11- I would rather spend a day in the wooden cage beating up Sai
Chapter 12- The plan
Chapter 13- Orochimaru, still a creeper...
Chapter 14- 'Love illness'
Chapter 15- *Filler* Great, a mission with Akami's team...
Chapter 16- *Filler-Part 2* Konoha's Crystal Wolf
Chapter 17- *Filler part three* Akiko
Chapter 18-*Filler part 4* Arriving
Chapter 19- Training with Kakashi
Chapter 20- The beginning of a new mission
Chapter 21- The violent monk
Chapter 22- Yuki's tears
Chapter 23- A small talk with Sai
Chapter 24- Desperate attempt for a kiss
Chapter 25-A small bet
Chapter 26- Sora, stop glaring at my part-time dog!
Chapter 27- Naruto! Didn't I tell you to stop breaking into my house?
Chapter 28- A little talking and a little training
Chapter 29- A painful fight between Tensai's
Chapter 30
~Special~ The Lost Tower- Where are we?
~ Special ~ The Lost Tower- So, we went back to the past
~Special~ The Lost Tower- Finding Mukade
~Special~ The Lost Tower- Going back
Chapter 31- There's no way Granny Tsunade lied
Chapter 32- A little frustration
Chapter 33- Progress
Chapter 35- So... there is such thing as a Immortal? Damn, I lost the bet.
chapter 36- The First Kiss
Chapter 37- Some time with Grandpa Sage
Chapter 38- Hidden Knowledge about the Tensai
~Halloween Special~
Chapter 39- Another Crystal user
Chapter 40- Their intentions
chapter 41
Chapter 42- You're sending me back?!
Chapter 43- *Mai* Separation of the Crystal Users
Chapter 44- *Mai* Academy and Genin Days
Chapter 45- *Mai* Jounin years and the Kyuubi's attack (Part 1)
Chapter 46- *Mai* Jounin Days and the Kyuubi's attack (Part 2)
Chapter 47- Who are these two?!
Chapter 48- Introducing and a almost confession
Chapter 49- Going after Sasuke
Chapter 50- Getting Closer
Chapter 51- The New Akatsui Member, Tobi
Chapter 52- Another failed attempt
Chapter 53- Kessho Village's new leader, Eito
Chapter 54- Learning About the Crystal Style
Chapter 55-Crystal Healing Abilities
Chapter 56- Last Day at the Kessho Village
Chapter 57- Zero and Ichiru's Past -Part 1-
Chapter 58- Zero and Ichiru's Past -Part 2-
Chapter 59- Zero and Ichiru's Past -Part 3-
Chapter 60- Is He Really Gone?
Chapter 61- Leaving Konoha, Alone
Chapter 62- Training with Crystal
Chapter 63- Training with Wolfs
Chapter 64- The New and Improved Okami
Chapter 65- Pain of many kinds
Chapter 66- A New Konoha
Chapter 67- The New Hokage
Chapter 68- Going to meet the Raikage
Chapter 69- Begging for Forgiveness for a Friend
Chapter 70- Madara and Sasuke
Chapter 71- Uchiha Sasuke, Friend or Foe
Chapter 72- Uchiha V.S Okami
Chapter 73- Granny's back
Chapter 74
Chapter 75- Date?
Chapter 76- Goodbye

Chapter 34- R.I.P Asuma sensei...

7.8K 170 28
By BrookeSimmons

I do not own Naruto, only my OC's

My eyes widened as I quickly ran to Naruto. His normally bright blue eyes were now a dark crimson as red chakra formed around him.

I wrapped my arms around him, the Kyuubi's chakra disappeared. His body fell limb in my arms once he returned to normal. I ignored the burning in my arms as I set him down on his back.

I looked at Kakashi, who stood by a tired Yamato. "Kakashi sensei," I muttered, my eyes growing hard as I glanced at the beat up Naruto. "If this keeps up, Naruto-kun is going to get hurt. And if he gets hurt, I'm going to have to step in. I won't let Naruto get hurt, even if that means stopping his training."

Kakashi looked at me before glancing at Naruto. "He won't like that, but I guess I won't stop you either."

He knew, as well as I did, that this was pushing Naruto a lot. He's been working on this for a couple of days now, nonstop. Even Captain Yamato had been to tired to do anything today, which is why I stepped in. In result, my arms were now covered in burns, which I would be healing soon, not wanting Naruto to end up seeing the burns on my arms.

I smiled when I noticed Naruto had taken my advice, and now had reduced his clones to two. Those two clones stood beside him, helping him with the rasengan and the wind chakra.

Kakashi smiled once he saw Naruto almost at perfection. "No less from Konoha's number one knucklehead ninja, eh Naruto?" Naruto looked up at Kakashi, shocked. Kakashi looked at me, still smiling. "And I can't expect Konoha's Crystal Wolf to fall behind either, Yuki."

My eyes closed as I gave a non with a smile. "I gotta say. I'm really starting to like you two."

For some reason, this broke Naruto's concentration. His clones disappeared as did his jutsu. Then, while grabbing me, he fell backwards. He pointed a free hand at Kakashi, his other hand holding onto me.

"Don't say weird shit like that, you freak!" Naruto shouted. "I finally got the technique and your creepy-talk threw me off!"

"I didn't mean it like that!" Kakashi objected, walking closer.

'Like what?' I wondered.

As Kakashi walked closer, Naruto shoved me behind him while screaming. "Back off, y-you freak!"

Kakashi continured walking closer, rubbing his cheek with his finger. "You see, I, uh..."

"No!" Naruto cried, he continued to move me behind him, avoiding Kakashi.

"I don't get it," I muttered under Naruto's shouting. "Why is he so scared?"

We stopped, seeing Yamato stand up. "Kakashi-sempai, we have to stop training and return to the village right now."

"What happened?" Kakashi asked.

I didn't like the look on Yamato's face. "Asuma-san... has passed away."

My eyes widened sadness filled me. 'Asuma sensei...' Instantly, I thought of team ten and Kurenai. Knowing I wouldn't be of much help of comforting Kurenai, I thought of Shikamaru. 'He was so close to Asuma sensei, maybe even more than Ino and Choji...'

All of the ninja's that knew of Asuma stood at the graveyard, all dressed in black. Naruto and Akami stood next to Konohamaru, trying to comfort him. Akami's pink ears were flat against her head, her pity filled red eyes on Konohamaru while she hugged him from his side. Her tail hung limply on the ground. My eyes traveled to Kurenai, who sat at Asuma's grave by herself while we stood behind her in a group. Her red eyes were dulled of life and happiness and replaced with sadness and grief.

"Uncle Asuma..." Konohamaru cried quietly, making Akami hug him tighter, her eyes looking at the ground.

I glanced around, noticing that Shikamaru was missing. 'I guess I'll go see him after the funeral... He's never lost anyone that was this close to him. Then, I'll go see Ino and Choji.'

I remained next to Naruto, staring at Asuma's grave. 'He was one of the few that knew my dad, really knew him. And now, now he's gone to join Outousan.'

I stood at Shikamaru's house, staring at him from across the yard. "Yuki," He finally said, "Are you just going to stand and stare at me like a baka?"

Though his voice was teasing, I didn't miss the sadness in it. I walked closer to him before sitting on his porch, beside him.

I noticed the lighter in his hand, already knowing it was Asuma's. "Hey, Shikamaru." I muttered after a moment of silence.

He stared at the wall to his house. I opened my mouth, but closed it, unsure what to say. Sighing I finally spoke. "Shikamaru, I'm sorry about Asuma. I know it hurts now, it probably hurts a lot. And, I'm not going to lie, the pain dosen't ever fully go away, but it does get better."

"It's my fault, Yuki..." Shikamaru muttered, I glanced at him. "It's my fault that Asuma isn't h-here. If I wasen't so stupid, and useless..."

I shook my head. "Shut up, Shikamaru. You're belittling yourself. Asuma, he never believed you to be stupid or useless, so don't start thinking that, he wouldn't want it."  My voice stayed soft, yet firm.

He looked at me from the corner of his eye. "Also, don't blame yourself. It's not your fault."

"Easy for you to say, you weren't there. Your instructions weren't wrong, mine were. And because of me, Asuma- Asuma..." He was unable to finish.

I looked back at his yard. "You're right, I wasen't there. But, just because you made a wrong move, it dosen't mean that it was your fault." I paused, rubbing my head. "Look, all this means is that those bastards were stronger that you at that moment, and they had something up their sleeve. Now, you use what information you have locked in your brain, and use it against them. I'm more than sure Granny would send you gus if there is a chance to go again."

As he remained silent, I sighed. "I'm not helping much, I can see that. Just know, you're not alone on this. If you need my help, don't hesitate to ask." I stood up, once again pausing. "Oh, and Shikamaru. Don't lock away all those emotions, it's not good."

He flicked open Asuma's lighter, lighting the small flame. "Thanks, Yuki..." He muttered.

I gave a small smile, my hand on his shoulder. "Anytime, Shikamaru."

Turning I walked around their house, I looked up when I noticed Shikamaru's dad. He looked at me, "Thank you, Yuki."

I tilted my head, "For what?"

"Trying to help Shikamaru. You're probably the only one his age that knows something about loss." He said quietly.

"Oh, I'm only doing what I know I should do. Although, it seems like I wasn't much help. Maybe you should talk to him later tonight, he might need something different than what I tried." I muttered, his dad nodded.

I stood outside Ino's house, my hand knocked on her door softly. The door swung open to show Ino's father, Inoichi. He blinked at me for a moment, as if trying to figure out who I was before smiling.

"Oh, hello Yuki, what brings you here?" He asked.

"Is Ino home?" I asked, he nodded and called her down.

Ino's face soon replaced her father's. She looked at me shocked before asking, "Hey, Yuki. Why are you here?"

"I, uh, just wanted to see how you were doing." I muttered, she looked to the ground before walking outside to the porch to sit with me.

Although, as soon as she shut the door and turned to me her eyes started tearing up before she lunged at me. I stood shocked for a moment before patting her back as she sobbed on me.

"I-I just c-can't believe he's gone!" She sobbed.

While it wouldn't look like it to most, I knew Ino was going to be alright. Shikamaru though, I was still more worried about him. Ino was showing emotion, and coping, while Shikamaru didn't seem to show anything other than blaming himself.

"I know, Ino." I muttered, letting her cry herself out, knowing it was better to cry on a friend than by yourself. And from knowing Ino, I knew that was what she needed, she didn't want to cry on her parent's shoulder, and she didn't want to cry by herself.

Once her sobbing slowed down, and she wiped her tears away I sat with her and talked with her about the good things about Asuma. This seemed to bring a small smile to her face, one of which I was glad about.

Leaving her house, I was more ensured that Ino would be okay. Now, I just had to go and check on Choji.

Just like I thought he would be, Choji was at the Barbecue place. Although, at the moment he sat alone and stared at his food. Worry bubbled in my stomach as I saw Choji not eating.

I slid in the chair opposite of his, he looked up. "Oh, hey Yuki."

I offered a small smile. "Hey, Choji. You're not eating."

He looked down at his food sadly, "Yeah. I told A-Asuma that I would try to diet."

My eyes softened as I looked at him. "I see, I just wanted to see how you were doing."

Unlike Ino, Choji didn't start sobbing, but unlike Shikamaru he didn't not show any emotion. He just stared at his food sadly, and repeated the words Ino had said not to long ago. "I just can't believe he's gone."

Already, I knew that Choji, just like Ino would be okay. My main worry now is Shikamaru. 'I hope he will be okay...'

End of chapter 34! I know it's not long like I had hoped, but I thought this would be the perfect way to end it. I had to watch all of the episodes again... so I've been crying pretty much the entire time because I watched Asuma's death again. Then I started crying even more once I realized that I'm getting closer to Jiraiya's death. So in case you guys haven't guessed, the next couple of chapters are going to be quite emotional.And I had Yuki go and talk to team 10 because she really is the only one their age that understands the feeling of loss.

 Now there is only one small good thing that comes to this, I just hope you guys haven't forgotten. So my question for you guys to comment on is just what exactly is the small good thing that comes from this? It's not hard, if you haven't forgotten :)

I will try my best to make the next chapter twice as long as this one was :) and the plot will begin moving forward again. I had it kind of stuck for two or three chapters, but that was because Yuki had to learn that jutsu. So comment and vote guys :) and fan if you haven't already and you really like my stories.

 This chapter is not edited, and I apoligise for any mistakes, I typed this up on my I-pad

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 1.3K 36
Book 2 of the Naruto x Reader story! They thought that the worst of things had passed, and they could go about living their life to the fullest and a...
105K 4.4K 40
[COMPLETED] *book one in the Uzumaki series* Tomomi Uzumaki only has one close friend. And he's an Uchiha. She tried to keep him a secret from her...
102K 2.2K 31
This is a sequel from I'm Different (Sasuke X Reader) It's been two years since Sasuke, taking Y/N with him after rescuing her from the bandits. So...
8.3K 112 21
Sequel to Fairy x Naruto : Lucy's training (Book one) It's already three years since Lucy and Sasuke leave the village. Lucy had become stronger tha...