Moments In Time || l.p. AU *C...

By 1975-Narry

Shayna and Liam have been friends since birth. They did everything together. Going to the park. Playing hide... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Nintey-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110

Chapter Seventy-Two

1.1K 35 3
By 1975-Narry

"So, you're going to watch Liam's ex's kid at his house?" Jenny asked me after we dropped Tori off at her sister's house; Jenny was driving me back to Liam's house.

"Where else am I going to do it, Jenny? Besides, this way Liam and I can take care of a baby together before we have ours."

"But Wyatt's almost two. A two year old and a newborn are completely different, Shayna. You gotta call her back and say you can't do it. What if Liam does know about Wyatt? What if he gets mad that you for not telling him that you met Hanna? Did you ever think about what could happen?"

I guess I didn't think it through.

"No...I didn't. But really, Jenny. What's the worst that Liam could do to me if he really does know about Wyatt? From the way he told me about Hanna seemed like he hadn't seen or spoke to her since they broke up. So I highly doubt he knows about her son."

We finally pulled up to Liam's house.

"At some point, you are going to tell him that you met her, right?"

I nodded. "Just not now..."

"And why not?"

I looked down at my hands then at his house.

"It's a bit complicated, Jenny?"

"How complicated? Complicated like yours and your mum's relationship it complicated like trying to figure out a rubix cube when you're color blind?"

I looked over at Jenny; was she being serious about that second option?

"I guess the second one?"

Jenny heavily sighed.

"Let me take a shot in the dark. So Liam's ex cheated on him with the guy she's with now, but he didn't know until you told him. So now he's avoiding all contact with this guy at all costs because it brings up bad memories and he doesn't want to be one of those types of guys that goes all crazy and beats up people out of anger."

My mouth dropped open.

"How could you guess all that just from me saying that it was as complicated as trying to--well, you know what I said."

"In a way, it's kind of obvious, Shay. The reason Liam is so protective of you is because he lost one girlfriend to another guy and he doesn't want to lose you too."

My eyes widened. Could she be right?

"Don't be scared, Shayna. Having an over-protective boyfriend can be a good thing. At least you'll know that he'll do anything do for you."

I swallowed some air as I looked at the house.

"Like I've said before, I want a boyfriend like him. Now get out of my car so you can see what Liam did for you."

I quickly turned my head in Jenny's direction.

"He did something for me?"

"Yup," she said popping the 'p', "Now get out of my car and have a nice evening with lover boy."

She giggled as I got out of the car.

"What did I say about calling Liam 'lover boy', Jenny?"

"You know I'm just doing it because it drives you crazy."

I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Have fun babysitting Liam's ex's kid tomorrow."

Then she drove off. I began walking towards the house. After taking a deep breath in and letting it out, I reached for the handle of the door and slowly opened it. Liam was sitting on the couch and I noticed that he had light blue paint smeared on his cheeks and his clothes. I closed the door and Liam stood up from the couch. His arms were covered in light blue paint too. He walked over to me and kissed me. I could just smell the paint on him.

"Liam...why are you covered in paint?"

But instead of answering me, he covered my eyes with his hands.

"Why don't I just show you?"

We began walking forward.

"You better not run me into anything, Liam..."

He chuckled and we kept walking.

"I'm serious, Liam. If you purposely run me into a wall, I'll hate you forever."

"Hate is such a strong word..." he whispered by my ear when we stopped walking.

"Ok...maybe I'll be a little mad...but then I'll be okay because I can't stay mad at you." Liam chuckled again.

He slowly removed his hands from my eyes then said, "Surprise."

What I saw was a nursery. Everything was there; a baby crib, a rocking chair and many other things you find in a nursery. The walls were the color that was splattered all over Liam. When we both took a step inside the room, I saw what was exotic. There were tons of stuffed animals that would be found in the jungle. Then there were pictures on the wall. They were all cartoony, but they were still of animals in the jungle.

"Liam...it's...it's perfect."

I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck. He placed a kiss on my forehead then smiled.

"I'm glad you like it, babe."

"I don't like it, I love it, Liam."

I kissed his nose then walked over to the rocking chair and sat down. I had to tell him about babysitting Wyatt. It shouldn't be that hard right?

"What are you thinking about, love?" Liam asked.

He was leaning against the doorframe now.

"I agreed to babysit a friend of mine's little boy..." I began.

"Do I know this friend?"

Of course he did.

"No...she's a new friend."

"Do I get to meet her?"

No...no he can't.

"I'm actually picking her son up and bringing him here..."

"Oh. Well, what's her son's name?"

I began to bite my nails; I couldn't keep this from him. I made a promise to Liam a promise to not keep secrets.

"Liam...I need to tell you something..."

He stopped leaning against the doorframe and came to stand in front of me.

"What is it, Shayna?"

"Please...please don't be mad at me."

He got a scared look on his face then.

"What happened, Shayna?"

"I...I...just promise you won't be mad at me."

"I promise."

I looked down at my hands but Liam lightly grabbed my chin and tilted my head up.

"You can tell me anything, love."

"I've met Hanna," I said quickly.

Liam removed his hand from my chin.

"You what?"

"I've met Hanna and the boy I'm watching...it's her son..."

"No."

He shook his head and turned his back to me. I got to my feet and tried to turn him around, but he wouldn't budge.

"Liam, please. You promised you wouldn't be mad..."

"You didn't say it was going to be that!"

I jumped away from him and nearly fell back onto the rocking chair.

"Why are you yelling at me?"

"You need to call her back and say you can't do it."

"Liam! I can't just do that to her!"

He turned around to face me.

"Yes you can! It's easy. Just pick up your phone, call her and tell her you changed your mind."

"I'm not going to do it, Liam and you can't make me."

I heard him sigh loudly. Looking at his hands, I noticed he was clenching and unclenching them. Maybe I should let him relax. Maybe I should listen to him. But what was wrong with watching Wyatt?

"Liam! Haven't you thought that watching Wyatt could prepare us for taking care of our baby?"

"I said no, Shayna. Call her now and tell her no."

"No!"

I wasn't prepared for what happened next. I heard it before I felt it. As I dropped to the floor, my face began to tingle and not in a good way. Liam gasped after what he had done.

"Shayna...I'm...I'm so sorry...I didn't mean it."

He held out his hand for mine.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed.

"I'm sorry. You've got to--"

"Shut up! Just shut up and don't speak to me ever again!"

"You don't mean that."

"Yes I do! I hate you!"

Even though I declined his help, he still grabbed my arm and brought me to my feet.

"Let go of me, you dickhead!"

"Shayna! I didnt mean it!"

"Is that what you'll say when it happens the next time?! 'Oh, I didn't mean it. Please forgive me, Shayna' And blah blah blah."

"Stop this, Shay. You know I would never hurt you on purpose."

I felt the tears streaming down my face.

"Then why did you do it now? You promised you wouldn't hurt me!"

"It was an accident. A bloody accident, Shayna! Why won't you forgive me?!"

Why wouldn't I forgive him? I didn't really have an answer. He placed his hands on either side of my neck and looked into my eyes; searching for the forgiveness he desperately craved. But I didn't give in. His hands dropped from my neck and I saw a single tear fall from his eye. He turned and headed for the door. Before he left the room, he looked back at me.

"I love you, Shayna..." he whispered as he disappeared from my view.

I probably stood in the nursery alone for about ten minutes before I decided it was time for bed. When I stepped out into the hallway, everything was dark. No lights were on and the house was silent. Putting my arms out, I placed my hands on the wall and guided myself to Liam's room. After pushing the door open, I felt my heart drop; Liam wasn't laying in bed like I thought he would be.

"Where are you, Liam?" I almost cried.

I walked further into the room and tripped on something that was on the floor. When I got to my feet, I realized what it was; it was my bag.

"Liam, I'm sorry," I cried.

I kicked my bag under the bed the pulled back the covers. Slowly climbing into bed, I pulled the duvet towards me and buried my face in the pillow.

"I forgive you, Liam."

-----------

Liam! What the hell?! Why would you do that?!

Siiiigh

So where did Liam go?

Vote/comment

-Ari Horan-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.6K 3.8K 53
What happened? A party happened... Little did Natalia know was that her life was just about to change in a matter of 24 hours... Hatred, sadness, and...
27.5K 1.2K 95
It's been three years since Natalie left New York, and left her so called friends and family. She left with nothing and had to start a new life in Bo...
7.7K 231 23
"I never planned on falling in love with you, but I did, and oh what an adventure it has been." When an unlikely pair find themselves instantly draw...
114K 2.3K 69
When a four-year friendship turns into a forever relationship. [UNDER EDITING]