Down Chick

By ThatOneUrbanChick

At the age of sixteen Lakeisha Moss was abandoned by her mother and left to fend for herself on the streets... More

Copyright
Down Chick
Chapter One: A Lesson Well Taught
Chapter Two: So We Meet...
Chapter Three: Sister of the Heart
Chapter Four: Come Again
Chapter Five: Memory Lane
Chapter Six: Don't Try Me
Chapter Seven: Down For You
Chapter Eight: The Hunt
Chapter Nine: Say Something
Chapter Ten: Persistence
Chapter Eleven: The Inner Circle
Chapter Twelve: The Meeting (Part 1)
Chapter Twelve: The Meeting (Part II)
Chapter Thirteen: Infatuated With You
A.N
Chapter Fourteen: The Club & the After Math (Part I)
Chapter Fourteen: The Club & The After Math (Part II)
Requited Chick (NOW POSTED)
Chapter Fifteen: My First
Chapter Sixteen: Don't Let Me Get You
Chapter Seventeen: Duty Calls (Part II)
Chapter Eighteen: Let Me Hold You
Chapter Nineteen: On the Low
Chapter Twenty: Revelations of Truth (Part I)
Chapter Twenty: Revelations of the Truth (Part II)
Chapter Twenty: Revelations of Truth (Part III)
Chapter Twenty-One: Reunions & Identification (Part I)
Chapter Twenty-One: Reunions & Identification (Part II)
Chapter Twenty-One: Reunions & Identification (Part II continued)
Chapter Twenty-Two: At Last
Chapter Twenty-Three: On the Rise (Part I)
Chapter Twenty-Three: On the Rise (Part II)
Chapter Twenty-Three: On the Rise (Part III)
Chapter Twenty-Four: Promises Never Prevail (Part I)
Chapter Twenty-Four: Promises Never Prevail (Part II)
Chapter Twenty-Four: Promises Never Prevail (Part III)
Chapter Twenty-Five: Misconceptions and Fatality (Part I)
Chapter Twenty-Five: Misconceptions and Fatality (Part II)
Chapter Twenty-Five: Misconceptions and Fatality (Part III)
Chapter Twenty-Six: Going Crazy
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Adamant Not...
New Story
Down Chick 2: The Hunt

Chapter Seventeen: Duty Calls (Part I)

86.6K 2.5K 228
By ThatOneUrbanChick

Chapter Seventeen: Duty Calls

What the hell was this bitch looking at like that? I didn’t give a fuck about where we were. It’d be on and popping, if she kept looking at me like that. What was she doing here anyway?

“Yeah, bitch it’s us again,” Maria piped in. “The fuck you want?”

I mugged her just in time to see Shay approach with a scowl on her face as she looked at us. I didn’t care about that either.

“What you uppity hos doing up in here? Last I heard pregnant bitches don’t need birth control. Unless, you’re talking about an abortion. I’m not so sure Viktor even knows about this…Maybe I should enlighten him.”

“Hos?” I snapped. “Nah, we ain’t the ones pressed up on niggas nuts like it ain’t no tomorrow. Watch yo damn mouth tossing around shit like you ain’t got no sense. You ain’t gone tell Vik shit about my girl trying to get an abortion. I’ll beat the fuck out of you.”

Maria scowled as she rose to her feet, fisting her hands and resting them on her hips. “I ain’t got no qualms about beating a bitch ass,” she added. “Don’t come at me like that. Skank ass ho.”

Jafari rose to his feet too, looking at all of us. “Y’all know them?” he asked LiLi.

“Of course,” the bitch responded. “They rode up on my house the other day on some madness thinking I was hiding that pregnant bitch’s man.”

“You was lucky wasn’t,” I retorted.

He scratched his head. “I might want to fuck with them. I can’t do that if y’all over starting World War III with them,” he told her.

I looked over at him and rolled my eyes. “That’s not going to ever happen,” I snapped. “You might as well get them ideas out of yo’ thick head.”

He ignored me and continued speaking with them.

“Fari,” LiLi snapped, “gone somewhere you ain’t got a rat’s ass chance with these two anyway. They associated with that nigga Angel. That’s Vik’s girl and Angel is up to his ears involved with that one.”

At Angel’s name Jafari tensed and then glanced from me to Maria and back, before a slow grin took over his face. “Nice,” he murmured. “Darius will be pleased. An opportunity like this rarely ever presents itself.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Maria snapped.

I looked at her and shook my head. Pregnant or not Maria was down and I loved that about her. It was no wonder that we were as thick as thieves. I didn’t want my ass getting snatched up by some ignorant as youngin though. I refused to be used to have vengeance sought on Angel. I wouldn’t go down without a fight. Being surrounded by bitches I didn’t like and little niggas who needed to get a clue had me on the edge.

“If I was you taco eating muthafuckin’ bitch I’d keep my fat mouth shut. Pregnant or not I’ll beat—” one of LiLi’s friends starting speaking and I immediately became pissed.

“Nah, bitch you got the game twisted. I will fucking kill you before you lay hands on her,” I retorted rising to my feet.

Till then I had been seated and watching the exchange, but now I was taking a stand. Bitches always thought they was big and bad when another bitch was pregnant. It was like a woman being pregnant made them think they could run all over her and no one else would have her back. I wasn’t having it. Then to add in racial slurs? That was a bit over the damn borderline.

She scoffed. “Bitch please. You forgetting you ain’t on the East end with all them other Mexican muthafuckas. You on the North end with us Black folk. You will get hurt—”

I cut her off again. “Listen here scary bitch, the only reason you talking half the shit you are is because she’s pregnant and you think you safe in yo own territory. Think again. I will beat the shit outta you, the bitch next to you and the other one. I don’t give a fuck.”

Shay sneered. “You can try skank, you can try.”

“You two,” LiLi started, “never change. Always quick to jump into a fight, always around each other like clingy simpering bitches, and then got the nerve to think y’all run shit. You don’t run a damn thing. The supposed reign that y’all got is gone be gone soon. Then—”

She had spoke a warning the last time as well. This time was a clue that something big was going on. Something that Angel had either chosen to not tell us about or something that he didn’t know about. Where the hell was Viktor? He needed to get over and quick. I needed to talk to Angel again.

Jafari cut her off this time. “Leave,” he ordered, his tone cold brooking no chance for her to disagree.

She looked at him with anger and he pointed to the door.

“LiLi this has officially become the business of Darius and anything dealing with him, you ain’t a part of.”

“Man fuck you and Darius,” she snapped, turning towards Shay who was scowling darkly.

“Yo’ Jafari,” Mar-Mar called.

“What?”

“Darius said he’ll be here in five.”

“Tell that nigga he betta call me,” Shay told him. “Can’t even stay in contact with his own damn sister. Muthafucka got me bent and twisted all over this bitch.”

Horror crossed my features and there was no doubt in my mind that blood would be shed. Someone was going to die because Viktor wasn’t letting them have me or Maria without him dying first. It was time to pull in some reinforcements.

I sent Viktor another quick text.

Me <9089856895>

Where the hell are you? Some nigga Darius on the way.

After I hit send on the message, my phone vibrated in under a minute. Opening the text, I gasped as I read it.

Viktor <9082526349>

Shit. I’m less than two minutes way. Bring y’all asses. Can’t seem to stay out of trouble.

I chuckled as I slid the phone back into my pocket. “Yo’ bitches ain’t gotta go nowhere. We were just leaving anyway,” I said walking with Maria towards the door.

I wasn’t even surprised when Jafari and Mar-Mar followed.

“My nigga wouldn’t be happy if you left without meeting him, “Jafari said glancing at me and Maria.

His look was still lustful but he had stopped his invitations completely. I looked at him and his friend. It was almost hard to believe that the niggas were associated with drug dealing niggas. Then again it seemed to be a past time of the hood. Everybody and they damn mama wanted into the drug game. It was quick and easy money or so they thought. Drug dealing was something that I’d never be involved with, even if being around Angel had gotten me dragged into his world of danger.  

“I don’t give a damn about meeting yo nigga. If he’s anything at like you then, hell to the muthafuckin’ no, do I want to meet him.”

He chuckled. “It’s a bit late for that. He’s here,” he said, just as the sound of squealing tires filled the air.

I turned and saw two cars coming in from different angles. Both were speeding. One was Viktor’s Hummer and the other was a black SUV. I immediately assumed it was Darius’ whoever the hell he was. I glanced at Maria noting that both vehicles were likely to arrive at the same exact time. I grabbed her hand and started tugging her towards the Hummer. I wasn’t risking the chance.

I’d heard a lot of shit about these North end niggas and the measures that they’d go through to extract vengeance on Angel. A few years back had been a prime example. Of course the then leader had been killed by Angel. Ambrianna’s murder and his hadn’t been too far apart. Word on the streets had been that Angel had been enraged and blamed him for it.

As the Hummer and the SUV skidded to a stop in the parking spaces before us, my eyes widened. The doors opened and Viktor, Rome, Nor, Cruz, and some others I didn’t recognize exited. At the same time from the SUV a tall mocha caramel colored man and three others got out. His eyes immediately moved to me and Maria. He looked me over and then at Viktor and his crew.

“Didn’t expect to see your funky ass over here, Rome,” he stated. “You switching sides now?”

“I never did take a side, Darius,” he retorted. “Your fucking territorial disputes don’t have shit to do with me.”

I glanced at him surprised. He was from this side of town? I shook my head slightly. Shay was from this side too and Viktor did business with her as well. I wasn’t sure why Viktor did business with supposed enemies, but he did. Angel was obviously okay with it so that didn’t have shit to do with me. I grabbed Maria and started walking towards the Hummer quickly.

The sound of a gun cocking stopped me in my tracks.

I turned my head slightly and saw that Darius had a gun aimed directly at me and Maria. That sent anger and fear coursing through me. You didn’t aim a gun at a pregnant women that was just fucked up. I moved so that I stood directly in front of her. He’d have to shoot me first. Maria was pregnant with their first child and I wasn’t going to let that be taken away. I’d die first.

“Not so fast, stay right where you are.”

I turned my head towards looking directly at him. “Leave Maria out of this,” I ordered.

He looked at me and then at Viktor who had already drawn two guns and had them aimed directly at Darius. Nor, Rome, Cruz and the others had guns out as well. No one was free from the risk of getting shot, which fucked up the whole situation even more. I wished I had left Maria in the clinic. She’d have been safe in there. 

---

I wanted to get something up before I went to bed so here is part of the chapter. I'll post the other half, either tomorrow or Monday. More homework waiting on me to finish, so if the chapters are short and split into parts then it's because college is kicking my ass. Once, I go back and edit, I'll merge all of the chapters split into parts together. 

No Saturday books to add to list this past week? Oh, well...Maybe next Saturday you'll shoot me some. 

I've got to stop craving damn Butterfingers...

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. :)

Thank you all for your continued support. It's much appreciated. You're the few people who do support my writing. My family doesn't support it because: "It's not guaranteed money. You're wasting your time...Keep dreaming..." So coming on here and seeing your comments and such lift my spirits. :)

I'm exhausted. Nighty night. 

x Leis x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 640 31
"Who is she?" "They call her Lillith. I don't know her real name." "Lillith?" "Queen of Hell. Ruler of the Underworld. A Fallen Angel." "Is she t...
881K 21.3K 20
(SLOWLY EDITING) *Read at your own risk* Who ever thought that a sweet girl like Rose would cross paths with a street thug like Ramon. Rose was alwa...
84.5K 2.2K 44
* This is my first book so don't judge.* Try having the perfect family, perfect life , perfect boyfriend , perfect friends ,but all that changed all...
9.8K 116 25
Completed!! -- I could hear him running behind me. "HELP!" I started to scream the words repeatedly. I felt like I was the stupid, helpless girl in...