A Twisted Christmas

By spicy_sweets

Every Christmas Eve, King Santa Claus soars through the skies to deliver presents in a sleigh pulled by eight... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Author's Note
Suicide Hotlines

Chapter Three

550 47 36
By spicy_sweets

The ropes attached to Simon's belt fell with a thump after Krampus unhooked them. He hopped out the carriage, shivering at the contact of snow with his bare hooves.

The deer's tense expression relaxed the moment weight was removed from his broad body. He stretched his legs, groaning. The goat-demon observed him, noting how he froze when he turned to a certain position.

"Simon?" He called with an inkling of an idea of how the deer would respond to his next question.

"Yes, Your Highness?"

"How did you get those cuts? Did the king do this to you?" He gritted his teeth at the thought of the king completely brushing off what he said to him years ago.

Simon glanced at him before turning away. "That is not the case. I was simply hit by some trees on my way to pick you up. Do not waste your worries on my health; they are only minor injuries."

Krampus widened his eyes; he didn't know whether or not his friend was lying. With his arms crossed over his chest, he challenged Simon, "If that is indeed the truth, then why must you avoid making eye contact with me?"

"But Your Highness, I mustn't dare-"

"Be me a prince or a peasant, I will never allow you to think of yourself as lower than me. If anything, I am the low one," he said, chuckling bitterly.

Simon opened his mouth to protest, but Krampus held up his hand. "Imagine, a lowly goat demon brat suddenly being the heir to the Winter Throne− blasphemy, isn't it? Maybe that's why I was exiled; because the villagers couldn't stand my presence any longer."

The deer turned to him and frowned. "Rest assured that that was not the reason. No elf or reindeer here has ever held any malice towards you. In fact, it is unheard of."

"Oh, stop with your flattery. I could tell by the glares they threw at me when I was with the King. We both know that only you and the girl were the only ones that bothered to talk to me.

"Anyways, you really mean it when you say that the trees cut you during your travels? It seems a little strange that you would let yourself be so vulnerable when flying." Krampus questioned with rising suspicion.

"You know how much I despise lying. I've seen enough of it from the naughty children who I had to punish with my hefty bundle of birch. Ah, speaking of which," he trailed off while swinging his tail in curiosity, "how have you all been keeping track of the little rascals without me around? It seems that there are less sins to eat year after year."

Simon sighed. "King Santa will tell you when you arrive to the castle. Do you need me to guide you there?"

Krampus shook his head. "No, I want to see the town myself. After all, it's been a long time." He looked over the snow-covered landing with a whimsical smirk as he licked his lips.

"Understood. Have a safe trip. I will inform His Majesty of your arrival." He bid Krampus farewell before flying to the ice castle.

Once the deer was gone, Krampus sighed. He wanted to avoid meeting the king for as long as he could. He was still angry over the fact that he was banished from his home for doing his job, which was being an advisor as well as a prince. Why did I even agree to come back? he wondered, cursing at his naivety. Krampus hoped that the King would listen to his words and think of the people when he argued with him. Of course, that wasn't the case. Otherwise he wouldn't have been exiled.

As he jumped from roof to roof, he noticed how eerily empty the once bustling town was. His eyes scanned the town as he stood on the roof of some type of tall building that he hadn't seen the last time he was there. Even though the christmas lights were normally decorated the various stores and workshops before, no signs of life were seen.

The streets, stores and houses were draped in darkness, with only the castle being a source of light. He remembered the once joyful town having at least one shop open at all times when he was younger, be it the fabric tailor or the local grocery store. He wondered why that wasn't the case anymore. His nose was burned with the smell of spoiled food and paper beaten by time, which frankly wasn't pleasant. Not a single store had any sign of recent usage.

Krampus looked to his left when he noticed that the factory was also brimming with activity. The elves are working again? They were always so active, he thought, feeling nostalgic. That girl must be there too, helping all the juniors out when they need it. He sighed before heading in the opposite direction. That doesn't matter. It's not like I'd be welcome there, he figured grimmly while looking at the grey sky, I wonder if they even remember me?

With one last glance back, he hopped down until he reached the ground and ran past the dark, ghostly town to the castle that pierced through the clouds. The same place where he was abandoned by the council and labelled an outlaw. At least, until then.

Why am I letting myself be dragged around by the monarchy of North Pole? I just wanted a peaceful life with reasonable pay and a stable living space. That wasn't difficult, was it? He thought it wasn't, but King Santa Claus and him always did have contradicting morals and desires.

"How unfortunate," the goat demon muttered, somewhat saddened that he couldn't make a treaty with the King to resolve the conflict. His legs were shivering while he walked through the snow despite being covered in layers of thick brown fur.

The glare of light that reflected off the castle momentarily blinding him. He covered his eyes as he walked forward, the gusts of wind that mercilessly hiting him when he was closer to the castle forcing Krampus to rub his arms as the eternal winter chill crawled up his spine.

When he finally reached the castle, what waited for him there almost made him chuckle in amusement. Two snowmen, both armed with one spear held by three of their six arms glared at him. "Name and business?" One demanded with a deep baritone, easily towering over the demon's seven head frame.

Krampus thought of him as the personification of a thunderstorm with a body that could shadow the skies and a voice that could send pulses of intimidation through anyone's veins. Even so, he couldn't back down. Krampus wiped off some invisible dirt from his clothes and let his hood fall down, his black hair flowing to the of his neck. "I am Prince Krampus, heir to the Winter Throne."

The two snowmen turned to each other with mockingly shocked expressions before laughing long enough to expose their long rows of icicle-shaped teeth. "Oh boy," the other snowman said after calming down, "the Prince? Ha, he should be dead by now. No one exiled to the South Pole has ever lived to tell the tale. Everyone knows that he's long gone. The king said so, and you know what they say," he droned, "'the king's word is law.'"

"But, but I am the Prince! Ask Simon or Henry! I took care of them; they know my face! Everyone should!" He always made sure to patrol the city every night and report anything suspicious to the King. Of course, he kept his hood on to blend in with the crowd, yet his tall height was what separated him from the rest of the civilians to begin with. Why would the King pronounce me dead if he invited me here? That didn't make sense. How odd.

"Okay. Wait one moment; I have a personal letter written by the King himself." He then dug in his pockets and pulled out the rolled up slip of paper and handed it to them.

The less energetic of the two snatched it from his hands and muttered it out loud to the other snow guard. After a few silent moments of taking in the new information, he stiffened his posture and bowed. "We humbly apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused."

When he noticed the other snowman idly scrutinizing the letter with suspicion, he roughly pushed his head down and forced him to bow. The eccentric guard cursed, then after realizing his fault, gave Krampus a toothy grin while steam rolled off of his plump body. He was about to say something when his head tumbled off, thanks to the gentle pat of his partner.

Luckily Krampus noticed, catching the head before it could crumble into pieces. "Thanks Bud. If you hadn't been there then I would've melted like Frosty over here on a hot summer day. Though, try not to press too hard; I'm very fragile."

The Prince chuckled. "I'll keep that in mind. Here you go," he said after replacing the head onto his body.

The snowman gave a playful bow after adjusting his head and grabbing the mighty door handle. "Thank you, Prince! Much appreciated. Anyways, you!" He gestured to the tall snowman with his skinny arms, "Always with the patting on the back! It's like you're trying to kill me! Keep this up and I'll have to charge you with snowmanslaughter next time."

"Oh Tim, you always threaten to but never will. Save your energy for work. We all know how terrified you are of the Royal Guards after they-"

"Anyways!" Tim interrupted, "Princey wants to see the King right? Can't keep either of Their Highnesses waiting!"

"Alright, alright. Though you're the one whose job hangs on a thin thread because of your constant use of vulgar language." The snowman grimanced at Tim before facing the door and pulling it open with four of his arms while waving at the goat demon with his other two. Tim said something incoherent and did the same while saying, "Welcome back, Your Highness!"

Krampus nodded at them and asked the snowman that stood next to Tim, "what is your name?"

The linky snowman's twig eyebrows rised at the question. "I-I greatly appreciate your curiousity, but I apologize, for I do not have a name. The king forbade us from individualizing ourselves."

Krampus gritted his teeth, looking away for a moment. He couldn't believe how selfish the king had grown since his departure. This is ridiculous, he concluded before turning back to the duo. "Then how come Tim has a name?"

Tim chuckled. "Why Your Highness, that is because I wholeheartedly enjoy breaking the rules."

"Idiot!" The other one muttered to the short Tim with a glare, "You shouldn't have said anything!"

"Ah. Well, as my hombres de nieve say, 'que sera sera.'"

Krampus couldn't help but laugh a little. "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me," he said to them before turning to the nameless guard. "Would you mind me offering you a name after I finish my business?"

The snowman was puzzled as his rock eyes shifted upwards. He never considered the idea of disobeying the King so foolishly like his companion had, yet he didn't know if it was respectful to reject the Prince's offer either. After some hesitation, he nodded. "Thank you, Your Highness."

The goat demon smiled as his tail swung excitedly. "No problem!" He chided before turning around. "See you two later; I've got a bone to pick with that King of yours." He then pulled his hood back up and ran inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256 26 8
Santa needs help when he goes to deliver coal to the Ten Commandments and Zeldris traps him in a Perfect Cube. The Seven Deadly Sins are happy to hel...
1.8K 384 96
"We're here to celebrate Christmas, so please behave." I said. "There's no point in celebrating it, papa is dead." replied Noah *** Adam and his kids...
42.3K 1.1K 11
"What was once called the most wonderful time of the year turned out to be the most horrific nightmare I will remember this year" 5 year old Samantha...
697 17 16
I've always liked Christmas the feeling the food the scents I love eggnog and the smell of cinnamon and all the good spices, the only difference is t...