I'm Not Who I Am

Lovefter tarafından

She is the youngest and the best agent in the agency. Like what people say "Little but Incredible". She was t... Daha Fazla

Agent Undercover
READ BEFORE GOING ON
[1] Wait What?
[2] Okay, Too Much Attention
[3] How Cute & Lovely
[4] You Don't Get To Call Me That
[5] Hmmm...
[6] Deal With It
[7] Paintball? Seriously?
[8] On The Move
[9] It's Not That Serious Really
[10] Lesson Learned: Don't Mess With the Snot Master!
[11] That Doesn't Mean I Should Be Stuck Next To You Like Super Glue
[12] I've Had Enough Bluffing For The Day
[13] There's Definitely Something Wrong With The Timing.
[14] I Think I Should Use Frying Pans More
[15] Why Wouldn't I Be Okay?
[16] I Never Knew This Day Would Come
[17] What A Humpty Dumpty Surprise
[18] Food Fight!
[19] Wait, Why Did I Nod Again?
[20] It's Part Of The Job Description
[22] Glad to know I have that effect on you, too.
[23] Would you like to dance with me, gentleman?

[21] Ball of Rainbows and Sunshine

1.7K 76 5
Lovefter tarafından

A/N Edited.

"So... How was school?" I asked, badly wanting to change the topic. There would definitely be a new set of rumors that Charlotte must have started.

"Boring as always. You have always been a part of the rumor mill ever since you started school," Wade replied with a downward smile.

Believe it or not, I was pretty excited to know the rumors going on about me. I find it funny hearing these non-existent shit because people can get so creative even when you know the truth.

I motioned for him to continue in anticipation, "Yeah, first some thought you got killed by a mafia." This could possibly be true. For all we know, it might be the mafia who was after me. But I can't wait to go back to school and shove up their faces that I am in fact, still alive.

"Some said you got pregnant and was suspended after having an affair with one of our teachers." Wow, this was definitely Charlotte's idea. If you'd expect me to go nuts and charge over to those crackers who started it, then sorry if I burst your bubble, but I'll be laughing my ass off in front of them to see how pathetic those rumors are when I get back to school.

I'd rather not stoop to their level and get revenge like others do, unless they also involve other people, that's where I step in.

On the other hand, he didn't look too happy about the rumors. "Why? What's wrong?" I asked as I stopped cracking up at those ridiculous rumors.

"Because of how infuriating those pathetic people are!" he grunted irritably. "Leave them be," I said as I laid back on my bed to get more comfortable with my position.

Jordan never came back from his trip and I assumed he must be doing his business with one of the nurses here. It was already 9 PM in the evening, we had talked all day about random things.

"I think you need to go home and rest. You still have school tomorrow," I suggested but he insisted on staying. I threw him one of my stern looks which got him to get up and walked towards the door.

"Fine." But not until he swiftly sweeps off a kiss on my forehead which left me in utter and complete shock and my mouth hanging open.

"Bye, Princess." He shot me a cheeky smile and stepped outside just as the nurse came in to check my vitals.

"That boyfriend of yours is pretty sweet," she dreamily sighed which made my cheeks turn a shade of pink.

Quickly masking it with confusion, I clarified, "He's not my boyfriend."

"You're pulse rate says otherwise," she chuckled as she removed the pulse oximeter and scribbled down on the bunch of papers on her clipboard.

I mumbled, "Whatever," and mustered up the strength to walk towards the comfort room because of my stupid bladder.

"You need help?" the nurse asked with concern as she tried to assist my arms.

"I'm good on my own, thanks," I gritted as I walked towards the comfort room. Just as I was about to enter, my toe hit the edge of the door frame, which made me mumble an incoherent string of curse words.

Jesus Christ. Stupid toe.

After finally relieving myself, I walked over to my bed and tucked myself into the blanket. I badly wanted to go home and hide under my Spongebob covers and eat popcorn while 'Once Upon A Time' on Netflix was playing. At least, my mom left the laptop on the table.

I immediately opened it to watch some Netflix shows.

*****

After a week, I was finally discharged. Yay for me.

As soon as I stepped through the doors of hell itself or commonly known as school, people have been shooting me surprised looks probably because they thought I survived the mafia attack or that I wasn't suspended anymore. I resisted the urge to give them a teasing smile while trying to tell them, 'I'm back bitches!'. 

Students pathetically whispered to themselves. I hummed to the song of LANY's Malibu Nights which was blasting through my earphones while walking towards my locker. I shove all the books I brought inside and took out my history book.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Jordan walking with some of his friends and I noticed he still had the knee brace on. We met gazes and he threw me a smirk as he walked in my direction.

And the brat gave me a bone-crushing hug.

"Fuck, careful! It still hurts," I winced because he squished my arm and body.

He immediately let go, realizing his mistake, and mumbled, "I'm so sorry, I forgot about it," he looked at me with a sheepish smile as he scratched the back of his head. I shrugged it off not until Malibu Barbie and her faithful minions blocked my way.

"Well would you look at that, the two-timing bitch," she said while she and her annoying servants threw looks of disgust at me. I really wanted to slap that annoying expression off her face to wake her up from her Wade fantasies.

"I would love to slap you, but that would be animal abuse," I smirked before I could stop myself from making the remark. I heard 'oooh' and 'burn' from the small crowd that was already forming around our area.

"You want another broken arm?" She sneered. I scoffed and mustered up an icy glare. I suddenly remembered that I was Elizabeth. Okay, that's enough fighting back for today, I'll get my time soon.

"Nerd, you think you're so clever but let's face it, you're the loser here," she snapped while crossing her arms over her chest. I held back a laugh at her comeback. I took a step closer to her which caught her off guard as her eyes clouded with fear which made me smirk in my every glory.

"I hope you fall into a sea of piranhas or better yet, step on a fucking lego. Better watch you're back, missy," I whispered which gave her chills but was quickly masked with annoyance.

"Or at least you should eat makeup, at least you'll be pretty on the inside then," I added.

"Ugh, you're so not worth my time," she threw me one last glare as she flipped her hair over her shoulder and passed by me, purposely hitting my shoulder in the process.

Then why bother talking to me in the first place? And with that, I marched my way to my next class and gave a fake smile to all the people glancing at me. Jordan caught up with me as we walked side by side.

"What happened to the nerdy Elizabeth? She wasn't snarky like you are now," he teased.

"She's dying," I muttered as we both entered the classroom.

*****

"Can you please stop poking me with a pencil?" I hissed as I shot a glare at Jordan who was sitting next to me.

He just shot me a downward smile in return. "So, have you seen your boyfriend yet?" he asked as he plays with his pencil.

I haven't seen Wade today and that didn't mean I was looking for him. But where could that monkey asshat be? He didn't drop by my house in the morning so we could drive to school together like we usually do. I suddenly remembered that Wade was in this class.

I glanced around but I didn't find the familiar mop of blonde hair among the students.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Wade came bursting inside the classroom breathing heavily like he ran a twenty-six-mile marathon with his hair sticking in all directions and sweating like he had gone to the gym.

"Mr. Johnson, glad that you have finally decided to join our class, see you later at detention," Ms. Fields spatted as she glared at Wade.

I swear to heavens that if that lady spoke like that again, her dentures might fall off any time now. Which would be pretty damn funny for this boring class.

Wade glanced at the room and his eyes landed on me. He walked over and sat on the seat behind me. I hastily looked away and tried to focus my attention on Ms. Field's lecture.

"Hey Johnson, Liz here has been looking for you all morning," Jordan said with a teasing smile.

"I was not!" I hissed as I glared at him. "She was, she almost had a catfight with Charlotte earlier," He added.

"My dad told me to drop something off somewhere early in the morning that's why I was late," Wade replied as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Are you going to Wilson's party tomorrow?" Jordan asked me as he shot a wink at some girl who was staring at him the whole time during class.

"I'd rather eat some ice cream and binge-watch Grey's Anatomy."

I rolled my eyes. It's been over a few years since I last came to a school party mostly because I never wanted to be there and would rather do other things aside from grinding and making out with sweaty drunk teenagers.

"Come on, Jess. Just this one time, let's parteeeeey!" Jordan danced with nonexistent music. I think he forgot we were still in class.

"Mr. Cameron Lee, detention!" Ms. Fields' voice boomed across the room and all heads turned in Jordan's direction. "Oh shoot, my bad. Sorry, Ms. Fields."

He threw them a downward smile as he scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. She just shook her head in disappointment and continued her boring discussion.

******

I groaned as I walked to my next class alongside with Wade and freaking annoying Jordan frackin' Choi who kept shooting me teasing glances as he and Wade talked about Wilson's party with occasional bickering about who will win the playoffs between Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers. It's been like this pretty much every day since we all had identical schedules.

Jordan also kept bugging me all day, questioning me like a plague about my feelings for Wade.

"Will you ever shut up?" I whispered as I snapped in his direction and he just gave me a goofy smile.

"Not until you admit it," he replied with a wink. I sighed in frustration because I knew what was next. I ignored him and walked faster than the group. I was not having a good day, partly because I woke up falling off the bed with my face slamming the floor of my bedroom because of a stupid nightmare of me being kicked out of the agency, Mr. Snot Master almost sneezed at my face during science class, Charlotte and her minions kept pestering me with their existence and making it known to me get out of Wade's sight, and Jordan who was very intent on me admitting I like like Wade.

The only good thing that happened today was that I dropped by the office early in the morning to get my cast removed and it took me a couple of hours before I could make it functional again.

I'm not sure if Wade has been really cheesy lately. He was less rude and cocky than he was way back when I first met him and occasionally opens my passenger door like a gentleman that it made me blush.

I had to cautiously reply and act before I jeopardize this friendship and stick to the bodyguard-heir relationship, which will definitely spare my feelings.

I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose and looked at the two exasperatedly. After 45,743 seconds, their undivided attention turned towards me, who is about to explode in a minute and I probably need someone to diffuse it as soon as possible.

Can you all just shut the fuck up? Just let me have my peace today," I groaned as I shot them a glare.

"Woah, someone's having a bad day," Jordan muttered. I turned to him and softly punched his arm, which made him wince.

Once satisfied with my non-verbal comeback, I return to walking as the two trailed behind me and I received several glares and snorts from the people around that seemed to be directed at me.

I somehow managed to keep a straight face as I walked to my seat in class and the boys dispersed as soon as I glanced behind my back.

I sat down and fiddled with my perfectly sharpened pencil between my fingers rather as Mrs. Hayes begins her lecture, repeatedly emphasized something I couldn't understand while tapping her mighty stick of justice on the board.

I glanced around the room and landed on a familiar pair of blue orbs staring back at me, which made me shift uncomfortably in my seat.

"What are you staring at?" I mouthed while raising one of my eyebrows which took him by surprise because it looked like he was lost in trance but quickly masked it with his cold dark stare.

I just wasn't in the mood, at all. Did I forget to tell you that I almost had my arm broken again because I almost fell down by missing a step on the last third step of the stairs earlier?

I guess luck wasn't scheduled for me today and I was taking out all of my anger on people which I knew wasn't right.

The most awaited last bell of the day rang signaling the end of school and I mentally smacked myself for being grouchy and snappy earlier. It must be because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed literally, which made me a bit more cranky than usual, and because of Charlotte and her annoying minions who keeps telling me to stay away from Wade.

I glanced at him who threw me a cold stare as he quickly disappeared from the room.

I quickly walk out of the room to look for the familiar pair of blue eyes. Once I found him, I walked toward him and placed my hand on his shoulder. He seemed to stiffen by my touch and turned to look at me.

"What is it, Ms. Grouchy Pants?" he asked with a flat look. I ran a hand through my face and turned to him with an apologetic look. I was pretty much not a ball of sunshine and rainbows.

"I'm sorry for being bitchy today," I muttered shyly as I looked at the ground like it was the most fascinating thing in the world. I was not good with apologies, blame my pride, but sometimes guilt seemed to take over justly.

"What? I can't hear you," he replied with the tune of the bearded pirate in Spongebob Squarepants.

What a geek. I groaned and replied, "Well, too bad you're deaf, asshat," I muttered under my breath and crossed my arms. No way will I ever repeat that again. I had to swallow up that big pride and he didn't hear it?!

"Okay, then," he said as he turned his heel to walk away.

Okay, fine.

"Hey, wait!" I caught up with him and gave him a smug look. "Look, I said I was sorry," I repeated as I saw his blue eyes spark with a mischievous glint. He returned me a lopsided smile as he put an arm around my waist and we walked towards his car. I felt my stomach make unexplainable backflips at his action.

"Excuse me, sir, but get your arm off before I chop your balls," I said as I glared at him and he just smirked, didn't let go and continued walking.

We passed by Malibu Barbie and her minions, dumb and dumber, and they shot me daggers that could possibly burn a hole until the back of my head.

*****

"I'm going to say this again for the last time, can you please go to the party with me? You haven't answered my question yet," Wade for the nth time asked as he exasperatedly scratched his head in annoyance. We were driving our way back to his house.

I haven't experienced a real high school party since I was not invited to one and from what I hear from others, it wasn't a pleasant experience as they say. I'd rather stay in the comfort of my home. But both he and Jordan have been bugging me about going to this stupid party.

I give up, so in order for them to stop bothering me for this stupid party, I just nodded in reply. His eyes lit up in happiness and gave me a big cute smile. Or at least I found it cute.

I cleared my throat to prevent my cheeks from further reddening and looked away. Even his smile had an effect on me.

This is not good.

A/N

Hello, lovelies! I can't believe it! I love you all so much, I mean 90k reads? 😍 Thanks fam! It'll take a few days before I publish a new chapter because I'm now working full time and everything's been crazy with my taekwondo competitions coming up. Wish me luck!

What do you think of this chapter? Let me know in the comments! ❤️

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

3.1K 414 33
the person you think of when you stand in front of the ocean. that's the person you are in love with. ************** Crystal nights. Crystal tea...
329K 10.5K 51
"Everyone has their own bubble. They get wrapped up in their own lives, tangling certain people up with them in their maybe perfect life. Or maybe th...
208K 9K 68
The Nerd. Natalie Watson. Straight A student,plain girl,quiet,reserved. She lives her life one day at a time,with a loving mother, a far away best fr...
2.5M 112K 50
❝ A sniper doesn't always need a partner, they just need someone to give the signal. ❞ Going solo gave you a lot to ponder on, especially given a mis...