My Paid Boyfriend

By RealityCheck101

*Book 1 of 2* Sky McKay is beautiful, talented, smart and in her second year in college. Her older brother, D... More

Chapter 1- When Pigs Fly
Chapter 2- New York Bound
Chapter 3- Stroll Down Memory Lane
Chapter 4- Should've Stayed Single
Chapter 5- Reception Dinner Conflicts
Chapter 6- Steal My Show
Chapter 7- Night Cap Revilement
Chapter 8- The Morning of Wedding Bells
Chapter 10- Marry Me
Chapter 11- Realization
Chapter 12- Unfinished Sentences
Chapter 13- Love is Free
Chapter 14- When Watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S
Chapter 15- I'll Always Remember You
Chapter 16- The Hardest Goodbye
Chapter 17- It's Time To Start Living
Chapter 18- Drunk Talk
Chapter 19- Kill Them With Kindness
Book 2!!

Chapter 9- Wedding Preperations

114K 3.3K 583
By RealityCheck101

My Paid Boyfriend

Chapter 9- Wedding Preparations

I revealed my dress out of the bag that it was carried in. The material was soft as I ran my fingers down it, the color was unique and I loved it. The dress was simply beautiful if not more. The sweetheart bodice had a few darker gems that outlined just the front of the dress in a V shape. The bodice was almost a lace material but with a sheer criss cross that meet in the middle with an embroidered and accented waistband that would clinch my curves. The A-lined skirt cascaded to the ground in sheer material. The dress is a pretty blue but not a dark blue; I couldn't exactly tell you what the color looked like. To me it didn't look like a baby blue but it wasn't a normal blue either. It was like Cinderella's blue I guess.

I looked at the time on my phone. The countdown reminded me that there was barely an hour to spare. I grinned at my dress one last time touching the fabric lightly with my fingertips before going into the next room to check on the bubbly bride. The hair dresser was still working on her hair, waving and curling some ends. Next to her products on her work space was a little plastic case of sparkling silver dust, some shiny clips and the hair piece of her veil. I grabbed the camera off one of the tables and started snapping pictures of Charlie getting her hair done. She smiled when she noticed; the others came out in a candid look.

"You look glowing." I whispered to her as we both stared at her reflection in the mirror. She smiled a thank you and taking a deep breath. I kissed her cheek lightly hopping I didn't ruin both our makeup. I sauntered over to the other room grabbing my phone that wouldn't stop ringing. Picking up I had to roll my eyes and already start making my way to the door, "Hello." I greeted opening the door of the hotel room- "Flowers are here!" I shouted walking around the guy with a box of flowers.

"Want to meet me in the lobby?" Jeremy asked.

"Is it time to leave already?" I asked leaning against the wall.

"No but I was missing your smart ass remarks and teasing." He chuckled.

"Sorry hotshot, rules are rules. Charlie said no mingling with the guys until we get to the church. And I'm counting on you to make sure everyone is leaving on time and before us. So you know my brother doesn't get a sneak peek of his bride beforehand." I reminded hopefully. Knowing my brother I knew he’d try to find some way to leave someone behind and take a picture and send it to him or hide behind a bush to see her. Danny doesn't like surprised, good or bad.

Jeremy sighed extensively, "Fine, fine I will. Everyone will be out of here by four thirty." He promised.

"And we'll be right behind you once you leave." I said. I sighed closing my eyes and crossing my legs together. I was a little nervous now to be honest. Walking down the aisle in front of friends and family scared me. I was afraid that I'd walk to slow or too fast or even trip on the fabric of my dress, "Can I ask you something?" I wondered trying to get my mind off it.

"What is it?" He responded curiously.

"You said you couldn't fall asleep last night. What kept you up?" I questioned, smiling to the flower delivery guy who walked out of the room with a curt nod. I grinned, nodding back and I listened to Jeremy chuckle.

"Well why not be a little rebel and come down to the lobby. And then I'll tell you." He bargained.

I giggled shaking my head as I looked back to the closed hotel room door, "Charlie would have my ass you know." I reminded, biting my lower lip.

"Your ass will be fine." He chuckled, "Just come down, two minutes that's all." He pleaded.

Sighing I looked back at the door and darted my eyes to the elevators doors, "Why do you want to get me in trouble?" I whined walking my way quickly to the elevator. I press the button walking in and pressing the lobby button to go down.

"I'm not! Don’t make a big deal out of it. Are you coming down or not? I still have a suit to put on." He said.

I stepped out the elevator doors poking my head out, "Nope I'm not leaving." I said spotting him pacing in small circles with his phone to his ear. 

"Then I'm going back up." He growled. I saw him turn towards the elevators. I quickly stepped back in holding the door open with the button.

"Fine then, I'll see you at the chu- you sneaky little rebel!" He laughed seeing me in the elevator waiting for him with my phone to my ear.

I laughed as he joined me and went to press the number seven on the pad. I had already pressed the numbers one through eight; giving us more time in the elevator.  I laughed leaning back on the railing on the back wall staring at him.

"So I came now you answer my question." I reminded with a smirk. 

"Oh yeah, I forgot about your question." He winced rubbing the back of his neck, "Uh, your question. And my answer is lots of things."

"That's not a clear answer." I spoke shaking my head with my arms crossed. The door opened to the second floor and then closed when no one came in.

"Well that's all you’re going to get for now." He teased sticking his tongue at me.

I stuck mine right back at him, "Made me break the rules and get no reasonable answer. You are mean Jeremy Coleman." I stated looking away with a huff.

He laughed, "I'm just creating mystery, sunshine." I turned my head around to his smirking face when the elevator doors opened again to the third floor and closed when I pressed the button.

Is it really bad to say right now that I had a huge craving to make out with Jeremy right now? I just really wanted a hungry and lustful make out session with him. My body was just radiating heat and I just want to throw myself at him and kiss him. Ugh! Girl problems, the struggle is so real!

“You’ve got some kind of look in your eye.” Jeremy commented eyeing me carefully, “What are you thinking about, sunshine?” He smirked, leaning closer to me with his arms crossed over his broad chest.

“What kind of look is in my eye?” I tested, with my head tilted to the side and a narrow look. The door open and someone almost stepping in then noticed that we were going up and not down.

“It’s a lustful look.” He chuckled in a smooth seductive voice when the elevator door closed. His coffee colored eyes flickered down to my lips so quickly that it just looked like he blinked.

My lips slowly turned at the corners as I looked up at him, “You wish it was lust.” I whispered, not going to let him believe that it was exactly the evil thoughts I was having in my head.

“I know its lust, sunshine; whether you tell me it is or not.” He chuckled deeply with a huge smile on his face. We stared down each other for quite some time, at least when the elevator doors opened and closed two more times, “All you have to do is ask for a kiss. I’d be happy to oblige.” He leered, whispering in my ear. His warm breath tickled my skin and that craving for his lips to be on mine became stronger with his offer.

The door dinged again as I chuckled leaning forward to whisper in his ear, “You missed your floor hotshot, and keep dreaming.” I walked off the elevator with a wave when it struck me. I put my hand on the elevator door stopping it from shutting close, “The reason you couldn’t fall asleep last night, was it because you were dreaming about that kiss.”

His cheeks turned a light shade of red and so did the tips of his ears. His hands went deep in his pockets as he looked at me with his signature smirk he’s been wearing all day, “Don’t be so full of yourself, sunshine.” I gave him a wink as I walked away. I totally busted him.

When I walked into the hotel room all the bridesmaids were lined up in their pastel purple dresses and nude heels or flats. Charlie clapped her hands smiling, “You’re all looking, fabulous!” She sang lightly jumping up and down with little giggles. She spun around looking at me with a gawking expression, “Sky, why aren’t you in your dress yet!” She exclaimed disapprovingly.

“I was just taking a walk to clear my head-”

“Ah, Ah- I don’t care. Good for you, now go put on your dress!” She ordered, ushering me to a room.

“I will! I wouldn’t be talking. Where’s your dress?!” I stuttered, turning half way around to find her still in sweats and a tank top.

“I am right after you. Now go, go!” She told clapping her hands. I giggled skipping over to my dress and stripping my clothes off for the dress. Once I put on the silver heels that matched I fixed the dress while looking at myself in the mirror. A smile formed on my lips as I checked myself and walked out of the door to show everyone. Macy gasped from the other side of the room while holding a champagne glass; coincidentally it matched her long dress.

“Skylar you look so beautiful.” She gushed grabbing onto my hand looking over me, “That color is beautiful on you sweetheart.” In awe she looked over me and pulled me to the table that Charlie was once sitting at doing her hair and makeup, “You just need to do something about this lovely curly hair of yours now. Sebastian, can you come here and do something about Sky’s hair.” Macy directed over to the hairdresser who was now drinking champagne as wellwhilst talking to Charlie’s mom, Clair.

“Oh darling you have beautiful hair and with a dress just as stunning you need to look good!” Sebastian said while walking over to play with my hair. I had to hold in a laugh because I’ve meet several gay people in my life, but Sebastian was now on the top of that list. If you ever watched Project Runway and have heard some of those guys talk its exactly like Sebby boy right here was talking and I couldn’t help but want to laugh! I didn’t want to be rude, but it was true. I wish I had more gay friends; they’re the funniest people to be with, “Darling, I think you’d be so sexy if I just did a simple headband braid and then you leave the rest of your hair down all curled. You’d look fabulous darling, I’m telling you. People will talk and men will fall on their knees for you.” He advised and I had to hold back the biggest smile my lips wanted to give out.

He’s too gay to function. I laughed to myself remembering that famous movie quote.

“Seb, I think that would be fabulous.” I agreed smiling.

He clapped his hands grabbing the comb as he went to work, “Oh I said you would look fabulous darling but there’s still no way you’d up two the bride. That creation will even have straight women falling on their knees for her.” He informed with a sassy snap of his fingers.

Ok I couldn’t hold it in anymore; I had to laugh.

Once Sebastian was done braiding my hair he took little plastic diamond pins of some sort and placed them in the middle of the crook in each of my braid. I counted twelve little diamonds; the braid was different than what I expected. Seb had parted my hair off to the side a bit and then French braided one side of my head and then the other then pinning the ends at the back of my head with a small diamond barrette.

“That looks very nice Sebastian.” I complimented, admiring the braid work to my dark hair, “Maybe I should bring you to College so you can do my hair every morning.” I joked looking at him in the mirror.

“Are there any cute guys going there?” He asked raising his eyebrow almost accepting the deal.

I chuckled shrugging my shoulder. Before I could answer him properly I was saved by Charlie's grand entrance. Breath taken wouldn't be able to begin to describe Charlie. After everyone gushing over her for a good twenty minutes and two shots of tequila from the bride later, it was all time to pile into the limo. My brother would be getting married to this beautiful bride in one hour.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Sky's dress, hair, and shoes to the side. 

Comment! Vote! FAN!-XOLuvKylie&Kelsey

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

589K 17.8K 37
"Cornelia, let's make a deal. You will be my fake girlfriend for 3 months. And I will pay you 30 million dollars for your service, how is that?" "I r...
3.1M 78.1K 23
BOOK 2! **Must read My Paid Boyfriend before reading this!** You know the story of Jeremy and Sky. How Sky left Jeremy thinking it was better for hi...
1.1M 37.9K 29
(Book 2) *Contains spoilers below* "I needed more closure than what you gave me." I half lied. "It feels like an open wound someone keeps pourin...
5.6K 194 19
"It all started with a simple bet. I never thought that a tiny piece of paper would change my entire life." As eighteen-year-old Sky Dunbroch struggl...