disconnected | c.r [1]

By -angryfeminist

โI admit I'm a bit of a victim in the worldwide system too, But I've found my sweet escape when I'm a... More

00.
EPIGRAPH
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.

11.

2.7K 97 55
By -angryfeminist

dummy 💓:
you haven't talked to me in over a week

dummy 💓:
syd come on

Sydney had had no other scene besides the sequence with Katelyn where they ventured out into the woods in the whole episode, and Chandler hadn't had anymore scenes, having wrapped up in one day. They'd started filming the second episode, but up until where they were, Sydney only had scenes with Lauren, and Chandler only had scenes with Katelyn and Melissa.

Sydney had been basically ignored him for the past week. They hadn't talked because she was afraid. Afraid of his reaction, afraid of what would ensue, afraid of rejection. So, she didn't talk to him, up until today. Because today, they have a scene together. And she's not too sure on how to handle it.

dummy 💓:
we're shooting together today
you're gonna have to talk to me eventually

Sydney still got the notifications- she genuinely could not bring herself to block him- but she didn't read his texts. She couldn't, she knows she'd answer. And the fear that bubbles in the back of her stomach whenever she even thinks of his name stops her from reaching out.

It hurts her to do this, and most people have noticed. She Skyped Thea, who immediately scolded her for ignoring him. The smirk that had appeared on her face when her friend told her what had happened fell, her eyes wide, before she started ranting. "What? No! Talk to him, what are you doing?" She spit the words out quickly, not masking her anger.

"I can't. Tee, I can't." Sydney replied, looking down. She fidgeted as her friend watched her intently through the screen.

The tone on the blonde's voice made the brunette's eye soften, her voice more tentative as she spoke up, after a few moments of comfortable silence. "You're scared." She observed, the blonde hesitating before nodding. "Is it because of Eli-" The blonde cuts her off.

"I don't think so. Not anymore." She mutters, shaking her head.

"You really like him, don't you?"

"Yeah. I do."

_

She avoided him when she got to set, locking herself in her trailer until she was called. She wasn't alone, though. Having no idea what to do, with her heart hammering heavily in her chest, she texted a friend.

MESSAGE TO katie 😊:

sydney 😄:
can u help me with something?
i'm in my trailer btw

katie 😊:
sure 🙂

The brunette showed up a couple minutes later, knocking on the door softly. She smiled once Sydney opened the door, but as she saw her face, the smile dropped. "What's wrong?" She asked softly, as she walked inside.

Sydney quickly put her friend up to speed, the brunette listening attentively. She stayed silent until Sydney finished talking, the blonde pacing around the room as she talked, constantly running her hands through her hair. "I don't know what to do. My brother doesn't really seem to care, Thea keeps giving me shit about this, and I'm still scared." She shrugs, finally stopping to stand in front of her friend, who's sitting down on the couch. "What do you think I should do?" She asks, biting her lip.

"Honestly? Talk to him." She says, the blonde sighing. "You don't want to hear that, you want someone to tell you that you're making the right choice. But, you're not. It's not fair, for you or him. Just set things straight." Katelyn shrugs, Sydney nodding.

She looks at the clock on the wall, sighing once more. "Gonna have to, whether I want to or not." She says. And, not even five minutes later, they get called outside.

She's wearing a blue tank top with blood splatter all over it, same with her black jeans, and a lot of stray hairs have fallen out of her messy ponytail. With some more fake blood splattered across her cheeks, she is ready to shoot.

_

It doesn't take them too long to film. Sydney's already filmed her scenes with Lauren and has yet to film the scene where she and Carl find Enid's note. But, for now, she's done. They redo the scenes a few times and once they're wrapped up with that, the blonde tries to go back to her trailer without alarming anyone.

It doesn't work out, though, since Chandler is the first person next to her. "We have to talk." He tells her, a serious look on his face. She fails to hold back a sigh and, he stops her before she even starts protesting. "Syd, please."

The look on his face alone is enough for her to nod. He drags her by the hand to her trailer, closing the door behind her, before speaking up.

"Why are you ignoring me?" He asks, the girl's face bearing a mixture of guilt and something he can't quite pinpoint. Maybe regret. Her eyes shift to everywhere but him as she fidgets.

"I- I didn't mean to." She says, her voice so small it even shocks herself. Sydney-Marie is loud and big, she makes herself heard at all times, so it's more than unusual for her to feel this small. "Not at first. I'm sorry." She apologizes, her eyes lowered to the ground as she talks, her hair covering half of her face.

"That still doesn't explain why you're ghosting me." Chandler mutters, keeping his gaze on Sydney even when she won't look back at him.

"Because I'm scared, okay?" She blurts out, not thinking her words through. She finally looks up at him as she talks, wishing she hadn't when she notices the confusion on his face. "Last time I got involved with a friend, it didn't end up so well."

She had dated actor Elijah Rogers for a little over a year before they had a messy break up. They'd known each other for about three years, having met on a set for a music video she starred in. They became friends and started dating after two years of friendship, having broken up due to him cheating on her.

Sydney was surprisingly okay. Everyone had expected her to lock herself in her room and not come out for anything, but the girl was fine. She was visibly sad but less than what was expected.

Still, she felt terrible. Her trust had been broken by who she considered her first love, and it hurt. She knew, though, that their relationship had passed its expiration date a while before he did what he did, and that she was just holding onto someone who did not deserve her.

Thea, her brother, and their family friend, Jax, helped her through the break up, and the blonde threw herself into her work. She didn't write about Elijah as much as she wanted to, not wanting to stay in such a hurtful past, instead writing about her friends.

She scrapped every single song she had written about him from her album and produced new ones, including 'Disconnected', 'Beside You', and 'Blue'. All of the songs are indeed love songs, but none of them are with Elijah in mind. She's still recording her new album, but she knows no songs are gonna be about her first relationship.

Chandler's face falls as he sees the look in her eyes as she remembers her past boyfriend, and he doesn't say anything.

Instead, he presses his lips to hers, the girl being taken back. He holds her close to him as she kisses him back, hands tangled in her hair as she grips his shirt. "I wouldn't do that. I'm not like that." He says once they pull away, her looking up at him.

"I know." She says, voice barely above a whisper, closing her eyes out of habit as he presses a small kiss to her forehead.

"So, we're cool?" He asks, a small smile now on his face.

She nods, her expression mirroring his. "We're cool."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 1K 31
Nell has lost everyone she ever loved. She witnessed her little brother getting tore to shreds right in front of her eyes. And to make things worse...
64.6K 1.7K 55
i looked at him as a friend until i realized i loved him -#98 Daryl Dixon (2/14/24) -#35 Daryl Dixon Fanfiction (1/9/24) -#106 The Walking Dead (4/28...
22.1K 185 23
I'll update as I can, may not be consistent but what I lack in punctuality i make up for in good writing i promise I'm not sure exactly what I'm gonn...
12.3K 641 30
ใ€Ž I'm sorry but I fell in love tonight I didn't mean to fall in love tonight ใ€ Sabrina Rhodes has known hardship her entire life, with an abusive fat...