How to be a Housemaid

By gingerbread250

[Completed] New Highest Ranking #7 in Historical Fiction: After a shaky past of arranged marriages and abuse... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
The Aftermath

Chapter Sixteen

17.1K 916 33
By gingerbread250

Millicent wiped her face, shoving her remaining clothes into her small travel bag. Annabelle was silently helping her to pack. She lifted the gorgeous blue ball gown from the chair. "Don't you want to take this with you?"

Millicent smiled and handed it back to Annabelle. "Why don't you keep it? A little something to remember me by."

"Oh, Millie..." Annabelle cried, throwing her arms around her.

Millicent hugged her back before pushing the clingy girl off of her. She would miss Annabelle being so clingy and annoying. She picked up her bag and coat, heaving a long sigh. "Well, it was nice knowing you Annabelle. Goodbye."

Annabelle stood at the door, tears running down her cheeks. Millicent hurried from the house as fast as her feet would carry her. She was determined to leave all her memories behind with it. She would forget about Annabelle, the ball, and even Theodore. She would forget everything and start again. She had done it before, so she could be strong once more.

Millicent paused midway down the path to the stagecoach awaiting her to turn around. She wanted to take one last peek at the manor. She smiled, a tear slipping down her cheek. Millicent turned back around and headed forward. It was the only direction she could go as she started her new life.

Copyright © 2016 by Rosanna Parker

All Rights Reserved

Author's Note

I appreciate you reading and voting for my story! Thank you for all of the support so far!

Rosanna Parker

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

916K 43.4K 48
Born a slave, made an heiress, Annabelle must battle a society unwilling to accept her and a love that threatens to ruin her in order to keep her fre...
1.7M 69.2K 29
After a disastrous first season in London, Rose Wilde finds herself torn between two men who love her -- but who both hide secrets that could ruin he...
65K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
394K 21.8K 27
A FEATURED STORY IN HISTORICAL FICTION HIGHEST RANKING #7 in HISTORICAL FICTION --- Ellie had been undercover for most of her life. She had been a pi...