"Beauty and the Beast"

By bananabread

OK so this is the classic story written my way. Adam is cursed and is is searching for a way to break the spe... More

"Beauty and the Beast"
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Explanation of the 3rd POV
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue

Chapter 21

18.1K 592 24
By bananabread

Hey! sorry it took so long but i was stuck! ow it is flowing nicely and the next update will be coming soon because i cannot leave it at this!!!

Recap: Martin was injured and Faith is waiting for him to go home. He wants her to stay in the village while she wants to go for a visit and come back to 'Lewis' (who is actually Adam but he has yet to get the guts to tell her who he really is) :P While back home Melanie is getting reacquainted with the village.

Melanie:

It had not taken long to learn that while she had been away Charity’s family had earned a respectable reputation here. Charity and Patience had always seemed so shallow and materialistic but they have grown up, at least Charity has. Poor Patience has fallen into Victor’s trap. Melanie knew that if something did not happen and soon, Patience would end up much like she had, used and thrown away.  When Melanie had realized this she had made it her goal to take her under her wing.

Victor had not been too much trouble since the scene with Caleb when they had first arrived but Melanie knew better then to hope that he would back down. His pride has been tarnished and Patience had been kept away from him. He was just biding his time.

Since arriving home, I have had more drama in my life then I ever remember having, even initially after the episode with Victor…

Back to the story:

Faith walked up to Martin’s room and knocked. It had been three days since he arrived and he was completely healed. An injury like his normally would have taken weeks to heal but Lenora had a gift. She explained that fairies wielded the magic of remedy.

“Yes?” A voice called out from the room.

“Martin? Are you ready?” She had not finished speaking when the door swung wide open. Martin’s torn and bloody clothes had been replaced with a fine new tunic and britches, much to Martin’s dismay. He refused to accept anything from ‘Lewis’. It hurt Faith that he still held a contempt toward her host. He also spent all their time together attempting to convince her to remain at the village. She just could no longer think of it as her home, the palace was her home now.

“Yes! I cannot wait to be out of here!” Faith let out a defeated sigh and led the way to the front room. Placing her bag in front of the grand entry she strode to the huge ornate doors of the throne room. She knew that is where she could always find ‘Lewis’.

“Lewis?” She called out as they entered the dark room. She shook her head and began opening the curtains to let in the light. Lewis needs to stop this brooding darkness! He lives in it in more ways then one… She looked around the room and saw him at the far end, staring at the portrait of the last king, his human form from long ago. Sometimes Faith wondered if ‘Lewis’ even remembered being human. This curse has been with him so long that he believes himself more a beast then human. “Lewis, we are leaving.” That seemed to pull him out of his stupor. He let out a toothy smile and came over.

“I have something for your journey,” he said as he handed Faith a carefully wrapped parcel. “Are you certain you do not want me to come along?” Faith really did want him to go, she felt safe in that dank forest with him by her side. However, with Martin’s arrival, Faith thought it best not to stir the pot any more. She had told him last night that she thought it best if Martin escorted her back to the village… without him. This was not the first time that ‘Lewis’ had tried to convince her to let him come along just to ensure her safety.

“I promise to behave; I shall not even speak to Martin if that would please you. I just do not want you to go out there without me… go where I can not protect you,” he had said to her. His eyes were pleading with her that she almost gave in, only to hear Martin fighting with Gus over his new clothes. That had brought her back and she knew that a day of traveling with the two of them would be torture.

“No, Martin will escort me back and in three days I shall come find you.” Martin let out a snort behind her. Faith swiveled around to give him a hard glare. He simply offered her an innocent smile that Faith did not buy for a second. When she turned back to ‘Lewis’, she saw his eager, yet anxious, expression looking toward the present he had given her.  Laughing, she opened up the box. She was vaguely aware of Martin behind her but her attention was pulled back to the wrapped box. Opening the parcel, Faith let out a gasp. Inside was a beautiful deep red cloak embroidered with roses. With it was a sliver chain with a rose pendent.

“Lewis, they are beautiful. I love it,” she said softly, still staring at the necklace. ‘Lewis’ took it in his paw and turned Faith to wrap it around her neck.

“Faith, we should go if we want to reach home before dark.” Martin’s voice was harsh. Faith cringed a little and saw the smile on ‘Lewis’ face falter.

“He is right. You should be on your way,” he replied as he helped Faith with her new clock. It surrounded her like a safety net. It gave her the feeling of protection she had only felt in the presence of three people, her mother, sister, and ‘Lewis’.

“Three days.” She looked up at ‘Lewis’ and went on the tops of her toes to give him a quick peck on the fuzzy cheek. His dark brown fur tickled her and she let out a small giggle before she was wrenched backward by Martin.

“He knows. Now we are leaving!” Martin growled while sending ‘Lewis’ a death glare. Faith shook Martin off and frowned at him. He ignored her disapproval and trekked out of the palace and into the forest, pausing only long enough to grab Faith’s bag she had set down.

The wind outside was still biting cold, the winter months leaving their mark. Martin trudged ahead and Faith struggled to keep pace. She stayed silent until the palace was well hidden by the trees, about ten minutes later, until she could not hold her anger in check any longer.

“You had no right to treat him as such!!! He has been nothing but a kind host to you and you all but scorn the very sight of him!!!” The heat in her voice was enough to frighten anyone.

“You have no right to act so comfortable with him!!! He is a beast!!! Nothing more and nothing less. A mindless beast that has killed more times then I care to recount to you!” His voice was icy but Faith also heard a desperation in it. She knew the rumors that surrounded his sister’s leave and understood his need to keep that disgrace from falling on anyone else but how could he think that would become of her as well? He did not understand…

“Martin, you never gave him a chance. Every time he attempted civility you were the one to act as a beast. He cares for me. He may have made mistakes in the past but you do not understand. His life… he needs me with him. And I need him,” Faith tried to explain. She pulled the cloak closer to herself and the slight chill vanished from around her.

“Why do you defend him so? What could you possible hope to achieve from staying by his side? You will never have a normal life in that accursed place.” Faith knew there was truth in his words but she could not give up hope that the Femme Fatale would see his change and lift the curse…

They walked together in silence after that. The further they went the darker and gloomier it became. The imposing trees encased them and shut out the sun shinning above. The walk to the village would take a day’s travel and Lenora had given them some food to eat as the walked.

Adam was concerned what would happen to Faith out in the Black Woods. He knew Martin was out there with her and he had seen how much Martin cared for Faith. Yet he was still injured and would not be able to fight off any attacks that may befall them.

“Calm down milord. You are controller of the forest. If anything were to happen you would know.” Lenora tried her best to reassure him. It calmed him vaguely but the stress was not gone. He knew something was coming… something was brewing on the horizon.

Melanie was pacing the floor. There had been reports that the Old Palace of the past Kings had been sighted and Martin and Faith could have taken refuge there. However, a path to the castle had not been found. The hunters could not get within a hundred paces of it. But this is a hope! A hope that Faith and Martin are still alive and well! But… what of the beast? The hunters may not have been bothered by him yet but he still lurks within the shadows of the trees. No! Thinking morbid thoughts will not help anyone! A knock pulled Melanie out of her brooding.

“Yes? Who is it?” She called out, keeping the worry from her voice. The door opened and revealed a red-eyed Charity. Melanie quickly stood and ran over to the young woman. “Charity! What is it? Is all okay?” It took her a moment to gather herself together enough to answer and the tension that was clear in Melanie’s new friend was killing her.

“The scouts the hunters left to keep an eye on the old palace saw the beast! He prowls the abandoned halls. They believe Faith and Martin to be dead! They said there was no way that they could have gotten passed that… thing!” Tears were falling fresh again as Charity finished telling the latest news.

“The Beast? But the hunters said that they had not seen a sign from it all season! How could this be?” Melanie fell back into the chair she had just vacated to greet Charity. This cannot be! If Martin were gone I would know! Surly I would! We cannot give up hope! “No! No, this is not the end it! Martin and Faith are still out there! I just know it!” Charity shook her head.

“There is more. The hunters have gathered together and decided to rid the Black Woods of its curse. They are planning to attack the Beast’s hideaway. They plan to kill the Beast.” Kill the Beast… To be rid of that plague forever… Never to fear the Black Woods again…

“That is suicide. No one has ever encountered the Beast and lived!” Melanie wished for that curse to be taken out of this world more then anything but to risk even more lives over it…

“Victor is leading the attack…” Charity said softly and watched as Melanie froze.

“In that case… Let them go. To follow that fool then they deserve their fate.”

Hope watched in desperation as the hunters gathered their gear and headed out. Only a few more hours and Faith and Martin would be home! This entire situation could be avoided! “Please Femme Fatale! Allow me to help! This will only end in death and disaster! All that needs to happen is for the hunters to be delayed a short while!” Hope pleaded but her mentor would not hear of it, as usual.

“Absolutely not, Dame Magique! I have told you once and a thousand times before!” The Femme brushed her off but this was not a simple matter to be ignored, not anymore.

“This very well could end in a life or death choice. But it could be avoided if we were to intervene now!” One look at the Femme Fatale’s stone cold face and Hope knew it was a hopeless cause. “Then they are all doomed and you will do nothing. I thought you had the better of the people in mind.”

HEre you are! Please comment and voIt keeps me going! :P Thnk you for reading and putting up with my horrible updating skills!  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2 0 12
In a world where darkness threatens to consume the realms, Lilith, the chosen one, and her steadfast companion, Ace, embark on a journey to restore b...
410K 11.8K 24
[Y/n] has been deprived of her brother's love from the minute she was born. It only got worse when their parents died. The only form of love she ever...
127K 5.2K 24
A Mother's Last Words. A Brand New Town. A Secret Coven. Shayla Cooper is on the run. Her mother was killed in a fire of 'unknown' origins, or at lea...
308K 10.3K 15
Ella's always been a simple child. She didn't want anything other than a book in her hands and her brother by her side. When her brother finally figu...