Alpha Kaden | ✔️ (Published)

By Midika

*BOOK TWO* (Can he read as standalone) **THIS BOOK IS FULLY PUBLISHED NOW ON AMAZON. FIFTEEN CHAPTERS FROM TH... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Published!!!
Acknowledgements

Chapter Four

665K 21.5K 8.8K
By Midika

Word Count: 1821

~Mara

I wake up soundly and comfortably.

Instantly am aware of where I am though, and my heart sinks in my chest. I am being held captive in the Vengeance Pack. My enemy Pack....

I slid out of bed. Last night it was dark, and I saw nothing of my room. Today, my breath catches in my throat as I realise what my room looks like.

I stand up, and stumble around. This is my room. But it isn't. Everything I know and love in this room right now. I remember picking out the colour scheme, hanging all the portraits and choosing my duvet set. And it's all here.

I run to the door, by its locked.

I suddenly feel disorientated. Was this all a bad dream? Am I home?

I bang on the door. "Mum! Dad! It's me, let me out!"

There is no answer to my calls. I turn and look back at my room. Everything is the same. The grey carpet, the blue walls. I wander over the the photographs of my mother and father. They look so happy. A tear falls from my eye, and onto the glass, covering my mothers face.

I fall back into my bed, and close my eyes. I can't tell what is real, and what is fake. I can't tell if I'm at home, or in the Vengeance Pack. I fell like I'm floating in between realities.

This is his fault. Kaden.

This is another one of his games. He wants me to feel confused, because confused is vulnerable. Suddenly I hate even more than ever.

I stand, closing out the familiarity around me, and try the door again. This time it opens, but toward me. I stumble back, as someone enters.

A young man stands at the doorway, looking in. He looks like what most Pack members here look like. Dark hair, dark eyes, very luminous and attractive. Basically the opposite of any Purity Pack member. Not dull. Not boring.

Instantly I feel nervous and out of place. I'm dressed in a thin, white night gown I vaguely remember putting on last night. This man, on the other hand wore full out leather armour, including gloves. Why does everyone here have to wear gloves?

He raises an eyebrow at me, noticing how I was slowly backing away.

"Mara?" He questions. He has that typical Vengeance Pack accent as well. Deep and exotic. I nod slowly at him. What does he want with me. I notice how he doesn't cross past where the door lies. Respectful at least.

"Who are you?" I question, sounding more rude than I intended. I'm blaming it on the stress.

"You may call me Coen," he says gently. He holds a hand out to me, and I stare at it. It's encased in leather, the side of his gloves decorated with small blue gems. Curious.

I swallow. "I hate leather."

He retracts his hand, looking at it for a moment. He's quite handsome, I hate to admit. And so far, the least intimidating person I've met here so far.

"Fair enough," he comments. He pulls his gloves off, tucking them inside his jacket pocket. His jacket is just as marvellous as the gloves, studded with the same gems. He holds his hand out to me as an offering again.

This time, I take it.

His warm fingers enclose around mind, and I let him lead me out of the room, and down a dimly lit hallway.

"You will have breakfast with your..."

He trails off, unsure of what to say. We aren't mates. Marriage is for royalty, and I'm not even that. He swallows uncomfortably.

"Kace," he finishes. My stomach clenches, and I begin to feel sick. Being in the same room with him is bad enough. But dining with him?

"What are you to him...Kaden?" I question lightly. He sighs.

"A personal guard," he tells me. I smother a giggle. Personal guard? He knew the most feared Alpha has to have a personal guard. I can't possible think of who would even try to hurt him personally.

I bit my lip. "And where is Kaden?"

I don't really care, but I'm still curious to know. I wish I had the confidence to abuse him for what he did to my bedroom. He's doing it on purpose, so I will never forget what he's taken from me.

"Dealing business in other Packs," Coen said mindlessly. Of course. Always harassing other Packs rather than look after his own. Coen catches me roll my eyes.

"You have every right to despise him, but something to take into consideration, is that he likes his woman submissive," he told me.

I clench my jaw in disgust. "Luckily I'm not his..."

Once we make it to the dining area, Kace is already there. He's poking at a piece of pineapple on his plate.

He looks up as we walk in, meeting my gaze. I return his look of disdain with a glare. He doesn't want to be paired with me as much as I don't want to be paired with him. At least we have something in common.

I sit down at the end of the table. I'm not hungry, but Coen goes to get me something anyway. So I'm left alone with Kace.

"I can tell you don't want to propose to me tonight," I say. He clenches his jaw, and lowers his gaze. Does he not want to admit it to me?

He drops his fork. "You don't know anything."

"I know that you can get me out of here...If I leave, you can have whoever you want," I insist. He stands, slamming his hands down on the table, making the cutlery clatter together. I swallow, looking up at him nervously. Will he hurt me?

"Don't you understand? You can't escape him. He will find you, and he will lock you up so you never see the sunlight again," he tells me. My heart drops at his words. I believe them.

He sits back down, running a hand down his face. "It doesn't matter anyway. The girl I want tried to kill me."

I looked at the cuts and bruises across his face, and had to wonder, did this girl do that to him? How could he want her after doing something like that? I wouldn't know, I've never experienced love before.

"And she loves another man anyway," he says gruffly, shoving a piece of pineapple in his mouth. I frown.

Coen comes back into the room, holding a plate of fruit. I have to wonder where the Vengeance Pack get their fruit from. He places it in front of me, and stands back. Is he my own guard now?

"You could do better," I tell him. He clenches his jaw and ignores me. I can almost guess exactly what he is thinking. What's the point? What's the point of trying to find someone else when you're being forced to marry someone else.

That's not love.

I have to wonder what my potential love life was going to be. I shake my head at my thoughts. The Moon Goddess decided this was my fate, and I must accept it, and deal with it to the best of my abilities.

As long as I don't have to see Kaden, staying here can't be too bad.

•••

I run a brush through my hair, staring at the picture of my parents at the corner of the mirror. They smile brightly. I wonder what they are doing right now. They can't be as happy now as they are in this photo. They have to miss me...Right?

I set my brush down, wishing my hair would shine as nicely as most girls. Some makeup would be nice too. My pasty complexion is not attractive in the slightest.

I'm in my room right now, getting ready for my proposal in the next hour. Sitting in this room, just like the one at home, is actually have the opposite effects on me that Kaden wanted. I can't help but feel calm now.

A knock on my door makes me turn in my seat. Coen is supposed to be posted outside my door, making sure I don't try to escape while at the same time giving me some privacy. I thought I would be able to get out through a window that was in my room at home. But when I pulled the curtain back, there was only a blank wall there.

The door swings open, and I'm greeted by Kaden. Immediately I'm annoyed by his presence, rather than scared.

He's not showing his face, again. He's changed into a suit, although still wearing those leather gloves. A hood shadows his face, and I have another powerful urge to pull it back to reveal the face behind it.

"What do you want?" I question viciously. Shouldn't he be outside, partying along with his other Pack members. The thought makes me sick. They have all gathered here today to celebrate the reluctant marriage of myself and Kace.

Vengeance Pack members have no heart. I must keep reminding myself.

"I came to ensure you're going to be on time. I see you got the dress I had made for you," he stated. Like Coen, he stood outside my door, not crossing that threshold as if it will kill him if he does.

I glance down at the dress I've been instructed to wear. Thick, dark purple material clings to my body. The bodice is glittering in gems I could never previously afford.

"Do you expect me to run away?" I challenge. He goes silent for a moment. I wonder if he is like everyone else in this Pack. The same features? The same exact look perhaps?

"I do," he responds.

I frown. And how would I do that? How could I escape the most notorious Alpha? I have to ask, "why?"

"Because you seem stupid enough to do it," he exclaims, in an elated tone. I clench my jaw together.

"You also don't seem to have gotten it into your head that I can kill you. And your family,"
He continues. He holds his right hand up, wiping nonexistent dust off it with his other hand.

"You don't have to worry though. I won't kill you," he says. He holds his arm out to me, willing me to take it. I stare at it for a moment. What is the point of rebelling now. There is none. So I get off my seat, and walk up to him, linking my arm in his.

He leans down to my ear. "Yet."

💛**💛

Hey guys!

Who is everyone's favourite character so far?

I was going to say mines Kaden, then I realised he's my creation so obviously I gotta like him :p

Vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter and want more! (:

Snapchat : midikacrane

Radish: Midika

YouTube: Midika Crane

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

748K 32.8K 50
*BOOK NINE* (Can be read as standalone) "My Fate is a curse. I didn't ask to be a slave of an immortal. I didn't ask for his branding. And I didn't a...
848K 35.2K 41
A/N: STORY HAS BEEN EDITED TO CONFORM TO COMMUNITY GUIDLINES. As some of you may already know, this story was previously removed from all platforms f...
1.1M 45K 50
*BOOK ELEVEN* (Can be read as standalone) "There's a problem with your theory," he murmurs, the touch of his fingers down my jawline, down my neck, a...
8.4M 198K 22
*BOOK THREE* (Can be read as standalone) OFFICIAL PREVIEW FOR THE PUBLISHED NOVEL!! THIS INCLUDES THE PROLOGUE AND FIRST TWO CHAPTERS. Lexia has bee...