The Mistaken Girl

By CCValentine

Aurora and Auburn Wellington are twins who look almost exactly alike. One night, while getting groceries, Aur... More

Chapter 1 (Picture of Aurora)
Chapter 2 (Picture of Auburn)
Chapter 4 (Picture of Jayden)
Chapter 5 (Picture of Caleb)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (Picture of Paul)
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (Picture of Oliver)
Chapter 11 (Picture of Peter)
Chapter 12 (Picture of Tony)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 3 (Picture of Derek)

892 14 2
By CCValentine

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Yay! Chapter 3! This took me two days to write because I kept on getting interruptions LOL. Oh BTW I changed the pic of Auburn last chapter :) Picture on the side is of Derek :) Hot.

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 (The Mistaken Girl)

“Oh no,” I cried, tracing the lettering of the note. My poor sister got mistaken for me! They didn’t know I had a sister, let alone a twin and Auburn and I looked eerily identical.

I groaned, biting my lip, thinking of what to do. Call the police? No, they never helped nowadays. Mom and dad? No, they were out partying and are probably too drunk right now to even care.

I grabbed my cell phone and dialed up Auburn. Immediately, she picked up. Relief shot through me before she spoke up. “Aurora, help me!” she cried, sounding as if she was being restrained.

“Auburn! Auburn, where are you?! What happened?!” I yelled into the phone, my voice so angry and sad and worried all at the same time.

“Auburn, I’m kidnapped!” she managed to scream before we were abruptly cut off. I heard the dial tone and immediately knew I had lost my sister. I stood there for awhile, not doing anything. I was too shocked to move.

I needed to go find my sister. I had to. Did I have any fighting skills? No, but I did know how to make a fist. I would need a weapon just to be safe. I quickly threw open the kitchen cabinets, grabbing a large kitchen knife. I tucked it into my bag and walked out the door.

I went over to my neighbour’s house, the Wilson’s. “Hey, did you hear any sort of struggle next door at my house?” I asked, to a sleep Mr. Wilson.

Mr. Wilson shook his head, looking a bit drunk. “Uh, no… S-sorry. Um… Yeah, bye.”

And with that, he slammed the door right in my face. I glared at the door before knocking again. Mr. Wilson answered again. “What do you want now?” he asked, sounding angry.

I glared at him, stepping right into his face. “Listen, my sister was kidnapped and if you don’t tell me where you think she might be in exactly three seconds, I will go ape shit on you, got it?”

Mr. Wilson grabbed the collar part of my jacket and pulled me up so we were at kissing distance. “Look girl, do not threaten me. I don’t know or give a fuck about where your goddamn sister is. You are just wasting my time.”

He let me go roughly, making me stagger back a few steps. Mr. Wilson slammed the door on my face again. I huffed. What an asshole!

I walked over to my other neighbours’ houses but I still got the same reply: no. It was like they were completely oblivious to the neighbourhood.

I got in my car and drove around, looking for my sister. I passed by the alley where I witnessed the murder. I felt a pang of fright. My sister would be murdered. They thought Auburn was me so they took her. Either they would keep me hostage for witnessing them murder someone or they would kill me. If Auburn couldn’t be let free, I hoped she was kept hostage, so she can still survive.

Suddenly, in my view, came a man. He was tall and had his hands stuffed into his pant pockets. I could only see the dark silhouette of him. He looked like he was just wandering around the alley, not doing anything. I got out of the car, hoping for some answers. “Hey, you!” I called out.

The man looked at me, startled. He had a confused look on his face. “Can I help you?” he asked.

I nodded. “Yeah, actually first of all, why are you just standing around here?” I asked, my curiousity getting the best of me.

The man sighed, his face coming into view. He had blonde hair which looked gold under the lighting and green eyes. “I can’t say, really unless you want to die,” he said, giving me a sympathetic smile.

I gasped. This man was just like Derek and Jayden! I backed away slowly. “Die?” I asked, wary.

The man shook his head, holding up his palms defensively. “Oh, if you think I’m going to kill you, I’m not. I was just stating the truth. If I tell you why I’m here, you and I could be in grave danger.”

I frowned, keeping a good distance between us just in case. “You can tell me. I think we are here for the same reason.”

The man looked at me funny before shaking his head, chuckling. “No, I certainly don’t think you are here for the same reason as me. I mean, how old are you anyways?”

“Nineteen,” I said, slowly, not sure if I could trust him or not.

The man nodded. “Yeah, I don’t think I could tell you. Why are you here?” he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

I gulped. “My sister.”

The man nodded. “I see… And why did your sister bring you here into this dark alley?” he asked, sounding confused.

This man seemed like a decent enough man. He talked really intelligent like and spoke calmly. He also radiated comfort. “My sister… She was kidnapped.”

The man froze, staring at me with wide eyes. “Is your sister by any chance named Aurora?” he asked me, shocked.

I shook my head. “No, well, they think she is named Aurora but it’s really me who is Aurora. Her name is Auburn. They mistook her for me. They didn’t know I had a twin,” I said, spilling out everything to this stranger.

The man came forward to me, shaking his head. “Wait, start from the beginning. How did this happen?”

I sighed. “Well, I sort of… Witnessed these two guys murdering someone. They chased me home after I told them my name. When they came to kidnap me, they actually took my sister. I guess they thought she was me.”

The man frowned. “Why would you tell them your name? Derek and Jayden are two dangerous guys, you do know that right?”

I nodded, sighing. “Yes, I know that but… Wait, how do you know them? They are the two men I was talking about,” I said, shocked.

The man nodded. “I know them. I know them pretty well, actually. I am part of their little group,” the man said, rolling his eyes.

I gasped, putting my hand into my bag, getting my knife ready. This man was one of them! The man shook his head, coming towards me. “Wait, let me explain!” he pleaded.

I relaxed but still held onto the knife. “You are one of them,” I whispered.

The man shook his head. “No, wait, please let me explain. It will all make sense afterwards.”

I sighed, nodding. I still held onto the knife though. “My name is Caleb. I am part of Derek and Jayden’s little group. They are bad men, Aurora. They are involved with anything illegal. If something didn’t go their way, they killed people. That man you saw that was murdered ratted them out on their little drug deal. He had to be killed.”

I stepped back slowly. “So? That doesn’t make you a good guy.”

Caleb shook his head. “Let me finish. Anyway, I am part of their group but I am desperately wanting out. I had to be dragged into it. I didn’t want to be in the gang.”

I frowned. “How come?”

Caleb shook his head in regret. “I was like you. I witnessed them murdering someone. I pleaded for them to spare me so they gave me a deal. If I joined them, I wouldn’t be killed.”

I gaped at the man. “So why didn’t they ask me to join them instead of kidnapping my sister? What are they going to do to her? Where are they taking her?”

Caleb gave me a sad smile. “Cruel, cruel things, I’m afraid. I think they are going to take her to their log cabin up in the woods.”

I raised a brow. “Log cabin?”

Caleb nodded. “That’s basically their headquarters. They are either going to torture or make your sister their sex slave.”

I sighed, pulling my hair in fists. “Can you help me?” I asked, near tears.

Caleb sighed. “I don’t know if I could be in much use for you. I do not want violence. I am only standing here so I could ask Derek and Jayden to let me go.”

I tilted my head. “What happens if you want to be let go of the gang?”

Caleb shook his head. “They beat you up until you are really weak or have died.”

I glared at nothing. That made me angry. “They have to be stopped.”

Caleb’s eyes widened. “No! Do you know how powerful Derek and Jayden are? You will be killed on the spot.”

I gulped. “Well, I have to find my sister. Please, she’s important to me.”

Caleb sighed, looking as if he was debating whether to help me or not. I continued to give him my best pleading look. “Caleb, please,” I said, desperate.

Caleb sighed and nodded. “Okay, I’ll help you but you have to be very careful. We cannot trust anyone except each other, got it?”

I nodded. “Got it. How far is their cabin anyway?”

Caleb shrugged. “I have no idea. I don’t think they are going straight there though. I think they are going to a couple of spots on the way.”

“Which is?”

“Gang related territory. You just have to play along,” Caleb said, as we got in my car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 50.4K 49
Annabella has had a rough life. From surviving brutal beatings from her so called 'parents' to becoming a well known person on the streets. Oh. And...
255K 4.1K 33
one girl taken one girl left one was loved one was hated Hailey de Luca taken trained to be a deadly assassin tournamented with the fact that her fa...
8.4K 107 37
"killian would you just fuck off out my life! I don't want to be here with you!" i scream at him looking in the opposite direction of him with anger...
256K 2.3K 67
"Why can't we be together?" "Because then i'll have to kill you." - Cassie lived with her big sister Ariene, she never really knew her parents. She h...