Death Becomes Us

By EzraWinn

Typical doesn't even begin to describe who I am. I Skylar Carright am for more complex than I appear to be. C... More

Published Books Now Available
AUTHOR NOTE
1) Decisions Decisions
2) Child or Monster
3) Invitation Only
4) Pain = Understanding
5) Let's Play
6) Intruder
7) Shall it Begin
8) Hunter or Hunted
9) Bodies
10) Jake's Play Time
11) Q & A
12) Hunter & Prey
13) Girls
14) A-Maze-Ingly Deadly
15) Birth
16) Hide & Seek
17) 99 Problems
18) Guity Until Proven Innocent
20) Lady Grim
21) Sweet Sorrow
22) Taught in Blood
23) Eaten Alive
24) Friends, and Family, and Death oh my
25) Woe is Me
26) Dirty Cops
27) Eh Tu
28) Fun House
29) Pigs
30) Goodnight & Goodbye
D.E.A.T.H Series

19) Closer

17.8K 439 31
By EzraWinn

Closer 

      I sat in the cafeteria alone at my table. Jade and Jake had been MIA all day so I was left alone. Of course Jake hasn't spoken so much as a word to me since I dropped him off at his house after he was released from the station. He was mad at me as if it wasn't me that saved his ass from a night in jail. As if it was my fault that the cops were on to him, but just like I told Jake if I wanted to screw with him there were funnier ways to do just that.

            My eyes shifted to the left of me when I heard someone walking over to me. I smiled when I saw that it was Alyssa that was making her way over. Ever since our first date we have been on a few more. I wouldn't give her the title of my girlfriend but she was the only person I was interested in at the moment. I frowned inwardly. It was impolite to lie to one’s self. Alyssa wasn't the only girl I wanted. I wanted Jade as well.

            “Hey.” She said not taking a seat with me but instead standing in front of me. I gave her the once over. The dress she had on today hardly made it mid-thigh on her. The boots she was wearing made it look like she was ready for a party not a day at school.

            “Hey.” I said and she grabbed my hand.

            “Let's get out of here.” She told me and I licked my lips.

            “We're in the middle of school.” I said and she rolled her eyes at me.

            “Come on Sky.” She said pulling me out of my chair. I abandoned my food there as I allowed her to lead me out of the side door. We walked quickly looking over our shoulders for teachers as we made it to the student parking lot. After we were in my car pulling off Alyssa let out a scream of joy.

            “Where to?” I asked looking over at her and truly seeing how beautiful she was. She twisted one of her curls around her finger.

            “Anywhere you want.” She said and I reached over and touched my knee. I took in a breath and trying to focus on driving as her hand crept up my leg. How many years have I wanted this and now it was here at last. Alyssa in my car touching me it was like something out of my dream. “I hear the cops are after Jake.” Alyssa said and my eyes went back to her. This time the first thing I noticed about her was how low cut her dress was so that I could see her breast bursting out.

            “Jake will be fine.” I told her and frowned to myself. It was when the cops questioned me that Alyssa started to see me as more than the freaky pale child that has some classes with her. Maybe she was into that kind of thing. Alyssa had a thing for the bad boy. Now that it was Jake getting all the attention again I wondered if she would flip and rush back to him.

            “What about you Sky? Will you be fine?” She asked me rubbing my shoulders as she did so.

            “Yes.” I answered.

            “I know where I want to go.” She said and I took another glance at her and then nodded and followed her directions. I frowned when I noticed she was leading me to the Fun House. I pulled up and looking at the abandon hospital that was more of a home to me then the place where I lay my head. “They said its haunted.” She said getting out of the car. I gritted my teeth against the idea of Alyssa walking into the Fun House. “We should go in.” She said and I looked up at it again. It loomed in the background looking like a faith worst then death. It was overcast and starting to rain and all that was missing was the cracking lighting that flashes and warns you not to go anywhere near there.

            “Maybe we shouldn't.” I said and Alyssa started to walk to the door.

            “Don't be a chicken shit Sky.” She said and I wanted to laugh at her. I don't know about ghost but death was strong in here. I gave a small smile at her mocked name calling and walked to catch up with her. At least with me there as well I can control what rooms she goes in and what ones she stays out of. 

            “Fine come on then stay close.” I said and she grabbed my hand as I went in the Fun House with her behind me. I tip toed around as if I didn't know where I was going. I didn't know what she was thinking she was going to see. I made sure to pull her away from all the Kill Rooms.

            “This place is so creepy.” She said holding on to me. Both of her arms wrapped around one of mine so that her breast were pressed against me. I was never into the defenseless type of girl. I think a girl that can kick ass is hot, but Alyssa whole save me I'm scared game was turning me on.  “You're so brave Sky.” She said and I gave a smile.

            “It's nothing.” I played it cool and she moved away from me. She walked off down the hall and I followed her as she went into a control room. She walked over to the window and peeked out of it. I already knew there was nothing in that room. I haven't used it in a while. I sat down in the control chair and she looked back at me.

            “Why is all of this stuff in here?” She said looking at the new set up that I had in the control rooms. The camera feeds and the computers and the high tech look that was well to new to have been here before the fire.

            “Not sure.” I lied.

            “Who do you think put this shit in here? Think that it all works.” She said and reached out to touch something but I grabbed her hand.

            “I think that it’s smarter if we don't touch anything.”

            “Good point.” She said with a little giggle. She was so sexy walking around the room looking at everything. She tried to see what was in the room below us but I had the lights out in the Kill Room and at the same time there was nothing to be found in that one.

            “What are you looking for?” I asked her wondering what it was that she was hoping to find.

            “You know demons and ghost and things of the sort.” She said and I smiled.

            “If its demons you want look now farther.” I told her and she turned around and looked at me; she smiled at me. It wasn't a normal ha-ha that's funny smile but it was sexy and alluring. Looking at her just made me understand even more how much I wanted Alyssa.

            “This is kind of sexy.” She said coming over to me and standing between my legs. She leaned down and pressed her lips to mine. I reached up running my fingers in her hair pulling her onto my lap. She sat on top of me as our make out session begin. Just as things were starting to get intense there was a scream that echoed hollowly throughout the Fun House. Alyssa pulled away from me getting up and looking around panic. I frowned wondering who else was in the Fun House Jake or Jade? I had seen neither of them today.

            “Stay.” I said and Alyssa looked at me her brown eyes so big and beautiful held a look of worry in them. I kissed her again.

            “Sky.” She said shaking her head.

            “I will be fine.” I promised. “Do not leave this room I will be back to get you.” I promised and walked away from her. My first stop was Jake's kill room. He was mad right now but I was sure after a kill he would go back to begin the old idiot like Jake again. When his room was empty I closed the door and frowned. It had to be Jade then. Was she screaming; if so then why? I walked down the hall to the Kill Room I had given her for her game and went in. I saw Jade standing at a table. A girl laid on it shaken with what could only be fear. “What's going on?” I asked and Jade turned around.

            “Hey.” She said smiling and I could see the blood on her hands.

            “What are you doing?” I asked and she looked back at the girl that was on the table. I couldn't tell who she was because Jade had a bag over her face. “What are you doing?”

            “Preparing for my game just like you told me too.” She walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck locking her fingers behind my head.  “You're going to enjoy it so much Mr. Reaper.” She said with a mocking smile. She leaned in to me and I turned my head from her.

            “What game is it?” I asked looking over at the girl. I could tell that she was covered in blood but I couldn't make out what it was that Jade had been doing to her.

            “You smell like Alyssa.” Jade said and moved away from me. “Is she here?”

            “What's it to you?”

            “Why would you bring that whore here? This is a holy place. Disgusting things like Alyssa shouldn't be allowed to enter it.” I looked over at her and frowned. Whatever it was between Jade and Alyssa I didn't understand it. Two people who worlds seemed to never touch and yet they loathed each other. It wasn't just Jade hating Alyssa or Alyssa hating Jade. They both hated each other to their very core it seemed.

            “What happened between you two?” I asked and she turned away from me.

            “The past is the past.” Jade said but I didn't believe her. I didn't trust her words. If the past was the past they would move on. These two haven't moved on. “I have a ton of work to do.” Jade said turning from me after we stood for a few moments in awkward silence. She walked back over to the table and went back to what she was doing with the girl.

            “I will find out.” I said and she nodded.

            “No doubt about that.” She answered and I sighed and turned from her leaving out the room. I walked back to the control room I had left Alyssa in. I was lost in thought as I opened the door to find no one inside. I frowned and looked around for her. She was nowhere in this room. I sighed slightly. People were turning out to be more trouble than they were worth. I sat down in my care looking over the cameras so that I could pin point where she had gotten off to in the Fun House.

            “What are you doing?” Jake voice sounded behind me.

            “A little lamb is lost within the den.” I answered and He walked over and looked at the screens with me. He was seeing the same them that I was seeing. There was no sign of Alyssa anywhere in the Fun House.

            “Watch out.” Jake said and I rolled my chair to the side so that he could work on the computer. Only he wasn't looking at the live feeds he was going back looking through all of the things from the other nights. I started to ask what he was doing but then I knew. I wasn't that good with computers but Jake was. He knew how to look at all the old stuff.

            “Think we have them?” I asked and he looked up at me.

            “Unless it was you or I moving the bodies we have to have them.” He said and I looked at him again. It was senseless for Jake to be the one moving the bodies. After all it was his body that was found and gotten him deep into the shit he was in now. “Sorry I was an ass.” he said.

            “If not an ass then you wouldn't be Jake.” I countered and he laughed a bit. We both watched intensely but there was nothing at all. Other than Jade cleaning up from the last game There was no bodies begin moved. What's more once we made it back to the live feeds we haven't seen Alyssa either. I bit down on my lip hard enough to bring blood.

            “We have a blind spot somewhere.” Jake said and I nodded. We had to have one but who could be moving the bodies that would know them. Jake and I did the cameras we didn't let Jade help because Jake doesn't trust her. I looked at my best friend. How well did I trust Jake?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.1K 9.1K 92
[BUNDLE] BOOK 1: There's a reason buried things should always stay buried. For better or for worse. To have and to hold a demon for eternity. She say...
Whispering Death By Shreeja

Mystery / Thriller

2 1 1
The car squeaked to a stop. I got out of the car, excited to see the mansion for the first time! My grandparents' old mansion loomed over me. "This w...
62.6K 6.1K 56
"Kassauni, there is more to life than continuous pain and suffering. I am sure you know that," She told me. I took a long drag from the blunt and hel...
3.2K 37 7
It was getting easier for Lincoln to say didn't care for his siblings, that's not good. It was just last week that he would've given his life for the...