Mated To A Jerk |✓

By ranchchips

Being mated to the future alpha isn't a breeze, especially for Cassandra. Wanna know why? Because he's a flat... More

|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|

|48|

5.6K 178 28
By ranchchips

Chase analyzed my facial expression, looking for any faults to show a lie, but when he found none he turned to Hunter.

"Stop the search parties, it's a trap. Tell the alpha I think we should force everyone inside for safety, I need to talk to Cassandra." Hunter nodded and turned to leave the safe room, pushing past people to go quicker. Chase turned to me and grabbed my arms, like he wanted my full attention, which he already has.

"How do you know it was-"

"My scream," I interrupted, finishing his sentence. "I remember my torture like it was yesterday, Chase. That was my scream from Xander's place. I don't know how this freak got it, but that's exactly my scream, nobody else's." Chase sighed, his eyebrows in a knot of concentration.

"What do you suppose they're using your scream for?" He asked, and I honestly didn't want to tell him, because it would add more stress to him.

"To get me alone. That's the goal tonight. The scream isn't a warning, or a one time thing in the night, because this person wants to make it a hell for everyone until they reach me."

"Who is they?" He asked and my heart rate sped up.

"Satan." Chase's arms went limp on my own, like he was just thinking an overview of the events that will occur tonight.

"Then you will not be alone. You will be safely hidden between the crowds, and we will send out a look-a-like as bait for a distraction."

"But who-"

"I will." A girl with black hair stepped out beside us and gave us a grim look. It was June.

"June, why would you-" she interrupted me with her hand.

"I've been a major bitch to my future Luna, and I feel as if this is a way to start apologizing."

"Bu-"

"And I never understood the stress I was putting on the both of you and your relationship together until I found out all the shit that had been happening to you both. I'm sorry that I was a pesty bug on your windshield."

"What the-"

"Sorry." She finished.

"Thanks, for the apology and the offer."

"Sure thing. How are we gonna do this?"

June was escorted out of the safety room, and I could only hope she would be safe. I didn't want anything to happen to her because of me.

"Relax Cassy, she's going to be watched by many guards."

"That still doesn't make me feel better. This is Satan we're talking about here. He's capable of killing everyone with the wave of his hand." I pulled on his arm, halting his stride. "Chase please, don't let her do this."

"Even after she's been the topping to your hell you don't want her to possibly get hurt. Sometimes you co fuse me, woman."

"I will fuck you up if you don't stop this." His eyes washed over, and then returned to normal.

"Too late. She's outside."

"Chase!"

"You know, it would be cute to see you try by the way."

"I think I have the advantage here, buddy!" I angrily pushed him and stormed off down the panic room halls.

"Cassandra, please stop being so stubborn and let the girl sacrifice herself for your she feels it's what she owes you."

"What she owes me is pizza, period!"

"Babe, calm down. You need to be subtle about your location right now, and being a loud, stubborn teenager is not helping."

"Fine, what am I supposed to do while we wait for a sign?"

"Well, we can-"

Bolts from the door interrupted his sentence, and we both looked at the door. A guard entered, looking anxious and frantic, running down the hall.

"I'm retiring early, Chase." He ran past us.

"Gunther! What happened." The bulky man looked back at us with wide eyes, shaking his head.

"Bodies, bodies everywhere. So much blood. I vomited right when I could see and smell it. It was too much. Every time I blink I see the image." Gunther shuddered. "We don't even know where the bodies came from. Not our pack."

"Where are the bodies?" I asked

"The lake with the rocks and the field, somewhere in the woods. We could smell it back where we were hiding out."

Where I was held for a prize.

"Did you happen to see a boy with black hair and perhaps blue or red eyes?" Chase gave me a look with my question.

"Not that I know of. They sent me back because of my vomiting and how it disrupted their investigation. When I left they started looking around." Gunther shrugged and Chase turned to me again after his answer.

"Cassandra, are you talking about-" my eyes caught sight of him behind Gunther, with a smirk plastered.

"Lucifer." I whispered. Chase's eyes went wide, and he slowly turned around. I watched as his eyes glossed over, perhaps warning everyone about his entrance.

"Gunther, why don't you leave?" Chase asked giving him a look. Gunther was shaking and he hadn't even seen Lucifer yet. He turned slowly and gave a weak nod to the red yes boy, then cautiously walked past him. Lucifer hissed when he was close, and Gunther jumped, then ran out of the hallway.

"That wasn't nice." I gritted and he shrugged.

"Who said I was nice?" He seethed, his eyes looking back and forth between Chase and I.

"What do we have going on here?" He motioned at us, and took a step forward.

"Nothing that involves you." I hissed, making him fake gasp and grip his chest.

"I'm wounded, dearest."

"Like I would care."

"How's our baby?" His eyes flickered to Chase, giving him a cocky look.

"Again, nothing that involves you." I growled.

"Actually, that baby is partially mine, so it does involve me." He cocked an eyebrow, daring me to testify.

"This baby is being carried by me, not you, this baby was forced on me, and I will intend to keep it from you." I snarled at him and his face went dark.

"Not if you make it out of here alive, cupcake."

"Wha-"

With a snap of his fingers everything around me went dark, and when I swung my arms around there was nothing. My vision recollected and I was back in the hallway, but Chase and Lucifer were gone. I could here his dark chuckles down the hall, and I ran after them.

In the panic room it was now empty of people, and now filled with blood. I gagged, holding a hand to my mouth as I slowly made my way into the room. The walls were covered with bloody hand prints and body prints, signalling trouble had happened. One wall in particular stood out with a message drawn in fresh red blood in an eerie print.

"S...." I tried to decipher each letter. "S..U.....F..F..E...R" I let the letters sink in. "Suffer." I breathed, and instantly another one of my captivating screams echoed the panic room. It grew louder and louder the more I struggled to block out the sound, and I screamed after it, tears prickling my eyes.

"HELP!" I screeched, hoping there was somebody, at least one person, to take away the torture. Memories of my torture flashed through my mind on repeat, and I screamed louder than ever. It seemed to go on for hours, until the noise stopped. It was eerily silent after that, and I looked around the room confused.

"Mommy! Help!" A child's voice called. An instinct took over, and I ran towards the voice, keeping my pace for the sake of my own baby. I found my way to the bolted door, and when I opened it I instantly walked face to face into a dead body, hanging from the ceiling. I screamed in horror, backing away from its swinging form, and backed into a bookcase. The pack house was dark and silent, and I was at a lost of where to go and what to do.

I waved my hand, using my power to summon my black shadows, or in other words my body guards. I walked forward and they followed, and I felt better about my safety.

I took tip toes to the front door, opening it and walking out slowly, looking at my surroundings. The crickets were the only noise, chirping without a clue.

I made my way into the woods to the destination, the lake. When I got there I looked around, then I went out in the open to the field. For some reason, I felt like nothing could harm me being pregnant. Nobody would want to hurt their heir, right?

The bodies weren't here, or the blood. It was alike Gunther imagined it all. Not one once of the could stench.

"You got the memo!" I jumped and turned around, my shadows taking guard behind me.

"Leviathan. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be finding a quick blood bonded partner so you can take the right hand man role?" I asked, and he just chuckled darkly.

"You're not very smart sometimes. Think about it. How could I possibly stop Lucifer for awhile to get some time to find my own blood bonded partner?" I gulped. "Kill of the threat that can cost me my chance at a higher up ruler. What else?" He laughed, and my heart rate picked up.

"But I'm already getting away from Lucifer, there's no need-"

"When that baby is born Lucifer will have more reasons to be the second ruler of Hell, and I am having trouble finding a partner.

"Why not just take me for your self?" I offered, knowing all too well that I could escape again.

"You and I both know that can't happen. You have Lucifer's baby, and you have the ability to escape again. Likely not happening."

"But."

"Shhh!" He grabbed me, placing his hand over my mouth and hiding us behind a rock. It wasn't an attack, more like help to hide.

"What-" I started, but he shushed me again.

"He's here."

"Oh Cassandraaa." Lucifer dragged my name out, like it was a game of hide and seek and he knew he was really close to finding me. I bit my bottom lip hard as I pressed my body against the rock as best I could, my belly bulging from my pregnancy. Leviathan pressed his mouth close to my ear to keep the silence.

"If he finds us, I'll grab you in self defense, like I will kill you if he takes another step, but I won't."

"Why are you helping all of a sudden?" I whispered back, keeping real quiet.

"I have an instinct right now." He shrugged, and when a stick broke near the rock we were hiding behind, he laid his body flat against the rock.

"Cassandra, i'm sure you don't want your mate to get hurt. Just come with me and we will be able to live on peacefully." Lucifer's reassuring voice stated into the cold air, bit I bit my tongue from going out to fight for Chase. I couldn't let my baby get hurt.

"If you don't come out on the count of three, I will rip a limb off of Chase." Leviathan put his hand over my mouth as I almost let out a shocked gasp. "One." Leviathan grabbed me to keep me still, but I started wiggling to go out in the open. "Two." I bit his hand and screamed, ripping out of his hold and running out into the clearing. Lucifer was standing in the middle of the field alone, and when he heard my commotion he turned and smirked at me, his eyes glowing a red hue.

"Three. I was starting to think you didn't care about your silly mate anymore." He chuckled and I glared, seeing how Chase wasn't even here. He caught me in a trick. "Open your eyes, there's no one on your side-" he was cut off when his eyes widened at something behind me, and I was pulled against a chest with a crooked knife held tight against my throat. My eyes widened in fake shock, looking pleadingly at Lucifer, but it was all fake. I'm a pretty good actor, I took theatre class for one of my courses, but that's besides the point.

"Leviathan-" Lucifer trailed, but he interrupted him.

"One step and I slit her throat."

"What are you doing?" Lucifer asked in disbelief.

"What do you think? Getting myself more time."

"For-"

"Blood bond. If she's gone and then I have more time to find a wife so that I get the second position, more power. You will have trouble recovering for this beautiful young lady," I felt his hand stroke my hair and I flinched.

"Leviathan that is not allowed-"

"Why would Satan care? He doesn't give a shit for the Dark Wolf or any future wife! He just cares about power, and you should, too."

"Why do this? It's already so hard to get Cassandra in the same room as me!"

"Why not make it more difficult?" I could feel the chuckle vibrate from his chest.

"Leviathan I swear-"

"A shame, she's a pretty one. And a downer that the child isn't even born yet."

"Leave the child alone, that is my heir."

"Is that all that you think of a future child? To just take over the role of your reign?"

"Don-"

"Are you hearing this Cassandra?"

"Lev-"

"Nothing but a-"

"SHUT UP!" Lucifer roared, and I flinched. "You will hand me the girl and you will accept that you will be in a lower role as mine! I've deserved this reign the minute I took over as a prince, and I've always been Satan's favorite! I get to have her, and I get to have a child for my heir! I get what I WANT!" Lucifer stormed over, sending a gust of wind towards us. The knife dropped to the grass, and Leviathan shielded me with a wall of water.

"Run, go to the school, that's where I evacuated your pack." Leviathan informed me. I gave him a worried look. "He can't kill me, that's against our amendments." He looked back at the wall he was holding."I'll distract him to die his rage down. Now go!" I turned and started sprinting, as fast as a pregnant girl could.

I reached the school, running up to the doors and trying frantically to open them, but they were locked.

Chase, i'm outside the school. Open up! Please! I mind linked, and one minute later I was pulled into his arms. He held me there, and I breathed in his calming scent.

"After Lucifer snapped you both vanished out of thin air. I was so worried, u didn't know what to do that's when a guy introduced himself as another prince of hell, Lev-Levith-"

"Leviathan." I finished for him.

"He told us we needed to go someplace further away from the woods, and he did something to get us here undetected. I asked about you, but he ignored me and left."

"I'm fine, Lucifer made me hallucination some things and led me out of the pack house into the clearing where the bodies were found. There wasn't anything there when I got to the clearing, but then Leviathan showed up and-"

"It's okay, well make it through the night." Chase rubbed my back, and I leaned into his embrace. My hands were still shaking, and my heart beat wildly, but I knew Leviathan would take care of Lucifer. At least that's what I was telling myself.

•••

Jesus this took days to write and think, but here. Again, not edited! I'll fix that later but I just wanted to give you something since i didn't upload Tuesday.

IT'S SUMMER!!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 283 13
One vampire. Four wolf shifters. A fate we can't escape. ***Complete!*** I'm a heartless, blood-sucking bitch, and proud of it. Always alone, kicking...
796K 21.1K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
461K 14.3K 72
The girl with no wolf. An extra mouth to feed. A liability. A defenseless miscreation. Seraphina had heard it all. She had felt it all too. The bon...
1M 27K 46
"I'm not good enough for you." I say to him. He looks at me and wipes the tears from my cheeks. "You're more than enough for me." I start to shake my...