Bound By A Bump (COMPLETED)

Juette_Curtina

"A little stress release couldn't hurt anyone." With that thought in mind, Kaylyn Fisher decided to be a reb... Еще

Prologue
Chapter 1(The results of a mistake)
Chapter 2 (The Visit)
Chapter 3 (Confrontations)
Chapter 4 (What money can't buy)
Chapter 5 (The offer)
Chapter 6 (Hope)
Chapter 7 (So we meet again)
Chapter 8 (Interview)
Chapter 9 (You?!)
Chapter 10 (Need to talk)
Chapter 11(You will...I will not)
Chapter 12(Final Decisions)
Chapter 13(Sapphire)
Chapter 15 (Her plan)
Chapter 16 (The call)
Chapter 17 (Trying to make amends)
Chapter 18 (What work?)
Chapter 19 (Getting Ready)
Chapter 20 (Admiration... Lust)
Chapter 21 (Confirmation)
Chapter 22 (Harsh words)
Chapter 23 (Not defeated)
Chapter 24 (Chaos)
Chapter 25 (Ultrasound)
Chapter 26 (Sadness...Anger)
Chapter 27 (Home)
Chapter 28 (Bitter Faith)
Chapter 29 (Apologies)
Chapter 30 (Baby Talk)
Chapter 31 (What happened?)
Chapter 32 (Father, daughter talk)
Chapter 33 (A kiss to comfort)
Chapter 34 (Cupid's up to something)
Chapter 35 (Someone's at the door)
Chapter 36 (Parents)
Chapter 37 (Marsha)
Chapter 38 (Karma...Catherine)
Chapter 39 (Peace of mind)
Chapter 40 (Surprise)
Chapter 41 (Lost hope)
Chapter 42 (Movies and poppity corn)
Chapter 43 (A Red Dinner)
Chapter 44 (Anticipation)
Chapter 45 (Love)
Chapter 46 (For the first time)
Chapter 47 (Home sweet home)
Chapter 48 (For Dad)
👑Epilogue👑
Random Stuff, Q&A...Me again!
Faith's story!!! (book 2)

Chapter 14 (It's off)

361K 13.5K 1.7K
Juette_Curtina

All eyes turned to the blonde that stood at the door, arms folded with an eyebrow raised by curiosity. Kaylyn swallowed, recognizing who the woman was.

Catherine Belle!

She watched as the woman glared at her from head to toe, sending her an unpleasant once-over.

      "Well?" she insisted, clearly awaiting an answer.

      "This is Kaylyn. She will be staying with us," Sapphire beamed cheerfully.

Catherine's gaze left her and then shifted to Matthew, her eyes questioning.

    "Kaylyn excuse us for a minute please," he said, then turned to Catherine, ushering her out of the room.

Kaylyn sighed heavily as they left the room. She felt like an intruder or some sort of home wrecker. She hoped the woman convinced Matthew to have her leave, because she did already not like the situation.

#

      "What did Sapphire mean?" Catherine asked as soon as they were far away enough so that they weren't at risk of being overheard.

     "Exactly what she said," Matthew confirmed.

Her eyes widened slightly. "Who is she? Is she a family member?" she asked curiously, blue eyes demanding.

Matthew rubbed his temples. "You're not going to like what I have to tell you," he warned.

Catherine swallowed and lifted her chin a little higher. "Well, what is it?"

Matthew sighed, thinking of a way he would make the situation more subtle.

      "She's pregnant with my child," he said coolly and Catherine gasped, shocked.

      "Pregnant?" she hissed bitterly, mouth agape.

Matthew nodded and before he could even open his mouth to say something else, he received a stinging slap to the face.

      "How could you?!" Catherine spat in dismay.

       "She's the woman I was in the paper with," he told her and her eyes widened a bit more.

      "That woman," she hissed in disbelief. Matthew's silence answered her question.

      "And she's staying here? Do you really believe that child she's carrying is really yours Matthew?! Come on, I thought you were smarter than that," she exclaimed.

Matthew sighed. "The child is mine Catherine and as for bringing her here, that was my decision to make," he exclaimed.

She raised a brow. "Oh and you didn't think it necessary to consult with me first? Your fiancée!" she hissed.

Matthew ground his teeth. "Fiancée not wife," he fired back a bit harshly.

Catherine stepped back in bewilderment. "I can't believe this! We are supposed to get married and here you are, housing your mistake and your soon to be bastard," she said angrily.

Matthew lifted an accusatory index finger. "Don't you dare!" he bit out slowly; deadly.

She snorted. "So you're defending her now?" she asked rhetorically.

     "You should be happy I'm taking responsibility for my actions," he blared and Catherine rolled her eyes.

       "Not at the cost of my reputation!" she snapped. "How do you think it'll look on me when they find that the man I'm to marry has another woman pregnant and she's staying in his house? I will look like the mistress. I will look like the odd ball!" she spat, jabbing her thumb to her chest. A tear slipped from her eyes and she quickly brushed it away.

     "Out of respect for me, you could've at least provided for her stability while keeping her away from this house, but no, you just had to throw it in my face, didn't you?" she snarled.

     "I wanted to keep an eye on her so nothing happens to the baby," Matthew defended heatedly.

Catherine snorted. "Keep an eye on her? Matthew, you can't even keep an eye on the six year old you already have here," she bit out.

    "Sapphire's five," he corrected firmly.

Catherine shook her head, ignoring the statement. "When my dad hears of this, you'll be sorry," she warned sternly.

     "I am not indebted to you or your father. I am my own boss. I own my own company," he exclaimed proudly. "And Catherine, I am sorry things had to be like this but I think we can both agree that what we had was strictly sex and business," he shrugged.

      "Don't!" she spat. "Don't say you're sorry when we damn well know you don't mean it. This engagement is off," she pulled the ring from her finger and slammed it to the counter. "You will pay for hurting and embarrassing me Matthew Mayhew. Mark my words," she seethed, and then strolled from the room.

Matthew sighed and raked his hands through his hair, leaning against the counter. He picked up the diamond ring, twirling it around the tip of his index finger. He shrugged and shoved it into his pocket. He knew Catherine would be hurt, but he had to take responsibility for his actions...no matter what. The strong relationship shared with Belle Enterprises would be lost, but so be it.

#

Kaylyn and Sapphire lay back on the bed, after having unpacked the suitcase. Kaylyn hadn't even realized she was falling asleep, until she felt her phone buzzing beside her on the bed. She jolted up and glanced at Sapphire who was now watching her, with a slight smile on her face.

She smiled, then picked up the phone, sighing when she saw Faith's picture and name pop up on the screen.

   "Hey," she answered coolly.

   "Where the hell are you? I'm banging on your door and you're not answering, so where the hell are you!" she demanded through the phone.

     "Oh, I didn't get the chance to tell you earl-" Kaylyn began.

     "Chance to tell me what?" she cut in eagerly.

Kaylyn used the tip of her tongue to moisten her lips. She swallowed, wondering how she'd break the news to Faith.

    "I er- meet me at Julie's Pastries in twenty minutes," she concluded.

     "What is going on?" Faith's concerned voice came.

      "You'll find out as soon as we meet...Bye now."

     "Wait.." Kaylyn disconnected the call.

       "Who was that?" came Sapphire's curious voice.

     "That was my best friend."

     "Judy is my best friend. She comes here sometimes for play dates," she beamed. "Are you going to meet her now?" she asked.

     "Yes I am."

      "Can I come?" she beamed with a bright smile.

Kaylyn was unsure of how she'd answer that question. She didn't want to disappoint the child by saying no, but she had to, because she had private matters to discuss with Fay -matters she didn't want a young child, especially Sapphire, to hear.

    "Not today Honey, but I promise I will, another time," she reasoned. Sapphire hung her head for a moment then smiled.

     "OK. Pinkie promise?" she grinned, sticking out her pinkie finger.

Kaylyn stuck out hers and entwined it around Sapphire's small one. "Promise," she said with a smile.

Kaylyn glanced down at her attire and thought that she should wear something more appropriate to meet Faith. Her worn out jeans and sweat shirt was not cutting it! Rummaging through the closet, she pulled out a pair of tight fitted jeans and a blouse. She glanced at Sapphire, who watched her with immense curiosity, a smile still playing on her little pink lips.

       "How long are you staying here?" she asked, and Kaylyn knew the question was going to come; she just wasn't prepared to answer it.

"I'm not sure yet honey."

Sapphire was silent and Kaylyn used that opportunity to scurry to the bathroom.

#

     "Where are you going?" Matthew asked as soon as Kaylyn was about to exit the house.

She sighed. "Out."

    "Where?" He quipped.

      "I'm going to meet a friend," she exclaimed in frustration.

       "It'll be dark soon. You can't go now," he bit out firmly and Kaylyn snorted.

      "I'd like to see you try to stop me," she snarled then went through the door.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Stuck Up Meets Crazy. [COMPLETED] i_am_ifeee

Любовные романы

6M 234K 45
"Wait let me get this straight, you want me to get fat?" Cara does not know if she should be offended or threatened. Was this his grand plan to make...
5.2M 192K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
165K 1.2K 10
Never yours series. Book one. Laurel Hyde; one of the most beautiful and most sexiest women in the world, Hollywood's A-lister, businesswoman and mod...
If Only EmillyKathrynn

Любовные романы

1.5M 33.8K 61
When Charlotte is left devastated by her boyfriend's infidelity. She finds herself persuaded into a night out with her friends. In which she meets ch...