Splatoon Fanfic: Humanoid Mys...

By SingWing7

{[Mar, April & May 2018] CURRENTLY EDITING ~} {major EDITING done ~ [24th]} ◻◻◻ Life in Inkopolis today is a... More

Today and The Past
To Meet a Friend, To Make a Friend
Write Another One, We'll Hear
The Feeling of Losing
Heroes.. Wait, it's us?
Shoping Spree
Agent 5, Going Way Back
Vacation time?!
Character Profiles ~

On "Hawaii" Island

306 11 4
By SingWing7

*Note: Series still undergoes editing ~ though, almost done *

▫▫▫▪🌴🍃🌲▪▫▫▫

Entry 5
One of the most survivable islands for certain kind right now...

🎵 (beggining till 'bout 0:20)

Is our vacation destination!

We've arrived! The travel time here is about 5 or more hours, but I'd say it's worth it (:

This place is called "The Second Hawaii".

---
The boat came to a stop and we all rocked forward slightly, before regaining the little balance lost.

That is, except for me because I was so focused on my writing almost fell face forward.

After being asked if I was OK by Ash and Victo and replying that I was indeed, we began ready to ready for our disembark.

The Squid Sisters, as surprising as it may sound, knew how to drive and steer the boat we were un-boarding.
They were the co captains, or at least are now, and this has been since our second trip. (I believe they said they'd asked for lessons from their grandfather Cuttlefish.)

After they 'parked' they got off the boat along with the rest of us.
While walking off the ramp we were all cautious, of course, with the sea water, and wore certain necklacess to help keep us safe:
Respawn necklaces the Cap especially developed in Octo-Valley base, with some assistance form Marie and a somewhat-risky testing done by Callie; they were designed to work like portable span points, but, like the ones from our missions, they only work three times.

On the shore, waited for us a younger girl.

"July! How are you?" we exchanged a quick hug.
"I'm great. You?"
"We're all doing well," I gestured towards my friends, "Thanks for asking! It's been forever since we last saw you. How was your birthday?"

"Oh it was great, too! We found another capsule and there were these cool little firework things in there. So for my birthday I got to light one up. It was a type you can hold in your hand for a while before the sparks go out." She'd sort of motioned as if she held one. "The instructions for them were thankfully in English, too. It being the language we're most familiar with and all."

"Cool!" I thought a moment, "Y'know, we actually don't have fireworks like that in Inkopolis. Just the larger ones that light up the sky on Splatfest." I waved both my hands outward when I said sky. My comment was spoken with a light enthusiasm, a happy kind.

[Entry continuation]
---

🎵 (1:15 or 3:23, etc.)

Currently, we've arrived and have gotten off the boat. ^(Interestingly enough, this is has just happened right now, too! Not just in this entry.)^

We all paused to take in the surroundings.

We looked out onto the expanse of the island.
It was absolutely stunning.

Beautiful the nature was.
It was still, at peace it seemed.

Large, tall trees were everywhere.

.

We began to walk towards the forest with the stuff we'd packed for our trip, looking round and above us at the lovely scenery.

I'd read of another island that existed thousands of years ago, called 'Hawaii'.

I had no idea if this island was really that similar to it, but I like the name that it was given: 'The Second Hawaii.'

Along with the Squid Sisters came a man (inkling) who knew the outdoors well, accompanying to help us with our first trip.

He helped us set up camp, let us know of the safety protocols for places like this, out here, warned us about high tide and reminded us to keep our distance from the water; taught us how to properly store our food, all that jazz.

After this, the sir said good-bye to us, and told us he 'hopes our trip is fun but to stay safe while were at it'.
With that he sailed away on the vessel, not be again seen 'til the day he sailed back to pick us up for our return.

He helped us set up our tent, which was behind us, before he left as well, and we now made dinner over a fire with little frying pans and such. Then for dessert we roasted marshmellows to make smores.

The tent we had was just right for the five of us. We had sleeping bags and had chosen a foundation that was rich in soil and grass. Thus, we were able to sleep pretty comfortably at night.

We decided we could to go explore the area in the morning after breakfast, then rested, asleep.
~

---

It was late afternoon as I finished this entry. I stood up, closed my journal, streched. I walked out of the wooden shelter we finished building (with help) the last time we were here, which was our third trip.
I looked out into the happy village, undisturbed by the octarians, and being visited by us inklings.

I thought about a little earlier.
July had made a habit of comin' out to meet us when we arrived ashore on the boat, and, though we now knew the way ourselves, still led the way to camp for us.
:)

These people live a very different life, but, it is also living simply.
This really is a refuge, in many ways, I'd think.

Calm.

Quiet.

Fresh
(in a different sense).

Night.

Waves tossing in the distance.

🌊

~--------------~
Konichiwa, tomodachi! (Hello, friend! -in Japanese-)
This is the last actual chapter of this book. Next chapter is of character profiles (yes, they were purposely put at the end :)

That means book 2 will soon be out!
(already finished writting the first chapter actually.. been working on it)
I'm having fun writting this, and as odd as it may sound I get excited concerning what happens next in the story!
My own story sparks interest in me.

^note^: Peru is talking about how they're literally getting off the boat, and she's writting about how they did so a year ago, so the parallels here are established (in case I confused anyone and ya thought it was my comment & not Perudice's, sry)

^note 2, msc^: as I was about to write that specific, part there was a bro playing Smash Bros on 3DS near meh. I heard this music and immedietly asked 'im about it. I thought it was really fitting for the scene, so I found it on da YouTubes and put it on here! (at least the first part of it really is)

I started this chapter long ago, but haven't worked on it in like, ever. So I decided to work on it today. 👍

Also, shoutout to StarCrafter ! , who voted (first in a while) and showed support for this Splatfic ^^ thanks a bunch!

This also was a bit of a short chapter, huh?

approx words worth of story: 714

▫▫▫▪❇▪▫▫▫

I hope the shifts from present to the past in her journal entries weren't too confusing ^^'

Haha, the old vid. link no longer worked from here so I scouted the song I mean soundtrack, which turned out to be one of the Earthbound (tho did know that, didn't know the name) game franchise 'eight melodies', so as to find a working link
*nod*

Thanks for reading this far !!!
Be it in the past, now in the present, or if ya shall in the future ~

I consider this to be the last legitimate chapter of
HM Book 1:
Humanoid Mystery

Thanks again !

This has been signed,

🎧🎤🎼🎶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6 2 5
A smuggler, a half-Salmonid, a battle-worn Octoling, a former experiment, and a mystery. What could go wrong? After living underground for a majority...
2.5K 29 19
"Why is it always us? Why not someone else?" Once again, the team is back at it again. Another mission, another friend to save, another battle, the s...
67.2K 642 24
☁️ . . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ rules ࿐ྂ -- -͙ - - ˚ · No neko character or readers! * ˚ ✦ I will do any type of dere! 💕 ˚ ✦* I won't...
175K 2.6K 88
Welcome to Love For One Color where an oddly colored red-haired individual named, Red Travis, just escaped his controversial past back from his old h...