Chances [2] (Jacob Black)

By alliekatt314

The incident woke us up. It's like Bella and I were living in a dream and we just woke up to a harsh reality... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 Birthday
Chapter 2 Jacob and Jade
Chapter 3 Party Plan
Chapter 4 Boring Class Less Boring Volturi
Chapter 5 Party
Chapter 7 Missing
Chapter 8 Loneliness
Chapter 9 Bouncing Back
Authors Note
Authors Note
Chapter 10 Bikes and Pain
Chapter 11 New Reality
Chapter 12 Meadow
Chapter 13 Paul
Chapter 14 Wolf Den
Authors Note
Chapter 15 Cliff Diving
Chapter 16 Angst and Swearing
Chapter 17 Italy
Chapter 18 Volturi
Chapter 19 I'll Stay
Chapter 20 End
Third Book

Chapter 6 Stitches and Bets

3.3K 112 32
By alliekatt314

Reyna

~~~

Ever so gently I place my sister into Carlisle's cleared off desk. He immediately starts working to remember the glass shards from her arms.

I look away from my sister and my eyes trail back to the the photos on the walls.

There's pictures of the whole Cullen family all from different periods of time. Some are black and white and some in color. In all the pictures the Cullen's where smiles and laughs. Some of the pictures have red eyed Cullen's but they still smile. This family has been through so much together.

My eyes trail away from the photos and back to my sister. Carlisle is being as gentle as he can but she still winces. The bleeding has tapered off luckily. Bella is very pointedly not staring at the bill full of glass and bloody towels.

"I sure can kill a party," Bella sighs in a not at all joking way. I cross my arms and flash a sad smile. This had to happen eventually. "Sorry Reyna."

"Bella it was me your fault besides I'm sure next years party will be off the chain," I reply jokingly.

"I agree with Reyna. It's not your fault. Jasper hasn't been away from human blood as long as the rest of us," Carlisle adds. Suddenly I remember the cake and the gifts.                                   

"Carlisle please tell me we still get cake and gifts," I say and grab his arm. I stare intently into his eyes as I speak. "I need the cake."

"You will get the cake and gifts Reyna," Carlisle chuckles and begins to preparing a needle to stitch Bella up. I sigh in relief and fan my face.

"That was close."

A few moments of silence pass before Bella looks up.

"Seems like you're the only one it doesn't effect." She's clutching his shirt tightly and frowning as he begins to sew the cuts up.

"Centuries of practice," Carlisle says answering her unasked question.            
"Did you ever think of...living differently?" Bella inquires curiously. I move to her side and take her other hand for comfort.

"I enjoy my work too much. Helping people, saving lives. I'm hoping there's a point to my existence, even if I am damned," Carlisle responds honestly. I glance up at him and bite my lip as I think. I used to hate all vampires so much but the Cullens especially Carlisle have made me see that not all vampires are bad. Some vampires love to be doctors.                       

"Damned? You're not damned," Bella states adamantly.

"Carlisle you couldn't be. After all the good you've done there's no way," I add firmly. Carlisle may be a vampire but he can't be dammed.                    

"Then you and I agree. But Edward doesn't believe there's an afterlife for our kind," Carlisle murmurs as he works. Suddenly he looks up at Bella. "He thinks we've lost our souls."               

"That's why he won't... He thinks he'd be damning me," Bella exclaims in realization and squeezes my hand.

I don't know what I believe about vampire afterlife but I do believe that whatever is in store for me can't be good.                            

"If you believed as he did, would you risk it?" Bella looks down pensively and bites her lip. "No, not ever.."

I'm glad he made Bells think but he definitely did not deter her.

I rub Bella's shoulder and we both gaze as Carlisle lights a match on her bloody causes.

Tonight has forced me to really think about the life Bella is now involved in. I should have pushed harder for Edward to stay away.                                

~~~

Jade

~~~

"So Billy when do you think he'll transform?" I ask cheekily as we eat dinner. Jacob went out with Quil and Embry so it's just Billy and I tonight. I made burgers and fries.

"I'm not so sure Jade. His father showed signs of the shift months before it happened," Billy replies casually and continues to eat. I nod in understanding and chew down a fry.

"But me I showed signs one day before I exploded," I point out and chuckle. "I scared the shit out of my mom. But she was proud." I smile sadly when I remember. My parents died a year later.

"Well my money is on it happening months from now," Billy states.

"And I say weeks," I counted with a grin.

We sit in a comfortable silence till Billy looks up at me.

"Jacob says that Bella and her sister have been hanging with the Cullen's lately."

"Oh yeah they have. Bella is dating Edward Cullen and her cute sister Reyna just seems to hag with them as a consequence of that," I explain. It annoys me very much that Bella and Reyna Swan have been slumming it with vampires and probably don't even know it.

"I hope they stay out of trouble," Hilly mutters. He really means 'if they get turned the wolves will be on the Cullens in seconds.'

"Don't worry Billy I've got my protector eyes on them," I assure. Reyna's too cute to be bitten by a vampire.

~~~

Reyna

~~~

The car ride home is painfully quiet and awkward. Bella is squished between Edward and I. A huge red bow hangs from the new stereo on the dashboard that I can't even turn on because Bella insists on silence.

Bella stares at Edward as se studies him trying to pin his thoughts while I just stare out the window.

"Say something," Bella demands and I sigh.

"You guys really have to stop having these couple conversations in front of me," I grumble. Every time they do this it remains me of how single I am because one dumb boy won't cooperate with me.

"What do you want me to say?" Edward asks. They are both completely ignoring me.                 

"That I'm a klutz. That I should have   been more careful-"                 

"You got a paper cut. Normal people get paper cuts. And a normal boyfriend wouldn't have flung you into glass vases. A normal boyfriend wouldn't have had to fight the urge to kill you-"

"Fuck Edward don't say that shit in front of me!" I snap.                                

"Stop. I don't want normal, I want you," Bella insists and glares at me while I scowl at Edward.

He doesn't reposed to her and just pulls the truck into our driveway.                                              

"You can't protect me from everything something's going to separate us accident, illness, old age... as long as I'm human," Bella argues. I really wish she'd understand how hard it would be to force someone into this existence. I could never turn anyone willingly.

"That's your solution? My ending your life?" Edward questions absolutely appalled.

"Your giving me forever," Bella counters. Edward faces forward loping terribly torment and exits the car. He comes around to open the side door. I hop out but Bella just scoots forward and reaches for Edwards hand.                       

"Carlisle told me how you feel, about my soul, but I don't believe that-" Bella persists and Edward subtly moves his hand away form hers.

I guiltily watch them, I'm too curious to walk away.             

"You should go in. It's late," Edward utters. Bella climbs out of the car and stands before him.

Edward looks down at her and his face softens. He places a hand on her cheek and rubs his thumb ok her skin.

"I'll leave my window open for you," Bella whispers and I let out a small groan. I can never sleep when he's around.

"I won't be coming back. Not tonight," Edward says quietly. That's odd usually he comes ever other night religiously.            

"Then... can I ask for one thing? It's still my birthday." Edward nods and Bella inhales deeply. "Kiss me?"                                     

Immediately I avert my gaze. Out of the corner of my eye I watch as he gently lifts her face and kisses her. Suddenly it turns urgent and almost painful looking. I make a gagging sound and swivel around.

When I turn back he's gone.

"Come on Bells, Charlie still wants us to have a slice of pie with him," I say and grab onto her hand. Bella smiles at me gratefully and we walk in together.

~~~

Lazily I lounge on Bella's bed as she prints pictures out. I have to watch er piece together the scrapbook so I cha make sure she doesn't put any bad pictures of me in there.

The printer spits out the final picture, it's Bella and Edward. Bella sighs and folds it in half before sticking it in the scrapbook so her face isn't showing.

I raise an eyebrow but let it be.

~~~

I don't sleep a wink and by morning I'm frazzled and stressed.

Why does what happened feel like such a rude awakening?

A/N: Whew! Long chapter!!! Wow was it cool? Did you guys have fun? I did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

931K 27.9K 17
❝Life could have swallowed all the light in her, and she'd still be full of fire and fight.❞ cover by @allisonsargent [ NEW MOON ] [ HAVEN...
1.4M 48.1K 22
[Just so everyone that reads this book knows, I have made the decision to just leave this book to rest. I won't edit it ever probably and no future s...
464K 7.6K 24
In which Billy wasn't expecting to want Maya for himself- with an intensity that drives him to get her pregnant before her father finds out about the...
1.1M 29.7K 36
❝I didn't want to fear the demons of the world, so I became one.❞ ❝Dying hurts, turning was excruciating.❞ ❝Don't pass judgment on me like you're som...