A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of...

By phoenixstarr

More

Preface
Girls Just Want to Have Fun
A Brief Escape Only to Be Caught
She's so Cute When She Sleeps
Between The Truth and The Lie/The Truth Hurts Worse
Thanks For The Memories/ New Beginnings
Goodbyes, Packing, And A Frosty/Why Do You Have To Be The Voice Of Reason?
The New Girl On The Block/I Set My Clocks Early Cause I Know I'm Always Late
It Takes Two To Make A Thing Go Right
Still So Young, Desperate For Attention
An Odd Encounter With A Blast From The Past
I Don't Need This Right Now
An Evening For Two
Nothing Like A Water Balloon Fight To Break The Ice
Girls, Girls, Girls
Brendon's Dilemma
Sam's Bad Day
A Day In The Life Of.../Once Bitten, Twice As Shy
An Old Aqaintence, A Familiar face
Not You Too
Crazy And Delusional Are You
Matters Of The Heart
Boys Will Be Boys, Baby
Homeward Bound/What Have You Done To Me?
The Jealous Factor
Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have
Swear To Shake It Up If You Swear To Listen
House of Cards
Wipe That Smile Off Your Face
Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder/Torn Between Two Lovers
We Learned From The Best
I'm A Survivor/Time To Dance
Chaos, Panic, Confusion, And You
Kiss Me Like You Mean It
Take One For The Team/Three Words Say It All
One Last Kiss Before I Go
Goodbye To You And Everything That I Knew
Long Live The Car Crash Hearts/I Miss You
Followed/Family Reunion
Anyone Have A Plan To Get Us Out?/Time For A Little Mother-Daughter Talk
The Answer To Mom's Death Revealed
Crush Crush
Jenny To The Rescue
Q and A Time And It's All On Me

The Attempted Rescue

3 0 0
By phoenixstarr

As I walked out of the room so Pete and my mother could talk and one of the guards closed the door so that they could not be bothered, I studied the guards carefully. One of the guards looked a taller than me and had what I call dirty blonde hair. He was kind of cute, which I know I should not be thinking at a time like this. The other vampire guard did not look as friendly.

"So, how long have you been working for my mother?" I asked the blonde vampire as we followed the other guard down a hall.

"I'm not really supposed to be talking to you. You are off limits." He replied.

"Well, I don't bite, oh, no pun intended." I said feeling stupid. That was a stupid thing to say, Amanda.

He laughed and said, "The name is Adam, kid."

"Kid?" I asked annoyed.

"Well, you would kill me if I called you beautiful. Or your boyfriend would kill me." Adam laughed. He had a gorgeous smile. I had better watch it. I think I was starting to blush.

"So how did you end up here with my mother?"  I asked since the other vampire was not going to make small talk.

"It's a long story.  But I came here to this city with my best friend before I was turned." He painfully replied. "I don't know where my friend William is now. We were separated. I hope he was able to get out of this city. A girl turned me; of course, I took out on a date. I didn't know she was a vampire. Your mother and some of her men found me and I trained here to fight the good fight. That's the short version." Adam replied.

"I see. I really am sorry for the question." I said feeling so embarrassed for no reason.

"It is really, ok, Amanda." He said giving me that melting smile again. He was so nice once he was talking to me.

"Maybe we will see each other again now that my friends and mother will be helping you guys." I said smiling back at Adam.

About that time, I heard a noise from around the corner of a hallway we needed to get to. I stopped as Adam signaled me to stay behind and not to move as he went up ahead where his guard friend had disappeared to. I heard silence and I could not take it anymore. I stuck my head around the corner to the left and from the right I was grabbed from behind with a hand over my mouth.

I went to scream and was about to knee my kidnapper when the hand let go and I heard a, "Whoa! Oh, no you will not, missy."

"I am not having you do that again!" Brendon said as I turned around.

"Brendon!" I said seeing he was free and hugging him.

"Wait, what are you doing out?" I asked.

"I came to rescue you guys." I heard Jenny say behind me as I saw everyone had split up and now were all meeting in the hallway of the one I was standing in.

"Adam!" I yelled looking for him and seeing him behind Brendon lying on the floor.

"Brendon, what did you do?" I asked.

"What? I only knocked him out. I didn't kill him if that is what you are implying. What do you care about him for anyway? He is just a guard for your mother." Brendon kneeled beside me after I had walked over to Adam.

"No, he is different. He actually talked to me like a person. I hope he will wake up ok." I said.

"What difference does this make?" Erelin said as I got up away from Adam.

"Yeah, he will be fine. We do not have much time until I am spotted on their cameras, Amanda. You need to take us to Pete." Jenny said.

"You all do realize that Pete is talking to my mother who thinks we are all waiting in that cell and that she was going to release us all, right?" I said looking at everyone.

"Well, I just couldn't wait. I'm sorry." Jenny said holding onto Rick.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"Well, Chris and Chrissy are running around here somewhere to distract the other men outside so I could sneak in and get you guys. Jake and Sam are doing surveillance and such in the van a block away. They shut down the lights and cameras for a bit for me to get in here quietly. In other words they hacked in their computer defense system." Jenny explained.

"Wow. I didn't know Jake was that good." I said impressed.

"You would be amazed at what all he knows." Rick said.

"Amanda, you are ok, right?" Erelin asked seeing me keep looking back at Adam lying there on the floor.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said unsure why I even cared about how he was.

I heard a mumble come from Adam. He was trying to come to. I looked back at him.

"Come on. You need to be the buffer between us and your mom so she doesn't have our heads for breaking out." Erelin said grabbing my arm as we left Adam and the other guard there and took off in the direction that my mom and Pete were.

I was not going to be the one to barge in on Pete and my mother's conversation. Patrick finally knocked, and when no one answered, Brendon was the first to barge in with me rolling my eyes. This was not a good idea.

I saw the confused look on Pete's face. I then turned to see my mother get up from where she was sitting. We are in big trouble now.

"Amanda, what is this and who is the girl?" My mom asked walking over to me with Jenny hiding behind Rick for support. For someone who could take out vampires and plan a rescue she sure was scared of my mom. I did not know if I should laugh at or be worried for her.

"Mom," I said stepping in front of Rick, "This is Jenny." "She is Rick's girlfriend." I said trying to smile and not act afraid.

"How did you get in here, missy?" Mom asked.

"I, uh...uh staged a rescue because I thought that they needed rescuing." Jenny said nervously.

"You did this by yourself?" Mom asked.

"Well..." Jenny began to say.

"Boss! Boss!" Some guards yelled down the hall.

"Now what?" My mother asked stepping out into the hall.

"We caught these intruders running around outside." One guard said holding Chrissy and another was holding Chris with two more guards behind them.

"I take it these are friends of yours as well, Amanda." My mother said shaking her head.

"Mom, meet Chris and Chrissy. They also came to rescue me." I said walking over to them as they looked confused as to why I just called a vampire mom.

"Well, maybe I underestimated your friends. You certainly have enough people who care about you." My mother said.

"So does this mean we won't be sent to our death?" Chrissy asked with Erelin chuckling behind me.

"No. You all may go. I am sure Amanda will fill you in on everything. Just remember, Amanda that we will keep in touch." Mother said as I walked everyone but Pete who my mother had one last thing to tell him, out the door.

"You had better explain things. I thought that Chrissy and I were goners." Chris said.

"Oh, we will." I said laughing.

As I stood in the hall, I heard a voice yell my name. I turned around to see it was Adam. He looked hurt and confused at what had happened. Erelin shot me a dirty look as she held Brendon's hand; a look that screamed we are going to talk about this later.

"Amanda, what happened?" He said as he caught up to me.

I pulled him aside from the group who stared at me as if I was a traitor and apologized. "I am so sorry. My friends came to rescue me and my other friends and well, they thought you guys, were the bad guys. You have to forgive them. Mom is letting us all go now. I am just waiting on my boyfriend, Pete." I said not sure why I was telling him this. Was I trying to make him jealous or just inform him so that he does not get any wrong idea?

"Oh. It is nice to meet you guys even though you knocked me out." Adam said extending out his hand.

"I don't trust other vampires, only my best friend, Pete." Brendon said turning away.

"Brendon, that was rude." I said.

Everyone else shook his hand even Erelin, who I could tell was dying on the inside but she did it for me. I knew we were going to have a talk at one point or another when we get home. I was getting antsy. What could Pete and my mother have left to talk about?

I stepped closer to the door and heard my mother tell Pete, "Just remember what I said earlier, Pete." "If you do find the one who started this mess and kill him, then you will die as all vampires will. Do not get yourself too attached to my daughter. I do not want her to have to lose someone else she cares about deeply. "Mom added leaving me wonder what all had been said earlier while I was not in this room.

"Ahem." I said standing in front of the door now, ready to go home. My home was with Pete.

"Ah, Amanda, dear, you are free to go." Mom said walking over to me to hug me.

I could not help but notice Pete's face, and how uncomfortable, he looked. Did my mom get to him? Did she tell him to stay away from me?

The guards escorted us back to the van where Jake and Sam were. They both looked confused at what was happening as we had piled into the van. They also looked like they were too busy making out instead of caring to know if Jenny had rescued us. Chrissy and her doting boyfriend made sure to give them grief on the way home, as they were the only ones in our group who were not captured.

As for me, I sat back in my seat, staring out the window. My mind was racing. I surprisingly had Adam in my thoughts and if I will ever see him again. I also drifted back to what I overheard mom tell Pete.

I turned to look at Pete, whose gaze avoided mine. What was happening here? Was my relationship with Pete slowly falling apart? Was I stupid to sleep with him last night? Maybe a goodnights sleep is in order to help clear my head that is, provided I can get some sleep. What am I to do? I just wish Pete would say something right now.

The ride home in the van was noisy. Rick and Erelin were filling in Jenny, Chrissy, Sam, Chris, and Jake on everything that had happened and who my mother was. All I could do was sit in silence and stare out the window. Pete never said a word to me although I did hear him whisper to Brendon every now and then.

When we arrived home, I knew that everyone wanted to talk to me some but they thought it was best to let me try to be alone and sleep for the night. I greatly appreciated that. I ran upstairs before Erelin or Pete could grab me and went up to my room.

I felt dirty and wanted a shower to make me feel better. I laid out my pajamas on the bed and headed into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and let the water run for a bit. I climbed in and sat against the wall just thinking.

I thought about all that had happened in the last two days. I almost lost my life last night at the club, which led to Pete rescuing me and us hiding out in my professor's apartment. The things we said last night to each other echoed in my head.

I had told Pete I loved him. He told me he loved me too, earlier tonight. I felt that we had that connection last night. I am confused though. Maybe what we shared last night was only the fact that we both were caught in a moment. We both thought that we were going to be killed.

Maybe sleeping with Pete was a bad mistake on my part. Yet, I cannot shake the feelings I felt when we had sex last night. I was ready and I wanted to. I am finally over the whole Colin situation I was in and was ready to move on with Pete. I feel so strongly to him and it is not because he bit me.

I would hope he feels the same about me but now I am just so confused. He talked to me when he was thrown into the cell with me but maybe it was just to calm me down because now he has not spoken one word to me since we left the jailhouse. I think my mom might have something to do with this.

How dare she interfere with my love life or life at all? I want to be with Pete but I think somehow she may have convinced him to back away from our relationship or whatever it is we have. How can I live here now, knowing that I love Pete but can't be with him if this is the case? I can't just turn my feelings off to him, as he may be able to do for me.

I know the risks in seeing Pete. Honestly, I do not care. He has already bit me and I know he would never do it again. I trust Pete, which is more then I can say for my own mother now, even though I am glad she is back. I do not want to be turned, yet secretly; I think a part of me wants to be turned by Pete if something should ever happen to me.

Then there is Adam. He is cute, and sweet. He is also a vampire. I started to feel something for him today too. Why do I attract the idiots and vampires to my life? I know it was just a minor crush. Nothing will happen with him. Besides, I love Pete. Even if I did date or whatever with Adam, mother would try to have her say in that too and break us up as she is trying to do with Pete.

I finished my shower and wrapped a towel over me. Then, I wrapped my hair in a towel. I walked over to the foggy mirror and wiped it off. Looking at the mirror and seeing my reflection, I wondered who I really was.

Gone are all the carefree days I used to have. Now, all I seem to have is worry lines from knowing if my friends will be safe or if I can defeat my dad when the time comes. I am a much different person then say, a week ago. I know too much now and I am in way, too deep to ever back out or run away from now.

I took my hair out of the towel once it was not as too wet, and fixed it so that it would dry straight and walked out of the bathroom. My jaw dropped. Sitting on my bed, was Pete. He looked worried about something, which in turn made me start to worry. Was he here to break it off with me? Was he here to tell me that last night was a mistake?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 109 17
787 32 9