Mickey's Lessons on Bad

By _Catalyst

{COMPLETED} ❝ Cause I want it bad, I want a bad girl, baby, bad I want a love that's crazy, yeah I want a b... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Lesson 1: Never Be On Time
Lesson 2: First Names Are So Overrated
Lesson 3: Lying Is Your BFF
Lesson 4: No Pain, No Gain
Lesson 5: Only Parties With Alcohol
Lesson 6: How To Pay Attention? You Don't
Lesson 7: It's Curses- Not Cusses
Lesson 8: Never Help Your Ex
Lesson 9: Hypocrites Deserves Smack-Downs
Lesson 10: Pick Up The Phone- Not
Lesson 11: One Point or Another, You Ditch
Lesson 12: Bad Is All In The Looks
Lesson 13: Reek With Dominance
Lesson 14: Who Cares?
Lesson 15: Screw Peer Pressure!
Lesson 16: Sarcasm... Everyone's Second Language
Lesson 17: Kiss Like You Have Just #1Nite
Lesson 18: The Arts of Tease and Flirt
Lesson 20: Seduce Me, Please
Lesson 21: Give Me The Adrenaline Rush
Lesson 22: Stand Up
Lesson 23: Sneaky+Manipulative=Sexy
Lesson 24: Don't Mess With Minds
Lesson 25: Need Help? Get It
Lesson 26: Learn To Hide Things Better
Lesson 27: Do What You'll Regret
Lesson 28: Get Crazy In Front Of Crowds!
Lesson 29: No Invites Means Crashing
Lesson 30: Haters Have To Hate
Lesson 31: Disses Are For The Misses
Lesson 32: Be Rude, Show No Mercy
Lesson 33: Just Be You
All Lessons on Bad
Fun Facts of MLOB
Bonus Chapter: Mickey's p.o.v. (Lesson 27)

Lesson 19: Threats Never Gets Old

1.5K 30 14
By _Catalyst

“God! Is this seriously yours to keep?” Tami inquired, unable to take her hands off of the light salmon colored dress that was lying on Michelle’s bed. “I think I should try dating a Varsity…”

       Michelle rolled her eyes at her friend and shook her head. “I didn’t even want the dress,” she chimed. “I mean it is breathtaking and all, but it just costs too much.” There was another reason she didn’t want the dress, but the last thing she wanted to do was to tell anyone about it.

       Tami shot her a disbelief look. “You’re joking me, right? I’d kill for this dress.”

       “Remind me to stay away from you for the next few nights,” she joked, cracking a smile.

       “C’mon, Michie! You and I both know you usually don’t lack enthusiasm when it came to sexy-ass dresses!” her friend exclaimed, her eyes narrowing. “What happened? Is Mickey being bad to you again? I swear, that boy has no clue how to deal with a girl.”

       Michelle waved a dismissive hand. “Don’t chu worry ‘bout me,” she responded. “Mickey’s just fine… All you should be worrying about is Ronnie.” Her eyebrows wiggled at her blue haired friend suggestively.

       Tami’s face turned red, but it wasn’t from embarrassment. “Oh, god! Don’t bring up that!” she exclaimed, throwing herself onto Michelle’s back, laying on her back. She covered her face with her hands. “He’s like a frickin’ stalker, or somethin’. I have no idea where he got my phone number from and he’s always blowing up my phone! Do you know how many times my phone froze, because of him?”

       “I’m guessing you don’t like him.”

       “I don’t!” she exclaimed, sitting up. “I honestly don’t and I won’t. He needs to find another damn girl to harass, because he’s wasted his stupid time!”

       Michelle chuckled. “I don’t know. I’ve never seen Ronnie so excited about someone,” she claimed. “And I don’t mean in the perverted way.”

       “You never do,” Tami muttered with an eye roll. She shook her head and suddenly grinned. “So, what’re you gonna do to your hair and makeup?”

       “Nothing special. Just gonna curl my hair a bit and add some mascara and lip gloss. The dress will already make me look fabulous enough.” Michelle was now toying with Tami, saying the things her friend wanted to hear so it won’t somehow end up with her divulging in her big secret.

       It seemed to work when the grin blossomed wider than before on Tami’s face. “Let’s get crackin’ then!”

 *

Mickey stuffed his hands into his pockets as he waited outside of Michelle’s house, rocking on the balls of his feet. The last thing he wanted to do was to go up to the front door and knock, especially after hearing the yelling coming from the Richmond parents.

       He grimaced to himself. How does Michelle keep her sweet innocence in this household?

       The thought of Michelle caused the grimace to quickly disappear. Mickey had absolutely no clue as to what dress that girl would be wearing tonight. It excited him– made him anxious to see what his mother chose to compliment Michelle’s beauty. He mentally snorted. What’s wrong with him? Mickey’s turning into a creepy, romantic dude that’ll most likely not end up getting the girl he wanted. And yet another grimace decided to appear on his face. Way to boost your self-esteem, self!

       The front door suddenly opened and quickly stepped out a certain beauty before she scurried towards his car, stopping just a foot away from him.

       Never before in his life had Mickey been so proud of his mother.

       Michelle’s body was wrapped in a pink– or as Ella would correct salmon– dress that he knew was strapless, seeing as she wore a white, cotton sweater that was unbuttoned and barely reached her hips. The top part was a darker salmon color than the bottom with more of those designer wrinkles. Her skirt reached mid-thighs, but it had a tail reaching her ankles. Her feet were covered in a silver part of heels that added a few inches to her height, but not enough for Michelle to reach his height.

       “Wow,” escaped Mickey’s lips as all he wanted to do at the moment was run his fingers over the fabric of the dress to feel each of her beautiful curves. “You look,” he swallowed, “breathtaking.”

       Much to his pleasure, her cheeks heated up as she stared up at him through those beautiful, blue eyes. “Thank you,” she murmured bashfully, her eyes trailing over his attire. “You don’t look, um, half as bad.”

       He grinned, responding, “Thank you.” He was wearing a black and white tuxedo, along with a salmon colored tie that his mother forced on him. That explained a lot.

       “Should we get, uh, going?” Michelle asked, her bashfulness slowly dissipating. She shivered a bit, folding her arms over her chest. “It’s kinda cold.”

       Mickey’s eyes widened and he didn’t hesitate in stepping out of the way of the passenger’s door, opening it for her. “Oh, here,” he said, gesturing for her to get inside. “Sorry.” His heart hammered in his chest when he felt those warm pair of lips brush against his cheek.

       “It’s fine,” she replied and slipped into the car, fixing the dress so the tail was underneath her butt.

       He closed the door behind her and squeezed his eyes shut, just standing there for a good moment, allowing the cold, November air nip at him. Mickey then reopened his eyes and walked around the car, slipping into the driver’s side. He made a mental declaration that tonight was going to be an interesting night.

 *

The moment they stepped into the entrance, warm air blasted them, engulfing them in a nice hug.

       Michelle's grip on Mickey's arm tightened at the sight of all the rich, elegant people that wandered in the foyer, chatting with friends and entering the banquet hall. She felt like a little kid walking into an adult's party. Mickey looked like he belonged here more than she did.

       "Are you okay?" Mickey whispered to her, laying his hand over hers and giving a comforting squeeze. "We can always lea–"

       "No," she interjected, releasing a shaky breath. She forced a smile to her face as she looked up at him. "I'm fine, just a little self-conscious."

       He sent her a disapproving look and began guiding her towards the hall. "About what? You're the most beautiful woman in this room– in this entire banquet."

       It seemed like lately Mickey enjoyed adding color to Michelle's cheeks as she blushed. "You didn't even look around at the other women," she pointed out.

       He patted her hand and laughed. "Do I even have to?"

       Michelle opened her mouth to retort when a body suddenly slammed into her, arms wrapping around her torso. Thankfully, the body didn't lay a finger on her arms. Her vision was filled with short, dark brown locks. "You're choking me, Ronnie," she managed to hiss as the idiot squeezed the living life out of her.

       Ronnie pulled away, grinning like a maniac like she had seen before. "How did you know it was me?" he questioned, oddly tapping her nose.

       "Because no mature person in this banquet would tackle Michelle like that," Mickey scoffed, burying his hands into his pockets while glaring at his friend.

       "You're no fun, Mickey!" Ronnie chortled, pouting.

       Michelle covered her mouth when she began giggling, gaining the males' attention.

       "What's so funny?" they asked, their tones different from one another's. Mickey's was more serious and filled with irritation pointed towards Ronnie whilst Ronnie's was more curious and amused.

       "Your bantering are always cute," she answered, slipping her arm through Mickey's, resting her head against his shoulder. She didn't realize what she was doing at all; it just felt natural to do. "It reminds me of Tami and Tyler."

       At the sound of Tami's name, Ronnie's eyes brightened. "Tami? How is she doing?" he asked, sounding genuinely curious, as he folded his arms over his chest in an un-elegant manner. "She hasn't picked up any of my calls or responded to any of my texts."

       Michelle swallowed, staring at the hurt which raced through those dark orbs. Ronnie was really into Tami even though he barely knew her. At the moment, he looked like a wounded puppy in search of an owner.

       "You sound like a stalker," Mickey stated, interrupting Michelle's thoughts. "Just leave the chick alone, man. She's obviously not interested."

       When Ronnie's shoulders hunched, Michelle spoke, "I think you should keep trying. Instead of trying to use technology to interact with Tami, go to her in person. Show her your cute, silly side instead of your slutty, I'm-so-bad-ass side. She prefers the interior rather than the exterior."

       Ronnie took in every word that she said from the looks of things, much to her relief. "I will ignore your comment about the slutty and bad ass-ness, but thanks," he said, giving his own genuine smile. "Your advice means a lot."

       She gave a sweet, bone-chilling smile and said in a matching, bone-chilling voice, "Just don't make me regret giving you the advice. Capiche?"

       His eyes widened slightly with hints of fear racing through. "Capiche," he hesitantly echoed. "Well, I have a feeling that Ella will want to see you in her one-of-a-kind dress. See ya." Ronnie walked past them, but not without whispering into Michelle's ear teasingly, "Don't forget to use protection."

       Her face reddened and she turned her head, watching him disappear into the crowd. So, he remembered that whole conversation, Michelle thought bitterly to herself. Great.

       "Are you okay?"

       Looking over at Mickey, she noticed his worried expression as he watched her. "I'm fine," she answered with a small smile.

       "Did Ronnie say anything that bothered you?" Mickey asked, lifting his hand and covering her hand that was on his arm. He rubbed smooth circles on her fingers.

       "Mickey, I'm fine," she repeated, rolling her eyes. "I swear I'm going to smack you if you ask that again."

       "You've lately been already mastering your lessons," he commented, pulling her into the banquet halls. In reality, it was pretty much a ballroom rather than some party hall. Tables surrounded the dance floor and people in elegant gowns and tuxes danced on said dance floor.

       “Hmmm… Let me guess. This time was threatening people?” Michelle inquired, smirking.

       “It never gets old,” he confirmed, nodding.

       “Oh, lookie!” a familiar voice cried and before Michelle knew it, she was grabbed by her free arm and violently yanked away from Mickey.

       Those blue eyes were wide in bewilderment as her gaze set upon Ella, who was smiling largely like a cheshire cat. Michelle could faintly hear Mickey mutter, “And, of course, we have the other type of immature people here, snatching other’s dates.”

       “Girls, this is Michelle,” Ella proudly announced to the group of women that circled them. They looked to each be somewhere in their forties; some in their late thirties or early fifties. But, despite their ages, they all looked very extravagant and rich. “She’s Mickey’s girlfriend.”

       A woman across them in the group made a loud snorting noise, not sounding ladylike whatsoever. She was one of those women that looked to be in her early fifties, perhaps mid. “Mickey’s girlfriend?” she repeated, disbelieving. “That boy does not settle down whatsoever. This girl must be one of those gold-digging fling, or whatever they call those now-a-days.”

       Michelle raised an eyebrow at the comment. The woman was accusing her of being a whore that hung out with Mickey for his money. An arm suddenly encircled her waist and she looked up to see Mickey standing there with narrowed eyes.

       “Actually, Raquelle,” Mickey responded, “I am in a serious relationship with Michelle. And we all know that I don’t date someone for more than a month. I’ve been dating Michelle for a good three or so months by now.”

       It wasn’t a lie. They’ve started “dating” by the end of August and it was already mid-November.

       “Mickey, me boy!”

       Michelle watched as a man slapped Mickey’s back and took his free hand in a firm handshake. He looked awfully familiar. He looked older, around the ages of forty, and was tall; around six foot three, a few inches taller than Mickey. His hair was cut short and a dark brown, nearly black, color. His eyes were a large, dark pair of brownness.

       “Mr. McCoy,” greeted Mickey in response, grinning. “It’s a surprise to see you out of the office.”

       It struck her. That’s Ronnie’s dad.

       Mr. McCoy snorted, rolling his eyes. “Yeah, well, I wasn’t planning on coming. But you know how Liv and Elle are about banquets,” he stated.

       “I could imagine,” Mickey responded, chuckling.

       Mr. McCoy’s eyes trailed over to Michelle and she immediately became shy, feeling herself inch closer to Mickey under the elder man’s gaze. “This must be the famous Michelle Richmond,” Mr. McCoy announced and held a hand out to the girl, wearing a large grin that highly resembled Ronnie’s. “Hello. I’m Ronald McCoy, but call me Ron.”

       Ronnie’s a Junior? Michelle thought questionably to herself as she pulled a hand away from Mickey to slip into the man’s hand. “Uh, hello.”

       “God, you’re prettier in person,” Ron commented, dropping her hand. “I’ve heard many stories about you and–”

       “Mr. McCoy,” Mickey interjected, his arm slipping around her waist and yanking her against his side. Pain washed through Michelle when her arm clashed with his side, but she forced a grimace from her face. “Why don’t you go and say hello to my mother?”

       With a chuckle, Ron shook his head. “Ah, Mickey, just as easily embarrassed as ever.” He looked over at Michelle and smirked, telling her, “Angel, if you ever need any dirt on this dumbnut, I’d be more than happy to share Mickey’s diary with cha. Actually, I’d be more than happy to share it to anyone… I’m lonely and people doesn’t want to hear Scary Mickey’s dirty secrets.”

       “That’s because everyone knows they’ll get a pounding if they listen to you, you crazy coop.”

       “I’d love to hear some,” Michelle voiced, smiling in amusement. “I’ll just hang out with Ronnie one day.”

       Ron’s eyes brightened and he replied, “Oh! You know my son?”

       “She’s my girlfriend, Mr. McCoy.” Mickey stated, rolling his eyes, “Of course she knows Ronnie.”

       “Why do you call him so formally?” she asked curiously.

       “Like Ronnie, Mr. McCoy’s a freak,” her fake boyfriend answered, scratching the back of his head. “So, he enjoys telling people to call him different things. I’m forced to call him formally whenever we’re at any type of formal party, but I call him Daddy-o when I’m at the McCoy’s residence.”

       “Which isn’t as often as I’d like,” muttered Ron.

       Mickey’s grip on her loosened, allowing her to take a small step away to alleviate the pain. “I’ve been a tad busy lately,” he admitted, pressing a kiss to the top of Michelle’s head.

       Ron nodded in approval and brightly smiled at Michelle. “Well, I don’t want to hold you guys here for so long. Go and mingle, but don’t forget to use protection,” he added teasingly with a suggestive wink.

       Michelle’s face heated up at his suggestion. It relieved her when Mickey grabbed her hand and guided her away. “He was, um, interesting,” she commented as they walked.

       “Yeah. Ronnie gets all his stupidity from his father,” Mickey responded, shrugging. “Let’s just hope we don’t run into Mrs. McCoy. She’s strict, snobbish, and a real bi– Oh, hey, Mrs. McCoy!”

       Shock couldn’t describe what Michelle felt when they ran into Ronnie’s mother. Mrs. McCoy looked absolutely strict and stern with no source of humor or amusement anywhere, which would be found on Ron’s and Ronnie’s face. The only thing she was doing with her face was pursing her lips, making her high cheekbones look even higher. The resemblance towards the McCoy men came with her dark brown hair that was molded over her head in one of those buns. She was really skinny, practically just had bone, but the dark navy gown she wore that reached the floor helped her look less scary skinny.

       “Mickey,” the matching stern voice said as a greeting, holding out her hand.

       Mickey dropped Michelle’s hand to catch the woman’s hand and kiss the knuckles. “Mrs. McCoy, you’re looking as lovely as ever,” he responded before dropping her hand and wrapping an arm around Michelle’s waist. “I would love to introduce you to my girlfriend, Mi–”

       “Michelle Richmond,” Mrs. McCoy interjected, a not kind tone in her voice. It was filled with ice. “Yes, I am aware of who she is. You honestly do not believe that your mother wouldn’t brag about her son finally having a girlfriend.” She spared Michelle a mere glance. “She’s pretty, I suppose. Not precisely Varsity material, but a pretty face.”

       Like a slap to the face, Michelle’s eyes widened at the insult. People really do enjoy protecting their own kinds and Mrs. McCoy won’t put a front to protect the Varsity family. Suddenly, a thought came to mind and Michelle decided to voice it, “You’re very admirable, Mrs. McCoy.”

       Not only did Mickey look dumbstruck at the compliment given to Ronnie’s mother, but so did Mrs. McCoy.

       “You stand up for the Varsity family and look after them like your own,” she continued, starting to feel more and more awkward as she talked. “Your comment was a tad hurtful, but it’s understandable.” Michelle pressed her chest against Mickey’s side and placed a hand on his chest. “Hopefully, I’ll be around long enough for you to find me as Varsity material, Mrs. McCoy.”

       Mickey watched Mrs. McCoy intently as did Michelle. She was unsure of how the woman would react, especially with her lack of emotion.

       “Well,” Ronnie’s mother began, “thank you.” She sounded a bit strangled like she wasn’t sure of what to say and how to say it. “It’s… nice to hear some, uh, appreciation like that. You have guts, I admit. I should be going to make sure Ron or Ronnie aren’t doing anything stupid.” She began to walk off, but stopped to look back at Michelle and announced, “Call me Liv, Michelle.” With that, Mrs. McCoy left.

       “I can’t believe you actually wooed Mrs. McCoy,” Mickey breathed once the woman was out of sight. “I seriously can’t believe you won over Ronnie’s mom. She even wants you to call her by her first name. I knew Ronnie my whole life and Mrs. McCoy started allowing me to call her Liv when I was sixteen.” He pulled Michelle up against his body, keeping his arms tightly around her waist. “You’re so amazing,” he whispered and grazed her lips with his.

       Michelle was the one to add pressure into the kiss before she pulled away, smiling. Tingles washed over her lips when he brushed his lips against them once more.

       Peeling himself away, Mickey blatantly checked her out. “Are you hot?” he inquired, gripping the ends of her sweater. “Want me to take this to our table?”

       “No,” she refused instantly, slapping his hands away. “I’m fine.”

       He frowned. “Are you sure? It’ll get even hotter when everyone comes in and–”

       Michelle went on her toes, one hand clutching the back of Mickey’s head, and kissed him. It was sweet, but quick. Just as fast as she went to kiss him, just as fast she pulled away. “I’m fine,” she repeated, biting the inside of her cheek, not knowing what to think of his dazed look. “Please, Mickey, don’t worry about it.”

       “O-Okay,” he responded, staring down at her. He suddenly cupped her cheek and ran his thumb over her soft skin. “Michelle, I–”

       “I need to borrow her.” A hand grabbed Michelle’s wrist and hauled her out of Mickey’s arms, away from him. “Thanks, Mick.”

       Michelle raised an eyebrow at Ronnie’s back, but followed him nevertheless. She looked over her shoulder at Mickey and saw him already engaged in a conversation with a couple. His amber eyes flickered over to her and he raised a questionable eyebrow in which she shrugged to before turning back to Ronnie.

       He dragged her out of the ballroom, through the foyer where people were slowly gathering and going into the banquet, and into an empty hallway with a few doors. Two of which were labeled Men and Women. Ronnie came to a stop and spun around in time for Michelle to run into his chest. He laughed as she stumbled back, rubbing her nose.

       "So, I heard that you got my mom to like you," Ronnie started off, crossing his arms over his chest. He didn't look mad or annoyed, just like a person who wants a plain conversation.

       "Uh, yeah," Michelle answered, brushing a few loose strands of hair from her eyes. "I suppose so, but just out of curiosity, why did you bring me here?" Her eyebrow rose at him.

       He shrugged. "I just wanted to pull you away from Mickey for a bit," he replied. "I wanted to see if you have at all been thinking about that, uh, conversation we had while I was partially intoxicated."

       "Partially?" she scoffed. "Ronnie, you were napping in my closet and kept falling on the floor as if you were a turtle unable to get up.”

       “Okay, okay! I was really drunk.” He rolled his eyes and asked, “So, have you been thinking of the conversation?”

       All humor was wiped out of Michelle as she nodded her head and closed her eyes. “Yeah, I have,” she answered quietly, reopening her eyes. “It’s kinda… annoying.”

       “Annoying?”

       “Yeah, because I can’t stop getting these thoughts and dreams about Mickey out of my head.” She took a seat on a couch that sat across from the bathroom doors. “Like I want him. I want to be his girlfriend girlfriend. I want him in, you know, the way we were talking about at my house. But, at the same time, I’m scared about these wants. I’m scared of being rejected and ending up hurt– again.”

       Ronnie stared down at her, frowning. “Well, sometimes, you have to just ignore the fears and just take a chance,” he answered. “Minnie, I’m gonna be here for you like you’re here for me with my Tami issues. I will not allow you to get hurt again.”

       Through glassy eyes, Michelle smiled up. “Thanks, Ronnie.”

       “Now, I think it’s time for you to go back to your Romeo and tell him your true feelings,” he announced. He took both of her upper arms in hand and hauled her up, squeezing her arms in a tight grip, but nothing too painful.

       It would’ve been not too painful if her arms weren’t covered in horrendous colors. “Ow!” she whimpered loudly, tears brimming her eyes from the intense, burning pain gnawing at her arms.

       “Minnie?” Ronnie spoke, his eyes wide in bewilderment, as he stumbled back.

       Without any thoughts, Michelle sped around him, right into the women’s bathroom. The first part of the bathroom that welcomed her was the one crowded with mirrors. Stools and seats pressed up against the mirrors for women to just hangout or check their makeup or dresses. She went to the farthest mirror, noting the lack of women’s presence, and gently pushed down the sleeves of her sweater.

       Ugly.

       Black and blue.

       Bruises covered Michelle’s arms and she tried alleviating the pain by air blowing the wounds. While doing so, she wiped the tears from her eyes and made a mental note to apologize to Ronnie later.

       “Michelle?”

       Quickly, she covered the bruises with the sweater and spun around with the biggest, blue eyes. “Mickey?” she hissed when he approached her, concern edging into his facial features. “What are you doing here? This is the women’s bathroom!”

       “Are you okay?” he inquired, ignoring her questions. He gently scooped her face into his hands and made her look up at him. “Did Ronnie hurt you?”

       “I’m fi–” Michelle froze mid-word and gawked at him. “Wait. Were you listening to me and Ronnie?” she asked nervously.

       “Did Ronnie hurt you?” Mickey repeated, but fiercer and more forceful than the first time.

       “No. He didn’t.” She covered his hands with hers, enjoying the feel of his warmth against her skin. “I just have a few bruises from, uh,” she began lying, “banging into stuff when I was helping move stuff around the other day. He just touched the bruises.”

       “May I see the bruises?”

       “They’re just bruises.”

       “Michelle Sarah Richmond, may I see the bruises?” Yet again, he was fiercer and more forceful with his repetition.

       Michelle sighed, knowing that it was no use, but she wasn’t going to fold all of her cards. Her hands dropped, his hands following soon after, and she pushed her left sleeve down to her elbow.

       “You are one klutzy lady,” murmured Mickey, softly brushing his fingers against the bruised skin.

       Shivers ran down her body from the coldness of his fingers against her blazing hot skin. “Uh, yeah,” she responded unsurely. Then she watched Mickey intently as he bent his back forwards and allowed his lips to gently graze over her skin before they trailed up to her shoulder then neck until they reached her ear.

       Mickey mashed their bodies together as his lips toyed with her ear, peppering it with small kisses and nibbling her earlobe. He managed to seat Michelle onto the counter, her back against the mirror. “Now, it’s your turn to ask questions,” he stated in a low, husky voice that she had heard before.

       Her hands met Mickey’s chest and slid up to his shoulders, her nails digging into the jacket’s fabric for a good grip. “Did you hear me and Ronnie talking?” she asked in a rush, feeling breathless when he left her ear alone to kiss the skin underneath the earlobe, tickling her skin.

       “Perhaps.”

       With all the strength that she could muster up, Michelle pushed his shoulders back so that his head was away from her weak spots and allow her to think properly. “Were you listening to Ronnie’s conversation with me?” she inquired, mimicking his fierceness and forcefulness in her words.

       “Will it help if I told you that I like you also?” Mickey replied, wearing a smirk.

       Her breath clogged her throat as she stared at him in bewilderment and stammered, “Y-You… What?”

       “Can I kiss you?” he asked, pressing his forehead against hers and pushing her head backwards until it met the mirror. Without waiting for a response, he stole a kiss, but quickly pulled away. “Can I kiss you again?”

       Michelle, finally getting a grip on the situation, smirked and responded playfully, “No, but I can.” She moved in and began yet another hot, passionate kiss.

       Their lips danced against each others perfectly in sync. Mickey stood between Michelle’s legs that were pressed against his sides, his arms circling her waist, holding their low halves close together. Her arms, on the other hand, were wrapped around his neck, holding their upper halves mashed together. But, as the kiss progressed and it got hotter, their hands began exploring their bodies over their clothes.

       It was then Mickey got sick of standing. He lowered Michelle down onto the counter and climbed upon her, not fully pressing their bodies together in fear of crushing her. His hands were now able to explore her front while Michelle kept her hands on his backside, fearing that the bruises on her arms would disrupt the kiss if she were to hurt them more.

       For all that newfound couple knew, they could’ve made loved right there on that counter. For all they knew, they could’ve been mistaken for live porno for those that walked in.

       Thankfully, Mickey pulled away in time before any of that could happen. He climbed off Michelle and helped her down, attempting to mess up her hair that became identical to a bird’s nest.

       “Stop it!” she hissed, slapping Mickey’s hands away when they tried “helping” her again.

       He chuckled and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her back into his chest. “Why? Who cares about your hair?” he asked, kissing the edge of her shoulder. “You’re beau–”

       “If you’re gonna say that I look beautiful anyways, shut it,” Michelle interjected, playfulness in her voice. “We’re at a banquet with snobs and rich people. They, of course, will care.” She fixed her hair, but it was bouncier with larger curls than before.

       “So, Michelle Sarah Richmond,” Mickey began. He rested his chin on her shoulder and watched her through the mirror. “Will you become my girlfriend– my real girlfriend?”

 *

"Someone seems tired,” Ronnie commented to her right.

       Michelle made a sleepy 'mhmm' noise with her eyes closed and head rested against Mickey's shoulder. She cracked open her eyes and offered Ella, who was seated right across from her, an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry," she said. "I'm already falling asleep and the banquet isn't even three-fourths over."

       Ella waved her hand dismissively, beaming. “It’s okay. Why don’t Mickey take you home?”

       At the sound of his voice, Mickey wrapped a protective arm around Michelle’s waist. He was careful to not hurt her left arm, the one she showed the bruise. “Sure,” he piped, kissing her forehead.

       “No,” Michelle responded, eyes widening. “I can’t do that. Just give me a cup of coffee and I’ll–”

       “Don’t worry about it, Michelle,” Ella interjected, shaking her head. “This is the time the boys usually leave anyways. They never stay ‘til the end.”

       “Yeah. Don’t worry about it,” Mickey echoed in her ear in a low, husky voice. His hand on her waist started trailing up and down before rubbing soothing circles. “Let’s go home.”

       Another yawn escaped Michelle’s lips and her face heated up in embarrassment. “F-Fine,” she replied, pushing herself off of Mickey’s side.

       “What car should we take, Ma?”

       Mickey’s mother quieted for a moment then answered, “Just take your car. Take Ronnie with you two since he came with Liv and Ron.”

       He rolled his eyes. “Obviously,” he scoffed and grabbed Michelle’s hand, intertwining their fingers together. Mickey helped her up, continuing to hold their hands. “C’mon, Ronnie.”

       Ronnie rose and bid his goodbyes to the adults.

       They all walked out of the banquet in silence. Mickey and Michelle were ahead of Ronnie with their fingers interlocked, slightly swinging their hands. Everything was silent until– “Oh, god!”

       The couple stopped to look over at Ronnie. Michelle looked at him with wide, concerned eyes while Mickey just arched a brow.

       “You two are dating!” Ronnie hissed, gawking at their interlaced hands.

       Mickey snorted, saying, “I know we ar–”

       “I mean real dating,” he interjected, shooting Michelle’s boyfriend a glare. He grinned at Michelle. “Congratulations! Does this mean you stopped doing these lessons for O’Connors?”

       She bit the inside of her cheek, looked up at Mickey then back at Ronnie. “Well, we talked about it before. Yeah, the motive is no longer to win back Logan, but we’re continuing the lessons anyways.”

       “Even though I insisted that she doesn’t need to do them anymore,” Mickey added, randomly making his girlfriend do a twirl.

       “God. You better not become weak, Varsity,” warned Ronnie, but something flashed through his eyes that Michelle wasn’t able to pick up on.

       “I’ll try not to,” Mickey chimed, the same flash going through those amber orbs.

       Feeling annoyed and confused, Michelle snapped, “What are you two talking about?”

       Ronnie just chuckled and shook his head. “Better watch out, Mick. If you spoil Minnie too much, she’ll become one of those demanding girlfriends,” he joked, chuckling along with Mickey.

       Michelle, on the other hand, turned her head back forwards. Her gaze lowered to the ground. Am I spoiled? she thought to herself. Was I demanding girlfriend towards Logan? Will I be one for Mickey?

       Suddenly, something sounding like metal being tossed filled the air and Michelle lifted her head, feeling herself being pulled to a stop by Mickey.

       “Hey, Ronnie. Go and get our car here,” Mickey demanded. “I wanna make out with my new girlfriend.”

       Ronnie rolled his eyes and released a snort. “Do I look surprise?” he muttered and walked off.

       Michelle didn’t realize that they were already outside in front of the reception hall. She suddenly yawned and looked up at Mickey, who didn’t look like he was in the mood to make out from the deep frown on his face. “Just to let you know, I’m too tired to make out,” she stated, followed by another yawn.

       “I lied, Buttercup.”

       She knitted her eyebrows together in confusion. “Oh? And why?”

       His lips curled into a small, but sad smile as he dropped her hand to cup her face with both of his hands. “Did what Ronnie said hurt you?” he asked.

       “N-No,” she lied, eyes widening. Was she that easy to read?

       “You’ll never become a demanding girlfriend,” Mickey stated, moving in to get rid of the space between their bodies. His lips shifted into a sloppy, lopsided smile when he continued, “But I can’t say it won’t be the same with me.”

       Michelle opened her mouth to question him, only to have his lips cover hers. She gripped his hands and didn’t fight back in the kiss, but what broke them off was her sudden yawn. Yes. She yawned… in Mickey Varsity’s mouth– better than sneezing or vomiting in there, but still embarrassing enough.

       Mickey chuckled and pulled away from her, smirking at her red face. “You’re adorable.” He lightly tapped her nose.

       “I’m sorry that I’m sleepy.”

       “It’s… not okay. I’ll have to punish you for disrupting the kiss.”

       She gawked at him. Punish her? Before she could think of any possible “punishments” he could give her, she was scooped up princess style into Mickey’s arms, causing her to squeal like a pig. “Mickey!”

       “Now, where’s Ronnie?” he asked, turning around to face the cement pathway. “He better have not gotten lo–”

       “Mickey, let me go!” Michelle demanded, slapping his chest.

       He raised an eyebrow at her and smirked again. “I see you’re taking the violent lesson into account,” he teased, kissing the tip of her nose.

       “Mickey, please!”

       With a dead serious look on his face, Mickey responded, “Would you rather be over my shoulder?”

       She paused in her pleading. She quickly rested her head on his chest and looked up at him, underneath his chin. “Your arms are really comfortable,” Michelle stated, smiling innocently.

       “Okay. So, now, try falling asleep.”

       “No.”

       “Yes.”

       “No.” Michelle couldn’t risk falling asleep. “And that’s final.”

       “You know you’re really cute when you try bossing me around,” Mickey commented, shifting her into his arms for a better grip.

       She puffed out her cheeks. “Cute? Is that the only thing I am?”

       “Yep.” No source of hesitation in his answer.

       Michelle stayed quiet and nuzzled her head into his chest, releasing yet another yawn. But she wouldn’t fall asleep.

 *

“Thank you,” Michelle said, looking over at Mickey after he parked his car a few feet from her house.

       “You’re welcome,” he answered, draping an arm around her seat and leaning in. They already dropped Ronnie off at his house, so there shouldn’t be any disturbances. “Now, do I get a goodnight kiss?”

       “Perhaps.”

       Mickey chuckled while Michelle moved in the rest of the space until their lips met. The kiss lasted a good twenty seconds before Michelle pulled away, teasingly tugging on Mickey’s bottom lip until it slipped from her teeth.

       “Such a tease,” Mickey breathed, his voice on the verge of being raspy.

       “I learn from the best,” she chortled and threw open the car door, getting out.

       He hovered over her seat to get a better view of her, a cocky grin on his lips. “Yeah? Who’s that?”

       “Tyler,” Michelle answered, shutting the door. She gave a small wave then hurried to her house, not bothering to see if Mickey was watching her or not. Instead of going through the front door, she headed into the back, making sure to not be caught in the windows that she passed.

       She silently prayed that the dress wouldn’t get ruined as she climbed up her decently sized tree and hopped onto the roof, hurrying to her window. She looked over towards the street and saw Mickey’s car gone. Good. Michelle pulled open her unlocked window and snuck inside, quickly closing it behind her and dropping the curtains. Her room was filled with darkness, but she knew that someone was in there already. “Megan?” Michelle hissed, hurrying to her lights and flicking them on, revealing the sleeping mass on her bed.

       A head full of blondeness lifted from Michelle’s pillow. “Hey,” Megan croaked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. “How was the banquet?”

       “Amazing,” Michelle admitted, walking over to her closet. She reached behind her back and unzipped the dress, allowing the silky fabric to drop to the floor. Since they were sisters, Megan and Michelle didn’t really care if either of them changed in front of each other. “Guess who’s my official boyfriend?”

       “Told you that Logan was just a piece of crap that shouldn’t be missed.”

       “Yeah, yeah,” she dismissed, walking into her closet and switching her undergarments for pajamas. She stepped out, pulling her hair up into a messy bun. “We did have some–”

       “You two had nothing,” Megan interjected. “Sure, you two were good playpals, but that was it. You and Mickey, on the other hand,– Woo!” She shivered. “That was sure something.”

       Blushing, Michelle said, “Okay, okay. You can leave now. Thanks for pretending to be me.”

       She shrugged. “Whatever. I had nothing else to do.” With that, she opened the window and hopped out before closing it.

       Their parents had no clue about Michelle going to a banquet. They had no clue about Michelle “still dating” Mickey. They had no clue about the thousand dollar dress she got for free. And, ever since Megan got nicer, it was a relief to keep those as secrets.

       Michelle picked up the breathtaking dress from the ground and hid it in her closet. Without brushing her teeth, swearing that she’ll brush extra hard in the morning, she crawled into her warm, cozy bed. Her phone suddenly vibrated, indicating she was receiving a text, and Michelle reached out to grab it.

       When she flipped open her phone, she instantly smiled at the text.

       Sweet dreams, BC. :* Date tm- I won’t take no. ;)

       She replied within seconds then slipped her phone away and turned around, facing away from her nightstand. She closed her eyes.

       Wouldn’t miss it for the world. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257 46 14
He smirks, "You've finally cracked." I furrow my eyebrows, "You were baiting me? Jerk, just turn off your music!" "Or what?" He asks teasingly. "Or...
500K 14.6K 30
❝Sometimes, a bad boy can be good for a girl.❞ cover by: ParisLove- trailer by: novemberdreamer
3.9M 150K 40
"I have this strong urge to kiss you." he said as his eyes flicked to my lips and then back to my eyes. I felt my heartbeat increasing and my knees w...
1.1M 31.7K 34
Emma also known as "panther" is the best street fighter in her state and it doesn't help having a abusive dad. But she is also her schools biggest ne...