You Belong With Me

By foodaholicyes

[Completed] It was simple. Aubrey had been majorly crushing on Michael for many years. One day, when everyone... More

You Belong With Me
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Interview Chapter I
Chapter Sixteen
Sorry
Social Media
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Interview Chapter II
Thank You
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Epilogue
OH. MY. GOD!
Sequel

Bonus Chapter #1

4K 187 65
By foodaholicyes

Bonus Chapter

Zac's POV

It was not long before we would all be done with high school. Final exams got over yesterday, and prom was on Friday. Even though we seniors were done with our exams, our principal wanted us to attend school this week till Thursday, for classes where they'd discuss life skills. Nothing really happened though, everyone would just come and enjoy with their friends. So would I. I would hang out with Selvyn, Taylor and Rey. My Rey.

Today was Wednesday, and Rey had been acting a little strangely for the past few days. I tried asking if there was anything wrong, but she'd just give an unusual look. A little sad one. Was I forgetting something? I mean, we had decided to celebrate yearly anniversaries only, and we did this year. We even went on a road trip for her birthday. Then what was it?

My thoughts were interrupted when a heavy hand landed on my shoulder. I turned around to find Selvyn. "Hey, man! What's up?" He said.

"Uh, nothing. What about you?" I asked.

"Same old shit. What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing much. It's just that Rey has been acting a little strangely, lately. No idea why."

"Oh, girlfriend problems," he said with a smirk. "Did you forget any important date? You know, an anniversary, probably?"

"No, we already celebrated our one year anniversary. We don't bother with the monthly ones. Her birthday is over too."

"Well, you could ask her yourself, she's right there," he said, pointing somewhere to my right. I followed his glance to find Rey standing there, her back facing me while she leaned against her locker. She was talking to Taylor. I quickly jogged to there and stood in front of her, beside Taylor. "Hey, Rey. Actually I-"

I was cut off as she slammed her locker shut before grabbing Taylor's wrist and walking away. Okay, something was definitely up. I had never seen her so mad before. The only time she would act like this would be during her time of the month. But still, then too she would never walk away. She would just get very annoyed about almost everything, complaint a hell lot about back pain and demand loads of junk food. But this time, that was definitely not the case.

"Woah, that was harsh. You must've done something seriously wrong to earn that. She's never like that with you," said Selvyn, as he walked to me. "I don't know. She's never been like this before," I said.

I saw Taylor approaching us with a very pissed off look on her face. Rey was not with her. As she reached me, she smacked my head, causing me to wince. "Ouch! What the hell was that for?" I asked, rubbing my head on the smacked spot.

"You're such an idiot!" She yelled.

"What did I do?!" I asked.

"You mean what did you not do. Who the hell forgets to ask their girlfriend to prom?!" She once again yelled.

"What?! You forgot to ask Aubrey to prom?! Are you crazy?!" Said Selvyn.

"Aubrey is my girlfriend," I stated. "We're obviously going to prom together. What's there to ask?" 

That just earned me another smack on the head. This time, from Selvyn. "It doesn't matter if she's your girlfriend or not. You have to ask a girl if she'll go with you to prom. Everyone knows this. It's common sense!" He said.

"Wait, is this why she's been acting so strangely for the past few days?" I asked Taylor.

"Yes. Only two days to go before prom, and you still haven't asked her. She's been so restless about it, and let me tell you, now she is pissed," she said. Damn. Rey was now mad at me. That was not good. Not good at all.

"So, what should I do now?" I asked.

"You are honestly the most dumb person alive," said Selvyn. "Ask her, of course!" On hearing his words, I almost immediately started walking in the direction where Rey had went, only to be stopped by Taylor. "Hold on," she said. "Simply asking her now isn't going to work. You have to plan something special."

"Well, what do you want me to do?" I asked, only to be replied to by Taylor's smirk. She obviously had a plan in mind.

Aubrey's POV

It was early evening, and I was beyond pissed at Zac. Prom was in two days and I can't believe he forgot to ask me! He was always such a perfect boyfriend to me. He'd take me out on surprise dates, help me with notes and even handle my monthly cravings and complaints. I was hoping he'd ask me early since it was our first and last prom, since we missed junior prom last year because of the competition. I had been waiting prom for years. But I wasn't looking forward to it anymore.

I avoided Zac the whole day, today. I was completely out of prom spirit, all thanks to him. We had both been accepted into Princeton University, along with Taylor and Selvyn. Zac, Taylor and I were going for Economics, while Selvyn was going mainly for Anthropology. We would be having dorms assigned to us.

My phone suddenly buzzed, while kind of startled me. I checked it to find a text from Taylor. It read 'Go there, where I first slapped you.' Huh? I replied saying 'Why?' All she replied was 'Go.' So I did. The first time Tay had slapped me was when she had come home a few years ago, and was washing her feet in the bathroom when i turned it to shower mode, completely drenching her. Ah, memories!

I walked to the shower area of my bathroom, to find a small note lying there. It read 'Go there, where you spoke for the first time.' I was creeped out now. I went to the written place, the living room, to find mom sitting on the sofa. "Go to someone close, with the initial 'B'," she told me. What was going on? The closest person with the initial 'B' was Blake. Yes, my brother. 

I walked up to Blake's room and barged in, not even bothering to knock. "What is going on?" I asked him. He grinned at me, and said, "Go there, where you spoke your first words." I plainly groaned in pure annoyance and walked down the stairs, and outside, to my porch. There, I found an open pizza box lying on the bench. The inner side of the box lid read 'I know it's too cheesy, but...' I then looked at the pizza, and nearly squealed. On the pizza, with my favourite American corn, was written 'PROM?'

Just then, a pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around me, from the back. I smiled on hearing Zac say, "Hey, Rey. Will you go to prom with me?" I turned in his embrace and connected our lips. It had a while since we did that. On pulling away, I hugged his as tight as possible, and said, "Yeah, I will."

He chuckled lightly, as we sat on the bench and had the pizza he got me for dinner. It was the most perfect prom proposal.

***

"You look amazing, Princess Aubs! Zac is going to have his eyes pop out on seeing you," said Blake. I was twirling in front of my full length mirror, seeing if my outfit was fine. It was. I was wearing a dress that Taylor helped me pick out. It was sparkly silver till the waist, and teal below till my toes. It left my shoulders bare. Mom had already taken tons of pictures and Blake was going on and on about how Zac would react on seeing me. I was waiting for him to pick me up from my place.

There was a knock on the main door and I rushed to open, only to be stopped by Blake. "Let me get that," he said before opening the door in a way that I wouldn't be seen. "I'm skipping the small talk part, okay? Let me get to the point. I want my sister back home by midnight. That too you should be happy that I'm extending her curfew for today. And if she comes home crying, or even upset, you better run for your life. You already delayed asking her to prom. And no going to anyone's house. Just from here to school, and school to here," Blake ranted.

I pulled him out of Zac's sight and threw him on the couch before walking out and closing the door behind me. "Hey," I said, as Zac looked at me, head to toe, with his eyes wide and jaw hanging. I waved my hand in front of his face, finally grabbing his attention. "Oh, um, hey. You look... a- amazing, Rey," he said. I chuckled at his silliness.

Ten minutes later, we reached school. The gym had been decorated with a lot of stringed, golden- yellowish fairy lights. It all looked so beautiful and dreamlike. I dragged Zac to where I saw Taylor standing and waving at me. Selvyn had asked her to prom on Tuesday. She didn't hesitate for a second before agreeing.

Taylor literally attacked me with a huge hug. "Tato, you look amazing!" She squealed. "Look who's talking!" I said, pointing at her outfit. She looked so beautiful. We both laughed as she told me how she got my mom, brother and herself involved in Zac's prom proposal. 

Suddenly, she smacked Selvyn's arm on seeing that he was about to have some punch from the punch bowl. "Ow! What the hell?" He said. "How much do you wanna bet that that punch is spiked?" She said sounding annoyed. Zac and I left them to argue, as he pulled me to the dance floor when 'A Thousand Years' by Christina Perri came on.

He put one hand behind his back, and the other reached out to me as he asked, "May I have this dance?" I giggled before nodding and taking his hand in mine. We began to slow dance and everything seemed so perfect.

After an hour and a half of dancing, eating and enjoying ourselves, Ms. Lancaster went onstage and cleared her throat on the mic. The music died and everyone looked at her. She smiled and began, "I hope everyone is having a good time. You all look so good today. All the girls in their beautiful dresses and the boys in their handsome suits and tuxedos. Well, now it is time to announce Prom King and Queen."

A few whispers went around. Our school didn't let us vote to decide who it would be. They could choose anyone from the whole student body. "Here it goes. Our Prom King this year, is Zac Jefferson!" Everyone clapped, looking at Zac. I squealed out loud before giving Zac a tight hug alight peck on the lips. "Now, go!" I lightly pushed him towards the stage as everybody made way for him. Ms. Lancaster placed the crown on his head. Zac sent me a flirty wink, which caused butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

"And Prom Queen goes to..."

"I'm so sure it's you," Taylor whispered into my ear.

"Bianica Flynn!"

That got my heart to sink a little. If it would have been anyone else, I would've been fine. But Bianica was just... well, Bianica.

"WHAT?!" Selvyn yelled in my ear. I turned around and gave him an annoyed look, but he just looked at the stage with a shocked face. "What the hell is wrong with these people?" Taylor said to me, pointing to the stage where the crown was put on Bianica's head and Zac just looked at us three with annoyed eyes. 

"Now, it is time for the Prom King and Prom Queen to dance!" Ms. Lancaster announced as she pushed Zac and Bianica to the centre of the dance floor. As 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift came on, my heart sank a little more. I didn't wanna watch Zac dance with anyone else. He was my Zac.

Suddenly, Zac did something that got everyone to gasp. He took over the mic, and said, "Um, even though this is just Prom King, I think a King should get to choose his Queen." With that, he took off his crown, gave it to Bianica, and rushed over to me.

"Let's get out of here," he whispered to me, holding my hands. I smiled and nodded as we both jogged out of the gym. Before leaving, Zac stopped and placed his hands on either sides of my waist and kissed me with all his might. 

"I love you, Rey."

"I love you too, Zac."

☆Please vote and comment☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.2K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
213K 10.5K 50
Amber has a secret, one that she hates. When the school bad boy finds out, she realizes he isn't who he seems to be. Garrett is hiding something. Whe...
19.3K 1.6K 40
**A Romance, Teen Fiction, and YA Featured Novel** Worlds collide when a formerly overweight teen befriends a blinded football player and is forced t...
38.6K 3.5K 53
A shy high school senior jock and a closed-off girl battling an immune disorder fake a relationship to win a social media contest. Being shy isn't ea...