ETERNALLY ⇢ HENRY MILLS [2]

By -jonathanbrandis

sequel to always, a henry mills fanfiction all rights go to the creators of once upon a time. [previously tit... More

chapter one
chapter thirteen
chapter two
chapter fourteen
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
end of book
instagram
a/n - please read

chapter thirty-one

1.1K 27 2
By -jonathanbrandis

Once Brooke returned to Storybrooke, she decided to talk to Rumple about Pan. He told her that he took her heart in front of Robin and wiped their memories for Pan but gave it back to her right after and gave Pan a heart from the River of Souls. She already hated him, but now she hated him even more for actually considering taking her heart for his father. But she was thankful he didn't fall for his father's game.

Now Henry and Brooke were sat in Granny's with most of the residents of Storybrooke to commemorate Robin's death. "Henry?" A girl then asked, making the two turn around.
The minute Brooke saw her

Later that evening, Brooke had gone home after starting to get the sickening feeling in her stomach since Violet was back in Henry's life. Although she seemed sweet and didn't intend on getting in the way of their relationship again, she still didn't like her.
Brooke was sat in her bed watching Netflix when she got a text from Henry.

Meet me in Gold's store. x

She furrowed her brows when reading the text but nevertheless obeyed. She got up, threw on her jacket over her black jeans and t-shirt she was already wearing from earlier before jogging down the stairs. Her mom wasn't home so she left a note saying she was with Henry before leaving.

***

"Henry?" Brooke asked as she shut the door to Gold's shop behind her. He spun around and smiled.
"What is it? What do you want?" She urged, sounding a little blunt.

"it's my grandpa; he's trying to steal Storybrooke's magic. It made me realise how bad it is. It's always magic, always. Magic turned Emma into The Dark One, it took away the man Regina loved. And now, now I think it's going to tear my parents apart. I used to think there was light and dark magic, but it's all bad. Look around the shop," Henry began to walk around the store. "These are Geppetto's parents." He pointed to a needle as Brooke stood beside him. "This needle, has put dozens of people under a curse they can't wake from. And this," He held up a snow globe. "an entire village is frozen in there."
Brooke looked around the store with a saddened expression on her face. "It's hurt so many people."
"Henry... I-"
He cut her off. "Come with me to New York. We can fix this, Brooke, what do you say?" He asked, holding out his hand.
"My mom would panic if she realised I've gone away somewhere without saying anything, she'll most likely report me as a missing person." Brooke laughed.
Henry frowned.
"But yes, I'll come."
His face lit up. "Great! We'll call it... Operation Mixtape!" Henry announced.
Brooke laughed again. "Sounds lit, I like it it."
"There's just one more thing we're going to need," Henry said, walking over to The Author's Pen and holding it up. "I promised I'd never use this pen to do anything besides record what happens, but what we're about to do is for the greater good." He told her, putting the pen to paper.

The Olympian Crystal appeared in The Author's hand.

Was what he wrote. Henry held out his hand and the crystal appeared in within a puff of smoke. Brooke gasped before smirking. "Is that-?"
"The crystal Gold used to tether Storybrooke's magic to." Henry finished, grinning.
"So you're saying that magic is bad, and in most cases I agree with you. But, why are we taking it out of Storybrooke?" Brooke questioned.
"To destroy it." Henry replied. "Once and for all." He held out his hand and smiled. "Now come on, I know you've always wanted to go to New York and when we first starting dating, we planned on going there together someday. Now let's get on that bus and have the time of our lives whilst saving Storybrooke."
Brooke chuckled and nodded. Henry took her hand in his. He picked up his rucksack with his spare hand and threw it over one shoulder before the two ran away.

***

"You're seriously keeping your phone here?" Brooke asked as he hid it under the seat he was sat on. "Why would you do that?"
"I'm not stupid, I know my moms have a GPS tracker to see wherever I am. Besides, this phone's getting old now."

Brooke laughed at her boyfriend before noticing the bus to New York was parked in front of them. She grabbed Henry's hand. "Come on, there it is!" She exclaimed, before the two ran off their current bus and jumped onto the one which was going to take them to New York.

***

"Woah!" Brooke said in a daze as the two stepped off the coach into the streets of New York. She spun around, taking it all in before turning to her boyfriend. "I can't believe it! After all these years, I'm finally here!"
Henry threw his arms up and grinned. "Welcome to New York City!"
Brooke laughed as the two's fingers laced together and they almost ran down the streets with smiles on their faces.

***

"This place is honestly amazing. If I didn't live in Storybrooke, I would wanna live here so badly." Brooke chuckled as the two walked down the streets with pizzas in their hands.
"Same. But we can always visit again together."
Brooke cracked a smile. "Obviously."
She then remembered what happened with Gold and Pan. "Henry?" She asked.
He took a bite of his pizza before nodding. "What is it?"
"I haven't told you something that I probably should've told you..."
"What's wrong?" He asked, brows furrowed.
"When we first arrived at The Underworld, I encountered Pan and he tried to convince me that I'm just like him and his boys - lost. Before I went to The Underworld with you and the day we... split up... I could hear his voice in my head continuously saying you don't love me-"
"But I do love you!" Henry argued. "Don't listen to him, he just wants revenge for when he tried to take my heart and he died."
Brooke sighed and nodded. "I know and I was stupid to let a small part of me believe him. But you know about Pan wanting to return to Storybrooke and Gold teamed up with him?"
Henry nodded, wanting to know more.
"Well, he took mine. When Robin walked out and I followed, he ripped it out of me and wiped mine and Robin's memory of it. He only told me earlier today when I asked him about Pan and him and ever since then I've wanted revenge on Gold for taking my heart. Luckily, he returned it and gave Pan a heart from the River of Souls and he's dead for good."
Henry took in a deep breath for sighing. "Right, now we have to stop Gold and get rid of magic. I can't let things like this happen to you again." He told her.
Brooke smirked. "I've been aching for revenge for a while now." She said, before taking a bite of her pizza and Henry grinned.

***

"You want to go to the rare reading room, really?" The woman asked.
Brooke folded her arms and cocked an eyebrow. "What? Do we look to immature for your liking?"
"It's for an assignment - it's due in at the end of the term." Henry lied, trying to send the woman a nicer message than his girlfriend had.
The woman forced a smile. "Follow me," He lead them to a tall door and pushed it open, revealing a large room. "Well, here we are. No ones been back here in ages. Most folks just come for the YA stuff. Good luck with your term paper." She smiled at Henry before walking out, leaving the two alone.

"Neal's journal said he had an appointment here. Whatever he was looking for to destroy magic must be in this room." Henry told Brooke as the two split up to look for anything that might help them.
After a moment of looking, Henry had already found a bunch of books and placed them next to Brooke, the slight thump of them hitting the desk making her jump. "Let's start with these. Read every page and then re-read it."
Brooke raised an eyebrow. Does he really expect her to re-read it?"
"I'm being serious. Because whatever my dad looking for... he never found it."
"You really think we can?" Brooke asked, picking up one of the books.
"We have to."
Brooke sighed and nodded before beginning to read.
"That's impossible!" Henry exclaimed, causing Brooke to look up from the book. "What is?"
"These books! They all look exactly like storybook - they're magic!"
"Oh my God, they actually do!" Brooke remarked, putting the book down and walking over to Henry and standing beside him. "What are they doing in New York?"
Henry continuously turned the pages and stopped on one in particular. "I've never seen these characters in my book. Look at this! There's so many stories!"
"All the stories in your book are real, right?"
Henry nodded and the two looked at each-other with a mixture of worry and fear. "These must be real too." Henry stated.

***

Henry slammed the book onto the table angrily. "Now I see why my dad gave up: there's nothing in here about destroying magic!" Henry sighed and hung his head. "We came all this way for nothing."

Brooke sympathetically sighed and placed her hand on top of his. "Not for nothing. I know you Henry, you'll figure it out."
He looked up at his girlfriend and the two smiled at each-other for a moment before Brooke's eyes landed upon something in the background. "What is it?" Henry asked, turning around too.
"It's the holy grail! I know why my father never finished his quest!"
"Why? What is it?" Brooke asked as the two fast walked to the holy grail in the glass cabinet.
"He never visited Camelot! Violet told me that back in Camelot, her tutor used to show her paintings of the holy grail. He said it was the source of all magic and it looked just like that." Henry looked at the object whilst Brooke's stomach dropped at the mention of Violet. But she shook it off. "But I don't get what she means. The holy grail turned into the Excalibur so that can't be it." Brooke argued.
"No, the grail was always silver but this looks kinda like its... twin. If the grail was the beginning of all magic," Henry began.
"This might be the end of it." Brooke finished.
"Stand back," Henry warned. Brooke did as he said, questioning to what he was about to do when Henry picked up a book and smashed the glass, taking out the holy grail. He placed it on the table beside The Olympian Crystal, which glowed and sent a wave of vibration out, which shook the books around it and the holy grail.
"I guess Violet was right." Brooke sighed. Henry smiled and grabbed the holy grail. "This will destroy magic!"
"So, what do we do now?" Brooke asked.
"Whatever it is, it's not safe to do here." He stated, putting the object into his rucksack.

The two made their way to the doors, which Henry opened, to be greeted by no one other than Gold, who stood there with that same evil smile that's always stuck on his lips.
"Hello, Henry. Nice to see you again, Brooke."
Henry held out his arm in front of his girlfriend. "Brooke, get behind me. You're not getting this, not without a fight."
Brooke scoffed and pushed Henry's hand out of the way. "Well in that case, I'm staying right here."

"Too bad you're gonna lose." Gold replied. With a wave of his hand the two fell to the floor unconscious and The Olympian Crystal appeared in Gold's hand.

***

Henry and Brooke were awoken by Regina and Emma.
"Henry, are you okay?!" Emma almost cried, helping him up.
"Mom! Where's Brooke?" Henry asked.
Regina helped Brooke up. "She's right here."
"What happened to you two?" Emma questioned.
"Gold." Brooke replied.
"He has the crystal now." Henry awkwardly told them.
Regina sighed. "Henry, what were you thinking? Why would you try to destroy magic?"
"Do you really have to ask me that?" Henry scoffed. "You finally had a chance to be happy and then magic took it away from you, just like with Daniel."
"Henry... The Evil Queen is never coming back." Regina replied, taking a step towards her son. "You don't have to worry about me."
"I don't, because my other mom is doing that for me. You thought she was going to go all Evil Queen again!" Henry's eyes pierced through Emma's.

"I'm sorry, I should've trusted Regina-" Emma almost whispered.
"But you didn't!" Henry cut her off. "Because you know how it goes for us. Every time it looks like we could be happy, magic just comes in and wrecks it!" He snapped.
"Is that what you really think?" Regina asked.
"Yeah. Incase you both forgot, magic took away my dad." He almost yelled. Brooke felt sad and took hold of Henry's hand. "I don't know what I would do if it took away one of you or Brooke."
"Henry-"
"Don't!" He cut Emma off and pulled his hand away from Brooke's making her lace her own fingers together and look at the floor. "Just don't!"
"Henry, what were you two doing down here?" Regina asked.
"Following my dad's trail to figure out how to destroy magic." He answered, looked over at Brooke, who was still looked at the floor. "But we didn't find anything. It was just a waste of time."
Brooke realised Henry was looking at her, she sighed and looked up. "So, what do we do now? Gold has the crystal."
"We have to find him." Regina stated, taking out a map from one of the drawers and spreading it across the table. The four gathered around it and Regina told Henry to give her his hand, which he willingly did. "Is this really going to help find him?" He asked.
Regina pricked his finger. "This will tell us if he's still in New York." She replied, holding his finger over the map and letting his blood drip onto it.

Regina waved her hand over the map, but nothing happened.
"Is something supposed to happen?" Brooke asked.
Emma nodded. "Yes. Why isn't anything happening?"
"My magic... it's gone." Regina mumbled.
"The crystal; Gold must have done something to it." Emma stated.
"What the hell is he doing?"
"He's not going to get that magic back to anyone, he's going to keep it all for himself."
Brooke had to stop herself from gasping, instead she gulped a nervous gulp.
"I guess we're going to have to do it the old fashioned way." Emma sighed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 5.1K 81
just your daily dose of jared gilmore imagines provided by yours truly includes imagines of henry mills ranked #3 in jared gilmore peachiemilktea 2016
435K 8.8K 23
Henry Mills has been taken to Neverland because Peter Pan wants him. But that's not the only thing Pan wants. Henry has a sister, a little older than...
649 11 34
Once Upon A Time Fanfiction What would have happened if the curse had never been broken? Would Emma lose faith? Would Regina stay evil? Would Henry s...
19.7K 550 30
This is a fanfiction between Regina and David during the Once Upon a Time episodes. With all the other characters involved as well throughout the cha...