His Baby {completed}

By jewel_louise

{EDITING IN PROGRESS} She left me when I was locked away, taking my heart and something else I didn't know a... More

Story Disclaimer/ Rant??
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18: Part 1
Chapter 18: Part 2
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22: Part 1
Chapter 22: Part 2
Chapter 23
Chapter 25: Part one
Chapter 25: Part two
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
The decision

Chapter 24

94K 2.6K 1.9K
By jewel_louise

***Eve POV***

"Now listen to me baby and listen to me well. You train people how to treat you! If somebody ain't treating you the way you believe that you outta be treated then guess what? You change it sweetheart. You can't just take whatever someone is dishing out and hope and believe that things will change. I raised you better then that sugar plum." My grandmother's raspy voice chastises in disproval over the phone.

"Yes ma'am." I croaked out with tears sliding down my face. She is right. She is always right.

"Now I know something more is going on over there then you are telling your nana, but I am going to drop the issue for now. The good lord has set it on my heart to give you a call this morning as soon as I woke up. And yes of course you and the kids can come and stay with me for a few days. You don't even have to bother asking me something as silly as that! My home is always open for my babies."

"T-thank you nana. Everything is....I just need to get away for awhile." I whispered brokenly into the phone. It's currently a little after six in the morning. In true form, my grandmother called me worried about some sort of bad feeling that she had waking up this morning. I needed to
hear her voice. This morning is defiantly not my morning. I woke up crying. Not just for a relationship that was destined to be destroyed from the beginning but for just life in general.

I cried for everything and everyone both in and out of my life. Then I got a call and broke down even more when I heard her lovely voice. She knows that Alex and I have "problems" but she don't know the details and personally I wish like hell I could just tell her everything...

We both go on to talk for a few more minutes. Mainly we caught up on local gossip from my home town and what we had planned for the rest of the day. By the time I hang up the phone, a smile plays on my lips. My grandmother always knew how to make my world right side up again. Taking a deep breath, I head out to the kids rooms. Checking the clock, I raise an eyebrow at the time. 7:39 am

They are usually up by now. I speed up my pace and my heart drops as I look into Olivia's empty crib. Oh God! Not again. Please again. Turning away from the empty crib, I stumble out into the hall holding my tight chest. Gasping for air, I fight down the panic as I turn Lucas' door knob and burst into the room.

A sob of relief leaves my lips as I see Alex sprawled out in the middle of the bed on his back with our children curled up on either side of him. Swiping away at my tears, I quietly step forward until I reached the side of the bed. Alex's longer strands that usually is gelled back is now ruffled from sleep and flopped over his eyes. Soft snores leaves his partially opened lips. His eye lids flutter quickly as he dreams. Why is he doing this? Popping up at all times of the night. Lately he has been coming in the middle of the night. He would crawl into bed with me most nights and the kids some of the others. His only explanation would be that he couldn't sleep over at Jason's place.

Him staying and going is fucking me up. I don't know what the hell to make of it and I can only imagine how confused the kids maybe by it. I need to put my foot down. He needs to figure out what the hell he wants and if staying is what he wants then....is that what I want him to want? Do I want him to want to stay?

I look on and smile as I noticed his hands clutching the children tightly to him even in deep sleep. As if he never wants to let them go. With the trace of my finger tips along his lips, my smile slowly disappears as I remember my grandmother's wise words. Just as I am about to draw my hand back, Alex leans up and kisses my fingers softly.

Looking up I catch his watchful alert gaze. "You always knew how to pull me back in....Why are you here Alex?" I mummer out softly.

A heavy sigh leaves his lips. He slowly extract the kids from his sides before unfolding himself from the small bed. "Eve, we need to talk." He whispers back softly. I search his pleading look and turn away to head out of the room with him close behind. Once we were in the master bedroom, he softly shuts the door and rakes his hands through his already ruffled strands.

"Alex you can't keep doing this." I firmly state and fix him with a glare. "You can't just leave and then keep coming back and forth like this! What kind of shit is that?! How am I suppose to feel about this? What is Lucas suppose to make of it?! You_"

"I KNOW! Damn it Schätzchen, I know. You are right. Baby, you are right. I can't do this anymore. I can't keep going here and there. I know I can't. I tried being away. I tried like hell but I can't. I fucking just can't!." He grits out back in frustration with flashing baby blues.

I sigh and walk over to the edge of the bed and sit down. Silence surrounds us for a few minutes. He walks over and kneels down in front of me. With a desperate look in his eyes, he holds onto my knees and say, "What we had was all kinds of fucked up and unhealthy. I wasn't good enough for you....hell I'm still not. I struggle with my demons every fucking day and will continue to do so for the rest of my life. I am not asking for you to take me back as I am right now." I open my mouth and he shushes me with a gesture and continues on. "Don't give me an answer now. Because if you tell me no Eve, I-I don't think I will survive it. Just....just tell me that you will give me a chance. Give our family a chance. That is all I am asking. Give me a few weeks. Just a few. Come with me to therapy for a session or two every week as a couple and you can sign up for personal therapy outside of that as well. At the end of it all, if you still don't want me then I won't ever fuck with you again. I promise. Please Schätzchen please."

I take a deep breathe and watch him for a few seconds. My head is screaming for me to actually take several steps back and say hell no. But my heart....my heart is crying out for me to agree. My heart, the very thing that very well maybe the death of me. I cover his hands with mine and lean forward until my forehead rests against his.

I never thought I would ever see Alex on his knees begging me of anything. Usually it's the other way around. From our talk the other day, I can tell therapy is helping...but is it too late? Too late for us to be the couple that we need to be for our children and ourselves? For the life of me I can't say no. I can't say the word being screamed over and over in my mind. Because of what? Love? Love will be the end of me I swear it will.

"Alex, I-I can't handle what I have been through before with you again. All of the fighting....I can't." I whisper out with a shaky voice. He leans forward and wraps his arms around my waist. Pulling me tightly to him, he nods his head.

"A month, give me a month." He pleads while searching my face for the answer he so desperately seem to want. "Three weeks." I counter back. A frown forms on his lips as he looks back down at me with a raised brow. I watch him. waiting for him to argue back, like he usually would whenever I tried to take the reins over any situation.

His mouth opens and close a few more times as he struggles with his natural need for dominance. Gripping my waist tighter, he pulls me further to him. Closing his mouth into a thin line of disproval he gives me a sharp nod and grunt. I smile softly and reach forward and wrap my arms around his neck. "And no sex." I whisper against his cheek.

With my words, he jumps back as if I slapped him. I struggle to keep from laughing out loud as he stares back at me in shock. "Whwhwhat? W-why would you ask that of me? What the hell are you trying to do? Kill me?!" He sputtered out in outrage. It's going to kick my ass too but I am serious about not having sex. I want us both to take this serious. I want us to focus on being better for one another. "Alex I want us to take this whole process ser_"

"What does that have to do with us fucking?" He spats out with a glare.

"Everything." I respond back just as firmly. You allow people to treat you how you want them to treat you. You allow people to treat you how you want them to treat you. I repeat the mantra over and over to myself in my head as I look back at him. Alex pushes away from me and stalks over to the other side of the room to pace. "Alex, I am not asking for you to go celibate. Technically we still aren't together, we are just testing the waters to see if we can get back together. All I am saying is that we can't have sex_"

"So what are you saying  Schätzchen? Let me go ahead and repeat this back to you so I make sure I heard you right...You are telling me that you will be completely fine with me fucking bitches on the side while trying to work on getting my family back?"

I shift uncomfortably under his thunderous gaze. "I didn't say that I will be completely fine with it! I...all I am saying is that you aren't obligated to be with me because technically_"

"Fuck that Eve. Fuck your technicality. I am not perfect. I am fucking scum at most times. This I know and own. But ever since the first day I have ever laid eyes on your frustratingly annoying ass, I couldn't bring myself to fuck anyone else! I tried. Yes I tried. Believe me I have tried. But I can't because they aren't you! They could never be you! And yet you sit here in my fucking face with that pompous flair and tell me that I am not obligated to you?! Are you being serious with me right now Schätzchen?!"

I look down at my hands not knowing what to say. Rough hands grab my chin and force my head up. "No, look at me Eve. Look at me. Talk. Let's talk. You always complain about how we don't talk enough so talk!" He spits out and let's go of my face. Alex is now pacing the floor in angry strides.

Back and forth through the length of the room he paces and shoots me daggers every now and again. I take a few seconds to choose my words carefully. I know he is trying to keep himself in check. It's like I can't win with this guy. It seems like whatever I say or do no matter how innocent it maybe sets him off. "Alex, I...I just don't want you to feel like you are trapped in this. I don't want you to think just because we have children and trying to work somethings out, that you are obligated to still act as if we are fully together. That's all I was trying to get at."

His pacing slows down, he takes several deep breathes with eyes tightly squeezed shut and count. His lips move silently as he counts slowly.  A coping tactic? After a minute or two when he seems more at ease, he responds. "Eve. You are everything and you don't even fucking know it." He whispers out as he looks over me with an unreadable expression. I frown in confusion at his words. Silence enters the room yet again as we look everywhere else in the room but at one another. No words. Nothing to say to the other. Not wanting to rock the boat again or end the conversation.

The space on the bed beside me sinks down. Big and strong, yet gentle hands wipe away at my wet cheeks. "Eve, I am not going to be fucking anyone else. It's not going to happen so don't ever say something so offensive like that again. Okay?" I nod my head.

"Me either." I say back. Alex rocks back away from me and raises an eyebrow. "What do you mean Schätzchen?"

I look over at him while trying to hold in my smile." I was agreeing with you. I won't be having sex with anyone else either while we work on our_"

"The fuck?! Of course you won't be having sex with anyone else! What the hell do you_"

I cover his lips with my fingertips. "Relax! I was just joking."

"What kind of joke was that?!" He sputters out in clear annoyance. I smile over at him and shrug my shoulders. "It was that bad huh?"

Alex rolls his eyes at me, "Hell yeah. Do me a favor Schätzchen, keep your jokes to yourself  next time."

I sigh and roll my eyes. Whatever. My smile widens when he leans forward and kisses the tip of my nose. "Thank you." He whispers out. I lean forward and nuzzle his cheek. "Let's just take it one step at a time okay?" I say.

I feel him nod back. "I already made an session with Dr. Stone for us tomorrow." He says softly. I raise an eyebrow. Wait...."How did you know I was going to say yes to working things out in counseling?!"

Alex shrugs his broad shoulders, "I didn't, I just made the appointment hoping like hell you were going to be there with me. Either way I was going to need a session."

I nod my head and tug away at my night gown. Of course what gotten his attention. "Since when do you wear nightgowns to bed?" He ask as he runs his fingers up and down the silky straps.

"It seemed weird to go to bed in your t-shirts after a while. These night gowns is the only other thing I have." I respond back with a shrug of my shoulders. His eyes shines with approval as he continues to rake his gaze over the full length of me.

"Oh! I have something for you Schätzchen. Not to keep. Just to look at for a minute. I almost forgot. It's one of the main reasons I came here last night." Alex grinned excitedly over at me. I return the grin back feeling already curious.

"Close your eyes." He whispers into my ear. I shudder as I feel his breathe fanning my sensitive neck but close my eyes as I feel his excitement roll over onto me.

"Open your hand." He instructs. I open my hand flat only to feel five small but hard objects fall onto it. I open my eyes and scream. Sitting in the palm of my hand is five gold adult teeth. With my heart slamming into my chest, I jump up and scramble to the other side of the room as fast as I could.

What the hell? Omg those are real teeth! "A-Alex whwhat did you do?!" I stutter out as tremors rock through my body. Alex frowns over at me in confusion. As if he couldn't understand why I wasn't happy that he basically just gave me someone else's teeth as a present! What kind of fucked up person_

"Hmm. Well that's not the reaction I was going for....they belong to someone I took care of yesterday for you and the kids. They threatened your safety and had something to do with the break ins. He needed to die. I did it for you...I thought you would be happy."

"Alex you just brought me someone's teeth! How was I suppose to be happy with that? Am I happy that you are taking care of business? Yes I am but for future reference please don't bring suvorniors home again." I say uneasily.

"Alex, who does these belong to?" I finally ask the burning question.

"Conroy. One of the key players in the hell trinity. I will have the other two soon." He say with a smile. Alex gently takes back the gold teeth mumbling about going to get rid of it later. Still shaken up, I eye him wearily.

Alex looks back at me and rolls his eyes, "Eve don't be so dramatic. It's just teeth. It's not like I just placed someone's bloody body part in your hand. I just wanted to show you that I am taking care of business. For you and the kids. It's all for you guys." He finished with a tired sigh. Taking several deep breaths, I shuddered and give my head a nod.

A soft knock at the bedroom door makes me snap out of my thoughts. Sleepy Lucas is standing on the other side of the door, still in his pajamas. Rubbing his eyes with one small fist while he held onto Olivia with the other he grins up at me. I return his big smile and give him and baby Olly a big good morning kiss. "Good morning my most favorite kids in the whole wide world." I say.

"I hope you aren't mad at Alex Eve. He couldn't sleep so I told him that he can sleep with me." The boy nervously explains once he catches Alex in the background. I shook my head and hug little Lucas to me. "No I am not mad at Alex or anyone. We were just in here talking about grown up stuff. That's all. Come on let's go get some breakfast."

"Oh! Can I help make it?" The boy asks in excitement. Lately he has been such a good little helper with wanting to help cook and clean. I don't know if it was his way of trying to help out to make up for Alex's absence or if it was because he is just at the stage in his young life where he wanted to do such things. I nod my head and take his hand in mind. Alex comes forward and gives both the children a few kisses on their faces and picks up Olivia in his arms to follow Lucas and I to the kitchen.

********************************

***Alex POV***

I roll my eyes for what seemed like the hundredth time this session. "Wow! Okay we get it, you were a fucking victim. What is this? 'Gang up on Alex' day?" I say drily interrupting Eve mid conversation. Currently we are discussing how Ms. Eve feels about me and our relationship. This shit is starting to piss me off. Who would have thought that someone who don't have to want for anything be so miserable with the person who they are suppose to love. Does she even love me?  Dr. Stone raises a silver eyebrow at me.

Eve sighs and looks over at the doctor and throws up her hands in frustration. "You see what I am talking about Dr. Stone? Every time I try to explain or express how I feel, he fucking cuts me off or down plays my feelings. 'Oh Eve you are just being dramatic' or 'Eve you aren't a victim!' I just want to talk about how I am feeling for once and not be chastised for it!" she finished brokenly. The silent big room is now filled with her sobs and sniffles. I sigh and lay my head in my hands. This session is making my balls dry up.

"Alex why don't you tell us how do you feel about all of this?" the doctor's raspy voice stated out in the room. Sighing, I sit up and give him a glare. "I don't know how I feel about all of this." I spat out. I am just ready to go. This wasn't a good idea. This is all just too fucking awkward and hard. I just_

"Come on Alex. Out with it. You have been very defensive today with Eve expressing herself in a way that she probably has not been able to around you or anyone else for that matter. Look at her. Look at your partner. She is clearly upset at your lack of respect for her. How do you make of this? How does it make you feel that she is speaking so freely about you and  your relationship? How does it feel to listen to how unhappy the mother of your children is?"

I swallow past the lump in my throat and look up at the ceiling that is blurring in and out of focus. Okay. Okay. Okay. After breathing in and out a few times, I look over at the doctor and then at Eve who is looking down at her hands as she reek of sadness. "Like shit. It makes me feel like shit." I reply quietly offering up a fake wavering smile.

Refusing to look over at him or her any longer , I look down at my own shaking hands. I need to get out of here. I need to get out of here. I need to get_ "Elaborate for us Alex. Why does it make you so uncomfortable to hear her say these things?"

A bitter chuckle leaves my lips. "Because no one wants to hear the one they love basically sit and fucking whine for a better part of an hour about how miserable they are with them. Now do they doctor?..... She isn't happy. I can't seem to make her happy. So what does that say about me and this relationship? Then there is the million dollar question that never fails to fuck me up, if I do change...no when I do change will I be enough? Will she became happy with me then or decide that I wasn't fucking worth it after all?"

I sit back and look at both of them. One wore an expressionless mask while the other held remorse and sadness. So I continue on talking about feelings that I never wish I had. Something that I have tried to avoid my entire life. "So I get angry. I get defensive. I get cynical and sarcastic. I become an absolute asshole. Anything to down play how fucked up I am currently feeling inside right now because the very woman that I am in love with and will literally carry the very solar system on my back for, is telling you that she isn't happy and it's because of me. How can I take that in silence? Just sit here and listen to you ask her questions about her thoughts and opinions on me and to hear that shit?....The exact same bullshit that I have been thinking about myself out loud by someone who matters. You know how hurtful that is Doc? You know what it feels like to listen to the love of your life refer to you as a monster? Someone she is afraid of? Someone who she feels that may go so fucking far in their craziness  that they would perhaps even kill her one day? See it's one thing to think that kind of thing about yourself but its a truly fucked up feeling to hear someone you love mirror back your very dark thoughts about yourself." I finish and get up to pace over to the window.

I hate feeling this open. I thought we needed this. I thought I needed this but I don't fucking like where this is heading. I don't like feeling this weak in front of her. To show her my darkest thoughts and insecurities only to probably have her use it against me later. Isn't that what it eventually comes to? Someone using what they know to hurt you in the end?_

"Alex, you and Eve are here to express all insecurities, doubts, problems, wants, and needs. That is what this weekly couple's therapy provides. Stop thinking about it as an attack against you and all that you stand for and start looking at it as a tool you both need in order to better yourselves. The end goal here, whether you both decide to stay together as a couple or not, is to develop a healthy relationship as co-parents and where you both can comfortable express yourselves in regards to all situations. For both of you to be able to take a few steps back from reacting and talk any trouble shooting problems that you may have in the future out in a calm mature nonviolent manner. Whether you guys realize it or not. You are stuck in dealing with each other for the rest of your lives because of your children. You don't have to be together as spouses but you do need to reach some common safe ground with one another. "

I look back over my shoulder at him and nod my head. I knew coming into this, it would be hard but damn. I definitely wasn't expecting this on the first session. I walk back over to my seat next to Eve. Once her small hand grabbed mine tightly, I looked up over at her. She isn't looking at me but at Dr. Stone. As if she is trying to muster up the courage to continue. Her curls are in a fluffy long pony tail. Like me, she is in a pants suit. Her's look better though. It's a blush neutral pink that hugs her shapely figure perfectly. I love the color against her complexion. The only reason I know the actual name of the color is because when I saw her in a sundress of the same beautiful color a few weeks ago, I took it upon myself to purchase her several more items in the same shade. We both look like we are heading to some stuffy corporate board meeting rather then sitting in front of a therapist  because our relationship is so fucked up.

I squeeze tightly back getting her attention before lifting her hand up to my lips and kissing her knuckles while I held her gaze. "I will try harder." I whisper against her silky flesh. She gives me a reassuring smile and nods her head. I hold onto her hand throughout the rest of the session leaning on her support just as much as she is leaning on me for mine as we continue to talk about difficult issues that we both harbor with ourselves as well as with one another.

****************************

"Soooo.. then what was said?" Jason asked pressing me for more information. I laugh and shake my head. "You are so fucking nosey. You know that?" I laugh out. Jason arches a eyebrow at me and rolls his eyes.

"Well duh! Your life is a living soap opera. Don't blame ya boy from enjoying the shit." Jason responds back. I shake my head and roll my eyes over at Julian. Julian gives me a small smile and say, "Well atleast you guys are trying to work things out. I mean you both have kids together so the Doc is right. You have to learn how to get along. Trust me, I had to live with a married couple for a few months back in Philly who absolutely hated each other's guts and that shit was annoying as fuck to be around as a kid. All of that 24/7 fussing and fighting is hard to live with."

I nod my head in agreement. We have just been catching up in my office for the last hour. I already filled Jason in on what happened with Conroy and we are all currently talking about my little session with Eve. Jason and Julian had started the day pushing papers before me while I was at the morning session with Eve.

"You are right. It will take some time. Hopefully not too much time. I mean things don't feel nowhere near "fixed" and leaving the session it wasn't awkward between us but it was tense and quiet. Like we both either didn't know what else to say or was to afraid to rock the boat any further.  I just want to skip this part of the 'healing' process you know and get to the part where we are okay and happy. I am just so over talking about how I feel about this or that. What I want in life and how I am going to get it. I'm not made for that kind of shit." I finish with a sigh as I run my hands through my hair.

Jason and Julian both remain silent and give me the same look of sympathy. I hate that fucking look. Sympathy is useless. Sympathy can't help you or anyone by feeling it. It sure as hell doesn't make things better. Julian being the quiet observer that he is, can sit and listen to all of my woes without a single complaint. Jason does do the same as well but eventually he would just curse my ass out and tell me to man the fuck up, I love him for that. But right now, I just need someone to listen and not say shit. Not ask me how I feel about what I am feeling or put their little two cents in on my shit. Just listen. My little brother...he would just listen. Times like this, I am actually really happy that he is around. Don't get me wrong, I am always happy the little dweeb is around but times like this when I need an extra quiet ear, I appreciate him more.

"Okay enough about me, what about you guys? What do you think about that high school Jason took you to this morning? You think you want us to sign you up for it?" I ask hopefully.

Julian sighs and rolls his eyes. "It's a prep school Alex! Like can I just go to the local public school? I mean if you are going to force me to go to a school, then I want to go somewhere that is more my vibe."

I raise an eyebrow over at Jason who was looking at me expectantly. I turn and look over both my shoulders and around the room. I know damn well this boy is not acting like he has options up in this bitch.

"Oh? really now? More your vibe huh?" I ask folding my hands out in front of me.

Julian shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly. "Yeah, Jason and I went to the prep school this morning and it was whack as fuck. Like dry....real dry. Nah I want to go to the local public high school. I don't want to go somewhere filled with a bunch of snobby closed minded people with sticks up their asses."

"Hmm...well I guess it's a good thing that you aren't going to go to school for a fucking party. You are going to so that you may get the best education possible. Right?" I ask feeling annoyed that he would even question our choice in schools. Now I will admit. The boy was right. The school is a fucking bore but the caliber of knowledge that he would gain from the institute versus the public school is by a far stretch and worth the few hours of boredom that he will get on a daily basis.

Julian pouts and leans back in the chair. "Right." He replies back with a grumble looking very miserable. 

"I mean Jason and I went to a prep school back in Germany. We turned out just fine, didn't we Jason?" I asked in amusement. Jason nudged Julian playfully and responded "Hell yeah."

"Wait you guys went to school in Germany?" Julian asked in astonishment. I nod my head. "Yeah after Hurst took me from mom and took care of my dad, he moved me back to Germany and raised me. Ms. Cheryl came along with us because she worked for Hurst. When I entered high school there, Hurst flew Jason to Germany to come live with us and go to school with me. Before that Jason stayed with Ms. Cheryl's sister while his mom worked for my uncle." I answered.

Jason winked over at Julian as the teen looked back and forth between the two of us. "So you guys really did go to a prep school?"

"Unfortunately." Jason and I replied at the same time earning a smile from Julian.

"So when did you come back to the United States?"

"We came back for college. Hurst decided to expand the corporation Globally back then. Jason and I came for University and also business while going to school. Hurst moved here our last year of college. It was decided that we would make New York City our main base of operation while having an extinction of our company in every country."

"Wow." Julian said quietly. I walk out from behind my desk and ruffle his hair. "Yeah we are pretty much a big deal around these parts. That is why we need you to get your shit together and do what we need you to do. And right now what we need you to do is go back to school full time, get good grades, and walk the line. This is what it takes to be great. This is what you need to do in order to get anywhere in this business."

"Okay. Okay, I will go to the school and do what needs to be done." he sighs out. I bring Julian up for a bear hug feeling proud that he is making the right decision and also relieved that I didn't have to beat his ass for not wanting to go to school.

"Aw! Our little Juju bean making all of these mature decisions and growing up. Just blossoming." Jason gushes in the background in a faked high pitch voice. We all start laughing our asses off.

It is nearing the end of the day. Jason already left. He had some kind of date set up for tonight. Julian is chilling with me in the office before I drop him off to Jason's place. An hour ago we were able to get in touch with his foster parents. They met us for a late lunch. Fucking sorry excuse for people. Turns out the quiet suburban couple wasn't interested in getting the boy back hence why there was no police report filed. When I demanded for them to tell me why, they said in so many words that Julian scared them.

When it was decided that they were going to foster him. They were convinced that they could "save" him by teaching him the gospel of the good lord. They are a highly religious couple that runs a local church in their suburban area. I laughed in their face upon learning this. Not because they were religious but because they felt that they were equipped to handle a troubled teen with just only the bible and no certified training or experience dealing with teenagers. They had no children or experience with children. They had nothing backing them but their semi successful church.

Here is where it gets really shaky, when I asked them why exactly were they afraid of Julian, the wife said that Julian didn't actually do anything to cause them harm or worry but that Jesus came to her in a dream one night and told her that Julian was the devil! I couldn't help but laugh upon hearing this. Jason got up and ran out of the room screaming with laughter because he don't know how to fucking act. I swear I can't take my best friend anywhere.

I chuckle at the thought of what has happened today. Damn. "What's so funny?" Julian asked looking at me over his iPhone. "I am thinking about our meeting with those crazy ass people earlier today." I respond.

Julian snorted and roll his eyes, "Yeah they are a real class act. Now you know why I wasn't in a rush to go back. I drew the line when they tried to muscle me in the corner of the church trying to perform an exorcism. I had to get out of there. I remember Emma telling me that you lived in the city when I had met her about two years ago so I took my chances."

I nod my head. "I am happy you did that. You good though? Even though they weren't close to you, that couldn't have been easy to listen to." I asked feeling worried.

Julian shrugs his broad shoulders and toss me a half smile, "I'm good. Being bounced around from home to home all of my life taught me to harden against shit like that. Besides, I found you, Hurst, Jason, and Ms. Cheryl. I am better then good."

"Aw Juju bean!" I tease out. A pillow from the office's sofa is bounced off of my head. "STOP CALLING ME THAT!"

*************************************

***Eve POV***

I wake up with a start when I feel the bed dip. Alex. "Alex? Whats wrong?" I whisper out still half asleep.  Strong arms wraps around my waist and pulls me up against a strong body. His cologne wraps around me like an old friend. Damn why does this man always smell so good? He lays his head on my stomach and doesn't say a word. He just nuzzles my womb area and cover it with kisses.

I reach down and comb my fingers through his hair, "Alex what is wrong?" I whisper out again this time more awake. "Eve...Eve do you love me? Like seriously. Do you love me?" His deep voice filled with an emotion I have never heard of in him before. I sit up and look down at him still laying in my lap. "Alex w_"

"Just answer the question Eve, do you love me?" he demanded back harshly in the dark.

"Yes Alex. Of course I love  you. If I didn't I would not have agreed to work on this relationship with you." I answer back. I gently run my fingers along the angles of his jaw and cheek bones. "I love you. I love you more then I should love you. You are the father of my children and my best friend. You are my protector and my lover. I love you. Sometimes more then I should." I reply back sleepily.

"But why? Why do you love me?" Alex asks brokenly. I continue to run my fingers blindly through his hair and around his beautiful face. "Because when I am with you everything feels right...even when it's not.  Because you make my body sing and my heart quiver. Because when I see you with our children, I can't stop thinking about how much I never want those moments to ever end. Because you are one of the first people I think about when I wake up and before I go to sleep. Because when I see you, my breath stops and my stomach flips. Bec_

My words are cut off with his lips crashing up on mine. Moisture from his cheeks wet mine as his tongue dances around in my mouth....

************************************

A/N: Okay guys! I figured I let you guys wait long enough.  I am so sorry for the long two week wait. I know that many of you don't follow me. And if you don't follow me then you probably have missed all of the updated news I have been giving on my profile. I just recently started full time work for the summer working at one of my University's laboratories. My work schedule is pretty hectic and honestly coming from looking in microscopes for hours on end and having to come home to look at a computer screen to work on an update is just too much for me some days.

With that being said, I am going to update as much as I can (still going to try and update once a week).  I just have to get adjusted to my work schedule.

Also as a reader myself, I am very guilty of skipping ahead in some stories that I read. Especially if it's from a POV of a character that I do not care for lol. But I am asking for you guys not to do that! Even if it's not from your favorite character, if you guys skip parts in my story, you WILL miss out on valuable/relevant information. I have realized that some of my readers are doing this. Which I don't mind but it causes confusion on you guys's part and you all tend to ask simple questions on parts of the story plot that you are confused on because you have skipped through some tidbits of the chapters. Please don't do that if you can.

Now don't get me wrong. I love answering you guys' questions and interacting with you all. You guys make my day 24/7 (wattpad baes for life)! 

I know from experience that its hard not to skip to the good parts lol. Just try not to because I do make sure to place parts of my characters' pasts and information in various random places in the story and if you skim or skip through certain POVs then you WILL miss that information.

Anyway! I hope you guys liked this chapter. The next one is going to be....crazy ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 60.8K 74
Quinn, a poor college student takes a unexpected trip to a secret V.I.P club. She was forced to go by her friends Nia, and Jean a week before her sec...
2.5M 36.9K 65
"You want daddy to f*ck you, hard and rough then reward you with his c*m, is that it, little slut?!" "Yes, Daddy" * MONALISA I thought I had a probl...
1M 29.3K 55
❛❛I just don't want you to leave even though I gave you reasons to.❜❜ She grew up with him. She befriended him. She cared...
154K 5.8K 58
"I need to teach you a lesson for defying me," Beau says, and in an instant, my leg on his thigh drops down beside his. He puts his other hand on my...