Let The Games Begin

By megzxlaughs

Skyden Raine is attending one of the most prestigious universities in the world. Each year, they host a game... More

Prologue
Ch.1 - Let it Begin
Ch.2 - I hate you, but this compromise should do.
Ch.4 - I'm Surrounded by Insanity: Siblings and Best Friends.
Ch.5 - Too Much Events in a Day Sure Wear a Girl Out
Ch.6 - Dreamless Nights and a Horrific Sight

Ch.3 - The Tragedies of Two Dork-heads: Tyler and Me (Avery's P.O.V.)

1.2K 32 10
By megzxlaughs

Avery's P.O.V.

Just shoot for the stars, if it feels right then aim for my heart, if you feel like you can take me away, and make it OK, I swear I’ll behave. You wanted control, so we waited, I put on a show, now I’m naked, you say I’m a kid, my ego is big, I don’t give a shit, and it goes like this.

“Take me by the tongue and I’ll know you, kiss me ‘til you’re drunk and I’ll show you all the moves like Jagger I’ve got them moves like Jagger I’ve got them mooooOOOOOoooves like JAGGGEER!!” I belted out along to Moves like Jagger by Maroon 5. I started jumping around on my bed like a madmen, jumping onto Skyden’s bed then back onto mine. Ooops, I messed up her bed, she’s going to have a fit. Oh well, I was having FUN. Yes, I was alone too…FOREVER ALOONE.

Hmm…chocolate, I like chocolate. Nope, I LOVE chocolate. Where’s my damn chocolate? I look down at the floor; all I saw were wrappers and empty boxes of See’s Candies. Oh well.

So get in the car, we can ride it. Wherever you want, get inside it. And you want to steer, but I’m shifting gears, I’ll take it from here, and it goes like this.

“LA LA LA LA LAA LAAA LAAAA LAH LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LAA A LAAA LAA LAAAAA LA LA LA LAAA LAAA LAA LAAAA!” I sang out, I have a lovely voice. I bet Tyler would agree, Skyden would say I sound like a drowning cat. HEY, I should call Tyler over!! Skyden’s probably going to come back to the dorms anytime now…  She came a half hour ago to change into her gym clothes and said she was going to the gym…

I jumped on the bed for a little bit more; then I wiggled my butt and then jumped off. Hehe.

I picked up my phone, which was under the box of See’s Candies; sheesh, someone should clean this up! Oh right, I should…LATER.

I dialed Tyler’s number while I hopped over to pause the music, humming happily as I waited for Tyler to pick up. Tyler. Tyler’s my buddy, Tyler’s my best friend, and we are BFFFFL. Yeah, a boy has a BFFFFL, GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT BUB? Wait, who was I talking too, who am I calling, and whose chocolates were those?!?! Oh right, I was talking to no one, I’m calling Tyler, and those chocolates were mine? YEAH! I’M SO SMART.

“Eyo, what chu like eh? We got some weed, crack, and some Italian pastah. If you buy teh weed, yuh git a combo. That includes some weed, pastah, and a side of fries. What chu you want eh?” I heard a deep fake-ghetto accent pick up on the other side.

I laughed, “Tyler! Get your weed-addicted ass over here! Dance party!”  I shouted into the phone.

Tyler laughed, “No problem Av,” he said in his normal sweet voice, “I was just walking past your dorm building anyway, be there in two.” With that he clicked off, I smiled and flopped down on my bed, enjoying the squishy feeling as my weight was added.

I laid there for a few seconds and then immediately jumped back up.

“Crap!” I cried out, smacking a hand to my head. I just realized I had gotten sugar-high, dammit! Not again! I never realize when I’m all hyped-up on sugar. And every time Tyler would talk to me when I get sugar-high, I always get calm again. I never know why, probably because we’re so close.

How could I have been so stupid? Estupido, estupido! I can’t believe I ate all that See’s Candies Ashton gave me when we went on that date! I smiled again-Ashton. He was such a gentleman, but I should know better than that. After what he did to Tyler, I shouldn’t even be TALKING to Ashton. Although I guess I’m forced to now, we are in the games.

“Knock knock, can I come in? Woops, I just did.” Came a voice from the doorway, I whipped myself around. Just in time to see Tyler striding in and flopping down on my bed. He raised an eyebrow at me,

“Av, who’s chocolate are those?”

“Hehe, Skyden’s…?”

He snorted, “Skyden wouldn’t eat See’s, she said it causes her to break out.”

“……..”

“Oh, Avery.” He shook his head and stood up; he looked up and made eye contact with me. At first I thought it was one of those staring contests again so I started glaring at him, but he just stared back with this weird expression in his eyes. It was like…serious.

“Tyler? Tyler?” I grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him, he didn’t even budge. Stupid muscles.

“Tyler?” I gave him one last shake.

“Please break his heart Avery.” he whispered, his voice lost all its hint of humor it usually had.

“W-what?” I asked, a bit scared, Tyler never acted like this before.

“Avery, I need you to break his heart.” I had to strain my ears to hear his soft whisper, his eyes held pain in them, and something else I’ve never seen before.

“Ashton?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“He needs to be taught Avery. He already hurt too many…and I can’t stand to see you hurt Avery. It’ll kill me inside, and I’ll probably murder a certain someone…” Tyler trailed off, fury was set deep in his eyes, and there was still that one emotion I saw that I couldn’t decipher.

I hugged him, and he wrapped his arms around me, “It’s going to be alright Ty. I’ll make sure he is rid of his player ways.” I gave him one last squeeze and drew away. I suddenly felt like wrapping an arm around myself, it suddenly felt cold for some reason.

“You think you can play the notorious player?” Tyler shook his head, “sounds like some book I’ve read before.”

“I’ll try Tyler,” I grabbed his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze, “I won’t fall for his conniving ways, after what he’s done to you, I don’t even think I can be friends with him!”

Tyler shook his head again, “You’re not friends with him Avery, you’re his his-“

I saw the fury well up in his eyes again, “Girlfriend. Its ok Tyler, everything will be fine. Trust me on this.”

He took in a deep breath and nodded, “Alright, BUT I’m only letting it go because I don’t want to fight with you.”

I chuckled and smiled at him.

He smiled at me.

Awkward moment, so what do the two of us crazy psychos do? We start to laugh.

I bended over as I laughed without sound; and since I was on my knees, I fell over. Right on top of Tyler, he just stared at me, laughed, and then wrapped his arms around me. Bringing my head to lean against his chest, we were completely comfortable with this.

“I love you Av.” I felt him smile as he ruffled my hair.

“I love you too Ty.” I replied, smiling.

“And I love me too!!”

What the hell?

Tyler and I immediately shot up and stared at the door, Skyden stood there, her back against the doorframe with her right leg propped against it. Her light brown her with natural golden highlights was tied up in a ponytail, sweat dribbled down her naturally tan skin. The white and pink Nike tank top and running shorts she was wearing were baggy, hiding her amazing athletic body. The corners of her pearly white smile were tugged up in a devious grin. Gorgeous girl, I know, but she is so weird sometimes.

 “I didn’t realize you guys were busy…maybe I should go…” she grinned deviously at us, edging herself towards the hallway.

I rolled my eyes, “We’re just friends, Sky.” I heaved myself off of Tyler and sat on the bed. I’ve been through this discussion with Skyden a bunch of times.

“But you guys are always so freaking lovey dovey and all that crap! Just kiss and go out already! You already got the ‘I love you’ part down!” she exclaimed, closing the door and walking towards the bathroom.

“We’re just really close.”

“Yeah you’re close, like boyfriend and girlfriend close.” Skyden replied as she grabbed some clothes from the closet and walked into the bathroom.

“It’s true!” Tyler called after her.

“Bullshit,” she called back as she closed the bathroom door; it barely shut before Skyden slammed the door opened.

“What the hell?! Avery, where did you get those See’s Candies? OMIGOD, did you make that mess?!” Sky asked with eyes as big as saucers.

I toed the ground with my shoe, “Umm…”

Skyden shook her head, “Why am I even asking, of course it’s you.”

“It always was, always is, and always will.” Tyler agreed solemnly.

She rolled her eyes, “Whatever, just clean this up! You too Ty! Av, will probably find some hidden chocolate and eat it!”

“I will not!”

She raised an eyebrow at me. I slumped my shoulders in defeat.

“Yes mother,” I then proceeded to pick up a wrapper. Then just as Skyden closed the bathroom door I raised a hand to my forehead and sighed, “The tragedy of Avery Smith, a young beautiful girl, forced to be a maid by the wicked, evil, horrifying-OW!”

Tyler withdrew his hand from flicking me and flashed me a grin and picked up a couple of wrappers, “Don’t you mean the tragedy of Tyler Wilde? The woes of an extremely handsome Greek god, with looks that make even ladies in their mid-forties swoon.”

“Don’t flatter yourself too much you guys!” Skyden called out from the bathroom.

Tyler and I just looked at each other and then started fanning ourselves with our hands.

“You better stop flapping yourselves.” Skyden warned from behind the door.

“You know us too well!” Tyler cried out.

I began to giggle, Tyler looked at me weird.

“What?”

“Looks like you’re talking to a door! Hehe, do you need a ride?”

I picked up a couple of wrappers.

“I’m not talking to a door! I’m talking to the person BEHIND it!” he retorted, he stood up and started shaking out the blankets, and then folding them neatly, “Besides, what do you mean by ‘Do you need a ride’?”

“To the mental institution!” Skyden and I cried out at the same time. Just as I was picking up the box of wrappers and heading towards the trashcan, and just as Skyden opened the door. This time her hair was now tamed into their natural pretty waves; she was changed into a pair of blue jeans, and a cute dressy top.

Tyler guffawed, “Haha guys. You’re so funny, but for your information, I do not need to go to the mental institution. Although I will accept your ride to the nearest jail, for a have committed a heinous crime.”

He hung his head in mock shame as he placed the neatly folded blankets on the foot of the beds.

Skyden and I looked at each other with the same expression on our face, he definitely needs that ride.

“What?” we asked simultaneously.

“I’m too hot, the world can’t take it. I have to be locked up, somewhere dark, where the Sun doesn’t shine.”

“You’re stupid.” I stated.

“You’re a dumbass.” Skyden said bluntly.

“Words hurt just as much as physical action you know!” Tyler muttered exasperatedly.

“Whatever.” Skyden replied.

“Hey! You guys! You’re almost done with cleaning the rest of the trash up! And it didn’t even take you five days!”

“Maybe that’s because all that was of the mess was just some wrappers and messy beds.” I mumbled.

“So? It was still messy!”

“You would make a great mother one day.”

Skyden snorted, “I will never get married.”

“Not even to a hot guy?”

“Like me?” Tyler pointed his thumbs at himself and wagged his eyebrows suggestively.

“Nope.” Make extra emphasis on the ‘P’ by popping her lips when she said that.

“Anyways, I got to go check my mail.”

Tyler and I just nodded our heads and started chatting, cleaning up the rest of the mess. Well, what was remaining of it at least.

I laughed at something stupid Tyler said, and looked over at Skyden. She was sitting cross-legged on her purple polka-dot and white bed spread, her white MacBook Air on her lap. The sound of the keyboard was heard as she smiled at something and then typed. Probably on facebook, or AIM. Even though to everyone else people would think she’s happy. Although I know her too well, something in her eyes always lingered there. A certain type of something that always withdrew her from opening herself fully to people; it was as if she put up a barrier. Most people may not see it, but I’m her best friend. I know her too well, and I feel as if the barrier was caused by a certain someone she’s playing against in the games.

Logan Eaton.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Author's Note*

And i'm back! WOO HOO! Sorry for my absense, hopefully this somewhat-long chapter will make up for it? It's pretty late for me right now, for a school night. This is a little insight for the next chapter(: And, since most of you guys seem to like Tyler and Avery, this is a little treat! The chapter may suck, but i'm still working on editing this story. I have great plans for it! Anyways, i'm happy by the response this story's been getting(: Thanks to everyone who commented, like, added, or fanned me! DO THE USUAL!

COMIKEDDFAN!

Comment, like, add, and fan mixed together! Sounds so foreign!

COMIKEDDFAN! :D

©megzxlaughs

All Rights Reserved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.9K 3K 50
⚡caution : this isn't a story of happily-ever-after love & heartwarming romance. this is a story of heartbreak. ⚡ all the graphics in this book are m...
247K 5.2K 59
"Who the fuck did you tell?" He asks me as he takes a step closer towards me, making me also take a few steps back. "Stop being so fucking loud and...
509K 14.6K 55
Finished; September 13th 2019 #10 abuse #10 teenfiction #8 stepdad #6 hope #3 badboys #3 broken #1 escape #1 goodgirl #1 hate #1 stepbrother...
Alexa. (#1) By 🌻

Teen Fiction

387K 10.9K 48
#908 in Teen Fiction '9/12/2016' #788 in Teen Fiction '18/1/2017' Life could be really tough. It could be sunshine-y and peachy but just like that, i...