1| I'm Not The Only One// Gir...

By KillerQueen_18

"You say I'm crazy 'Cause you don't think I know what you've done But when you call me baby I know I'm not th... More

PLAYLIST AND CAST
1.00
1.01
1.02
1.03
1.04
1.06
1.07
1.08
1.09
1.10
1.11
1.12
1.13
1.14
YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE

1.05

13K 280 146
By KillerQueen_18

• • • • • •

{Chapter 5: Listen to Rose}

Riley, Rose, and Maya were taking to subway to school while her brother and best friend got a ride with Lucas and Farkle. Rosie closed her umbrella, as the girls took off there garbage bags.

"There she is again" Riley said as all the girls looked at the woman with a crazy hat. "Crazy hat's always here" Maya said not surprised.

"What do you think her deal is?" Riley questioned the girls next to her. "Former Movie Star? Olympic Figure Skater?" Rose asked excitedly, smiling just as bright as the brunette next to her.

"Bum on a bench" Maya says bursting there bubble. "But look at how she looks at everyone What goes on in a head like hers?" Riley starts.

"I guess we'll never know" Rosie finishes. "Hey, Crazy Hat! What goes on in your head?" Maya yells at the lady with the crazy hat on her head.

"And a new adventure begins" Riley says knowingly. "You, you, and you, c'mere! I'll teach you about life" The lady told all the girls, as Maya and Rose sat down except Riley.

"Can't. Stranger. You want me to sit on the bench, I'm gonna need three forms of Identification" Riley says smiling sweetly. "Trust me. I know who she is. She's alright" A cop told Riley in reassurance.

"Okay, Copper" Riley says agreeing. "Hey! That's officer Copper to you" The cop told Riley again.

"Morin', Evelyn. Never gonna stop  raining' , is it?" The officer asked 'crazy hat' who's name seems to be Evelyn. "That's okay, Eugene. These three little dollies are about to give me one of their designer ponchos" Evelyn said looking at all the girls then pointing to Riley and Maya.

"They're garbage bags, Eugene, but you have to put a hole for your head" Riley explained. "Ah, so you can breath" The man said.

"So the garbageman doesn't throw you out" Riley added scared. "Yep, that happened" Maya said nodding.

"I was yelling but he didn't care" Riley tried to explain herself. "We had to rescue her from the truck" Rosie said smiling.

"They chased me all the way to 33rd street" Riley finished smiling. "Wow, now that's true friendship. Me? I don't chase nobody for nothin'" The officer said to the girls.

"What if I stole a banana?" Maya questioned. "I'd be very disappointed in you" He said glaring playfully at the girl.

"Okay" Maya said reluctantly. "I have observed you three are great friends" Evelyn says to the girls looking down at them.

"Don't miss a thing do you, Crazy Hat?" Maya told her. "No, I don't now you're about to be late for school, and i'm about to be late for addressing the united nations, have a good day dollies. Be good people, learn all you can" Evelyn replies walking away.

"How does that happen to someone? Do you think that could ever happen to us?" Riley asks the girls as someone gives her money. "Oh, money I needed some, thanks stranger" Rose says taking the money from Riley smiling.

"Well at least nothing worse than that could ever happen" Maya added as the garbageman grabs Riley as she yells "Maya".

"Rosalie?" Riley says again not getting a answer from Maya. "Yeah, Okay" Rose says walking to Riley, and Maya grabs Riley's book bag.

• • •

"Belgium, 1831-" Mr. Matthews starts, as all his students sat in their seats. "No!" Riley yelled.

"In 1831, Belgium-" "No!" Riley yelled again cutting him off.

"Riley?" Her father questioned. "What's my thing?" Was all she asked.

"Well this just got interesting" Axel said amused, as Nathan just burst out laughing. "You guys are gross" Rosie said disgusted.

"What's your thing?" Mr. Matthews asked confused ignoring the three. "What am I gonna be, dad? Am I gonna be okay?" Riley questions all at once.

"Riley, listen to me carefully" Mr. Matthews starts. "Okay" Riley says quietly .

"In 1831, Belgium declared it's independence from the Netherlands" Mr. Matthews finishes smiling. "What will people think if I end up living in a subway?" Riley states scared.

"What if nothing happens for her, sir? Riley can't end up like that. She's my meal ticket!" Maya said pointing to herself. "That would mean no more shoes and- and clothes, I need my shoes and clothes, sir" Rose said getting all work up.

"You'll be okay, little one" Axel says as, Nathan rubs her shoulders trying to calm her down. "What the-? I just saw you girls at breakfast!" Mr. Matthews says confused then scared seeing the murderous glare he was getting from the young Latina.

"Wat gebeurde er in België?" Farkle says in Dutch. (What happened in Belgium?) "Calm down, Farkle. You're speaking in Dutch again" Mr. Matthews said.

"Echt waar?" He said in Dutch once again slapping himself. (Oh, Really?) "Mi educación no debe basarse..." Farkle starts in spanish. (My education should no be based...)

"No no no, you slapped yourself way to hard. You went all the way to Spanish" Mr. Matthews said laughing. "My education should no be based on you daughter's mood. Which is also changing my future wifes' mood" Farkle ended looking at Rosie who in which was still trying to calm down.

"Neither should mine, but it is! Guys a daughter asks her father, 'What my thing?'  This question will resonate in the hearts of all parents from the monument it's asked until the day their child feels comfortable in the world. Pretty soon you're all going to join the work force. What's your thing? What do you aspire to?  How will you affect people? That's the only history the matters" Mr. Matthews said educating his class.

"Thank you, daddy" Riley says. "Thank you, daddy" Farkle said whimpering.

"Alright guys tell you what let's split the class into two separate businesses and see how you do for yourselves. We'll see if anyone's got anything to worry about, okay?" Mr. Matthews said looking at his daughter. "Excellent, what will our companies be?" Farkle questions.

"Doesn't matter uh... muffins, okay? You three are going to be 'Riley and Farkle's muffins' That'll be your thing for the week" Mr. Matthews told the two. "I already got my thing, Riley's gonna be a success and I'm gonna sponge off her until she gets sick of me, And Roses for clothes, you see this, these are her clothes she up cycled them" Maya says smiling at the girls to the right of her her.

"We will never get sick of you" Riley says smiling at Maya. "As long as you keep letting me test on you I will be happy to have you" Rose says smiling excitedly.

"I am set for life!" Maya says putting her hands behind her head. "Alright, let's get out there and make some money. Cash, cabbage, cheddar- cheese!" Farkle says excitedly.

"Those are your values, Farkle?" Mr. Matthews questions. "What else should company value had profits?" Farkle says confused.

"If I had a company, I'd treat my employees well and make sure we did right my our customers" Lucas says smartly. "You are everything that's wrong with this country" Farkle says pointing at Lucas.

"Nescis quid boni habes donec descendit" Rose says in Latin looking blankly into space. "What's that Ms. Petrova?" Mr. Matthews said knowing she gets the lesson he wants to teach Farkle.

"Money isn't everything, but i said you don't know how good you have it until it's gone" Rosie said looking at Farkle, while he looks down thinking. And Mr. Matthews smiles at her for being the one to get it.

"Then you do have a company, Lucas. ' Friar and Hart muffins' so these two competing companies will hire the rest of you guys as employees.  Everyone else in school will be your customers. And the Petrova's will be your bankers, they are the ones to say whether you keep your business you not. Let's see what happens" Mr. Matthews said looking at his class. And the twins smirk looking at one another. "Here's what happens, we crush you" Maya says glaring at Farkle.

"We will be bajillionaires, and you will eat your words using plastic cutlery" Farkle said looking back at the blonde. Maya and Roses look at each other. "You're cute when you're menacing" Rose and Maya says unison smirking at Farkle.

"I don't know what to do now" Farkle says looking just at Rose not even thinking about Maya. "I know" Rose says smiling as the bell rings.

Rose walks out of the classroom with Nathan, Axel, and Lucas on the sides of her. She turns around finding Farkle isn't next to her, she goes back to the classroom, grabbing his hand pulling him out to go to there next class.

• • •

"All right, Progress reports" Mr. Matthews said passing it to the twins looking at what they were wearing shaking his head smiling happily there taking their job seriously. Well at least they looked like they were serious.

"What's up in make- believe corporate America?" Nathan questions. "Hart, Friar, proceed" Rose says acting professional.

"Hart and Friar muffins Report: We started with 100 muffins, made each with all- natural and organic ingredients" Maya said looking at her best friend then the class. "And you selected these ingredients because?" Rose asks next.

"Because that's the right and responsible thing to do" Maya says as if it were obvious. "You really believe that? I even find it hard to believe" Nathan asks smirking I knowing Maya.

"I dunno! you spend a day with this guy" Maya says pointing at Lucas, rolling her eyes. "So far we've sold 14 muffins at a dollar each" Lucas said ignoring Maya.

"Okay how much were they?" Rose says looking at her two best friends. "They didn't cost us anything to make" Lucas says.

"How?" The twins say unison confused. "My mother bought them for us she wanted us to sell healthy food" Lucas says looking at Maya.

"How's that working out for us so far, huckleberry?" Maya says annoyed. "As soon as we sell them all, I'll pay her back I stand by our product, Nath-" Lucas starts but was cut off.

"Uh" By the twins. "Mr. and Ms. Petrova" Lucas correct himself as they smile.

"So do I Petrova's, there everywhere" Maya says walking to the stack of muffins. "How are you profits, Friar?" Farkle questions smartly.

"Hey were the bankers" The twins say stomping there foot. Rose turns to Lucas about to ask him a question but was cut off. "How are my profits, Friar?" Lucas asks raising an eyebrow.

"Yes" Rose said throwing her hands up. "Well I have those right here... None" Lucas says disappointed.

"I'm sorry, what?" Farkle says cupping his ear. "None" Lucas answers.

"And it's not right. Our muffins are good for you" Lucas adds. "I'm sorry, what?" Farkle questions again.

"None" Lucas says annoyed. "We can't even give them away" Maya says throwing one of the muffins to a student, who just threw it back at her head.

"All, right, let's talk about a real make- believe company. Farkle's Muffins!" Farkle says as he and Riley walk up to the front as he push Lucas and Maya over. "Riley and Farkle's muffins" Riley corrects smiling.

"Yeah, keep tellin' yourself that" Farkle says to Riley. "Unlike our competitors, our profits are through the roof, and so are our employees" Farkle said as the twins look at there classmates, they were jumping in there seats.

"Why are they like that?" Nathan asks first as his sister was still in shock. "Are they okay?" Rose finally asked looking at Farkle.

"They ate the product" Farkle answers smiling proudly. "Riley?" Rosie questions seeing as Nathan was making fun of Axel who also ate the product.

"Everyone seems to like our muffins, Ms. Petrova" Riley said smiling. "Oh, my sweet innocent child" Mr. Matthews decided to respond.

"Can't you see why?" He added looking at the class as Rose just nodded. "Because they're filled with love" Riley replies smiling happily as always.

"I don't think that what they're filled with, Riles" Rose said looking back at her classmates. "Yeah. Why do they come out so white, Farkle?" Riley questions her co- owner.

"Because they're 100% Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen" Farkle says. "Uh- what?" Nathan and Rose said unison confused.

"Sugar! They're all sugar! Just one big sugar cube!" Farkle says yelling. "What? Ours are oatmeal, honey and locally- harvested berries" Lucas said upset.

"Farkle, you said all- natural" Riley told Farkle. "Sugar!" Farkle yelled.

"You said organic" Riley said again trying to make sense of all this. "Sugar" Farkle yelled yet again.

"You said delicious" Riley says getting upset. "SUGAR!" The whole class yells.

"Farkle, we're a business. Businesses do not just mislead their customers to make a little bit of money" Riley said upset. "Ha-aaaa!" Was all Farkle replied with.

"We're done for, Farkle. These muffins are pure evil" Riley said picking up a muffin. "Are you gonna eat that because if you're not gonna eat that I would eat that right now is what I would do is I would eat that right now is what I would do" A girl in a red shirt said jumpily, as she looked at the muffin. And Riley just smiles at her.

"You know how you succeed, Riley? You give the people what they want. That's why we're a success" Farkle says grabbing one of Lucas and Maya's muffins throwing it to someone who just threw it at Maya's head again. "And they're not" Farkle finished proudly.

"This isn't fair, Mr. Matthews, I had to listen to Lucas and his mother talk about 'Good eating' and 'Wholesome Lining' and the 'Natural Cornucopia of the earth's bounty'..." Maya says mockingly. "Have you ever even heard me talk?" Lucas asks confused.

"Huh-Hur-RRRR!" Maya and Rosie says at the same time going up to his face. "WOW" Lucas says smiling like an idiot.

"While these two just poured sugar into a muffin cup it isn't fair" Maya says upset. "What isn't fair?" Rose asks her blonde best friend.

"That i'm not on there team!" She said as if she were dumb for asking that question. "Maya what we did isn't okay but I didn't know and i'm not going down for this I'll talk" Riley said.

"To who? To everyone who love our muffins? Enjoy that taste of success, Riley. It's sweet" Farkle said smirking.
"Not to me, I have a very bitter taste in my mouth" Riley says sassily to Farkle.

"You must have eaten one of ours" Maya says holding a muffin up. "Maya, you played fair. We didn't. We have no integrity. You do" Riley said enviously.

"And what does that get them? We can buy and sell their business. In fact, I like the sound of that. Yeah! I propose a merger between Riley and Farkle's muffins and Hart and Friar muffins" Farkle says looking at the a posing company.  "Why the merger?" Rose asks smiling.

"We both have what we each need, Ms. Petrova" Farkle says running the 'r'. "We have profits. They have integrity. I'm buying it" Farkle adds.

"My integrity is not for sale" Lucas says. "Mine is" Maya said happily raising her hand.

"Maya" Lucas scolded her. "We own your mother a hundred bucks" Is all Maya says.

"Put 'er there, Partner!" Lucas said shaking Farkle's hand. "Our new company will be called... 'Farkle'. Your names are no longer part of the company" Farkle says to his now employees.

"Why not?" Riley said looking at Farkle upset. "What's the first thing that happens after a merger, Daddy?" Farkle questioned pointing at Riley knowing that's her next question.

"What's the first thing that happens after a merger, Daddy?" Riley asks her father. "Downsizing" Mr. Matthews tells her.

"When two companies come together, employees become vulnerable" Nathan said for his teacher. "Don't tell him" Riley scolds.

"Uh, honey I think he already knows" Rosie told Riley pointing to Farkle who changes the name plate to his name with his feet on the desk. "Lucas, fire half of the company start with Riley and Maya" Farkle commands Lucas.

"Why do I have to do that?" Lucas questions. "Because you're all full of that Texas 'Gee Williker' Hooey. You charm people so you'll be the face of the company and I'll be the behind- the- scenes hermit genius" Farkle says with his hands behind his back.

"Mr. and Ms. Petrova? Mr. Matthews?" Lucas looks at the the others next to her. "How can you argue with that?" The three of them say unison looking at Farkle.

"Always liked you, Guys. You got Moxie" Farkle tells them. " Thanks, chief" They all say again unison saluting him.

"Riley?" Lucas says walking to her. "Yeah?" She replied dreamily.

"You're fired" Lucas tells her slowly. "Fine" Riley said walking out the classroom.

"Hey, if she goes, I go" Maya said walking out to. "Friendship and loyalty are for the weak let everyone know I'll cook another batch and raise the price up to $3.00" Farkle said commandingly.

"They'll never go for it" Lucas objects. "Oh... I think they're hooked" Farkle says as everyone brings out there money.

• • •

All the girls were back at the train station. Riley had a box full of stuff from work. With Evelyn sat on the bench again, and Rosie walks up to her not listening to her best friends conversation.

"Hello, Evenlyn. How are you?" Rose said walking up to her. "Good and you? How's your father?" Evenlyn smiled at the girl.

"Good, always working hard but good" Rose says also smiling at the woman next to her, as her best friends coming to sit with them on the bench.
"Ah, the box of shame, What happened?" Evenlyn questions.

"Class project, fake business" Maya answers from her.

"Got fired" Riley says upset. "Not so terrible I've been fired myself once or twice" Crazy hat said.

"Yeah, but not from fake business" Riley says shaking her head. "I think you could call 'em that, now I come down here and watch people coming and going, giving their lives to fake businesses. Welp, gotta go! Big meetings" Evenlyn says walking away.

"With squirrels" Maya jokes. As Riley gets up to give Evenlyn money. Maya and Rose gets up look in a garbage can. "It's just us. It's just us on this bench. No jobs, No future, No dollar, because I gave it to her. What am I gonna do about my mid- afternoon snack?" Riley said sadly.

"I got pizza crust and a shoe" Maya says holding them up smiling. "What size?" Riley questioned.

"10" Rose answered smiling. "What a terrible day" Riley said slouching.

• • •

The girls were still down by the subway as Crazy Hat comes shivering. "I sit here looking' at all the people because it turns out, other people are the key to your own happiness. I watch 'em enough and I start thinking'  about what I can do for them" Evenlyn says. "What you can do for them?" Riley asks confused.

"MM- MMM" Evenly answers. "Now you've been looking' at all these people, Now what do you see?" She questions. "I see a bunch a wet people" Riley said.

"Who could pronely use some real umbrellas" Rosie added looking at the people sadly. "Yeah, Not the no- good kind some Farkle sells on the street just to make some 'Cash, Cabbage, Cheddar- Cheese' " Maya says saying all that he has said before.

"You saw all, that just by lookin' a little. What's a Farkle?" Evenlyn asked. "Roses future husband" Riley says dreamily planing there wedding already.

"Did you know that people won't protect themselves from the storm, but they'll make sure their morning doughnut stays dry?" Maya asked angry at that. "Interseting Observations. Now what are you gonna tell your class about it?" Evenlyn questions.

"Nothing, Not going back tired of being humiliated." Maya answers for them. "Suck it up Maya, were not quitters" Rose tells the blonde.

"You know what? Roses is right. We're gonna go back crazy hat goes into buildings and screams at people and you're not humiliated. right?" Riley questions the lady next to her.

• • •

"It's beens raining for six days" Riley starts. "Here's what's real: people are wet and cold out there, they need something to keep them safe from the storm" Rosalie adds.

"And we know how to give it to them" Riley finishes. "What if every single subway stop in New York City was stocked with donated umbrellas?" Maya said proudly.

"The Matthews, Hart, and Petrova umbrella foundation. It's non- profit" Rosie says happily. "What?!" Farkle yells.

"When you come into the subway station you leave an umbrella in the stand" Maya starts. "And when you leave the next station, there'll be one waiting for you" Riley finishes.

"Were proud to present: The Matthews, Hart, and Petrova umbrella foundation" Rose says brings out papers. "We got you covered" Maya and Riley say unison, also bring out papers.

"There's no money in umbrellas" Farkle said. "No. Only people" Riley says.

"My company makes a profit" Farkle says proudly. "Yeah, but at what cost? Look at your customers" Rose said walking up to him.

"How could something that tastes so good make me feel so bad?" A girl found last time said rubbing he stomach. "What goes up must come down, Farkle" Maya says throwing a muffin at the girl, as she shields herself from it being thrown back, but she eats it.

"At least I was up. What do you have besides an idea?" Farkle says trying to top them. "Which is where a friend of ours come into play" Rose says smirking.

"An Investor" Evenlyn walks in having been called by the young Latina, the other girls didn't know that. "Oh no" Riley says.

"She followed us" Maya said. "Evenlyn Rand" Mr. Matthews said.

"You know crazy hat?" Maya questions Mr. Matthews pointing at the woman. "I know she's the chairman of the board of Rand Industries, You guys walk by her building on the way to school" Mr. Matthews says in a duh voice.

"She really was a building?" Riley asks. "With her name on it" Mr. Matthews says.

"You'll usually find me on the floor of my building going, Rahr, Rahr, Rah!" Evelyn said. "Along with this young woman who is good at finding premature businesses" She adds walking to Rosie smiling.

"Now you two dollies want to know how I got my name on the building?" Evelyn asked the girls and they nod. "By knowing a good idea when I hear one, so i've made out a check to 'The Two dollies and Rose'" Evenlyn says giving Riley the check.

"You can do that?" Riley questions. "I can do whatever I want, now what I want you to do is go get some umbrellas, go get 'em in some subway stations you start. The people will do the rest. I believe in them I've watched them. Now which one is the Farkle?" Evenlyn questions.

As Farkle tries to hide from her eyes, but everyone's eyes on him didn't help. "MM-MMM" Evelyn said. "STOP IT" She yelled in Farkle's face, scaring him.

"Now this is $1.00, Farkle. Somebody came by it by doing hard work. Not by pumping people up with something you knew would let them down. Don't keep the dollar. It won't fix you if you keep it. Pass it on. That's what changes you, Farkle. Take it from me. And my Rosie here was trying to teach you that. You need to listen to her more, and you treat my little rose right or I'll hunt you down" Evelyn said giving him the dollar then winks at Rose.

"Dank je" Farkle says in Dutch. (Thank you) "Graag gedaan" Evelyn said back in Dutch. (Your Welcome)

"And, you two, don't worry so much about your future" Evelyn told the girls next to Rosie. "Really?" Riley questions.

"Really, yes, you two dollies, you're going to be just fine. MM-MMM, now here, here's your first umbrella" Evelyn gives Riley the umbrella and Maya her crazy hat. "Nice, Nice work, dad. You really think that you can make a difference in these kids' lives?" Evelyn asks Mr. Matthews.

"Yeah, I do, I'm their teacher" Mr. Matthews said smiling softly. "Good for you" She said last then walks out the door.

"Riley, If it's at all possible, I'd like to help out with your company" Lucas asked sincerely. "Aww. You're as sweet as sugar" Riley says then whispers in the girls ears then walks out the class room.

"Ms. Matthews says you're fired" Rose starts. "Huh-hur-rrr!" Maya adds, as they walkout with there arms looped.

"Yeah, I had that coming" Lucas says laughing, walking to his seat. Outside Riley opens the umbrella for the girls to walk under it since she was in between both girls.

• • •

The girls and Evelyn sat on the bench watching everyone grab and put back umbrellas, and Evelyn hugs the girls proud of what they've done.

• • • • • •
Expensive (Feat. Date Jack)
Tori Kelly

Vote: Shows me you guys like what I write. And that I should continue.
Comment: Tell me what you think I would love to read your comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 6.6K 23
Warning: Mature Content "You're the only girl that has ever made me feel this way."
17.5K 445 12
A collection of Riarkle one shots, feel free to request x
167K 4.5K 26
WONDERLAND |❝ Didn't it all seem new and exciting? I felt your arms twisting around me, I should have slept with one eye open at night. ❞ Post Descen...
80.1K 1.7K 35
"your crazy." How dare he. "I'm only crazy for you baby." _____________ __________________