Light's Sister (Lawliet x OC)

By heck-boi

Kiki Yagami is Light Yagami's adopted sister. While they aren't flesh and blood they are as close as twins wo... More

Names
Part 2
Part 3
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

Part 4

2.9K 117 78
By heck-boi

~Kiki~

Waking up from a nap is always hard. Then again, waking up in general is hard. I open my eyes and see L sleeping peacefully. I carefully sit up so I don't wake him up, but right before I get up his arms go around my waist. I look at him, he's still sleeping.

"Don't leave." He mumbles sleepily. Now I'm not sure if he's awake or just sleep talking.

"Lawliet?" I ask, my voice a bit hushed.

"Please... Just stay a little longer." He says. I can feel the quick rise of his chest as he breaths and he's shaking slightly.

"Yeah, of course. Don't worry." I say. I can feel tears hit my back and I turn to face him. "What's wrong Lawliet?"

"We've been working together for so long and now this case... Please Kiki, this case is too dangerous and I can't lose my only friend." He says, his voice shaky.

"You won't lose me on this case. I may be reckless sometimes, but I don't have a death wish."

"I'm scared." He whispers.

"I know, that's perfectly normal. Kira won't be easy to beat, but we're two of the smartest people alive. If we can't do this who can?" I say.

"Kiki, I don't think that I'll live to see the end of Kira. There is a 58% chance of my death." He says.

"Don't say that. You'll make it through this, just like every case before." I say.

"Kiki you need to face the facts. The chances of-"

"I don't give a damn about the probability of you surviving this. You'll do it, because if you don't I'll have to join you to kick your ass for getting yourself killed." I say.

"I just think maybe you really should sit this one out."

"I'm not going to fight you about this again."

"You're too young to-"

"I'm too young? Really Lawliet? I am not too young to work on a damn case. I know you want me safe, but I've told you, I'm working this case no matter what. We've already done this. Why won't you just let me do this with you? We have never had this problem before." I say.

"I haven't actually known you before. I didn't have a face, a name, a voice, there wasn't person to think of. You were Key. A modified voice, specifically not a person. Now you are Kiki Rivers. A person with a life, and is very important to some people." He says.

"And you are Lawliet. The world's greatest detective. You inspire people to work better, especially those kids at Wammy's house. Even I look up to you. Plus, you're kind of my only friend." I say. He sighs.

"You make a better lawyer than a detective sometimes." I smile at his words.

"Guess I have a fall back career then for when I'm replaced." I say and he hugs me.

"Never will there be a team better than us." He says and I smile again.

"Yeah, we are pretty good at this." I say.

"Are you hungry at all?" He asks.

"Not really, but do you have any tea?" I ask. I'm hungry, but I don't want to be a bother.

"Yeah. I'll make some real quick." He says and gets up from the couch. With my source of heat suddenly gone I wrap the blanket around me. After a minute of sitting on the couch I walk into the kitchen and sit on the counter next to the stove where L is boiling the water.

"Bored?" He asks.

"It got lonely and cold in there." I say. He chuckles, looking over at me.

"You're cold?" He asks.

"A little." I say, swinging my feet.

"Here." He says. He slips off his over sized long sleeved shirt and hands it to me. 

"It's okay, really." I say and smile.

"Really, he says with a small smile and I take it, pulling it over my head. It's huge on me! The sleeves go past my hands and it almost completely overs my shorts. I can't help but smile.

~Lawliet~

I suppress a smile when I look over at Kiki. She's looks adorable because my shirt is so big on her. I make the tea and hand her a cup after adding some honey. She takes a deep breath and a warm smile spreads across her lips.

"I love tea." She says and takes a sip. "It warms you up, relieves stress and gives you an over all calm feeling." I drop 10 sugar cubes into my cup and mix it together before taking a sip. For a while we are both silent, happily drinking our tea.

"Lawliet, don't you ever get lonely working by yourself so much?" She asks.

"Every so often, yes, but I simply busy myself with a case." I say. "Plus, I don't work alone. I work with you and Watari." She nods and takes another sip of her tea.

"Do you every get lonely?" I ask her.

"Of course I do. I have one, maybe 2 friends and Light. Why do you think I go all out on cases? There's nothing else to do." She answers. When she says that I want to scoop her up in a hug. I need to keep my emotionless act though.  She sips on her tea and sighs.

"I'm sorry, forget about that." She says and smiles softly, looking me in the eyes. I nod, but I won't forget.

"Okay." I say. She nods and pushes her self off of the counter, walking back to the living room. "We should work a little while we have the time together."

"I think we should leave a bit up to the taskforce, see what they can come up with." I say, she bites her lip.

"Okay. Seems reasonable." Kiki says.

"I know this great bakery, it's small, but really pretty. How about we go there and get some sweets?" I suggest.

"Sounds good, though I don't have much money on me." She confesses.

"That's okay, I can pay for the both of us." I tell her.

"Are you sure? I was just going to get something small anyway." She says as I go and get another shirt, loosely slipping on shoes

"It will be me thanking you for always helping me out so much." I tell her and she smiles a little.

"Okay." She says, putting back on her shoes. We walk out as I call Wateri and tell him where we are going. He says I shouldn't go outside, especially with Kiki, but I tell him we'll be fine and that we won't be out long.

We reach the near by bakery I told her of soon after I end the call. We pass through a gap between 2 buildings that leads to that smaller building that's decorated with flowers and painted a soft blue.

"I quite like this bakery and they are very good." I say and we walk inside. I watch her scan over the menu, but her eyes land on vanilla cream pie and a small smile, almost sad spreads across her lips. I wonder why. We step up to the counter and she orders a slice the pie and I order a slice of strawberry cake. We only have to wait a minute for our orders and we both take a seat at a small two person table. ((A/N: *Dean Winchester voice* I love me some pie~))

She takes a bite of her pie. and a warm smile spreads across her face. "Me and my little brother would bake together when we were kids. Almost always vanilla cream pie, but it never tasted this good." She says.

"You and Light?" I ask.

"No, my biological brother. I'm sure one of us has a scar from getting burned baking." She says taking another bite. I take a bite of my cake. Delicious.

"I see. Could I try a bite of your pie? It looks quite good." I ask.

"Only if I can try a bite of your cake." Kiki says, smiling.

"Deal." I say and we slide each other our plates, both of us taking a bite. The pie is  very good. The cream and vanilla tastes are perfect and the pie crust is clearly homemade by its nearly cookie taste that balances  with the vanilla.

"Wow this really is good." Kiki says.

"Yes, the pie is very good too. I'll have to get it next time."

"Speaking of time I'm afraid I'll have to leave soon. I'm sure Light is already pretty mad at me. Sorry." She says and we switch our plates back.

"It's okay, though don't let him be too hard on you." I say and she nods, smiling.

"Bye L." She says and gets up, hugging me then picking up her pie and getting a box for it. After that she leaves.

~Kiki~

I walk home knowing that, with traffic, it will be much quicker then taking a taxi. When I get home I unlock the door and walk in, closing it behind me. I know both my parents and that Sayu aren't home, but I'm not sure if Light is. I walk up stairs and call out to him.

"Light? Are you home?" I say and his door opens. Honestly, I'm a little surprised. I half expected him to be out with some girl.

"There you are Kiki. I called you twice since the last time we called, what the hell?!" He says upset.

"You did? Sorry Light. We both kind of fell asleep." I say, biting my lip. He scowls.

"So, tell me about your friend." Light says. I walk in to his room and take his desk chair. "How did you meet him?"

"Online actually." I say, that not completely a lie.

"What's his name?"

"Ryuzaki." I answer. I kind of expected an interrogation.

"How old is he?" He asks with a raised eyebrow. I roll my eyes. This is one answer Light will hate.

"He's 22." I say, biting my lip. and Light stands up from his bed.

"He's 22? Kiki, you're 17! You can't go around making friends with some 22 year old guy you met online!" He yells.

"Light, calm down. I've known him for a while. We've just never really hung out." I say. He sighs. God! I'm so annoyed with him.

"Fine." He says. He shakes his head and I leave his room. I go to my room right across the hall and sit down in front of my computer.

I get back to researching the case. ((little did she know that just across the hall, Light was writing down names in the death note)) Not finding any new information, I decide to make a call. It's been a while since I've called Roger. I dial the number that I know by heart and it takes 4 rings before it's answered.

"Roger?" I ask into the phone.

"Who is this?" A young males voice asks from the other end of the phone. I know I couldn't possibly have dialled wrong.

"Is Roger not in right now?" I ask with a small frown.

"No he isn't. I can take a message though." The, I'm guessing, boy says.

"That's fine. I just wanted to check up on Wammy's House because it has been a while. Tell him that Key called and that I also have a bit of news, though he might already know, and to call me back soon." I say.

"Key? Like the person that works with L?" The boy asks.

"Mhmm. I guess you guys know about me then?" I ask. Honestly I had no idea if the kids at Wammy's House knew of me.

"Yeah, less is known about you then L though. Is it true you'll do anything to solve a case?" He asks.

"Most anything, but I do have my limits. The case is always number one though." I say.

"Who are you on the phone with?" I hear in the background of the call.

"Bug off Near! I'm talking to Key!" The boy says. Near... It's been a while since I've heard that.

"But you aren't even supposed to answer the phone. You know that Mello." The second boy, Near, says.

"If you don't mind. I think I'll hang up. It was nice talking to you Mello." I say.

"Aw, but I had a few more questions!" He says sadly.

"I'm sorry. Maybe I'll catch you again. Don't forget to tell Roger I called." I say.

"Okay, bye Key." He says.

"Good-bye Mello, good luck and if you aren't already, make it to the top. Be number one and play dirty, but don't let anyone know." I say and hang up. That was nice.

It's cool Roger tells them about me. From the way Mello talked, it sounded like they thought of me as the same as L. I'll always be a little behind him though. Still, it's sweet that Roger thinks of me as just as good as L. My phone rings and it's Roger's number. I quickly answer. "Hey Roger." I say right away.

"This is Key right? It's Near, I heard a rumour and I really need to know if it's true." He says, talking quickly.

"Um, okay?" I say.

"Is it true you have white hair and black eyes and that you're 17?" He asks. I know that Roger would never tell them what I look like, or my age so how does he know.

"Where did you hear that?" I ask him.

"It's been flying around Wammy's house for a few months. Is it... is it true?" He asks.

"I'm afraid I can't disclose anything of my appearance or my age. Sorry." I say and I here him sigh.

"Okay, that's reasonable. Sorry to bother you Key. I know you must be busy." He says and hangs up.  Oh, Near. I'm sorry that I can't let you know it's me yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.8K 3.7K 26
Light has a goal of making the world a better place by killing off all the evildoers using his Death Note but what if a girl is also in the possessio...
12.9K 687 16
β†’ reader x yandere? various Years ago you found a note book that granted you the power over life and death. Since then, you've been bored. Your exci...
464K 22.5K 35
To L, she was an unknown piece in the giant game of chess he was playing with Kira. Or rather, she was the wildcard third person that had enough infl...
20.7K 598 27
Yukana Akiyama is a 16 year old who lives in Kanto, Japan. One day, she discovers a notebook with the power to resurrect the dead. Yukana becomes inv...