Crow's feathers - Naruto fanf...

Por the_hooded_girl

After years of banishment the fourth Suna sibling returns. But why now of all times and what is her connectio... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1 Traitor
Chapter 2 Blood
Chapter 3 Sand
Chapter 4 Regret
Random Note 1 Profile
Chapter 5 Love
Chapter 6 Guilty
Chapter 7 Birds
Chapter 8 Shadows
Chapter 9 Heart
Chapter 10 Stormcrow
Chapter 11 Renegade
Random Note 2 Taryn
Chapter 12 Secrets
Chapter 13 Leaves
Chapter 14 Promises
Chapter 15 Truth
Random Note 3 Background
Chapter 16 Siblings
Chapter 17 Gone
Chapter 18 Duty
Chapter 19 Kidnapped
Chapter 20 Priorities
Chapter 21 Those that are precious
Random Note 4 Family
Chapter 22 Maturing
Chapter Extra C-rank mission
Chapter 23 Ichibi
Chapter 24 First touch
Chapter 25 Jinchuuriki
Chapter 26 Faith
Random Note 5 Akatsuki
Chapter 27 Friends
Chapter 28 Betrayal
Chapter 29 Unforgiven
Random Note 6 Jutsu
Chapter 30 Nemesis
Chapter 31 Recruited
Chapter 32 The choices we make
Chapter 33 Regrouping
Chapter 34 Forsaken
Random Note 7 Numbers
Chapter 35 When there's nothing left to say
Chapter 36 Sacrifice
Chapter 37 Forever
Chapter 38 Shinobi
Chapter 39 Soulmates
Chapter 40 Illusion
Chapter 41 Love over honor
Random Note 8 From the past
Chapter 42 Politics
Chapter 43 Confrontations
Random Note 9 Family 2
Chapter 44 Crossfire
Chapter 45 A world of Pain
Chapter 46 Complications
Chapter 47 Heart of an avenger
Chapter 48 The way of the ninja
Random Note 10 - Eye Jutsu
Chapter 49 Darkness of the heart
Chapter 50 No matter what
Chapter 51 The lost and the lonely
Chapter 52 War council
Random Note 11 Lovers
Chapter 53 Brothers in arms
Chapter 55 Casualties
Chapter 56 Tell me something true
Chapter 57 Family Reunion
Chapter 58 Teammates
Chapter 59 Desertstorm
Random Note 12 Timeline
Chapter 60 The calm before the storm
Chapter 61 The Eye of the Moon
Chapter 62 Evernight
Chapter 63 The end of all things
Chapter 64 The point of no return
Chapter 65 No one can be strong all the time
Chapter 66 The voice of reason
Chapter 67 A price to pay
Chapter 68 My brother's keeper
Chapter 69 Prodigies
Random Note 13 Taryn's brats
Chapter 70 Something worth living for
Chapter 71 Legacy
Chapter 72 Motionless
Chapter 73 Never again
Chapter 74 Conspiracies
Chapter 75 We weren't born to follow
Chapter 76 Students and teachers
Chapter 77 Those left behind
Chapter 78 Hate and love and everything in between
Chapter 79 Guilt and blame
Chapter 80 Forgotten heroes
Chapter 81 We took the long way home
Epilogue
Extra: Priviliged
Extra: How to be a ninja - Daro
Extra: The edge of a knife
Extra: Black Wings - Kuro
Extra: No questions asked
Extra: Through hard work - Hiro
Extra: The might-have-been - Itachi
Extra: Marked
Extra: Inner workings of the criminal mind
Extra: Flock of birds - Kakashi
Extra: Moving on - Sasuke
Extra: Letters to home
Extra: Taryn Trivia

Chapter 54 Keep your enemies closer

5.5K 111 31
Por the_hooded_girl

“So, where are we going exactly?” Yura asked casually. He trailed behind Taryn, with Hiro keeping a  watchful eye on him. It amused the older shinobi. Especially since Taryn didn’t seem to be bothered by his presence. Her students appeared to be as overprotective as they had been that first time. “You know,” he told the boy, “that was a clever trick you pulled in the Lighting country. With the scroll.”

Hiro glanced at him suspiciously but couldn’t help but smirk. “Not bad huh for annoying brats.”

Yura chuckled. “So,” he said, “how long ago did you take the Chuunin Exam? Must have been quite the performance when your Kazekage trusts you to protect his sister.”

“I was going to participate in the next,” Hiro said, “Together with my teammates, but I guess it’s gonna be a little postponed now.”

Yura was at a loss for words for a moment. “You’re still… a Genin?” he asked surprised and he glanced at Taryn.

“Keep your chakra low,” Taryn told them, ignoring their conversation, “We don’t know where the enemy might be hiding. We don’t know what to expect, so keep focused.”

“Is she always that serious?” Yura whispered at Hiro.

“Only when the situation requires it,” Hiro told him curtly. He looked around nervously. Even the trees seemed to be watching them. “Sensei?” he asked quietly, “are you sure that Juugo guy and Suigetsu will help us?”

“I don’t know,” Taryn admitted, “but I’ve been away from Akatsuki too long and I don’t know Sasuke that well either. They might have valuable information. I know they don’t want this war. It’s worth a try.”

“You’re gong to ask help from Uchiha’s subordinates?” Yura asked in disbelieve, “that’s why we are risking our lives here? Have you lost your mind?!” He shook his head. “First of all, there’s no way in hell they are going to agree to help you and even if they did, there’s just two of them. What good will it do?”

“You underestimate them,” Taryn said, “you allied with Orochimaru once, you must have heard about the curse mark. Juugo of Tempin is the source of it. You have no idea what he is capable of. And Suigetsu is one of the Houzuki brothers of Mist. Surely you have heard of them.”

“I’ve heard of Mangetsu, but his brother is just a kid.”

“Heh,” Taryn said, “my Genin still beat you back in Lightning. Did you know that was their fist mission?”

Yura gritted his teeth and glared at her. “Heh,” he scoffed.

Taryn pulled her cloak closer around her. It was getting chilly. She watched the steam come from her mouth.

“Stop,” Yura suddenly warned her.

Taryn eyed him confused, but halted nonetheless. “What is it?”

“Something’s not right,” he said, “didn’t you notice the temperature dropping?”

“Yes, but we’re in Iron. It’s the cold season and there’s snow all around. The cold is nothing out of the ordinary.”

“It’s true that the air is colder in Iron, but not this cold. You come from the dry climate of the desert. You may not know, but I’ve been to Iron many times. This cold… it’s not natural.”

“So you figured it out,” a shinobi stepped into view. He had a blank look on his face and didn’t seem completely in control of his limbs.

“Ryuu Kazera,” Yura growled.

“Who?” Hiro asked confused.

“Ryuu Kazera,” Yura repeated, “a missing nin from Mist. Died five years ago.”

“Died?” Hiro said with a tremble in his voice, “he’s dead? But…”

“Well. I didn’t exactly die,” Ryuu taunted, “I was killed.” He turned to Yura, “by you.”

Yura gritted his teeth. “You shouldn’t have crossed me.”

Ryuu shrugged. “Perhaps. It still doesn’t explain why I’m here.” He turned to Taryn and smirked. “You have nice company.

“What do you want?” Taryn hissed.

“I don’t want anything,” Ryuu said, “but whoever brought me back must really dislike you. I can’t control my own movements. I don’t like that.”

As to prove his point, his body suddenly shot forward and separated Taryn and Yura who had been standing together.

“Watch out!” Yura called, “he’s no easy opponent. He can combine wind and water into ice.”

“I sure can,” Ryuu said and formed a few hand seals.

Ice pins shot out and one pierced Taryn’s leg. She screamed and buckled. The spot where she was hit burned. Quickly she pulled it out and focused. ‘Right. He has wind and water. My lightning will be good against his water, but not against his wind. I can melt his ice with fire, but it won’t help us much. Yura has earth based jutsu,  that might do against his wind. And Hiro can use water. How can we make this work?’

Hiro charged at Ryuu. “Water dragons, wave of terror!” A pair of giant dragons appeared, made out of water and the thunderous roar that flowed could be heard throughout the valley.

Ryuu grinned and prepared another jutsu. Hiro’s dragons turned to ice and a wind attack sliced them to pieces.

Hiro gasped. He barely dodged the next attack.

Yura gritted his teeth and performed an earth based jutsu. Ryuu’s feet sunk into the ground and locked him there.

Taryn had crawled to her feet again and charged at him with Chidori.  When she almost reached him, an ice mirror rose in front of her. She managed to divert the jutsu just in time before electrocuting herself. She aimed at the ground instead.

“Impressive skills,” Ryuu complimented, “not everyone would have reacted that fast. What is your name?”

“They call me the Desertstorm,” Taryn growled.

Ryuu chuckled. “I have heard of you.. Wind and Fire they say, combined in a lethal attack that burns everything in the area. Care to match it against my ice?”

“Heh,” Taryn scoffed, “There’s no need to use that against you.” She activated Byakugan.

Ryuu narrowed his eyes. He sent another set of ice pins her way, but Taryn cast them off with Kaiten. The pins flew towards the others and Yura quickly rose the earth on which he stood, so the ice pins embedded themselves into the wall.

Hiro stopped the ones that came his way with a wall of water.

When Kaiten stopped spinning, Taryn was gone. Ryuu glanced around, but couldn’t locate her, so he focused on the other two for the time being.

A heavy mist surrounded the area. Hiro shivered from the sudden cold.

Yura glanced at him. “Hey kid, focus. We have to beat this guy.”

Hiro took a deep breath. “Right,” he nodded and thought for a moment. Yura’s jutsu were earth based. He could work with that. He had fought side by side with Daro for a long time. He raised his water dragons again.

Ryuu smirked. “You’re not very smart, are you? It didn’t work last time and it won’t work now.” He sent his ice jutsu at Hiro again, but an earth wall rose up in front of Hiro’s attack and protected him. Hiro’s jutsu engulfed the earth wall and a wave of mud washed over their opponent.

Ryuu gasped in shock and couldn’t counter in time. He washed away to the ground and spit out a mouth full of water. “Heh heh,” he chuckled, “That was a clever move, but it’s not enough to take me out.” His hands formed another set of seals, but he frowned. “Hey,” he said, “that is not the attack I wanted to do.” A sharp wind blade shot out towards Hiro. The boy gasped, but was pushed aside by Yura.

Ryuu gritted his teeth. Why couldn’t he control his own body?

Yura eyed Ryuu carefully and then grinned. “Soak him,” he told Hiro.

“What?” the boy asked confused.

“Do it,” Yura said.

“Okay,” Hiro nodded and sent a water style jutsu at Ryuu.

The Mist rogue laughed. “What are you going to do boy? Drown  me? I’m  Mist shinobi. A little water won’t harm me.”

“No,” another voice said behind him, “but this might.”

Taryn lifted her hand that was surrounded by lightning and slammed it against his chest. Ryuu gasped and shuddered. He sunk to the ground and gasped for breath.

“Sensei,” Hiro stared at her surprised.

Taryn was still staring at Ryuu who lay on the ground, convulsing.

He looked at her in pain. “Kill me,” he choked out.

Taryn took out a kunai and ended his suffering. She had a concerned expression on her face.

“What is it?” Yura asked.

“We need to leave,” Taryn said, “now.”

“Why?” Hiro asked concerned, “what’s wrong? He’s dead, isn’t he?”

Taryn looked at Yura. “You were the one that killed him, isn’t that right?” Yura nodded. “Would he want to take revenge on you?”

Yura grinned. “I’d say so. Yes. Why?”

“He was sent here for you,” Taryn said, “he didn’t know the two if us. He knew you.”

Yura stared at her, trying to figure it out.

“The enemy knows where we are,” Taryn said, “he sent Ryuu to stall us. We need to go.”

“How could he know where we are?” Yura asked, “we didn’t see anyone else. Unless there are spies in the campment.”

“Zetsu,” Taryn answered while stalking off.

The other two quickened their pace and followed her.

“Who?” Yura asked.

“He is one of Akatsuki,” Taryn told them, “ a missing nin from Grass. He can clone himself like the seedlings of a plant and he uses the Earth to transport them. He knows our location. We can’t linger here. We have to reach the tower as soon as possible before other visitors start showing up.”

***

Kuro looked around nervously. It was the first time he would have to fight separately from his teammates and he only now realized how much he had always relied on them. He knew their skills and all three of them knew exactly how the other would react. Here he was among strangers and not all of them had been on friendly terms with Suna in the past. Of course they were all allies now, but trust needed time.

He sighed, not knowing what was expected of him.

A Jounin came up to him. “He kid,” he said, “you’re in our division, aren’t you?”

Kuro looked up and stared at the young man’s blank eyes. He recognized them as a signature of the Hyuuga clan. Taryn had the same eyes whenever she used her Byakugan. “Hyuuga-san,” he said and made a bow.

“You’re one of Taryn’s students,” the Jounin noted.

Kuro nodded. “I’m Neji,” the Jounin said, “your sensei is my cousin.”

“Kuro Shiraki,” Kuro introduced himself.

“Come,” Neji said, “stay with us. What’s your specialty?”

“Genjutsu.”

“Good. We can use that,” Neji said, “we’re headed East. We are the scouts. It’s our job to keep an eye on approaching enemies and report directly to the Head Quarters. Did you pick up your equipment yet?”

Kuro nodded.

“Alright. We’re all set then.” He took Kuro with him to the rest of the division.

“Hey,” Kiba rushed up to them with at his side Akamaru, “what do you think we can expect?”

“We should prepare for anything,” Neji answered, “if the enemy uses a resurrection jutsu, there’s no telling what opponent we will have to face. We have to take them as they come.”

He looked at Kuro. “Have you ever used our genjutsu on more than one person at the time?”

Kuro’s eyes grew large. “O-only in training,” he said.

Neji sighed. “I guess it will have to do.” He was worried. Most of the shinobi he had met with so far had no real experience with war. They had been children or mere Genin during the last Great War. He himself hadn’t been born yet at that time.

War wasn’t like a regular mission. Not even A-rank. In a war you had to keep going no matter what. There was no time to grieve over fallen comrades either. One moment of losing focus would cost you your life.

“Stay focused okay?” he told Kuro, “if the enemy approaches, confuse them with your genjutsu. Slow them down, make them change direction. What ever you can come up with. Can you do that?”

Kuro nodded determined. “I won’t let you down.”

***

“Are you sure you’ll be able to control that many bodies?” Madara asked. He eyed Kabuto skeptically. Kabuto grinned. “I told you before, there is no limit to this jutsu. It’s perfect.”

“Hn,” Madara mused, “there must be some flaw in it. No jutsu is perfect. There must be a way to break it.”

“There is,” Kabuto admitted, “more than one actually. But I won’t tell you my secrets. I’m not that trusting of you.”

“Very wise,” Madara said amused, “fine. Keep you secrets then. I don’t care. Just don’t turn on me. I have some tricks up my sleeve as well.”

“I didn’t doubt that,” Kabuto answered, “don’t worry. I’m enjoying myself far too much to betray you at the moment.” He grinned as he watched his next resurrections go. Asuma and the Fourth Kazekage. He chuckled darkly. Finally he could get some revenge on those that had mocked him all these years. And one person in particular. ‘Just wait Taryn until you see what I’ve planned for you.’

***

“We’re almost there,” Hiro said. He could already see the tower rise up at the horizon.

“So, what’s your plan of approach?” Yura turned to Taryn who was still limping beside him.

“You two stay outside,” Taryn said, “I’m going in alone. Don’t come after me unless I call for you.”

Yura snorted. Don’t be stupid,” he said, “we were sent with you as your escort. We’re not going to leave you by yourself.”

“I’m your captain,” Taryn said, “and I’m ordering you to stay behind.” She glanced around suspiciously. They hadn’t encountered any other enemies yet. Did that mean Kabuto was saving his corpses to wipe out the alliance? Or that he had something else in store for them? She sensed around. They weren’t trapped in a genjutsu. Her Byakugan couldn’t locate anyone either.

“Hiro,” she said, “summon one of your smaller hawks to check out the vicinity. I don’t trust this place.”

Hiro nodded and did as she had asked.

Taryn watched the hawk soar with a thoughtful expression.

After a few minutes the little bird returned. “The road is clear,” he said, “I didn’t see any movement.” He landed on Hiro’s shoulder.

Taryn sighed. “Alright. I’m going in.” She turned to the other two. “Stay here and keep your guard up. Cover me, but don’t follow me inside.”

“Yes sensei,” Hiro said.

Yura nodded. “If you’re not back in thirty minutes, we’re going in after you,” he said.

Taryn was about to protest, but though against it. “Alright,” she said. This wasn’t the time to be stubborn. “Thirty minutes. Not a moment sooner.”

“Why is everything so quiet here?” Suigetsu questioned, “Where did everyone go?”

Juugo dropped the last stone to the ground. The two of them had been trapped here after the roof collapsed. It had taken them a full day to get to the first floor, only to find it blocked as well. They had been trapped here ever since.

“Shouldn’t someone have checked on us by now?”

Juugo had a thoughtful expression on his face. “I don’t know,” he answered, “do you think they have taken Sasuke prisoner?”

“I dunno man. Did you feel that chakra coming from him? It gave me the creeps. I’m not a sensor like Karin, but even I could feel it. Something is definitely wrong.”

Juugo sighed. He had felt it too and it worried hi. It reminded him of how he used to feel before the urge to kill would surface. Suigetsu was right. Something was definitely wrong. This was not the Sasuke he had chosen to follow. This dark Sasuke was not like Kimimaro at all.

“Speaking of,” Suigetsu continued, “where is Karin anyway? Normally she’d be down here looking for us and biting my head off.”

“She’s probably with Sasuke,” Juugo said.

“Typical,” Suigetsu snorted, ”running after Sasuke like a lost little puppy and let us rot down here. Selfish little bitch.”

“You’re a loud one aren’t’ you?” came a voice from the other side of the hallway, “I could hear you all the way upstairs.”

“Who is there? Juugo demanded.

Taryn stepped out of the shadows and looked at them calmly.

“You?” Suigetsu said, “where did you come from? What do you want now?” He looked around. “I can’t seem to find my sword, but I’ll still teach you a lesson.”

“I’m not here to fight,” Taryn told them.

“Right,” Suigetsu muttered.

Taryn rolled her eyes. “Really,” she said, “if I were here to kill you, do you think I would have announced my presence? I could have just let the walls cave in and burry you here.”

“Then why did you come?” Juugo asked.

“To talk,” Taryn said while approaching them.

“Talk?” Suigetsu spat, “talk about what?”

“About the war that’s raging outside,” Taryn said.

Juugo and Suigetsu exchanged glances.

“War?”

“You don’t have a clue what’s going on out there, do you?”

“What the hell are you talking about?!” Suigetsu demanded, “and what moron took my sword?!”

“Your sword is not here,” Taryn said.

“Yeah I figured that out on my own already,” Suigetsu retorted, “I want to know who took it.”

“No one took it,” Taryn said, “it’s been summoned… by its rightful owner.”

“Zabuza is dead,” Suigetsu said.

Taryn turned away from him and looked at Juugo instead.

“Tell us everything,” he said.

***

“It’s taking too long,” Hiro said, “we should go in.” He stood up, but Yura pulled him back.

“Wait,” he said.

“Let go of me,” Hiro warned.

“She’s only been down for fifteen minutes. Give her time. She can handle her own, don’t worry.”

Hiro frowned in concern. He was anxious having to wait this long. What if those criminals didn’t want to listen to her. What if they killed her instead? He had promised the Kazekage to defend her with his life. And he was sitting here in the bushes doing nothing. He bit his lip. He would never forgive himself if something would happen to her.

“She always gets herself in trouble,” he muttered, “we have to move in.”

“She’s an excellent Jounin,” Yura said, “she knows how to handle this kind of situation. And she’s our team captain. She ordered us to stay put so that is what we’ll do. Disobeying orders can get you and your teammates killed. Did she not teach you that?”

“Yeah,” Hiro said annoyed, “but she also taught us that teammates never abandon each other.”

“We’re not abandoning her. Working in a team also means trusting each other. We need to stay here. What if an enemy approaches and enters the building? If we stay here, we can cut him off. We are the back up team.”

“Heh,” Hiro said, “no one is here. Besides, we took out that Ryuu guy easily enough.”

“We were three against one. The enemy knows not only where we are, but also our skill level. The next time they’ll send stronger opponents.”

Hiro seemed to think about that for a moment and let out a sigh. “So how long do w…” Suddenly Yura’s head snapped up and he pushed Hiro aside. He had felt a tremor in the earth.

The boy gasped, but Yura ignored it. All his senses were on sharp.

“Wha…,” Hiro asked, but Yura lifted his hand.

“Be quiet,” he whispered, “and stay alert.”

Hiro’s breath stocked and he took out a dagger.

Yura narrowed his eyes. There it was again. He focused his chakra and slammed a fist into the ground.

A strange shaped shinobi leaped out and let out a maniacal laugh. “You found me!”

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

120K 3.1K 78
- Banished Naruto AU - Naruto had brung back the "Last Uchiha" Sasuke back to konoha bloodied only to be banished for "Hurting" their "Precious Uchi...
394K 10.3K 64
Y/n Uchiha was the Youngest Sibling of Madara and Izuna. She was adopted by Madara after her parents died in the battle between the Senju and Uchi...
258K 9.9K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...
395K 11.2K 38
Ikeri Uchiha is the daughter of Itachi Uchiha and Amiki Uchiha. She was born 4 years before the Uchiha Massacre. Her mother, Amiki died during her bi...