Trance

By ishipmeandchocolate

[COMPLETED] Fear is an emotion Nirvaan can't control. The tapping foot, the racing heartbeat and quick breath... More

Extended Summary + Author's Note
Chapter One: Matsya's side
Chapter Two: Nirvaan's life
Chapter Three: Meeting Her
Chapter Four: At Least You Didn't Get Shot
Chapter Five: The Car Ride
Chapter Seven: How Do You Get Rid Of Someone?
Chapter Eight: Aftermaths
Chapter Nine: Bars and Phone Calls
Chapter Ten: Birthday Parties
Chapter Eleven: That's Illegal
Chapter Twelve: I'm a Criminal?
Chapter Thirteen: Pizza and Phones
Chapter Fourteen: Breaking into Hotels
Important A/N
Chapter Fifteen: Hot Pools
Chapter Sixteen: Car Owners
Chapter Seventeen: Decisions
Chapter Eighteen: Confusions and Secrets.
Chapter Nineteen: Dreams and Desires
Chapter 20: Meeting her - once again
Chapter 21: The Moon and Sun Have Met.
Chapter 22: Sukoon (Peace)
Chapter 23: The Return of The Green Car
Chapter 24: Death?
Chapter 25: Matsya
thank you! 🌹 + SPIN OFF????

Chapter Six: A Rerun Of The Same Show

170 35 152
By ishipmeandchocolate

NZ's weather sucks. By the way, I might not be that active next week due to school + exams. Wish me luck, I need it. Also another reason could be because my fingers freezed off while typing due to NZ's weather.

"I'll take it from here," Matsya tells me as I rub my hands to obtain some heat. "I'll just walk back."

Back? To where? "Are you sure?" I ask, shoving my hands in my pockets. Honestly, my fear of her hasn't died at all. I still have a speeding heart and a foot that won't stop tapping. To top it off, I'm sure I've sweated my shirt off by now.

Since the air is starting freeze into midnight, all I want to do is run off into my car but instead I watch Matsya's figure. "It's fine," she nods, letting a steam of heat into the air along with her words.

With my heart's beat calming down, I walk back to my car. Today's memories need to be hurried somewhere where I won't ever see it again. All I want to do is sleep peacefully, wrapped like burrito and just wait until the week is over.

My stomach flips over, feeling strangely empty while I drive. The idea of skipping on those noodles felt good at the time but now, the rumble reminds me of what I missed out on.

I'll just go to bed hungry. It's about eleven or twelve now and the weariness is seeping in. Sleep sounds so perfect to me to the poiny where I could sleep on this wheel if it isn't for the fact I'm driving home.

My mind falls back to Matsya and all the confusion about her. If this was some movie, I could imagine that they were twins, that the Matsya helping the kids was someone else. But the tone of her voice and the fact she quickly remembered my face is enough to rule that idea out.

Seriously though, what had happen? From a person who had a gun to my head to a person who gives medicine to the poor. I bite my lip as I recall her cut hand. Did she break into the pharmacy of something? How did she even get such a huge cut? Did she have a fist fight with someone who has a blade in order to win the medicine?

Maybe I'm thinking too highly of Matsya. After all, she is the person who held a gun to my head. Why did I even say yes to her getting in my car? Oh, right; the fact that she owns a gun.

Thank God or whoever is up there that she probably won't ever bump into me. She might erase my existence because I know too much. Why did I even ask her name? To stalk her Facebook? Find her on Instagram? Someone should smack me on my head next time.

There's zero point of stressing this out any more. It's not like Matsya is planning on bumping into me again. The car stops in front of my apartment and I quickly get out.

"So who was she?" Diego asks, sitting on my spare chair. The chair swirls to greet me and I sigh at him and his grinning face.

"What are you even happy about?" I question him. What's even his motive? It's not like having someone in my life will make any more of an impact than anyone who is already here.

"The last time you dated someone was three years ago! It's really sad for people who genuinely care about you," Diego replies. "Also, you've always got this angry face-"

"Nothing happened," I interrupt. "And can't a guy have a naturally angry face? What does anyone have to do with it?"

Peoplw can be single and statisfied with their lives. You don't need someone to make your 'life complete.' It seems more of nuisance anyways, the whole idea of falling in love. Who actually wants to risk their lives?

"Oh," he sighs. His face gives it away though, he's still smirking like he know something I don't.

"What is it?" I say as I flop onto my chair. My eyes refuse to meet his grinning ones and instead, I stare upon my desk which is filled with sheets to organize and edit. The papers seem blurry to me and I rub my eyes, the lack of sleep getting to me.

"You know how you've always needed an assistant? Well, there's this person who is willing to be your assistant for a short while until she gets the ropes and can carry on with building her career," Diego informs me. He stops to frown at his watch, most likely an expensive designer one. "She should be here by now."

My attention turns away from Diego's permanent smirk and to opening doors. They swing open and my eyes meet a pair of familiar brown ones.

No. This can't be happening. Why does is this happening to me? I pinch the skin on my hand, hoping that it'll break this nightmare. Instead, my skin throbs and Matsya walks closer towards me.

In my panick, I move off my chair. I fail to grab the chair and fall to the ground on my back, probably an amusing sight to anyone who sees me. In the process, I bang my elbow on my wooden desk and knock over some papers.

A fit of laughter leads to my eyes opening to spot Diego laughing at my sprawled figure. My eyes blink shut again with my face still facing towards the ceiling. This place has nothing interesting to see anyways.

I officially give up on anything. The emotion fear seems to have become permanent in my case. I open my eyes again to see Diego standing beside my desk. "Nothing happened?" Diego asks innocently, his words sounding sweet yet mocking.

The white ceiling and I seem to have made a friendship or some sort of connection. My eyes refuse to meet Diego's face or sneak a peek at Matsya. Despite the fact the ceiling is plain with nothing but a few lights hanging towards me, I watch it as if I'm a desi uncle and it's cricket. Someone should just hurry up say 'I ship it' because at this rate, I'll be getting married to it.

"It's not like that - never mind," I sigh and give up. Diego offers his hand to me and I use it to pull myself up. Matsya clutches a notebook to her chest carefully. Her red dress seems too over the top compared to my jeans and black shirt. The designs of flowers decorate the edges, creeping up to her waist. A white lace cuts off the dress along with some red heels.

The Matsya from last night has disappeared. The only thing in common they have is the heels - and the same face. Matsya is gorgeous, the type of girl that would make you question on how is she not a model. The one with the perfect cheekbones and eyes that just stick in your mind even you wish them away, the ones that peek in your nightmares.

Never mind, it's only Matsya that could do that. Look absolutely beautiful while haunting my nightmares. My eyes feel weary and I know that my eyebags have permanently set by now from stress, lack of sleep and Matsya's face.

"Matsya meet Nirvaan, Nirvaan meet Matsya. I thought it'll be nice to introduce you guys despite the fact you most likely know each other extremely well. Oh, and before I go - Please make sure that you guys keep everything strictly work here," Diego happily lectures us.

Strictly work? Great, that ensures if anything like high pitched screaming will be quickly sought after and I'll be safe from this criminal. Diego smiles at us, leaning to make his body a barrier between me and Matsya.

The barrier drops when he easily starts to walks away, leaving us here. My mouth drops and I walk after him. "Diego!" I call. I catch his reflection in the glass window, a permanent smirk on his face.

Only if he knew the truth. Then he would have been as terrified as me or even more. "You can't expect me to have her as my assistant," I puff, already tired from jogging. My eyes meet his and he bursts out laughing at me, drawing attention from people who walks past with mugs in their hands.

"What? Does she hate you?" Diego asks with a pout. "Is she an ex? Wait, you did know her before yesterday afternoon, right?"

"Duh," I glare at him. As soon as the words come out of my mouth, I realize how bad it sounds. Diego already assumes that we have something going on. My statement probably made matters worse. "Not like that," I cover up.

Diego watches me with an aumused smirk. "Deal with it, it's only about a month. I bet she isn't even terrible as you make it seem."

She's much worse. Diego starts to walk away, humming a tune as he looks at his watch. I look at his figure with wide eyes and a speeding rate. He actually expects me to this?

Diego can't be serious, right? Why does he despite me so deeply? I can't deal with Matsya for a day, let alone a month. A daunting thought haunts me. If you make through a day. Who knows with Matsya? She'll probably erase me within a week.

When I see him, I swear he won't live to another day if it wasn't for the fact he actually exercises. He'll easily outrun me. Someone needs to save me, I can't handle the thought of surviving this week let alone this month.

If only if I could tell him the truth. The truth would make everything so much easier and simpler. But how am I supposed to? My eyes look back at Matsya, who is walking around my office without knowing that my gaze is on her. If I survive this day, I'll finally tell the truth. Matsya will be behind bars like she derseves to be and I'll be safe.

At last.

NZ's weather sucks rn, I can't deal with it. I swear my fingers freezed off while I was writing this.

How was the chapter? Any feedback? I feel like Nirvaan's emotions are kind of blurry and I didn't really expand on that. Anything I could have added or should have?

For real though, why do I never do my homework? Is there some kind of special treatment for this.

Btw, does anyone want a banner or cover? I've been going on editing sprees. Tell me if y'all do because I read like mosy of your guy's books.

Vote?

- Maya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 9.7K 51
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...
4.4K 298 13
"I am done with you." she huffed. Yet she whispered, "I can never get enough of you." "It hurts to be with her." he groaned. Yet he added, "But it hu...
3.2M 83.4K 53
"Do you have a boyfriend?" At this I had to laugh, I was one of the school's biggest nerds, I was never going to date anyone. That was a fact. "No...
338K 24.2K 29
❝You can give yourself a second chance too.❞ x After being shattered, Falak Kulkarni expects no light. Walking in seemingly endless darkness, she tri...