The Alpha's Mark

By CeCeAnnT

Ray's messed up. In all ways possible. But she has a reason to be, right? No place to go. No shoulder to cry... More

The Alpha's Mark
Better Kiss My Ass Goodbye.
A Storm Of Confusion.
The Nerve Of Him.
Misunderstood.
A Fist Full Of Love.
Self Control.
Gage's Psychotic Girlfriend.
Who The Hell Is Avery?
Setting Myself Up For Disaster.
Food Fight!
Poisonous Kisses.
Marked.
Dead End.
Finding Dustin.
A Different Side Of Gage.
If Looks Could Kill.
Music To My Ears.
Hello, Temptation.
Over Protective, Much?
Coming Undone.
The Date.
Where Loyalty Lies.
Friend or Foe?
Decisions.
Ava Returns.
Too Close For Comfort.
Fighting To Be Free.
Epilogue.
Finding Dustin - Spin off!

Dinner With The Greens.

130K 2K 400
By CeCeAnnT

--------------------------------------

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED.

-----------------------------------------

  Another boring day of school, I thought dreadfully as I stared into the mirror, combing through my brown and blue locks with a sigh.

It's only the third day of the week since I've started and I already fell as if it's hell.

Hopefully, the day will go quickly. Just like yesterday. And Ava won't open her fucking mouth. I could only hope.

"Come on, Ray, were gonna be late!"

Gabby yelled from downstairs and banged on the wall. So impatient. "I'm going!" I called back and slipped into my shoes, then trudged my way out of the room and down the stairs.

I caught sight of Gabby leaning against the door way, staring at her watch and tapping her foot. She looked up once she heard me clear my throat, and shot off, grabbed me by the arm and out the door, into her car.

She rushed into the driver seat, and started up the car, then stepped on the gas petal and we were off.

"Woah. Why such the hurry? It's only seven."

"Exactly! Ten minutes till the bell!" She screeched, and I rolled my eyes.

Like we could be late, the school was hella close to the house, so I didn't see the reason Gabby was freaking out, but I kept my mouth shut, afraid she'd go on a panic rampage.

Shortly after, we pulled up to the school, with only a minute to spare, according to Gabby. But before  even got to reply, she was off running up the steps into the school.

I got out slowly, and fixed my baggy hoodie when I heard the bell ring, I closed the door with a grunt and made my way up the steps.

The halls were empty as I made my way in, the only thing heard was the voice over the speakers. Morning announcements, I think it was called.

I walked to the classroom, and swung it open, catching the attention of everyone in the classroom. And especially the teacher.

She raised a brow at me, examining over my messy appearance, jeans, a hoodie, and old beat up shoes.

"You're late."

"Thanks for stating the obvious." I replied, grumpily, and the whole class 'Oh-ed' at my remark. I honestly just felt like turning to them, and screaming, "Shut the fuck up!" But I contained myself, and screamed it at them mentally.

"Excuse me?" Ms. Bitch - I mean, Ms. Gonzalez - spat, and crossed her arms over her chest. Glaring at me with her little beady eyes. Now I could see the reason she was Ms, and not a Mrs.

I opened my mouth to spew out another smart remark, when I stopped myself. It wasn't a perticulary good idea to go pissing off Ms. Gonzalez. Not because I was afriad of her, but the attention it would be bring to me. And all I wanted to do was lay low, because when I run off, I don't want many people to notice. "Nothing. I'm sorry, Ms. Gonzalez, for my terribly rude remark. May I take my seat?"

A smirk crossed her lips, and a look saying, 'Yeah-That's-What-I-Thought' was plastered onto her face. "Be my guest, Ms..?"

I gave a brief thank you nod, and made my way to my seat, ignoring her lingering question. But as I took my seat, and faced the chalk board, she kept her eyes on me. Waiting. I glanced over to Dustin, who gave me a small 'Hello' smile. I returned it, then looked back to Ms. Gonzalez.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, suddenly feeling hot as all eyes on the classroom focused on me. I licked my dry lips, and brushed back a stray curl. Now wishing I had actually taken my time to do my hair this morning. "Addison."

She pursed her lips, "Right. First name?"

Seriously? You don't even know my name? What kinda teacher are you?

Then again, I was new to the school. Non the less, the town. "Ray."

"Are you new to town?"

I gritted my teeth, more and more question. Couldn't this bitch just stick her nose out of my busines? It's like she wanted me to explode in anger, seeing as she wore that same little smile. I can wipe that smirk off you, if you like. "Yup."

"Welcome then. I have a feeling you and me are going to get along great." She then turned back to the board, and began teaching a lesson I was the least bit interested in.

--------------

"Well, Ms. Gonzalez seems to like you." Dustin mused, as we stood in line to get lunch.

Ever since this mornings events, everybody who passed me, teased me, saying, 'Looks like Ms. Gonzalez has her next victim.'

Apparently, each year, Ms. Gonzalez took a special..liking to one student. And made their life a living hell. Too bad mine already was.

And it's not like I'd be sticking around for long to let Ms. Gonzalez victimise me.  "Yeah, totally."

He chuckled at my sarcastic comment, and grabbed his tray right after he paid, I did the same, paying with the money Gabby had gave me then made my way with Dustin to a table.

I took my place, sitting in front of Dustin.

I picked lazily with a plastic fork at my pizza, Dustin right away noticed my mode. "Not hungry?"

I shook my head. "No, it's not that. Just..thinking."

Dustin chuckled, and took a bite of his own pizza. "You can't think and eat at the same time? Should I be worried?" He said, with a mouth full of food.

I scrunched my face up in disgust. "Should I be alarmed you have no manners?"

He laughed, then closed his mouth, swallowing down his food. "You sound like my mom."

"Speaking about your mom, how is she?" I asked, actually curious to see how she was doing.

"She's doing good. Looking forward to tonight. You have no idea how many times she's questioned me if you're my girlfriend."

I laughed, "Why would she think that?"

"I don't know. She said the way I look at you, is the way my father use to look at her, when they were in love." He shrugged casually like it was no big deal. And I nodded, agreeing with him silently that it was no big deal a well. But I couldn't stop myself from asking,

"The way your father use to look at her?"

Dustin seemed to grow stiff at my question, but what did he expect? Did he think he could just bring up his father, and I wouldn't ask?

But then, I remembered how I hated when people asked about my..parents. The way it felt. "I'm sorry, that was really nosey for me. You don't have to tell me."

Dustin quickly shook his head, "No. It's okay. My dad..he left us when I was smaller. When my mom was diagnosed with cancer. We still hear from him, though. He sends cash, and talks on the phone with us. Mostly with Decklin."

"It seems everybody has a missing parent around here." I mumbled, and Dustin chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess." He replied, then went back to eating his food silently, looking like he was thinking.

I soon fell into deep thought, and my eyes drifted over to Gage's table, the popular table, as I liked to call it. There sat Gage, Ava, Gabby, and everybody from the pack. Laughing. Wasn't I part of the pack? No. More like I was their prisoner.

I felt so excluded. But did I care? Pft, no, of course not. Why would I?

But as Gage looked over to me and Dustin's lonely table, I soon cared. Our eyes met right away, and it had Ava staring at me too. Expect, with a raged look on her face. While Gage had a.. blank slat. Like myself.

I saw Ava nudge him in the side, and he broke the intense glance, to look to her. They looked to get into a heated argument.

"Ray?"

I looked away from the scene, towards Dustin who had a concerned look on his face. "You okay?"

I nodded, and pressed my lips into a thin line. Looking at Gage one more time, before looking back to Dustin, giving him a smile. "Never been better."

----------------

"Gabby, he told me I didn't have to dress up," I explained to Gabby as she moved around my room, looking through drawers clothes to find me the 'perfect' outfit.

Gabby looked over her shoulder and scuffed. "He obviously he said to be nice, knowing you have no fashion sense."

I gave her the finger, "Hater."

Gabby rolled her eyes. "You wish."

I took a seat on the bed, and fell back into the fluff on the pillow, then placed a hand on my stomach as I watched her sort through my clothes. "What's wrong with that I'm wearing now, anyway?"

She faced towards me, and her eyes examined my slouched figure. "A lot of things, honey."

"It's not that bad," I said defensively, and looked down at my clothes. Having on a shirt with cartoon designs and a pair of high wasted shorts, along with some beat up Converses. "It could be worse." (A/N: Picture on the side, I suck at describing fashion. As you can tell by Ray's fashion, it's pratically my own in real life. :P)

"Could be worse?" Gabby scuffed, again, oddly sounding like a cat choking  on a hairball. "Nothing is sexy about a cartoon shirt designed for children, Ray."

"I'm not trying to be sexy. It's just a dinner."

"Haven't you heard the saying, 'Dress to impres'?"

I nodded. "Yeah, but fuck that. I rather wear what I want." And with that, I got off the bed and out the door, down the stair, with Gabby trailing behind, bitching at me.

I rounded into the living room, where Gage and Elli sat playing video games. Yelling at one another like maniacs, even with all the screaming they were doing, they manged to hear Gabby shout:

"Ray! I refuse to let you go out on a date like that!"

My eyes nearly bulged out of my head, and I stopped into my tracks, making Gabby bump into my back. I turned towards her, "Gabby!" I hissed.

Gabby's tanned cheek tinted red, and she grinned cheekily, like a five year old caught with their hand in the cookie jar. "Oops?"

"Date? What date?" Gage boomed, and suddenly, the game wasn't important to him anymore, seeing as he threw down the remote and walked to where we stood.

"Dude!" Elli whinged, and Gage snapped around, giving him a glare.

"Get lost, Elli. I have to take to my dear sister and Ray." He said, threw gritted teeth. Elli rolled his eyes, mumbling a 'whatever, man' then walked off and up the stairs.

"Okay, what is this about a date? Who the hell are you going out with? Tell me!" He demanded, and I gave him a glare.

"First off, it's not a date. And even if it was, it's none of your damn business!" I spat. Gage was about to argue back, when Gabby held up her hands.

"OK, everybody, calm down. No fighting."

"No fighting? Gabby, my m-" Gage was quickly interrupted when a knock was heard at the door.

Who the hell was here?

It better not be-

"Dustin!"

Oh, Gabby. How I want to hurt you so bad.

I did a mental facepalm and looked to see Dustin at the door, with a greeting smile on his face that he directed at Gabby. "Hey, Gabby."

"Come on, Ray. You don't want to be late, but wait, pictures first!" Gabby ran over to where I stood, and yanked me to Dustin, where she shoved me next to him, then grabbed a slick black camera.

I stood awkwardly next to Dustin as Gabby took a picture, and he did the same. Obviously wanting to get out of there as much as I did.

I wondered how the hell he had even gotten here. Probably Gabby had called him and given him the directions. That sneaky bitch.

I glanced to where Gage stood, fuming and clutching his fist at his side. The whole time he didn't look at me, he just glared at Dustin. And Dustin seemed to do the same.

It reminded me of the scene at the mall. They were so childish.

"We should get going." I suggested, then tugged on his hand towards the door. He pulled his gaze away from Gage, towards me. I smiled at him, and gave him a reassuring squeeze to his hand that I still held in my mine.

He returned the smile and squeezed my hand right back. "Yeah, you're right. Bye Gabby," He waved to her, and then looked to Gage, who looked strained as he held himself back. "Bye Gage."

I tugged Dustin out the door, and yelled to Gabby before I slammed the door close, "Later!"

I shook my head with a sigh, thanking the Lord I was out of that awkward situation. Dustin laughed. "I take it you didn't know I was coming to your house, huh?"

I let out a faint laugh, "You guessed it. Talk about the element of surprise."

"Well, surprises aren't all that bad, right?"

"I guess not."

I looked towards the ground, hearing the gravel crunch under my shoes. I lifted my head from the ground, and caught sight of his Jeep.

"What's the story about that very ugly coloured car, anyway?" I questioned, and a look of hurt crossed Dustin's face, and with his free hand, he placed a hand over his heart, acting hurt.

"Ray! It's not ugly!"

"Sorry to break it to you, but yes it is, very." I stated boldly, and eyed it as we approached it.

"If you must know, it's a handy down. From my brother." He said, and I raised a eyebrow towards him.

"So you aren't the family who pass down clothes, but cars?"

"Yup. If only the handy downs were better, though." He frowned.

"Handy's downs are supposed to be shitty. That's why there called, 'handy downs.'" I pointed out, and Dustin chuckled, then met me with a piercing gaze. "You're right." He smiled. And I did the same.

Subconsciously, I squeezed his hand, the one I realized I hadn't let go since we walked down the path. The whole time we were holding hands. I blushed, and slipped my hand out of his. "Sorry," I mumbled apologetically.

"No, it's okay. I like holding your hand."

I nodded, and looked back up at him. "Yeah, me too..I mean, I like holding your hand, not my own, because that would just be-"

"Ray, calm down. I got what you meant. Stop being a spaz and get in the car." He said, teasingly. Washing away my embarrassment with his humor.

"Well, I'm waiting for you to hold the door open for me. That is what gentlemen's do." I replied. Dustin nodded, "Of course."

He made his way around the car, with me following right behind. He opened the passenger door, then bowed. "After you, m'lady."

That line brought me back to the diner, when he had held open the door for me. "Thank you, kind sir."

I hopped in and Dustin shut the door behind me, I buckled up and watched Dustin get in on the other side, then he started the car and began to drive in the direction towards his house. We fell into a peaceful silence the whole car ride, till we pulled up to the familiar house.

"We're here." Dustin announced and jumped out the car, making his way over to my door, he opened it for me and I got out, managing not to fall on my face.

I could see from where I stood that Jenna was hustling around the kitchen, and talking to Decklin, who had a stack of plates in his hand.

Weirdly, as if he felt my gaze, he turned and looked at me. That same un-comfortable feeling settled back into my stomach.

I turned, and advanced towards the steps. Where Dustin stood already.

He pressed open the door and walked in, calling out, "I'm home!"

I walked in behind him, being greeted by the warm air of the house and the sweet smelling scent of apple pie. Yum.

"Great. You're just in time, the Lasagna just came out of the oven!" I heard Jenna call back, and she peaked her head out of the kitchen. "Hi, Ray!"

I waved to her, "Hi, Jenna." I greeted back, and Decklin passed Dustin, handing him some plates.

"You set the table."

And with that, he went jogging up the steps. Dustin sighed and shook his head. "He's so lazy."

I twirled to face him, and grabbed a few plates out of his arms. "If we work together, setting the table won't be so hard."

"Yeah, that's true." He agreed and led us to a round wooden table. I set down four plates, then orginazed the silverware that was already on the table next to them.

Jenna came twirling in with the Lasgana minutes later. She settled it down in the middle of the table. And then grinned, clapping her hands together.

"The table looks lovely. Thanks Ray."

I nodded, and she went back into the kitchen. I watched Dustin set up the crystal glasses. Handling them with extra care, but he was careless with one.

He placed it on the side, obviously planning on going back to it, but moved his arm back, nuding his elbow with it, sending it flying off the table. It seemed like everything slowed down. And my wolf reflexes kicked in.

My hand shot out, catching it right before it hit the ground.

I raised the glass back up slowly, and placed it down on the table. Aware of the fact that Dustin stared at me appalled.

"How did you catch that?" He pointed to the cup, looking bewildered and confused. For some reason, I masked the expression.

I reached my hand up and scratched the back of my head, then licked my suddenly dry lips. "I have really good reflexes."

What a shitty excuse. I have really good reflexes? More like I had non-human reflexes.

Dustin's eyebrows shot up, a reaction I expect. "Good reflexes? That's like, ninja reflexes! Holy shit! How are you so quick? Were you trained by a sensai?"

Thank god for Dustin's sense of humor, always saving me from the worse of sitatuions. "Psh, no. I'm actually a under cover spy."

He nodded, "Figures. But you should try out for the cheer leading team. They could use a good catcher like you. The last one let a girl fall flat on her face, she wasn't quick enough. You are, though."

I scuffed. Cheer leading? No way! I would rather get my eye balls plucked out then ever join the cheerleading squad!

Dustin caught along to what I was getting at with my gestures. He rolled his eyes. "You watch too many movies. They're not rude bitches. I actually know some, their quite nice."

I shook my head and gestured him off with my hand. "Do I really look like a girl to around parading around in a little outfit, yelling,' U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi, you ugly!'"

Dustin laughed at my obscene cheer. "Yeah, I almost forgot you were different from most girls."

"Different from most girls, eh?" Dustin's mom came waltzing in, looking like a waitress with bread rolls in one hand and a jug of water in the other. Dustin and I reached out at the same time to grab an item, but with me and my 'ninja reflexes' I managed to grab the jug of water first.

Jenna smiled at me. "Surely are different. You have manners, unlike others."

"Others?" I raised a brow and set down the jug of water in the center of the table, next to the plate of Lasgana. Jenna followed after, placing the bread rolls beside.

"Oh yes. I remember this god awful girl who would smack her food and talk with her mouth open, while chewing." Jenna cringed, probably getting a mental image.

I nodded, I couldn't help but agree. One of my major pet peeves were people who smacked their food. It was just gross. "Yeah, I can't stand it. Especially when they spit out tiny chunks while talking. Yuck."

Jenna laughed and patted me on the back. "I'm glad Dustin finally brought home someone decent." She then took her seat down at the table. And I took mine as well.

Dustin sat down beside me, both of us facing his mother who sat across.

"Decklin!" Jenna called, "Dinner's ready, hurry down before it gets cold!"

I could heard the pound of foot steps from Decklin jogging down the stairs, seconds later, he emarged and made his way over to the table and took his seat right in front of me.

He reached out to take a bread roll, when Jenna slapped his hand away. "No eating till we say prayer!"

Decklin grumbled, but nodded. He reached his hand out to me from across the table and I eyed it weirdly. Why was he hold his hand out to me?

That's when I felt Dustin take my hand in his and saw he was gripped his mothers, with Decklin gripping the other. Right. Prayer.

I slid my hand across the table, and flinched for a moment, before settling my hand in his. I watch Jenna close her eyes, and everybody did the same. I closed mine as well. Then Jenna began to speak.

"Dear Lord, I'd like to thank you for this meal you have provided us. Because we know without you, I surely wouldn't be here right now, making dinner for my two son's. And new family friend, Ray. Speaking of Ray, I'd also like to thank you for bringing her into our town, non the less, our lives. I look forward to see where Ray and my Dustin end up in the future.. Amen."

'Where Ray and my Dustin end up in the future?'

I looked towards Dustin, who seemed to have a embarrassed look on his face as he eyed his mother. Shaking his head. She just looked back innocently.

She turned towards me, a smile lighting up her face. "So, Ray, tell us about yourself. Where did you move from? When will I get to meet your parents?"

From the corner of my eye, I could see Dustin bury his head in his hands.

"Oh um, I moved from Colorado not too long ago. And as for my parents..they..aren't alive." I said, awkwardly. And Jenna's face immediately contorted into a apologetic glance. "I'm so sorry, hon. For asking that was rude."

I waved her off, "It's fine. You didn't know." I gave her a reasuring smile and she returned it. I was glad to take the guilt of asking away.

"How'd they die?" Decklin asked boldly, taking a bite from the Lasagna. I was surprised when I didn't stiffen up, mainly because I was so use to be getting caught off guard with questions, it seemed.

"Decklin!" Dustin screeched, and I placed a hand on Dustin's arms.

"It's cool, really. They died from a car crash when I was small. I don't remember them much." I lied confidently and smoothly. I bet if I were in their places, I would for sure as hell believe me.

"Where were you when it happened?" He threw another question at me, and I answered cool as ever. "At home, with my nanny. From there, I was handed over to foster care and I still am in foster care."

Decklin nodded, and pursed his lips. "So, who are you living with here, then?"

"The Bardsley's."

"Wow, do I feel bad for you or what?" Decklin chuckled.

I shook my head, confusion sweeping over me. "What's that supposed to mean?" I was surprised by my defensive tone, and I could tell everybody else was, expect for Dustin, since I had shown my mean side to him before. But Jenna and Decklin were probably surprised..since I had acted all polite.

"Nothing. It's just..Gabby is just one crazy cheery bitch, it must get annoying. " Decklin said, so cascually.

I felt like reaching over the table and strangling him at that moment for talking about Gabby in such a horrible way. Sure, Gabby was a little too cheery, but I liked her. I felt my fist tighten at my side. And I exhaled a breath I realized I had been holding.

Keep calm. Keep calm.

"I guess." I answered calmly and myself relax, but under the table, I was squeezing the shit out of my leg just to make sure I didn't pound his face in.

"And don't even get me started on Gage, am I right, bro?" Decklin chuckled, and Dustin let out a nervous laugh.

"Yeah, really, don't get started." Dustin glared to his brother, while Decklin kept a innocent look on his face.

"Well, going onto different subjects, how do you like the school?" Jenna asked, trying to get away from the previous conversation, which I was grateful for.

I placed a smile face, saying a silent thank you. "It's been great. You know, with me moving around a lot, starting at a new schools hasn't always been the best. But, this time, it was really good. Thanks to Dustin."

Jenna grinned at Dustin, who sat with a small smile on his face as well as he looked to me. Jenna reached across the table, patting his hand. "That's my boy. Such a gentlemen."

"So, you're saying Dustin saved you from being the lonely emo girl at school, like you usually are, at your other new schools?"

Decklin asked out of the blue, making the smile wipe right off Dustin's face. And I had a feeling he was making all those snarky comments just to get on my nerves.

"Yeah, I guess." I gave a curt nod. I wasn't going to let this jackass get to me. No way.

"Were you like that when your parents were alive?" Jenna's jaw dropped at Decklin's question, and smacked him in the arm. "Decklin!"

He shrugged his shoulders and smirked, "What?"

I opened my mouth to say something, when Dustin blurted, "Don't ask her questions like that, Decklin. I see what you're doing. Leave her the hell alone."

I watched Decklin press his lips into a thin line. Staring at Dustin with a hateful glare.

I heard the screech of the chair, because of Decklin sliding out roughly out of the chair. He walked to the stairs and ran up, seconds later, I heard a slam of a door. It made Jenna jump.

I looked to see Jenna with her hands burried into her hands, she then looked up at me. "I'm so sorry, Ray. I don't know what's up with him."

I shook my head. "No, no. It's okay. Really." I reassured her, but it really was okay. I wasn't angry. Just shocked. Not because of Decklin running off, but because Dustin had stuck up for me. Something I wasn't use to.

----------------------

The rest of the dinner went smoothly, laced with light conversation, never getting deep into my past again. Which I was thankful for.

Decklin never did come back down stairs. And that was also something I was thankful for.

Currently, I stood in front of the house, with Dustin in front of me, his hands shoved in his pockets. As he kicked around a few pebbles, "Again, I wanted to say sorry about Decklin.. he can be a jerk."

"It's okay, don't worry about it."

Dustin huffed, and looked up from the ground to me. "But I am. I know he was doing that on purpose. And it wasn't right."

"It's not like it bugged me, anyway. You did what you could. Night, Dustin. I'll see you at school tomorrow, okay?"

Dustin nodded, "Yeah. Night Ray."

He turned, and began to walk away. I did the cliche thing, and ran right in front of him, then planted a kiss to his cheek.

"Thanks for sticking up for me, also."

Even though it was dark out, I could see the glowing blush on his cheeks. "You're welcome. I got your back, Ray."

I smiled, "Yeah, I got your back, too. Anybody picks on you, I'll kick their ass for you."

He laughed, and nodded. "Will do. Night."

And with that, he walked off, with his head held high.

Dork. I thought, and opened the door to the house. Only to see Gage waiting, tapping his foot, with his arms crossed over his chest. Oh god.

---------------------

OK, that's it for now. Bit of boring-ness. I know. But I hope you enjoyed.

Comment, Vote, Blah.

- CeCe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 28.1K 35
I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, deeper into the woods away from my pack that was chasing me and into the neighboring pack, the Black Moon Pa...
368K 7.2K 69
Breyanna is a normal werewolf, had a loving father who was the beta of The Heart Moon Pack, her mom the beta female who was always supportive of her...
18.6K 355 26
In a bad fire at the age of ten Jane parents were killed leaving her to fid for herself. Before they died her father always told her stories about wo...
443K 14.5K 28
11:59 pm "5" "4" "3" They chanted counting down to the moment Ares will meet his mate. "2" "1" Sparks erupted in my heart making me gasp and fall ont...