Papa Don't Preach! (On Hold)

By xxWhoAteMyCookiexx

Their eyes had met from across the crowded room, music blaring in the background. Sparks flew, passion flared... More

---1--- Rachel's POV
---2--- Jason's POV
---3--- Nancy's POV
---4--- Rachel's POV
---5--- Jason's POV
---6--- Rachel's/Jason's POV
---7--- Nancy's POV
---8--- Rachel's POV
---9--- Rachel's/Jason's POV

---10--- Rachel's POV

36.5K 1.4K 615
By xxWhoAteMyCookiexx

Cookie: Hiya! :) So, this chapter was totally spontaneous on my part, inspired by Black Veil Brides song "Rebel Love Song" :) Enjoy!!

Pic of Jason on the right plus "Rebel Love Song" lyrics on youtube link ^_^

---

(Hanson Park; midday)....

..."Take your hands in mine it's ours tonight, this is a Rebel Love Song..."

--Rachel's POV--

"She isn't going anywhere with you. Sir."

     I clutched onto Jason tighter, the enrage look on my fathers face at Jason's declaration made me fear for the boy standing protectively in front of me. It would be so easy to just give in, to just go home with my father but if I did that then what? Nothing will change. He'll probably lock me up this time and have Maggie watch me like a hawk. He'll never let me see Jason again and that...that very thought itself was unbearable.

     "Rachel," Dad snapped, angry eyes locking on me and ignoring Jason. "Come here."

      I shook my head. "No, Dad. Not until you listen to what we have to say."

      "Come here, Rachel."

      "No."

      Dad swore under his breath. "Damn it, Rachel, I'm trying to protect you here."

      "Dad, what are you trying to protect me from? I'm already pregnant! The damage has already been done." Growing courage for mine and Jason's sake, I took a step aside and planted myself right next to Jason. "Dad, what we need to do now is talk about the future."

      "Your future is with me," Dad snapped. "I'll take care of you. Now get away from him and come here."

      "Jason wants to take care of me too, Dad!" I cried. "He wants to! Why wont you just talk to him and listen what he's got to say?"

      "A boy like him is no good for you," Dad growled, eyes settling on Jason. His green eyes, so identical to mine was hard and stormy. "Guys like him don't deserve you. They don't stick around for long."

      "You don't even know him!"

       "I know enough!" He barked back. "Now come here!"

     I balled my hands into fists but kept them on my side. I lifted my chin up stubbornly. "No."

     His eyes turned to me and narrowed. "Don't make me force you, Rachel."

      I shrank back. This is it...there was no getting through to him. He just refuses to listen. He didn't want to hear what we had to say. Just like the others, he thought that Jason was good-for-nothing. But that's not true! It's not!

      I grabbed Jason's hand and looked up desperately at him. My eyes asked him, 'What are we going to do now?'.

      Maggie's car screeched to a holt next to Dad's plus another police car. I recognized the blonde haired man getting out the car with dark shades and mustache. He had grown it to copy my father, whom he looked up to. It was Ryan Brady, Dad's deputy.

      Maggie opened her car door and didn't even bother to close it. She ran to my fathers side and stared at me and Jason, guilt on her face. "I'm sorry, Rachel," she said, "but I had to tell him what happened."

      I smiled shakily at her. "I don't blame you, Maggie. You did what you thought was right."

      "Cuff him," Dad growled to Ryan when the deputy was in hearing distance. Ryan nodded and kept walking towards us.

      "No!" I cried, stepping up in front of Jason. "Cuff him? He hasn't done anything wrong!"

      "Attempt kidnaping," Ryan drawling in his southern accent.

      I gaped at him. "Jason didn't kidnap me! This is ridiculous. I went with him on my own free will!"

     "Sorry, Rachel," Ryan shrugged. "I do what the boss tells me."

     I spread my arms wide, blocking him from getting to Jason. "Ryan, stop!"

     "Move out the way, Rach," Ryan said and grabbed my shoulder and pushed me roughly to the side. "This is police business now."

      Police business? Police business!? I glared at my father then at Ryan who grabbed Jason's arm roughly, trying to force him to turn around so that he could cuff him. My anger...I could feel it boiling from the pit of my stomach to my head. I could feel it heating my cheeks and I'm pretty sure that my face was now completely red from my rage.

      This isn't fair!

      "Let him go!" I screamed and did something I would have never done before. Later I'll blame the pregnancy but right now I felt so angry that I attacked Ryan with my fists, pounding on his back. "Let him go! Let him go!"

      "Rachel!" I heard Dad snap from behind me.

     I didn't stop. This wildness filled me and made me go forward and take a bite of Ryan's arm, the one that held Jason's arm. Ryan cursed and jerked. I don't think he had meant to do it so roughly but when he jerked his arm away from my teeth and pushed me away from him, it sent me tumbling to the ground right on my butt.

     Big mistake.

     Jason had been quiet until now but I saw the moment when rage filled him, seeing me dazed on the ground. He turned to Ryan and swung his arm back right before his fist connected with Ryan's face. The deputy went down with one punch.

     "Are you okay, Rachel?" Maggie asked, kneeling worriedly beside me. I hadn't even realized that she'd rushed to my side.

     I nodded, not taking my eyes off of Jason. He looked magnificent!

     "You assaulted an officer," Dad said, stalking towards Jason. "You're under arrest."

      I pushed Maggie away from me and quickly stood. Dad would anything to put Jason in prison and he'll use this against Jason. Before I could think too much in what I was about to do, I rushed at my father and pushed him back with all my might. Maybe it was because it was so sudden and unexpected that I caught him off guard, but when I pushed him, he went down.

      It helped that he had been standing on a little slope and he didn't have anything to hang onto to catch his balance. He could have reached out and hung on to me but I knew that he'd never take that chance so down he went.

     I didn't wait. I turned and grabbed Jason's arm. "Come on! Let's go! Let's get out of here!"

     Jason hesitated, he looked ready to disagree with me but I tugged him harder. "Jason! We have to make him listen to us!"

      Jason blinked down at me before understanding dawned on his face. He took my hand and nodded. "Let's go."

      I smiled and ran with him towards his bike, heart pounding madly against my chest. Jason grabbed the helmet and placed it on my had before fastening the clasp under my chin. He swung his leg over the motorcycle and waited for me to settle on the seat behind him.

     "Do you trust me?" I heard him ask.

      I nodded furiously. "Always."

     "Then hang on." He kicked his motorcycle into gear and roared away from the curb. I turned just in time to see Ryan and Maggie helping my father back up.

     "Rachel!" Maggie screamed, watching with horror as we took off.

     "Follow them!" Dad's angry voice shouted at Ryan. "Don't him get away with my little girl!"

     I turned my face away and looked forward, wind furiously blowing against us as Jason sped down the road. I tightened my hold around his waist, urging him to go faster and hoping that Dad and Ryan wouldn't catch us.

      It was such a rush! This feeling of doing something so...spontaneous! What I had done back there...I never would have though that I had it in me! It disappointed my father but to me it was so liberating! Riding on the back of Jason's motorcycle like this...it was freedom. We wanted to speak...make a point and by god we will be heard! Even if it meant facing my father and the entire police force.

      Which it looked like we will be facing because I heard sirens wailing not only from behind me but ahead of us as well. I didn't have to look back to see that Ryan and my father was hot on our tail but just then on the incoming intersection, a police car from the right came into view. It didn't bother Jason though. The motorcycle roared louder and past the police car before it could stop in our path.

      I looked back and saw that the car turned with a loud screech, following after my father and Ryan. People on the streets and in cars watched the whole scene with wide eyes and amazement as Jason skillfully weaved through traffic as three police cars chased us.

     I faced forward again, completely amazed that we were actually doing this!

     "Rachel!" I heard Jason yell on the top of his lungs. "HOLD ON!"

     "Don't worry about me!" I shouted back, "just keep going!"

      Go Jason! I chanted in my head. Go Jason Go!

      We didn't see this one coming but a police patrol motorcycle suddenly appeared beside us. The guy on it was shouting for Jason to stop but we ignored him and kept going. I knew we were going way past the speed limit but there was no stopping us.

      I looked ahead of us and saw that the light had turned red and there were already several cars stopping. It didn't intimidate Jason. He turned the bike away from the officer on the motorcycle and cut between two honking cars that could have hit us if they hadn't stopped on time. But the officer hadn't been so lucky. One of the cars didn't stop on time and hit him. I gaped as he was sent flying off his bike and rolling on the concrete.

      He'll be fine, I told myself. God I hope so.

      I faced forward again and my jaw dropped. Four police cars blockaded the intersection ahead. There was no way Jason and I can go through it and there was no where else to turn! I closed my eyes and opened them again, knowing that this was it. Our little rebellious act was over.

      "Hold on!" Jason shouted. "And trust me!"

     I held onto his waist with all my might and pressed against him. I didn't know what he had planned until he was doing it. He waited until he were just inches away from the police car in front of us just before he skillfully jerked his bike up and rode right on the car!

     My eyes widened as I watched the police officers and pedestrians below us gaping as Jason rode his bike on the car before letting it drop back down on the road. I couldn't help it. I laughed at the identical shocked faces. I was shocked myself.

     This was one adventure that I'll never forget. I'll even tell my kids and grandkids about this day.

     "Woooooot!" I howled in the heat of the moment, caught up in the rushing feeling. "Yeah!! Go Jason, go!"

      Jason drove us right into the freeway and when we were riding over the bridge that's when I heard it. Choppers. I looked up and blinked several times before finally registering that it was actually a NEWS helicopter above us. The camera guy was focusing the camera right at us! I doubted that my father called them so they must have been near by already filming something right before they heard all the hoopla and decided to follow us.

      Any other time I would have admired the sparkling water we were crossing over but between the helicopter above us, the police cars behind us and Jason wildly weaving through cars ahead of us... I had too much to look at to admire anything else.

      The wind rapidly blew against us, rushing against my face and blowing back my hair. The flapping of the collar of Jason's leather jacket rang against my ear. To keep the wind away from my face so that I can catch my breath, I pressed my cheek against Jason's back.

      Crazy...what we were doing was totally crazy yet...I didn't care. The speed of the motorcycle, the wind...the feel of Jason's broad back pressed against me, everything...I loved it. I'm not going to lie and say I'm not scared because I am. One wrong move could send both of us crashing to the ground killing him, me...our baby but I trust Jason.

     I lifted my head up and looked ahead of us. Yeah...I trust Jason with our lives.

      And unfortunately that's when my stomach decided to act up. I felt queazy and a sense of weakness washed over me. I didn't want Jason to stop, I wanted to keep going...but I knew I wouldn't make it.

     "J-Jason!" I shouted against the roar of the motorcycle and wind, hoping that he can hear me. "Jason!"

     "Yeah!" He shouted back.

      "I'm going to be sick!"

      I felt him tense up before nodding. "Okay!"

     We finished crossing the bridge and Jason pulled out of the freeway. The helicopter was still following us even when Jason pulled up into the nearest gas station. We could hear sirens a few blocks back and I gave him a regretful look.

     "Don't worry about it." He said, helping me off the bike. "How are you feeling?"

      My stomach was still burning and I felt shaky. "I think it was too much excitement for my stomach. Sorry." I took off the helmet on head.

      "Don't apologize," Jason shook his head. He took the helmet from me and hung it on the bike handle. He turned back to me and smoothed my hair down with his hands. He looked into my eyes and asked, "Do you feel like throwing up?"

      I thought about it. "No, I don't think so."

      The sirens grew closer until seven police cars came skidding into the gas station, my father the first to get out his car and stalk towards us. He looked pale and shaken.

      "Rachel, are you all right?" He stopped when Jason stepped in front of me.

      I took a deep breath to prepare myself and let it out. I cleared my throat and swallowed before stepping back into view. "D-Dad, I'm okay."

      "DON'T EVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT AGAIN!" He roared at us, turning lobster red. "You took twenty years from my life! You could have been killed!"

      My bottom lip trembled but I refused to back down. I lifted my chin up and met his angry eyes. "We just wanted to be heard, Dad." I looked around at the grim faces of the officers. "Now will you listen to us?"

      Dad gaped at us. "Do you mean to tell me you both did all this just to get attention!?"

      "We wanted you to see how far we'd go just so you can see how much it would mean to us," Jason said, "if you'd just stop...and actually listen."

     "Sam," Maggie said, tagging his arm. I had noticed that she stepped out the police car right after him. "Sam...just listen to them. For god's sake. Listen."

      "You could have gotten my daughter killed!" Dad yelled at Jason.

     "This was my idea!" I yelled back at him, ignoring another wave of dizziness washing over me. "I knew we had to do something drastic just to get your attention."

     "Sam," Maggie said, walking over to me to stand by my side. She faced my father. "Just hear what they have to say. Do you really want to force them to do something like this again? A father shouldn't have to force his daughter to do something so extreme just to be heard."

      Dad watched us, anger still evident on his face. His dark gaze kept switching between me and Jason until it finally settled on me. He gave me a hard long look and I returned his stare, willing him to understand just how important is decision was...and that he'd make the right one.

      "You have too much of your mother in you," Dad told me. His voice had been stern but the look in his eyes softened. "All right. Let's go to the station and you guys can talk all you want." He paused before looking at Jason. "And I'll listen."

      My shoulders sagged with relief. Dad didn't make promises like that and breaks them. He was a man of his word so when I heard him finally say that he'll listen, all the tension from my body just seemed to drain away.

     I swirled to face Jason and gave him a shaky smile. "Jason...we did it! We..."

      "Rachel!"

      I don't know who screamed my name. Maggie? But before I knew it my eyes rolled back, everything turned dark and for the first time in my 17 years...I fainted.

---

"...Hearts will sacrifice, its's do or die. This is a Rebel Love Song.."-BVB

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 4.9K 29
Evelyn is finally convinced to go to a party by her best freind, Gabby, and her crush, Ryan. But after getting extremely drunk, Ryan and Evelyn have...
225K 5.3K 63
**This is the FIRST book, the SECOND book in called The Baby Pact** Nicoletta, Delilah, and Kassidi are three fifteen year old friends who find thems...
1.7K 62 18
Katherine Nichols, the one that everyone knew didn't want children, agreed to become the godmother of her friend's kid. She figured that she wouldn't...
63.6K 4.3K 29
Sydney has lived more than one life, she has been alive since 1679. She dead drowning on a slave ship, and she came back as another baby. She doesn't...