The Styles Effect [COMPLETE]

By Chingyonce

I escaped my reality by reading fanfictions. They escaped their fanfictions to become my reality. More

Chapter 1: The Wish
Chapter 2: The Lesson
Chapter 3: Burger King
Chapter 4: Cat and Mouse
Chapter 5: Mr. Steal Your Girl
Chapter 6: Asthma Attack
Chapter 7: Penguin Milk
Chapter 8: Therapy
Chapter 9: Hot Topic Employees
Chapter 10: August Tinkles
Chapter 11: Pain Is Good
Chapter 12: Okay
Chapter 13: Keep Me Sane
Chapter 14: Eye of the Tiger
Chapter 15: Demon Sex
Chapter 16: Casper
Chapter 18: Blotchy Muppet
Chapter 19: Choose One
Chapter 20: We Can't Stop
Chapter 21: Soy Latte
Chapter 22: Devil Woman
Chapter 23: The Underdog
Chapter 24: Fight It
Chapter 25: The End
Trailer for Sequel
Psycho and Liza
NOMINATED

Chapter 17: Gold Digger

40.2K 2.8K 11.2K
By Chingyonce

AN: Prince Harry at the top.

"And may I ask what your relations with Mr. Bennet are miss?" The nurse in pastel blue scrubs at the front desk asked with a polite smile.

"Uh... I was his granddaughter." I nodded, placing my hand on my hip as I leaned over the counter.

"He doesn't have a granddaughter." Ghost Harry informed besides me while his date Priscilla continued to stare at the white wall at the side with wide empty looking eyes next to him.

"His daughter I mean." I quickly corrected myself, making the nurse bring her eyes up from her keyboard to give me a look as Ghost Harry shook his head.

"He doesn't have a daughter either." He told me in a low whisper.

"Did I say daughter?" I laughed out, pursing my lips and throwing my hands up in exasperation as I shook my head.

"No I meant, I meant a close, close family friend..." I reiterated in a serious tone as I tried to relax, pointing my finger at her with an uneasy smile.

"Girlfriend." Harry coughed into his fist at my side making me turn to look at him in annoyance.

"What? No, the guy's like eighty I can't say that." I harshly whispered at him as the nurse looked at the probably empty space besides me.

"Yes you can, just tell her you're his gold digging wife." Harry reasoned with a dimpled smile of approval and a thumbs up.

"I told you I'm not saying that-"

"Um, what?" The nurse spoke up, looking confused and somewhat frightened as both Ghost Harry and I turned our heads to her.

"What?" Harry and I repeated in unison, making me blink as I straightened my posture, realizing she couldn't see or hear him.

"Miss, are you... feeling alright? Would you like me to get someone here to attend to you?" She asked in concern, tilting her head to the side as I quickly shook my head.

I then looked over at Ghost Harry who mouthed "gold digger" before he threw his head back dramatically, pretending to silently cry as he placed the back of his hand over his forehead.

"Uh....." I trailed off, looking between him and the nurse who was slowly reaching for the phone on her desk, contemplating before I let out a sigh of defeat.

"Yes, I do need help. Oh I really do." I burst into soft sobs, whimpering as I rubbed at my eyes making her hand stop, hovering just above the phone as she sent me a sympathetic frown.

"You don't understand. Do you know how much I'm shamed just because I prefer old dusty dicks and shrivelled ballsacks rather than new ones? By my friends, my family. It's not about the money, it's about the love and oh gosh- I was hoping I could just pass off as his daughter since that's what so many people already assume but no. I am Mr. Bennet's loving wife, there, I said it." I cried out, slamming my palm loudly on the desk making the nurse and a few of her co-workers in the back stop whatever they were doing to gawk at me while Ghost Harry clapped his hands together and applauded me.

"Miss, I uh- please just calm down. I really think you're not in the right condition to see Mr. Bennet if-" The nurse began, stuttering probably cursing all her instructors for not training her in this type of situation where she would have to deal with a crazed broken down gold digger.

"Lay it on thick." Ghost Harry quickly urged me, trying to hit my arm as I nodded and layed down on the desk, making the nurse retract back in her seat as I cried and placed the back of my hand over my forehead just like Harry did.

"All I want to do is see my little wrinkly prune hunk one last time. Just one more time, to hold his veiny shriveled pale hands in mine and feel his old smelly man breath caress my face." I sobbed, gasping for air as Ghost Harry leaned back, bringing his arms out in front of him, both of his hands forming an 'L' shape as he made a square like a camera taking the perfect screenshot of me breaking down on the front desk of the hospital.

"Why him! Oh God why him! Jesus take me instead! Take me!" I screamed out as I dramatically brought my hand up in the air, tilting my head to the ceiling as if I was reaching out to the heavens above.

"That's right honey, milk it for all it's worth!" Ghost Harry cheered at my side, shaking his head at me in awe as he clapped.

"A-alright miss I guess -I guess we could let you see Mr. Bennet. Just please, please calm down and get off the counter." The nurse beckoned in a desperate plea, looking thoroughly frightened along with her co-workers as I immediatly stopped my crying to look at her.

"Really?" I smiled, my voice back to normal.

She nodded, gulping as she played with the hem of her uniform, obviously flustered with my act.

"Sweet, really appreciate that." I thanked her, quickly sliding off the desk as I regained my composure and fixed my shirt and continued to grin at her.

She frowned, still looking nervous and distressed before she grabbed her clipboard and stepped away from her desk, leading me down the hallways as Ghost Harry and I exchanged smirks, nodding at one another before twiddling our fingers together while Priscilla followed.

"I'll let you have a few moments." The nurse said when she opened the door, revealing an aged sickly looking stick of a man on a bed near a heart and breathing monitor, the slow steady beeps echoing throughout the small white space as I thanked her one last time before she closed the door.

"Ah, good 'ol Mr. Bennet. No please, don't bother getting up it's fine." Ghost Harry said, placing his hands up as he approached the comatose patient before he sat down on the bed while Priscilla hovered silently in the corner of the room.

As I stayed back, leaning against the wall of the back of the room I heard a familiar voice from the room next to this one.

I pushed myself back onto my feet, glancing at Ghost Harry who seemed to be in deep conversation with the unconscious dying man on the bed, telling him he forgave him before I left the room to give him some privacy before moving to the room next door.

"Doc I told you... I still can't feel my legs. I'm in so much pain...." The new Harry who was sprawled on the hospital bed complained, his arm placed over his pained face making me furrow my brows in confusion as I neared him.

"Harry?" I asked, making him raise his arm off his face to reveal his green eyes, giving me a look with a raise of his brow before he gave my body a brief once over with a flicker of his gaze.

"Oh, you're not that hot doctor. Sad." The new Harry tsked with a sigh before he dropped his act and sat himself up on the bed, retrieving a fashion magazine from under his blanket as he leaned against the headboard, turning his attention to the articles in his hand as he skimmed the pictures over.

"What do you want..." He trailed off in a distracted tone, not even bothering to look up at me while he flipped through the magazine in his hand as I approached him.

"I just-"

"Mr. Styles, may I come in?" A young handsome man in light green scrubs entered the room, lingering at the entrance with a polite charming smile on his perfectly chizeled face and he had an uncanny resemblance to Colton Hayes.

"Fuck yeah you can." I heard Harry mumble under his breath with wide eyes, a mischevious smirk forming over his face making me turn to him in surprise as the doctor sent him a look.

"I'm sorry I didn't quite get that, what did you say?" The doctor asked with a tilt of his head.

"I said," Harry began, quickly placing the magazing down to the side as he coughed into his fist dramatically, continuing his act.

"I'm so weak..." He wheezed, failing as he attempted to hide his excitement when the doctor came in and approached his bed.

"Oh, you must be Mr. Styles' girlfriend." The doctor said, smiling down at me as Harry's eyes widened in alarm.

"No!" We both denied in unison, Harry's voice a lot louder and more urgent than mine making the doctor jump a bit as I smirked and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Oops, sorry- could you get that. I'm so clumsy." Harry coughed, falling back against the pillows behind his back as he batted his eyelashes up at the doctor when he pushed the magazine off the bed, letting it hit the floor.

"I'll get it." I volunteered, already crouching down.

"No!" Harry snapped at me, looking irritated before he quickly regained his composure when he saw the doctor looking at him.

"I would prefer if Doctor..." He trailed off, leaning forward to glance down at the name tag on the man's uniform with a sly grin before he continued.

"Doctor Morris helped me." He said with a raise of his brow, smiling when Dr. Morris scratched the back of his head, letting out a slight chuckle before he bent down to get the magazine on the floor, his ass on full view for both Harry and I as Harry licked his lips, rubbing the palm of his hands together eyeing the guy's butt.

"Gonna wreck that ass." He mouthed at me, only confirming my assumptions to which story this Harry was from.

"Gay Harry." I smiled, recalling when he said those exact lines in that Larry fanfiction I read.

"Straight girl." He countered with an amused look as Dr. Morris straightened, placing the magazine onto the nightstand beside Gay Harry's bed.

"Unless you're gay too, I'm not one to assume." Harry shrugged before he sent Dr. Morris a charming dimpled smile.

"I'm straight." I informed with a nod.

"Me too." Dr. Morris added, his gaze on Harry as Harry's face fell.

"What the fuck. Since when?" Gay Harry exclaimed in disbelief, sitting himself up with tense shoulders as he blinked up at the doctor.

"Um... since I was born?" Dr. Morris answered, looking between Harry and I before Harry swung his long legs to the side and got out of the bed, throwing the blankets off him in annoyance.

"I threw myself down a flight of stairs just to check you out more and you don't even like dick!" Gay Harry exclaimed in irritation, striding over to the exit before he stopped at the doorway, placing one large hand on the door frame before he turned around dramatically, making his shoulder length hair flip over his shoulder as he sent the doctor a smoldering look.

"And to think, you could've been all up on this tonight." Harry scoffed before he slapped his own ass, turning his head and flipping his hair again as he strut out of the room with his chin held high as Dr. Morris and I gawked in shock.

"He's amazing!" I cheered, rushing passed the doctor and following Gay Harry out the door.

"Hey, I was wondering if you could help me out with something!" I called out to him, taking ahold of his wrist to stop him making him turn around to face me with a raise of his brow.

"Look love, I rarely ever help people I'm close with, let alone strange girls who wander into patients' rooms in hospitals so if you could let go...." He claimed in an exasperated tone as I frowned before Ghost Harry suddenly appeared at my side, surprising both Gay Harry and I while Priscilla hovered besides him.

"Hey you guys. We should go. Like, right now." Ghost Harry said with a nod between us, placing his transparent hands over both Gay Harry and I's shoulders as he smiled.

"Oh, did you get to say goodbye already-"

"Someone unplugged Mr. Bennet's life support!" A nurse shrieked from the other room, making me freeze before I sent the Ghost a wide eyed look of disbelief.

"I thought you were taking the high road." I reasoned, shaking my head at him as he sucked in a sharp breath through gritted teeth, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Yeah... funny thing... I was gonna do that until I remembered that the day he murdured me, I had a date with Janice Cutler -aka the hottest girl in school- the next day and he fucking killed me before I could even lose my virginity. So then I was like, ha fuck that I died a virgin because of you and just unplugged his life support to charge my phone." He explained with a careless shrug of his shoulders, bringing his hands as if saying "what can you do" before he took an iphone out from his back pocket.

"Look, one hundred percent now." He smiled, pointing at his device as my eye twitched from all the stress.

"Are you seeing the Danny Phantom kid too or is it just me..." Gay Harry leaned closer to me, his voice a low whisper as he blinked at the Ghost in shock.

"Her! That girl was the last one in Mr. Bennet's room!" The nurse who had helped me at the front desk shouted as she pointed at me in anger, catching everyone's attention.

"Ohhhhh.... you in trouble...." Ghost Harry said, pursing his lips as his eyes shifted to the security guards that were heading my way then to me as I glared at him.

"Potato girl, I just want you to know that I'm not those type of people who just ditches when times get rough." The Ghost turned to me with a serious face as I began to slowly back away from the guards that were coming closer, still holding on to Gay Harry's wrist as he struggled to free himself.

"But that's exactly what I'm going to do. Peaceee...." He finished, waving his hand goodbye before he grabbed Priscilla and faded away as my jaw dropped in disbelief.

"Are you kidding me!" I yelled out into the air before dragging Gay Harry through the hallways, running away from the angry crowd of workers that were starting to chase me.

"Stop running so fast, Jesus, who are you Speedy Gonzales! I just got these new gold boots today and I swear if I get one scuff you're dead." Harry scolded me in annoyance as I turned my head to him and laughed, continuing my quick pace.

"You wouldn't be the first Harry to try and kill me."

••

"Why am I doing this again..." Gay Harry muttered in a dry tone, glaring out the passenger window of my car as I parked in front of my house.

I stayed silent as I handed him his chocolate cookie crumble frappuccino, making him take it with a bored expression on his face as he pursed his lips and his gaze met mine.

"Keep it comin'" He mused, taking a sip of his drink before I brought out the new shiny silver boots I got him.

"I'm feeling the love thank you." He said, a dimpled smile growing on his face as he blew me a kiss and took the boots.

"So just play along okay, maybe we hold hands and hug as a precaution." I told him with a serious face as we got out of the car.

"I had to act straight when I was stuck in the closet in highschool, I think I can handle this honey." He said with a small laugh as I smirked and shook my head at him before we awkwardly held hands, our bodies almost a foot apart from eachother as we approached my house, my heart racing and my stomach churning in anxiety not knowing if this was a good plan or not.

This was the only way.

I couldn't choose between those four, I just couldn't.

They will move on.

They have to.

I entered my house, only to find all four Harrys in the living room, the Prince pacing back and forth in worry, the Psycho biting nervously at his thumb slumped against the couch cushions, the Assassin sitting on the coffee table, his elbows resting on his knees and his face in his hands while the Vampire was gently hitting his forehead against the wall.

"Liza." The Psycho, Prince, and Vampire breathed out in joy when they saw me, making the Assassin immediatly bring his head up to look at me, expressions of relief and remorse on all of their faces as they all stood to their feet and approached me.

"God Pumpkin, we're sorry about all this bullshit we're putting you through. You don't deserve this-"

"Amore we should have never fought over you like that."

"Lady Liza you are more than just a prize to be won-"

"Listen kid, what we're trying to say here is that we're sorry for the way we've been acting alright. We've been acting like total dick bags and we're sorry." Vampire Harry finished with a sigh, Prince Harry nodding as he placed his hands behind his back while the Assassin avoided my gaze, frowning at the floor as the Psycho rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

My heart physically began to hurt at how caring they all were and I felt a sudden urge to just hug all of them.

So I did.

Without a word I let go of Gay Harry's hand and brough the other four in a tight group hug, beyond happy that I had them to count on and care for me.

"It's okay you guys. I appreciate it, I really do and I want to let you all know that... that I've chosen who I want to be with." I confessed, straightening my posture as they all exchanged looks with one another, their eyes wide before they looked at me in earnest and waited.

I took in a deep breath and stepped back besides Gay Harry once again before taking his hand, making the both of us force a fake smile for the others.

"I choose Bad Boy Harry." I lied, watching as the other Harrys' jaws dropped in unison, their faces shocked and disappointed before their gazes traveled down to Gay Harry and I's intwined hands.

None of them said anything.

The Psycho glared at Gay Harry while the Assassin looked away, his arms crossed over his chest as the Vampire tried to force a pained smile while the Prince continued to stare at Gay Harry and I's hands with a saddened look in his green eyes.

"Greetings, we are two heterosexuals enjoying our day." Gay Harry smiled, breaking the silence as my eyes widened slightly at his words before I nervously cleared my throat and squeezed his hand.

The other Harrys sent him a look, furrowing their brows before they looked over at me making my whole body stiffen.

"Hope you know that we're still on for our little celebration dinner tonight." Vampire Harry cleared his throat, a smirk forming over his face as I nodded, trying to ignore how tense everyones' bodies were.

"Just as friends of course. Since you have -you have already chosen." Prince swallowed, straightening his posture as he sent me a sad smile.

"You'll still be my pumpkin no matter what." Psycho Harry attempted to joke, forcing a chuckle only making me feel even worse.

Assassin Harry still couldn't look my in the eyes.

"Just wanna let everyone know!" Someone suddenly announced from the back of the room, making us all turn to find Ghost Harry floating in the air with his arms up as he looked at all of us.

"That I am now single once again and that I dumped Priscilla. She just wasn't as lively as I thought she'd be." He said before he brought his phone out, opening an app and pressing the "ba dun tss" drum punch line sound effect as the noise echoed through the air while we all stared at him in silence.

"Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all your lives and probably after as well." He bowed, making his fluffy hair flop over his forehead before he swept his out of his face with a smile.

No one laughed, we all stayed silent as I kept my attention on all the other Harrys who still looked heart broken and crushed.

"Jee, tough crowd. And to think I'm the one who's dead here." Ghost Harry scoffed before he floated up to the ceiling and disappeared.

AN: How do you feel about Liza's decision?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 37 24
823K 55.7K 26
Sequel to The Styles Effect (Must read The Styles Effect first if you haven't before reading this one)
490 83 52
I never thought it would end like this. I always thought I had a home. I always thought I had a family, but as it turns out, my past is darker than t...
543 29 21
I hadn't thought it would be this way. That I would end up in a place like this. That I would end up in... Hell.