Nothing Wrong With Being a To...

Door Dostomozartsky

People say that love is in every corner... looks like Riley's been walking in circles. You see, Riley is a pr... Meer

Chapter 1: Bats, Punches, and Crushes
Chapter 2: Overconfident Tomboy
Chapter 3: Deal With an Imp ✔
Chapter 4: First Date ✔
Chapter 5: Little Did He Know ✔
Chapter 6: Riley Benjamin Doesn't Blush
Chapter 7: Weak Truth
Chapter 8: The Tomboy, the Player & the Wardrobe
Chapter 9: Cupid Takes Over
Chapter 10: A Night to Remember
Chapter 11: Lost in Our Hands
Chapter 13: Crushed From Rolling in Woe
Chapter 14: Shanghaied By Feelings
Chapter 15: Lies and Other Agonies
Chapter 16: Loss of Bravado
Author's Note: Please Read
Chapter 17: A Drop of Love in the Ocean Of Hopelessness
Chapter 18: The Word Left Unsaid
Chapter 19: New Start; New Costume
Chapter 20: In Your Deadly Arms
Chapter 21: Rout Even
Chapter 22: Going Out of My Head
Chapter 23: Throwaway Twofold
Chapter 24: Fraidy-cat's Nods
Chapter 25: Through Gardenias
Chapter 26: Soppy Hearts
Chapter 27: Better, Restored, Lovelier
Chapter 28: Ringed Happy Luck of Ours
Chapter 29: The Beginning of the End
Acknowledgments

Chapter 12: Bad News, Good Miseries

48.7K 1.1K 394
Door Dostomozartsky

|Riley

      A manly and captivating scent hypnotized me. My face snuggled deeper, closing the gap that separated our bodies. I couldn’t believe what was happening and yet, I didn’t care. His chest was so warm and firm that it made me feel secured between his defined arms.

    Something that I didn’t expected was to see Andrew so… um… good-looking? I knew he was one of the most desired men from campus, but still… I didn’t expect to see him so masculine and attractive.  I wasn’t ready.

   “Do you want me to sing it again?” He said sweetly. The vibrations of his voice rumbled inside his chest, seducing me to be closer to him.

   I raised my gaze and nodded, “Yes,” I said. But before I could say another word, he seized me with his intense stare and I swallowed hard.

  “Butch,” he chuckled, “what’s wrong? Are you nervous?”

   An earnest smirk appeared on his lips, “No. I’m cold,” I lied, hiding my face away from him.

   Why do I have to freaking blush?!

   “Well then, if you’re so cold,” he lifted his feet on top of the trunk and sat Indian style, “Come.”

   He had his arms stretched out and I hesitated, “What? No!”

   “Come, Butch. You’ll see you’ll be warmer,” he smiled and grabbed my shoulders, “Gees, sometimes you’re so stubborn.”

   “What are you doing?” I asked when I felt my back squashed against his chest and his arms wrapped around me, “Boba!”

  “Shut up!” he exclaimed after nuzzling his head between my shoulder and my neck, “I’m singing.” Oh good grief!

  “Boba, I think we should—,”I stopped talking when his arm embraced me closer to him and caressed my bare shoulder, sending tickling sensations with each stroke. I wasn’t in control anymore and being so near to him was confusing my senses.

  I started panicking, this couldn’t be good. I mean, didn’t the couples do this? Then why are we doing this?

  “Itsy bitsy spider,” he began to whisper on my ear, sending my chills down my spine. “Riley?”

  “Yes?” I asked with my accelerated breathing. I swear he could hear my heart beating rapidly. “What, Andrew?”

  “I have to tell you something,” he whispered again, making me gulp down the saliva. His lips softly grazed my earlobe and goose bumps conquered my skin. He always had the same upshot on me.

   Oh, no, this is not good.

  “Tell me,” I ended up begging when my muscles started to relax; they involuntarily were feeling comfortable with this position.

   “I,” he hesitated but after a loud sigh he continued, “I lo—“

   Beep! Beep!

   The car horns were overhead and Andrew’s whispers were lost in the air. I was so calmed and relaxed yet troubled that when somebody honked I jumped out of Andrew’s arms and almost fell out of the trunk.

  “Careful there,” Andrew said with concern plastered on his face when he grabbed me by my shoulders and secured me again in his arms.

  “Thanks,” I chuckled nervously and bounced off of the trunk and of Boba’s arms.

  “I think Ayden came just in time, as usual,” if I’m not mistaken, I heard a hint of sarcasm mixed with disappointment and frustration. “I’ll be right back.”

  I watched Andrew hopping off the trunk and sauntering towards the car. Someone closed a car door and I supposed that’s Ayden. My heart skipped a beat at the thought of seeing Ayden again.

  “Hey, Ayden,” I started to follow Andrew—who was greeting Ayden. “Yo, man,” he continued to say but Ayden didn’t greeted back, instead he glowered at him and walked directly to Andrew, visibly mad.

  “You,” Ayden growled and all of a sudden, he punched Andrew.

   A yelp escaped my lips as I saw Andrew on the floor and Ayden on top of him, constantly hitting his face. “Stop it!” I yelled and started to run closer to Ayden. “What’s wrong with you?!”

  “Wow, man. I was just kidding, Ayden,” Andrew started to laugh, clutching his wounded mouth. “No need to get pissed. Let me have a little fun!”

  “You bastard! How could you? Gold thong, really?!” I’ve never seen Ayden so upset and mad. “I’m so going to kill you!”

  My feet halted its sprint and my eyes behold the scene ahead of me. Ayden was punching Andrew while he laughed like some masochist crazy ewok. “Stop it!” I yelled, “You guys are acting like some childish kids.”

  Ayden abruptly stopped his fist—that was going to land on Andrew’s left eye—and looked up at me. “Please,” I begged, looking directly at Ayden’s eyes.

   He let out a loud sigh and hurdled back on his feet, extending his hand out to Andrew. Andrew took it without hesitation and smiled at Ayden with blood all over his teeth. “And this,” Ayden grunted after punching Andrew one more time, “is for boxing me last night!”

  “For the cookie of Yoda! What is wrong with you?” I dashed to where Andrew landed and knelt beside him. “Are you alright?”

  “Cookie of Yoda? Oh, Butch,” Andrew laughed and I slapped his chest. “Ouch! What was that for?”

  “For scaring me! Are you freaking crazy? You’re laughing and you’re bleeding?” I asked him worried. I was worried about him, he seemed pretty crazy—more like suicidal, “Why didn’t you do that back in the bar, yesterday?”

  “First of all, because Ayden punches like a little girl,” he snickered and after Ayden heard the last line, rage mode was activated and he was ready to attack. If it wasn’t for me that stood up, blocking and facing him, maybe Andrew will look like a hillbilly without his front teeth.

  “Get out of my way,” he said sternly.

   His blue eyes pierced my soul but I wasn’t going to weak out. “No.”

   “Agh!” he let out a groan of desperation, “I’ll be in the car!” And he started to walk back to his car, defeated yet wrathful.

   I turned around and saw Boba staring up at me, “Have you gone mad?” I held, offering him my hand.

   He took it and bounced himself up, “Honestly, I don’t know.” He glanced at me and started to wipe the dirt off his plaid shorts. Then, Andrew eyed an upset Ayden—that was waiting for us inside his car—and said, “I’ll talk to him.”

   “Wait,” I grabbed his arm and hauled him back with me to the pickup truck’s trunk. “Sit.”

   He sat on the trunk’s edge and looked at me with a weird expression on his face. “What is it?”

  “You’re hurt and bleeding. Don’t move.” I grabbed the blanket and tore a piece of it. Fearfully but strongly, I dabbed the piece of fabric against Andrew’s lips.

  “Ouch,” he grunted lowly as I started to concentrate on his bleeding lips. “It hurts, Riley. Be careful.”

   A simple nod was the only thing I could give to him.  I was too engrossed by his lips.  I wanted to do a good nursing job and for that I slowly stroke his bottom gory lip. Consequently, everything around me was blurry, except for his bloodstained and full lips. I swallowed down the mischievous thoughts that were inundating me.

   A twisted smirk appeared in front of me, “Do you want to kiss me?”

  Shaking my head, I came back to my senses and shot Boba a glare. “Psh, you wish!”

  “Oh… is that so?” he asked arrogantly, “Then why were you staring at my lips?”

   “Did you forget you have a freaking cut in your lip? And that you opened the other cut you had thanks to the bar cat fight?” good comeback, Riley, “What is wrong with men nowadays?”

   “Um, I was just kidding,” he chuckled fretfully but a horn interrupted his chuckles. “We better leave.”

   Both of us started to walk to Ayden’s rental car and when we arrived, Andrew opened the passenger’s seat for me.  “Aren’t you such a gentleman, Boba?”

   “Are you flirting with me, Riley Michelle Benjamin?” he cocked an eyebrow and smiled slyly at me.  Uh-oh, I shouldn’t have said that.  And something that caught me off guard was how it didn’t bother me when he called me Michelle.  I better make an appointment with a doc pronto!

  “You know… it’s funny how desperate you seem. We better do something to get you back with Lora,” I retorted, grinning at him and climbing inside the car.  Of course, the comment left him gaping at me.  Take that!

   Gees, it was like I offended him with the last line. Although his face expression was hilarious!

  “Hey,” a voice suddenly breathed against my ear. Crap, I forgot Ayden was the one driving! Chocomoco sundae mofo!

   Darn. “Hey,” I replied as coldly as possible and fixed my tee, looking straightly at the deserted and shadowy road.

  Andrew closed the back seats’ door and settled himself in the back. “Ayden,” he said merrily and proceeded with a fake Mexican accent, “amigo, que pasa, ese?”

  I tried to peek at Ayden through the corner of my eye and saw him staring intently at me. “Not now, Andrew,” he bit back perceptibly mad while he started the car.

  With an angered roar, the car was thriving as Ayden pulled the shift gear down and pressed the pedal gas. I glanced at him and saw how tight was the grip he had on the steering wheel—well, the white knuckles were proof of it.

  Unexpectedly, Ayden met my hangdog gaze and smirked; but I assume he smirked at my flushed face. Yes, when he captured my glance, I could feel the blood scurrying my cheeks. Darn Benjamin’s… they always blush!

  I looked away, gathering what was left from my cold act.  Instead of glancing at Ayden every single second, I decided to focus my gaze at the wing mirror of my door.  Losing hopes of seeing another living creature behind us—maybe Chewbacca with some ewoks—, I refocused my gaze but some sunlit brown eyes paralyzed me.  Andrew was studying me from the back seat, staring straightly back at me.  I didn’t know what to do so I just stuck my tongue out.  And that earned me a smile from him.

   “Ahem,” Ayden cleared his throat, “I called Larry and he sent Lukas to check the truck. He’ll decide if it’s worthy to fix or not.”

  “Aw! Come on! He better fix it! I mean, that was the first truck I drove!” Andrew faked melancholy, “It’s my first born.”

  “Guys and their cars,” I scoffed silently, “Who understands them?”

  “I do,” Ayden said, smiling at me as our gazes danced a dance of dulcet, “The tricky question is: who understands women?”

  “Well, apparently we, woman people, stick together,” I avoided his glance and held my self-control, “And well, the flock just understands themselves.”

  “Uh! Ayden, Riley just called us animals!” Andrew hissed playfully and started to laugh while Ayden chuckled.

   My ice-cream Yoda! Ayden’s chuckle is so masculine!

  Merrily, I started to whistle when we reached a red light. Everything was normal—during the awkward stop—except the warm hand sneaking itself on top of mine. My eyes shot up to glare at an oblivious Ayden. When I jerked my hand away, he looked at me and tilted his head to the side; frustration and confusion blended very well on his impeccable face.

  “Um, sorry!” he tried to apologize.

  However, I remember very well Andrew’s tips. I needed to do something bold and now it’s my chance. So… before he could say another word, I raised my hand and softly yet firmly slapped his left cheek. “Don’t!” I sounded more offended than what I really was.

  Ayden clutched his red cheek with a jaw open and eyes widened in utter shock. I enfolded my arms around my chest and huffed, ignoring his gaping expression. “Excuse me,” he said before getting out of the car and wandering around the isolated road.

  “Oh! What have I done?” I held my face with my hands and almost wept. “Boba?” I looked back and saw a frozen Andrew, staring at the thick emptiness of the air.

  “Did you just… slap him?” Andrew looked like he couldn’t believe what had just happened.

  I sighed and nodded shamefully, “Yes,” I answered the obvious. But suddenly, I realized who was the one who could took the blame, “But you,” my eyes narrowed, “were the one that told me to do something bold to grab his attention! So I did!”

  “Yeah, but I never thought you will end up slapping him!” And with that, he burst out laughing so loud I felt the doors vibrating by the waves of laughter. I was stunned in the most annoyed way ever, watching him clutching his stomach and rolling over the seat; like hilarity possessed him.

   I turned back to my seat and eyed Ayden, throwing fists in the air and waving his hands. ‘I got this,’ I think he muttered, I’m not sure—I’m not good reading lips. When he climbed back in, he had a smile on his face and pretended that nothing happened, but Andrew’s hysterical laughter didn’t help the mood.

  “Oh, my green eggs with ham, man!” Andrew started to cry as we walked through the living room. I couldn’t believe he just laughed all the way to his house. “Whew! That was… epic?”

  “Shut up, Andrew! One of these days, man, one of these days!” Ayden threatened as he departed and left us alone.

  “Will you please stop it, Boba?” I snarled at an amused Andrew—who was wiping a tear away—though I ended up smiling because Ella joined us unexpectedly.

  “Dear!” she said with apparent anguish plastered on her face, “Andrew, thank the heavens you’re here. Can I talk to you in private?”

  “Um, sure, Mom,” Andrew had a confused expression, and glanced swiftly at Ella and at me.

  “Oh, honey,” she directed herself at me with a heartrending smile, “it won’t take too long. We just have to discourse about something… personal.”

  “We?” Andrew asked the same question I was wondering, “Eh, okay.”

  The way she referred ‘something personal’ was not avid at all. And I knew something was off because Andrew’s smirk turned into a thin line. But nevertheless, Ella led Andrew to a room—which by the short glimpse I was able to catch, all the relatives were gathered inside there—and Andrew closed the door behind him. Not before he turned around and muttered to me, ‘I’ll be right back.’

  Concern invaded my veins and I was simply abandoned there—inside that comfy and elegant living room. I must say, the Lukewood’s live comfortably. Just look at the silky and velvet furniture, and the gold and classy bathrooms—that are bigger than my own room, by the way. Although they’re not multibillionaires, they do have a well-earned life. Not like me that I have to work my ass off, live inside Thinkerbell’s cottage and pay bills—bills! Andrew… why would he even help me? When all I’ve done is treat him bad and vice versa. I need to thank him… but how?

  “Um, hey,” I heard someone greet behind me. “They’re going to take a while so I brought you this.”

  I turned around and venerated an amatory Ayden that clasped two cups of some hot and steamy liquid. “Thanks,” I mumbled looking down at the cup he handed me, “Urn… Ayden?”

  “Yeah?” he lazily glanced at me as he took a sip of the mysterious beverage. I think he noticed my hesitation and added, “It’s just green tea. Drink it because I think you haven’t eaten and well, this buddy right here is good for an empty stomach. But yeah, what was it that you wanted?”

  “Um,” I took a sip and indeed it tasted good and it suit well. “I wanted to apologize for slapping—“

  “It amuses and frustrates me,” he interrupted me nonchalantly with a serious look on his face.

  His stern and study gaze held my apprehensive one as I asked dumbly, “Wha-what?”

  “I said I was amused and frustrated. You know, I thought I could read any woman in particular. But you’ve just proved me wrong. That’s why I’m frustrated, because I can’t read you and you’re just unpredictable, as Andrew said before,” he explained with a serious smirk painted on his silky and flawless aspect, “And I’m amused because you continue to act like you don’t like me. You even slapped me for a better effect on me.” He slowly paused and turned completely to face me with a smug smile, “Oh, and believe me if I say that it worked.”

  I swallowed the fluid of tea mixed with saliva and blinked a few times, “Um,” was all I succeeded to articulate.

   Ayden took a bold step closer to me and lowered his gaze, “You thought I wouldn’t notice?”

   “Um… what are you talking about?!” I tried to go all porcupine on him but this nearness had affected me dearly.

   “Here we go again,” he chuckled seductively, “What if I told you something I thought I’ll never say to you?”

   He cocked his head and studied me attentively, “Um.” I don’t know what expression flashed through my face but maybe it’ll be one I will regret—like blushing, perhaps? “Ayden, what—“

  “I know… don’t slap me,” he smiled a lopsided grin as his grey cobalt eyes went up and down and up and down—making me nervous—it was like he was capturing every single detail I had on my face.  I hope I don’t have some blemish or worst: a booger!

   “I-I-I,” again with the ineptness, Riley, I scolded myself, way to go.

   He ignored my stutters and leaned so close, his thick breath was tickling my cheeks. “I want you, Riley,” he whispered to my dumbfounded ear.

   My heart was erratic in its chaos and my limps were numb and weak as I felt his fingers brushing my hair and cheek. I was frozen and I couldn’t do anything but try to remember how to breathe.

   He strode backwards, leaving me breathless while I lingered in the best five seconds of my life. My glazed eyes ogled his mischievous grin—that was hidden behind the border of the cup—and the spark of his narrowed eyes—that were fascinated by my dazed reaction. He licked his lips after he lowered his cup, inwardly mocking me.

   “No!” somebody slammed the room’s door open, yelling and disturbing my moment of bliss. Good gracious!

   “Fred, darling, please!” a woman cried in deep sorrow, “Frederick Lukewood!”

   “Enough, mom!” Fred retorted angrily and, if I’m not mistaken, hurt.

   As we turned around, we witnessed how the wispy and divine atmosphere grew dense with all the yelling and crying. “Stay here,” I heard Ayden’s husky whisper—that sent shivers all over my body.

   Ayden joined Andrew and couple of his relatives as I stayed awkwardly alone. I was the spectator of a family dispute and that was icing my skin underneath.

  “Your father will be alright, son,” Fred’s mother screamed, “Please, stay!”

  “No! I don’t believe you,” Fred retorted—though I was awkwardly staring at his Hawaiian merry swimwear that didn’t match with his attitude—weird, I know. “He’s been like that for ages! When are you going to stop lying to me?”

  “Oh, Frederick,” the mother followed her son until they both vanished but still… they’re dispute could be heard.

   Sneakily, I walked to where Dawn was standing—next to Andrew and Ayden. “Hey, what’s going on? If it’s not too much to ask,” I whispered to her but she just shook her head and left.

   Oh, this is bad… way bad. “Okay,” I heard Ayden say, nodding in agreement with Andrew’s whispers.

   Andrew, then, caught my gaze and smiled weakly as he walked closer to me. “Riley,” he whispered with a grim painted on his face while Ayden left the room and headed upstairs. My eyes followed him, admiring the splendor of his body, but apparently I was too obvious and Andrew noticed it. “Hey, over here! I know the hormones are kicking but can we please stay focused?”

   I slightly shoved him and smiled sheepishly, “Stop it!” but my smile soon faded. “Boba, what happened?”

   A loud sigh escaped from Andrew’s full and rosy lips, “Fred’s dad… he’s dying.”

   Startled and involuntarily, I sought Andrew’s warm embrace, “Oh, I’m so sorry.”

   Boba chuckled and held me in his arms, “I’m not the one dying, Butch. But thanks, I needed the hug.”

  “Hey,” I looked up at him with a grin, “don’t complain.”

  “How could I?” he chuckled before turning the chuckles into a serious matter, “Riley, there’s a change of plans and we have to leave earlier than what I booked for.”

   My body flinched away from Andrew’s arms and he shot me a blank expression, “Boba, tell me what’s going on. I mean, I can stay to support Fred till his dad gets better. There’s no need to leave.”

   Andrew smiled weakly and shook his head, “It’s too late, Riley. He’s not going to make it. That’s why Fred burst out like that. Uncle Jerry has—Riley, I don’t mean to be rude but there are just some things that are really personal. And this family knit is way discreet, that’s why I don’t think you staying will be the wisest thing.”

   “Oh,” I understood what he meant, “I just met them two days ago, right. It’ll be awkward.”

   “Probably,” he said holding my hand out of the blue. I glanced at the warm hand enfolding mine and shot him a puzzled look, “What?” Andrew frowned at my edginess.

   Did he just notice that he grasped my hand like a couple?  “Nothing,” I blurted and the grip of his hand tightened.  Oh… I’m so stupid!  Of course, he’s doing couple-ish stuff!  We’re in front of his family and we were a “couple”. Silly me!

   “Ahem,” Ayden cleared his throat behind us. When did he walk in the room? That’s weird I didn’t saw him. “It’s all packed. I’m ready,” he updated himself to Boba.

  “Urn,” Andrew’s hands sluggishly slipped away from mine as he acknowledged Ayden, “Ok, good. Thanks, pal. Now, Riley,” he sought after my gaze and attention, “you’re going to leave now. But don’t worry, Ayden will escort you.”

  What in the world of Naboo?!

   “Come,” Ayden grasped my hand and lead me out to the doorway.

   “I’ll see you later, Riley. Be careful and-and enjoy!” those were Andrew’s shouts of goodbye.

   “Wait! Slow down, Ayden!” I tried to make him ease the iron grip but he just glanced at me and smirked.

                                                                ♦♥♦

   “Why are you so tense?” Ayden asked after six long hours of silence during the flight. It was about time somebody broke the awkward silence.

   “I’m not tense.” You liar!

   He stopped walking and turned around with a self-confident aura, “Do you like me?”

  I didn’t answer, I just ignored his precious handsomeness, “The apartment building is just around the corner. Thanks for escorting and walking me home. I can take it from here.”

  “Hey,” he grasped my arm when I was bold enough to leave him, “I promised Andrew I will take you home. And that’s what I’ll do.”

  “Um.”

   The soft hold was so intense and glimmering that my stomach rolled in a dance of epiphany. I hid my blushed cheeks and found the courage to wiggle my arm off his grasp.

   He chuckled sensually, “Why are you so nervous?” He took a few steps and left me frozen while he continued to saunter forward. “It’s not like I’m going to rape you.”

   When I met his gaze in utter shock (at his bold comment), he locked it and smirked, “Unless, you want me to. But in that case, I wouldn’t classify it as rape.”

   How dare he?! “You little son of a navy old ginger!” I snarled, forgetting for a second that I was speaking to the one and only: Ayden Jackson.

  “Hold on tight, kitten,” he laughed with his hand ups, while I scowled at him, “don’t slap me again. I was just stating some matter that’s of my interest.”

  Of his interest? Rape? Or is it…

  “I want you, Riley.”

  Just to hear that whisper again, makes my body tremble in a blissful shiver…

  “Hey, are you going to stand there all day?” he flashed me a smile over his shoulder and continued to walk in front of me, showing the glory of his toned back.

  Unconsciously, I nodded and followed him in silence. Compared to Maui’s hot climate, my neighborhood’s weather was like the North Pole’s. And for that, I was thankful to have my jacket and gloves. When we arrived at my apartment’s door, I tried with all the Yoda force, to ignore him and his so-dreamy effects. “Well, that’ll be all. Thanks again.”

  “Okay,” he sighed hoarsely as he ran a hand through his smooth golden hair, “I guess I’ll see you later.”

  “Yep,” I rummaged for the spare key and when I found it, I plunged it inside the lock.

  “When are you going to admit it?” I felt a hot breath pierced against my neck.

   I swallowed down all the tangy sensations and turned around with a blank look, “Good-bye, Ayden.”

   And I turned back to the difficult task of opening my door, which I eventually succeeded in it. But just when I was going to close the door, Ayden pushed it open and entered. “Hey! What do you think you’re doing?”

   He whistled, “Pretty cozy and nice. How’s it like living in a dwarf’s house, Snow White?”

   I punched his shoulder and caught his attention, “You’re such a—,” but he seized my arm and brought me closer to him.

   “I know, I know. I’m such a hot and amazing guy. I’m not fishing for compliments here, now.”

   “Aunty Riley?” Olivia’s sweet voice made Ayden release me and made me also release my grumpy mood.

   “Olivia!” I squealed when I saw her running towards me.

   “And there’s the dwarf,” I heard Ayden mutter, “Apparently, I wasn’t joking.”

   Before catching Olivia, I shot him a glare and he returned it with an innocent smile. “Olivia! How are ya, kiddo?!”

   Olivia swung herself around my arms and I couldn’t help it but laugh at her unique embrace, “I missed you! Uh, and I had fun with Tony, Nat and Mom. We ate pizza and noodles and brownies. We all missed ya. But I missed you the most!”

   Mom? Nat? “Olivia, what do you mean—“

   “Riles!” I heard Tony holler, “Never leave me again or I’ll—who’s this?”

   “Tony!” I dropped Olivia and ran to Tony, “My favorite bitch, how are ya?!”

   “Whoa!” he laughed when I almost suffocated him with my bear hug, “I’m good. Don’t change the subject, though. Who’s this and where’s Andrew?”

    “Andrew had to stay with his family. Last time he texted me, he said he was in the states attending to Fred’s dad funeral,” I grimaced at the sad news.

    “I’m Ayden, Riley and Andrew’s friend. Nice to meet you,” Ayden cut in all the sudden, shaking Tony’s hand.

   “Oops, sorry,” I apologize after noting that I didn’t introduced Ayden.

    “Hey,” Tony nodded at Ayden and then he caught my attention with a serious agitation, “Riley, I need to tell you something.”

    “Yes?”

   “Michelle, now you end up having a boyfriend and travelling to Hawaii? Did it take you that long?” that voice.  No, it couldn’t be… her.

   My eyes effortlessly tried to see her perfect face, and it didn’t took me too long to see her—standing behind Tony with a haughty smile on her face. “Alexis,” I gasped startled by her rotten beauty.

   “Hey there, little sis. You look the same, and who’s your friend? Is he your boyfriend?” she eyed Ayden and winked at him, “I must say, I was surprised to hear the news. Yet I can’t believe you have such a cute boyfriend, Michelle.”

   “Alexis,” I growled to myself; my veins started to boil at the cockiness and flirty tone she used.

   Alexandria Ines Benjamin, my sister. Once, I admired her and envied her. She was the most beautiful yet malicious woman I’ve ever met. She’s my biggest fear and my enemy. Alexis.

   “Good to see you too, Alexis. Now, if you excuse me I have to do something,” I said weakly as I sprinted towards the exit.

   “Riley!” I heard Tony and Ayden scream simultaneously but that didn’t stop me from escaping.

   I wasn’t ready to face her. I wasn’t ready. I’m not ready…

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2.2K 82 26
A parody... except it slowly gets less satirical as I get way too attached to the characters and turn the story into a shipping-fest ~~~~ "Why are yo...
2.1K 303 29
Spencer isn't the average seventeen year old girl. She is intelligent, sassy, stubborn, independent and beautiful ( she doesn't see it, for she is lo...
89.2K 3.3K 32
(LOVE'S SPECTRUM BOOK ONE) I've been awake for a few minutes, I'm just lying there loving the feeling of my angel in my arms. I feel her move and her...
1.3K 127 40
Riley Devin is just a sixteen year old girl, she isn't popular, she only has a couple friends, she's a nerd, and she has been getting over her first...