An Omega Novel: Saviour (Book...

By fictionowl

(Version to be removed from Wattpad; currently being rewritten). Subjected to a life of pain and misery from... More

Author's Note
Omega Child
Disinherited
True Purpose
True Colours
Victimized
Riley
Surprise
Righting Wrongs
Roxborough Academy
Getting Acquainted
Roxborough Academy Soccer Team
Night Terrors
Last Summer
Two Week Break
Challenging the Alpha
Good News
Angering Luna Nikita
Hostile Takeover
Changed
Daddy Dearest Visits
Fake Mate
Kanine Meets Fake Mate
Grandfather Killian
Breaking the Barrier (Part 1)
Breaking the Barrier (Part 2)
Secrets (Part 1)
Secrets (Part 2)
A Twist of Fate
Sense of Direction
Moving Forward
Where We Belong

No Mate

9K 509 34
By fictionowl

16 years old

Roxborough Academy; Dominant Campus

"Oh hell no! No, no, no, no, no" Avery said standing in the doorway of his dorm room. He'd just come from class and his arms were loaded with books and papers. He walked into his dorm room and the first thing he saw was his roommate lying on the carpeted floor in wolf form.

At least now he knew the real reason Nate skipped class. The guy was moping up a storm.

Tummy ache my ass. Avery thought as he watched the dominant wolf looking depressed and vulnerable. Werewolves don't get tummy aches. Nate let out a high pitched whine as he peeked over to his friend and roommate before his ears flopped against his head and he whined again.

"Felix!" Avery yelled. Dealing with the hyperactive spaz he called a brother was enough; he didn't need a depressed roommate to deal with.

"What!" Felix shouted back as he stumbled out of his dorm room and made his way over to his beta's dorm room. He had a disgruntled look on his face as he approached. Avery pointed to the deep brown wolf sprawled out on the floor.

"Deal with that, please." Avery said and when Felix looked, the deep brown wolf felt like crawling into a hole and dying because the future alpha began laughing his ass off. "This isn't funny Felix." Avery scolded.

The future alpha snorted covering his mouth with his hand as he tried to sober his laughter. However, it didn't work as Nate let out another high pitched whine causing the future alpha to burst into another fit of laughter.

"Felix." Avery muttered angrily.

"Oh no...no; you're right. This is not funny." Felix said shaking his head. "Nothing's worse than a dominant moping-" Felix said sarcastically as he began laughing again.

"You're a fucking asshole..." Nate muttered. His heart was shredded.

How did this even happen? Was it even possible or had he just gotten the dates wrong? He didn't care; he was too heartbroken to even consider the chances of wrong dates. They were both sixteen; he was sure of it.

"Would you grow up? Deal with that please?" Avery retorted silencing Felix. The dominant boy huffed and looked over to the deep brown wolf on the carpet moping so hard it literally cast a depressing atmosphere on the entire dorm floor.

Walking in, he plopped down next to the depressed wolf.

"Okay, tell me what happened now."

The deep brown wolf looked up to his future alpha and whined again. It hurt so much. "He didn't know." Nate whined covering his eyes with his paws. He felt like crying and he probably would; but not in front of Felix. He'd never be able to live it down.

"Who didn't know what?" Felix asked in confusion arching a brow.

"Kian! He didn't know I'm his mate!" the dominant wolf cried curling into a tight ball, his bushy tail falling onto his face.

"Oh..." Felix mused. "Are you sure he's even sixteen yet?" Felix asked wanting to clarify. Nate nodded then whined again.

"He turned sixteen two days ago and I made sure I was there. H-he...he didn't even know." Felix arched a brow and glanced over to Avery who simply shrugged his shoulders shaking his head.

"How is that even possible?" Felix asked but more to himself as he tried to understand how it was that Kian didn't feel the pull of the mating bond. "Are you certain you felt the pull?" he asked and Nate shot him an annoyed glare.

"I think he would be able to tell whether or not it was the mating pull. That isn't something you can really fake, Felix." Avery spoke up leaning against the wall of his dorm room with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Well, I don't know about Kian but if you're sure he's your mate; then you'll have no choice to do it like how humans do it. Obviously, if he doesn't know, then there's probably some kind of block that's preventing him from feeling the pull." Felix said and both other boys looked to him.

Felix looked down to the depressed wolf and offered him a reassuring smile. "You have to make Kian fall for you."

"How?"

"Well, you can start by asking him out on a real date." Avery suggested. Nate whined curling into a ball again, his bushy tail once again falling onto his face and covering his eyes.

"This would be easier if he knew." The deep brown wolf murmured.

**********

Sub Campus; the next day

Nate walked to soccer field on the sub campus. He knew that the soccer team would be on the field at this time practicing. He continued to walk, smiling and giving a wave to all the subs that greeted him.

Finally, he made it to the field at the back of the school and took a seat on the bleachers as he watched his mate dribble the soccer ball around the field. He moved freely dashing around the other players as he made a beeline to the goal net.

A smile curved Nate's lips as the sub scored his goal and the players on his team in this practice game cheered with him over their goal. The sub's eyes then landed on the dominant sitting at the bleachers and he waved at him. Nate returned the gesture.

When the practice game was over the subs made their way over to the bleachers to get water and energy drinks where they chatted with each other about random topics. Fang came forward and greeted the dominant and they high-fived each other but the sub didn't stick around as he went off to carry on a conversation with Riley.

Kian came to sit next to the dominant with a hand-towel in hand and bottled water. "Hey, what are you doing here?" Kian asked opening the bottle and taking a few sips. He then placed the opened bottle down next to him before taking the hand-towel and wiping away some of the sweat from his face.

Nate watched his mate and found himself thinking if maybe Kian did feel the pull but was just ignoring it because he didn't think of him like that.

"I wanted to ask you something." Nate said. When Kian looked at him giving his full, undivided attention; the dominant felt himself falling. Yes, he did have feelings for the sub even before he learnt they were mates; but now, his feelings have been magnified. The pull toward Kian was so strong.

"Um...would you...I don't know...maybe want to go out with me?" Nate asked almost afraid of what the sub's reaction may be.

Kian stared at the dominant like he'd grown a second head. What the hell was he thinking? They're both sixteen and either of them could find their mates soon. Getting into a relationship at this point would just prove to be disastrous.

"Nate...I-I...what about our mates?" he replied. Nate felt himself die a little. So it was true. Kian couldn't feel the pull because if he did, he would've said yes.

"I know...but who knows, maybe we'll find our mates years from now."

"I guess it's true...but I don't want to hurt my mate if I get caught with you Nate."

Well, it's too late because you're already hurting me.

"Well, if you find your mate, then you won't have to worry about this ever again. I'll leave you alone."

"Why so suddenly?" Kian asked looking over to the dominant boy.

"Because I like you." Nate answered honestly. The sub blinked rapidly as Nate's confession rang in his head. Wow, all his life he'd been convinced no one could ever like him the way Nate does. He was wrong.

"Okay, then I guess...we could hang out."

**********

Winter was around the corner as the first of the winter clouds had already set in looking puffy and gray just waiting to be popped so that it could let free its icy little flakes that would in no time, cover the earth's brown and green blanket in thick white fluffiness.

The months had changed their relationship but Kian held a fear in his heart. What if his mate came along? That means, he'd have to hurt Nate. They'd grown closer but Kian didn't feel any special bond toward the dominant. Sure, he cared about him but whatever spark the dominant was looking for, Kian couldn't find it.

It made him feel bad because Nate truly was a great guy. Four months and still all Nate got was nothing compared to what he wanted.

Kian didn't understand why though. Why did Nate stick around when he knew Kian couldn't give him a real relationship?

The sub didn't know what to think anymore. He didn't want to hurt Nate but their relationship was going nowhere. He had to end things with the dominant.

"Nate?" Kian called and the dominant looked over to his mate. He hadn't told the sub anything because he wanted Kian to learn for himself that they were mates. It was obvious, even after all this time that Kian thought of him as nothing but a friend.

"I don't think this is going to work out between us. I know what you want but I can't give that to you."

Nate felt as if someone had taken a dagger and driven it right through the centre of his heart. He was being rejected. It may not be the right way of rejecting him, but it still felt that way.

"Kian, you're not breaking up with me." Nate said as a tic began working in his jaw.

"Excuse me?" Kian retorted twisting his features in disgust. "You're not the boss of me and you are certainly not my mate."

"Yes I am." Nate shot back. "I am your mate and I've been trying to show you that since I first asked you out. You obviously don't care about me enough to see that."

Kian stared dumbfounded. No, Nate was lying. He would've felt the pull. He hadn't so that meant the dominant was lying. For the first time ever since they'd met, Kian was actually angry at Nate. The sub stood up with an angry glare on his face.

"You're a fucking asshole Nate. You know how sensitive I am about finding my mate. Why would you lie to me like that?"

"I am your mate Kian whether you choose to see it or not." Nate shot back getting up as well. The sub snorted in derision. He couldn't believe what an asshole Nate was being.

"You what? Fuck you Nate. I didn't feel the pull so stop claiming to be someone you're not." Kian gathered his jacket and left the cafeteria where they had met each other for the day. "Please don't talk to me again. You've hurt me the worst."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

789K 37.1K 38
WARNING!THIS STORY MAY BE TRIGGERING TO SOME! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! WARNING! ******** This is the new version of A Warrior and His Omega. ******** O...
183K 7.2K 36
Caleb is your everyday dorky 19 year werewolf. He's the youngest omega of the pack but everyone loves him. Caleb lost his parents when he was 9 due t...
892K 42.4K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...
87.9K 3.5K 10
"I can't give you my heart because you already stole it . " It may seem like Alphas are the dominant ones And Omegas are the submissive ones But rea...