Sweet Surrender (Complete)

Oleh HIndia150

(Mature Content) In eight years since their heart-wrenching breakup, a lot has changed for Radhika Verma. She... Lebih Banyak

Sweet Surrender
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Epilogue *Smexy*
Wicked Surrender (Soon)

Chapter 16

108K 2K 108
Oleh HIndia150

Radhika composed herself quaintly slightly glaring at Arjun who seemed too collected for her liking. They entered the intimidating conference room, her preceding him, as he held the door open for her.

Why didn't she scream at him now? Was she getting addicted to those sweet, spicy kisses.

Ah! What was he doing to her?

She shook her head and getting back her rightful demeanor, walked alongside him. The cool, elegant conduct that had now become like a second skin for her, backed into her with ease and finesse that spoke of practice. All these years of being an independent woman had taught her to revel in herself, draw strength from within her, she was not the one express her needs effortlessly. Those things had come easily to her once long time back before the departure of Arjun had made her draw back into herself, lean, trust no one but herself.

Several people turned their head to see their entrance and quite a few got up and greeted Arjun. Earlier on, they had decided to let her pose as his assistant. All the more secretive and gave her ample space to share her views without raising any suspicion.

Radhika had gone a step forward and had on her own intimated the local UN Special Force for any security requirement needed by them. She felt at ease knowing the arrangements had been taken care of. 

After all, this forum wasn't a simple dignitary one but a private symposium of the rich and the famous; who were used to getting what they wanted using any means without caring about the ethical value attached to their actions and care for the consequences.

Radhika knew she had to tread with care, one minor slip and she would put not only the future of her organization in jeopardy but also Arjun's life at risk. He was her client and she was willing to take a bullet for him. This route of thought wasn't about feelings or personal dealings but purely professional outlook with a keen presence of mind and a will to succeed.

They knew in order to win, they would have to show returns and it was no easy job. Of course, the entire plan was laid out on the co- operation between the vehicle manufacturing industry and the oil cartel. Taking a practical view, they were aware of the very fact that they won't be able to convince the gathered group of immediate change but maybe start with a ten percent mix of ninety percentage oil and gasoline and slowly build up what with better value cars being in the offing on the future.

Radhika sighed as she shook her head, she had to give it to Arjun even if his team had developed hundred percent gasoline usage fuel in normal vehicles it would take them time to induct it, to enable it to reach the market but laying the core technology on the table for everyone to use was a pretty noble and an admirable action.

Radhika grinned as she remembered the debate that had ensued between both of them. It wasn't the first time a person of repute had found an alternative to fossil fuel but was the first person living reaching the forum with such a plan of action in hand. This in itself would herald a new beginning, maybe something historical.

Arjun introduced her to few people and she shook hands cordially and professionally ignoring the roving eyes of some.

A man tall, boorishly handsome made his way towards them.

"Hello, Arjun, glad to meet you here."

Arjun smiled and shook his hand," Good to see you, Ethan. My assistant, Radhika." He introduced her.

"Ethan McCain," Ethan said smoothly. They shook hands; she disregarded his thumb which had perilously pressed itself on her hand. Why, a snake in disguise, no surprise here. 

"So, I heard that you have come with some new, boring technology and are sharing it with us for free?" Ethan's voice carried arrogance that send a chill up Radhika's spine.

"Well, you will get to know in a while; I have heard you have invested in a new, defunct project?" Arjun chided back.

"Curiosity killed the cat," Ethan replied guilelessly, checking out Radhika, fixing his stare at her cleavage.

Arjun suppressed the anger he felt at Ethan's stare, he wanted to claw his eyes out, and smoothly stepped in front of Radhika," Satisfaction brought him back."

Something in Ethan made her uncomfortable. She couldn't pin point it yet but there was these vibes that did not seem overtly friendly. She knew about business rivalries but Ethan's impression made her jittery, he had secrets and contention with Arjun.

She would watch Arjun's back.

This was her job, she felt at ease being in character for the same. It didn't come on its own or in an instant but with polished training. She had dealt and worked with bigger fishes and knew firsthand how fickle minded they could get. The only thing that scared her was the deal as a whole, it was sure to be met with dissent as was against, the cartel rules and would eat in the profits of these so called big players. One wrong move and all of Arjun's research could go down the drain.

No! She wouldn't allow that to happen, not on her watch.

As she took her seat next to Arjun she openly observed the fifty odd people surrounding them. Any opposition, any disagreement would have to be met with clear well laid strategies. They had worked hard on the issue as a team and now finally, it was time to reap the awards. She had to be alert, any contention would be countered by her, she would mail her reply with her observations to Arjun via her phone to his and he would directly assess it and amalgamate it with his offering views or if possible she would defy them on her own. As an assistant, she had a right to take on  the board when and if the need so arose. 

This assignment was challenging on its own as it wasn't about brawn vs. brain but completely having her wits around her and using her intelligence and the right knowledge at the right time. This was live and one missed point could cost them the entire game.

And she loved it. God knew she thrived on such challenges. This was her forte, she could give her best under pressure and today, Radhika was prepared for the battle, and any nervousness she felt prior to the meeting had been replaced with a resolve to win the fight. She looked at Arjun and smiled, they had worked hard on this project and she wouldn't let him lose.

Arjun returned Radhika's smile. Her smile seemed to soothe his worries, taking them away from him. He was a strategic thinker and along with their combined intelligence and skills, he knew they could wing it.

Arjun hated the looks some of his peers were giving Radhika, he wanted to punch them all for even looking at her with that darn perverse thought in their minds. She was his and he wasn't going to allow anyone to even be close to her. No way!

And worse come worse scenario, if things took a bad turn, his security was already ready to be called into action. He wouldn't think twice sacrificing himself for his Radhika. This was a dangerous game, he knew she knew it and he was going to play on his terms.

He sipped his water, smiled inwardly and sat ready for his turn. Today, he was going to rock their world.

************

Arjun and Radhika sat quietly at the conference table while Charles Marthy the vice president of the Oil Consortium wrapped up his remarks.

"I want to thank all of you for being here today," he said. "We have our very own Arjun Khanna with a as I have been told, a brand new, electrifying, spirited proposal."

With an applause that resounded through the chamber, Arjun took the pedestal which Radhika noticed was with a grace of a panther; quietly, stealthily, taking what he wanted without any trepidation. 

He looked at everyone and smiled, power and authority oozed out his persona. Damn! The man made a statement simply by existing. Arjun cleared his throat, made a subtle joke about the weather and the food and managed to groom in all the attention to him.

“You would be pleased to know that my research team has founded a mixture, which blends 90% ethanol and can be used in regular vehicles without the danger of corrosive or detrimental effect on the engine....."

Radhika was in awe, she had encountered numerous speakers in her lifetime, she had given many speeches herself but the way Arjun managed to capture his audience with the simple thrill in his voice was something stimulating and energizing. You had no choice but to listen to him, he made sure of that. His voice spoke of controlled notion, letting all know he knew what he was talking about and the proposition that he was going to lay would benefit them all.

What a man!

She wanted to walk up to him right now and encase herself within his broad shoulders, kissing him ruthlesslessly right there on the dais.

Get a grip, Radhika. Focus!

Arjun was enjoying his presentation. He lived for it, the feeling of exclusive power that seeped on to the speaker was something he loved and relished. He knew the questions would be thundering and may be apt to take him down but he was prepared for them. He loved the confrontation that came in with a new proposal, the need to make other's understand without using too much pressure, the playing with the mind, the eye contact; small actions that left a lasting impact on the listener.

The explanation, the analysis, the profit showcasing went on for an hour.

At one point, he noticed Radhika sitting perched on the edge of her seat, biting her lower lip, worrying at the cap of her pen.

God!

Did she know what her action was doing to him? Did she want him to lose control and take her here in front of everyone, on the desk?

He needed a drink!

He looked over at Radhika again and found her attention focused on him. The more he spoke, though, the more she smiled. That smile did what scotch would, relaxed his tense muscles and erupted within him an energy that he knew would easily take care of all the nitty gritties.

"I have a question."

All eyes shifted to Ethan McCain, noted businessman from England. Arjun nodded and tilted his head, signaling everyone he was open for the arrows that he knew would be aimed at him.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Radhika sit upright and stare intently at Ethan.

"Why would the Oil producers agree to such a proposal, after all it un- viably aids and eats up our profit arena?" Ethan who never had a penchant of fondness for Arjun, smirked and glared at him, daring him to answer his question.

Arjun gave him a crooked smile.

"You were always the one to shoot from the hip, number one, it will help 'us' gain the prime mover advantage, and number two, it will quell the protests about over-usage of farm lands for the production of ethanol, it’s a win-win situation for us. Look at it from the socio-environmental point of view or be it from the Corporate Responsibility. I don't know, if you're aware but a country like India is getting pretty high on Corporate Social Responsibility, not only a bill has been drafted but also, a law is being put in place. And the ensuing feuds between the countries be it Iranian Oil imports or the condition applied for import of oil via FTA's will be curtailed. Economy wise, appreciation of currency, stability, no short term flight with respect to say, capital outflows. We will; be doing a lot of good. "

He looked straight at Ethan and said," I would simply override the environmental lesson, won't want to bore you too much with it?"

From his position at the oval table, Ethan glared at him but nodded his head and put forth several ensuing questions which Arjun answered with ease, at a point, Arjun was stuck, he knew if he lost out on the argument, everything would go downhill, he looked at Radhika who smiled and pointed at his phone instruction him silently to check his mail. Arjun shook his head and asked Radhika to answer it by herself. He was mighty impressed as he seeped in her comments and that won them brownie points. 

Hearing Radhika's interpolation, a businessman from India directly addressed her," Not too bad an explanation," he casually remarked, "Ah, you must have a good sets of pens at your disposal.”

Unruffled, Radhika kept his cool. "Thank you; I like your questions too." After a brief pause, she added “You must have a good phone for research."

Arjun laughed, she was witty, beautiful and his. No wonder he fell for her....again. A crack fire that directly fit in with his demands.

After a while, Ethan interjected again.

"Yes, Ethan?"

Ethan voiced another one of his lengthy and vague statements, and turned to Arjun, "Well, what is your opinion of that?" he demanded.

"I'd rather not say," Arjun replied in all seriousness. "One intelligent remark could blow the whole question."

There was an easy applause at his tactical answer and smooth domineering through the difficult routes.

Arjun understood the importance of a clear answer, he could easily twist his words and complicate an easy clarification but that would in turn simply impede his cause. An apparent justification highlighting the pros and the cons on the face of it was the way forward. 

"I would like to invite Mr. Charles Marthy back in the rink," Arjun said as he exited the podium.

"Thank you, Mr. Khanna. We all have heard his proposal, the report of the same lies on your desk, we break for half an hour and then put to vote if this seemingly brilliant proposal should be taken into account for further studying or not." He returned to his seat, tapped the cherry table for emphasis. "People, take good note and be wise, this may just be the next big thing," Marthy finished his proclamation.

*******

Arjun stood up and escorted Radhika to an empty conference room and tugged his collar in sheer relief and nervousness. It was such an amazing feeling; to feel the conflicting emotions in one go was what he loved and right now, he did not know which outweighed what. Arjun had taken several deals with him but this deal was important, not because of the amount he had spent in research but because of his belief in ushering in a new revolution. He needed this, he wanted this. And he knew, it wasn't going to be easy.

She laid her hand on his shoulder," I believe in you."

Arjun turned around to look at her. Half expecting a sympathetic smile, he saw instead a big grin filled with hope and belief.

She was incredibly beautiful, her eyes alight, her hair shining as if she had bathed in the moonlight. He could not help but smile back at her. Suddenly, his smile exploded into a grin as broad at hers.

"What is it?" she asked.

"We'll do it," he smiled and winked at her.

"You alright, right?" Radhika asked.

She was staring at him with a soft smile, “Yes, it is just a bit unnerving, that's all. Fine, don't tell anyone, but I still get butterflies when I have to wait for a result."

Radhika laughed and shook her head," The big bad Arjun Khanna, a scaredy cat. Who would have thought?"

Her ability to make him smile even during toughest of times, made him realize how truly lucky he was.

Arjun simply winked in return.

They both realized at the same instant that they were alone in that conference room. The air around them sizzled and Arjun unexpectedly took a step forward in her direction as Radhika stepped back, her back pressed against the cool wall of the office. She glanced back at the wall, then at him.

"It seems you have backed yourself in a corner, Radhika," Arjun smirked.

"Arjun, we s-shouldn't...." Radhika stammered.

Unfazed by her defensive actions, he stood close to her. She could feel the heat radiating off his body. She wanted to lean forward and touch him, touch that chiseled chest; now as she could see those hard planes flushed dangerously against his shirt, she knew her resistance would soon break.

He pressed her against the solid wall and plastered his body against hers. The feel of his body against hers had her think things that were highly unsuitable for such surroundings. Then, before Arjun could move forward or make the next move, Radhika in an impulsive decision leaned forward and kissed him full on his mouth. Their lips fought for dominance, each giving little leeway to none. Their tongues meshed with each other in one brutal coming, and they both crackled under its force.

His hands skimmed over her body, sending waves of desire racing through her. She fought the urge to strip off the rest of her clothes and give him free rein over her body.

Arjun brushed his hands on the sides of her body relishing the feel of her under his hands; he leaned over to press a kiss between her breasts.

He stared down at her, his fingertips slowly skimming from her collarbone to her belly. "You're beautiful," he murmured. She felt powerful, feeling the full impact of the power she wielded being a woman. It was exhilarating, to say the least.

They both panted and stepped out of each other's embrace. They knew they had needed this release, the tension within them, between them had rendered them senseless.

Arjun rubbed his thumb over Radhika's swollen lips with a smile on his face, how would she look all mused and tumbled up in his bed, with him; totally naked, warm bodies entangled with each other.

He would wait; he had to redeem himself in front of her. He would make her fall in love with him, a love so strong that would be cherished by them implicitly without any doubt. He would melt her like butter with honey on top, no, wait, a different vision which did nothing to suppress his desire conjured up in his mind, honey melting on her soft, creamy body while he licked it amply and thoroughly clean.

Or would she prefer chocolate? 

Not to worry, he would find her preferences and then act on them; terrifically blending both their needs together. 

With that pleasing but disturbing thought lingering in his head, he escorted Radhika back to the meeting.

.......................

"We're going to put the proposal to vote now."

"But I'm not finished," Ethan said.

The quelling look Charles Marthy sent his way all but said, you are if you don't sit down.

Ethan sat.

Nervous glances were exchanged all around.

After everyone was settled, Marthy smiled. He took his seat, leaned back in it. "Let the votes be pulled in."

After some moments which were both anxious and exasperating for Arjun and Radhika.

Marthy stood up, "It's a new day," he said as much to himself as to the people in the room. Facing everyone, "Starting now, there's a new game in town. Everything, and I mean everything, is up for grabs now. Read every document carefully, analyze it well, we meet again in two days and put the final vote on this project."

Arjun stood up, smiled and shook hands with Marthy. Radhika beamed at him, she knew they had won half the war. If the proposal had been accepted for a reading then impressing the members was now all in the report.

People started filtering out of the room, Ethan stood and walked up to Arjun and said, “Good work, Mr. Khanna. Your assistant is very efficient. You wouldn't have won the round without her prompt."

"Why thank you, Ethan. I never placed fair appreciation as a part of your virtue," Arjun retorted placing a possessive arm around Radhika.

Radhika met Ethan's stare and found it unnerving, and not in the good sense. It seemed he was daring them to mock him, to make him lose.

"So, would you like to trade?" Ethan asked still gazing at Radhika.

Arjun flicked his fingers in front of his eyes, “Sorry to disappoint you but I don't trade in humans."

Ethan smiled, gave them a mock salute, turned but stopped," Kiss my ass."

Arjun smirked and placed his hand on Radhika's back, took two steps towards the door, paused and retorted," Tempting, but I will pass," and walked out of the door with Radhika without as much as a glance towards Ethan.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

41.5K 2.4K 20
Dive into the turbulent love story of Siddhant and Ishika-a tale marked by youthful passion, misunderstandings, and the weight of unspoken regrets. I...
4.9K 341 32
⚠️18+ "Tell me, love. What is it that you want?" "You will have to leave me alone if you can't do it." "That won't happen ever-" he grits his teeth...
1.7M 51.5K 94
#4 in romance #1 in jealous, passionate, hot #3 in rejection, hot #5 in badboy, funny #9 in wattpad, steamy #55 in werewolf (Highest rankings) "You a...
7.7K 961 15
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...