Dawn of a New Day || Stefan S...

By X-Lisa-Anne-X

Olivia Gilbert, the twin sister of Elena Gilbert has a secret. One that began a month before the crash that k... More

Prologue
1.1 - A Hard First Day
1.2 - The New Boy in School
1.3 - Party at the Falls
1.4 - A Brother Returns
2.1 - A New Start to the Day
2.2 - Damon Salvatore?
2.3 - A Lonely Comet
3.1 - A Harder Morning
3.2 - Dinner Plans
3.3 - Awkward Gathering
3.4 - The Death of Coach Tanner
Wattys2016
4.2 - The First Try
4.3 - The Founders Party
5.1 - Quiet Separation
5.2 - Making up for Mistakes
5.3 - Sexy Suds Car Wash
6.1 - Mystery Uncovered
6.2 - Conversation Between Two Sisters
6.3 - Transitioning into a Vampire

4.1 - To Make Plans

3.7K 88 3
By X-Lisa-Anne-X

I'll be mixing this episode up a little bit (scene-wise) and I hope you like it! Please leave some reviews!

Vampire Diaries Fanfic | Dawn of a New Day | 4.1 - To Make Plans

A large gasp came out of Olivia's mouth as she jerked into a sitting position and her eyes were darting everywhere to see where she was – her breathing coming out in stuttering huffs. Shakenly, she squinted her eyes, it was dark but for some reason her vision was very clear. She was in an alleyway; a dirty filthy one that would normally be found behind a restaurant. "H-How...?" Her croaky voice came out scared, she had no idea where she was. The last thing she remembered was someone coming up behind her, a sharp pain and some type of disgusting liquid being shoved down her throat.

Where was everyone? She had been with others on the co-op trip so where were they? Was anyone looking for her? Where was she?

Olivia started to slowly get up on her quivering legs and for some reason, they felt new and unused. She had been laying on bags of garbage like someone had thrown her out like trash. Suddenly, her head snapped up and her hands covered her ears when a sharp bang sounded throughout the alleyway.

"Shit!" A deep male's voice swore afterwards, having just come out of the back door that was slammed against the brick wall. He was a pretty stogy man with a slowly growing beard that hadn't been shaved in possibly a week. He was wearing a chef's outfit with lots of muck and old food on it, he was gripping his hand tightly where a large cut was deep within his skin. The man groaned, trying to cover the wound with a white towel without much luck. It was slowly filling up with blood.

Olivia was only a few meters away but her head slowly turned up, looking towards the man that had appeared in the alley while her hands retreated from her ears. She was about to ask the man where she was, hoping for some kind of answer but for some reason, no words left her mouth and her eyes only stayed trained on the bleeding hand. It was like she was in a trance, unable to break herself away from it. Something inside started to stir within her and a deep hunger was starting to rise.

"God, damn it." The man cursed again, shaking his head. This was the third time in just a few months, if he didn't stop accidently cutting himself then he'll probably be let go for another cook. He loved this job but the stress was starting to get to him and he kept getting sidetracked by that beautiful waitress who comes into the kitchen every five damn seconds.

The chef was about to head inside now that his hand was covered, but that was until he heard a rustle over to the side. He looked over at the noise and his eyes widened dramatically – he saw a teenager completely covered in dirt and there were blood stains covering her entire body, especially around her neck and clothing. "My god," He started walking towards her, thinking she was badly hurt for that amount of blood to be covering her. "Jesus, who did this to you?" He was about a meter away from her, "What's your name?" He started getting out his phone, about to call 911. He had long forgotten about his bandaged hand.

Olivia blindingly ignored the questions, "Your bleeding." She murmured softly, still looking at the hand and the hunger deep inside was getting worse. She didn't know what was happening to her, but for some reason, she was giving into the demon she was becoming.

"I'm calling an ambulance." He assured her, thinking she was just in shock. She definitely looked like it. "Here." He started taking off the towel around his hand, intending to put it on a wound she may have, thinking she'd need it more. "Where are you hurt?"

Olivia reached forwards and grabbed the towel silently, looking down at it curiously. The man turned away for just a few seconds, speaking to someone on the phone, but while he wasn't looking, Olivia did something that would change her forever. She squeezed some of the blood in the towel and into her hand, like it was a bowl and slowly, she lifted it to her mouth, sniffing it deeply. A deep pressure started to resonate from her gums and again, without any thought, she poured the entire pool of blood into her mouth that was in her hand.

It tasted delicious, like gulping down an entire chocolate bar after having been deprived of it for so long. She even let out a small moan as the liquid drained down her throat.

The sound of a phone crashing to the ground could be heard, and that was enough for Olivia's head to snap up towards the man again. In front of her, the man stared at her with wide horrified eyes, "Oh, my god..." He breathed, slowly backing away from the girl. Little black veins gradually crawled down beneath her eyes and her eyes sparkled red against the backlight of the alleyway, her mouth was open and he could clearly see two little fangs pointing down and getting longer.

Time seemed to draw on but he wasn't quickly enough to get away because the next thing he knew, the girl was gone from her original spot and something appeared behind him.

Down that alley; only the painful scream of a full grown male could be heard and on that night, Olivia Gilbert had turned into the monster she believes to be today.

...

"No!" Olivia's body jerked upwards on the bed and into a sitting position, a horrified gasp leaving her lips as she jolted out of a nightmare. Her body was full of sweat, the sheets sticking to her body and there were stray tears running down her face. She had been twisting and turning before being woken up so now the bed looked messy around her. It took her a moment to realise where she was – that she was in her room, not in that alleyway anymore.

Taking deep breaths, she tried to calm herself down by lowering her head to her knees and closing her eyes. It took a few minutes, but finally she was able to push the aftereffects of the nightmare away. Actually, it wasn't just a nightmare, it was a memory. That's exactly how she remembered the night of became a vampire and it was very often that the man she killed came back to haunt her.

It had been a week since Mr. Tanner died and again it was the weekend; but unfortunately, something else was going to be happening tomorrow night, something she wasn't exactly looking forward to but must go because she's a Gilbert.

The Founder's Party.

Olivia loved history and memorizing all sort of things from the past, but a party in a house that was technically a museum just wasn't something she particularly liked the sound of. It's also something she had to look fancy and dress up for – that wasn't too much her thing either.

Looking over to her alarm clock; the numbers 8:52am flashed against the cover. A breathy sigh left her lips, she should probably start getting ready because she also needed to hunt again. Slowly she's been trying to ween herself into relying on animal blood. She noticed that even though the human blood curved her cravings a lot better, she always felt different and she always felt the demon inside her more. With animal; it made her feel more like herself, so in the end, she's taking in mostly animal blood but human was mixed in here and there.

Stripping the covers off her body; she grabbed the necessary clothes for the day before heading into the bathroom, about to have a much needed shower.

...

Olivia could hear Jenna mumbling about something all the way down the stairs and it wasn't until she entered the living room that she realised the woman had been staring at the television screen. Her eyes were narrowed towards a certain news reporter on the screen; Logan Fell.

"Who're you talking to?" Elena's voice hit her next from the kitchen, slowly walking towards the living room too.

"Him." Jenna nodded towards the screen but smiled over to Olivia when she noticed the other teenager walk into the room. She turned back, "Also known as Logan ScumFell." She glanced between the twins, "Did your mom ever tell either of you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?" Gesturing to the man on the screen to help them out.

"Oh, really?" Olivia blinked, looking towards the male she's barely seen before. All their mother had said to any of them was that a guy broke Jenna's heart and she didn't want to stay in the same town as the bastard anymore. "Him?" She walked towards the kitchen, needing to make herself a mug of coffee so her skin didn't feel as cold as it does now. Just before coming down she made sure to have some blood – it's become more of a morning ritual these days.

Elena looked between Logan and Jenna, "Oh, no way." She said with a disbelieving tone. "You and him?" She gave him a look over with observational eyes, "He's cute." She commented, tilting her head.

Olivia glanced over to take another look at the guy – he wasn't all that cute to her. For one thing; he's about fifteen years plus older than her and he just didn't look like the type of guy she'd even consider dating. Besides, she had Stefan, a much better guy than that Logan Scumfell could be.

"He's not cute." Jenna denied, but by her tone she wasn't really believing herself enough to portray an honest voice. She scoffed at the TV screen, "There's nothing cute about him." She quickly grabbed the remote from the table and promptly shut the machine off, ridding the living room of that horrible face of her past.

As Olivia poured the hot steaming coffee into a large mug, she noticed her sister sit down at the dining room table, a small cloth in hand and a little old box in front of her. She was about to ask what Elena was doing but her Aunt beat her to it, "What are you doing with that?" The woman asked, going over to stand behind the twin, looking down at the items in front.

Elena picked up an old wrist watch, beginning to clean it, "I went yesterday and got it out of the safety deposit box." She explained. "Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it to the Founder's Council for their Heritage Display."

At this point; Olivia had made her way over while taking a sip of coffee, now looking down with her Aunt towards all the history of the Gilbert Family. Jenna picked up a ring from inside the box, "Is that Grandma Beth's wedding ring?" She looked intriguingly at the object while thinking back to the past.

"H-hm." Elena nodded, looking up, "Originally it was great great Grandma Mary's wedding ring." She boasted on how much she knew about the family history.

As she spoke, Jeremy entered the room looking all ready for the day. He didn't actually have to go to the Founder's party tomorrow night, he had the choice, the girls however, didn't. Olivia looked up, smiling a little at the entrance of her little brother, "Morning, Jer." He smiled back at her with a small nod but didn't say anything, instead, he walked over to them and reached into the box to grab something in particular.

He picked up a pocket watch with strange symbols on it, "How much do you think this stuff is worth?" He wondered out loud, "You know, like on eBay?" Just before he finished his sentence, Elena reached over and immediately yanked the item out of his hand.

Olivia took another sip from her coffee, heading back over to the kitchen – she knew Jeremy wouldn't do such a thing and sell items that were precious to their parents. Honestly, she was also a little curious too as to how much the items were actually worth. She'd never even think of selling them herself either – there was too much history in them.

"You're not going to find out." Elena said sternly, not letting anything happen to the items in front of her. She was going to make sure her mother's wish came true and that all of these items would stay on loan to the Founder's Council.

Jeremy let out a huff of annoyance, getting irritated, "That stuff is mom and dads." He started, heading towards the kitchen as well. He had been on his way to get some breakfast until he noticed that pocket watch. He remembered it completely – it's the watch his father was going to give him when he was 'ready' - whatever that meant. "You can't just give it away." Maybe he could sneakily get that pocket watch before Elena gives it over later on today?

Olivia sighed, glancing over at him, "She's not giving it away, Jer." She told him, knowing how the process works. "They're just being loaned out." After drinking the last of her coffee, she placed the mug in the sink and sighed. "All right, I'm heading out." She announced, heading towards the front door where her shoulder bag was all ready to go. There wasn't much blood left in her mini-fridge so it was time to refill again despite trying to cut down a bit, especially when it came to the human blood. She had a couple of plastic bottles to fill with animal blood but she needed to get a few blood bags out of the hospital as well.

The other three watched as she left the house; all thinking different things. Elena was still pondering back to the other night at the game when she thought a cut had actually been on her twin's hand. Jenna was looking pleased that the niece she knew was slowly coming back and out of her shell and as for Jeremy, he's still noticing differences in his favorite sister but could see that she was indeed getting better after whatever happened in Chicago.

...

After dropping the newly filled bottles and blood bags into her mini fridge, she decided to head over to the Forbes residence. Actually, Caroline was forcing her to come over in a manner of a crisis of finding something to wear for the Founder's Party tomorrow night. She still hasn't gotten up the courage of asking Stefan to be her date yet, she was going to do it yesterday but it completely slipped her mind. Maybe she should head over to the Boarding House later on and finally ask him?

As soon as she arrived on Caroline's doorstep, a horrible thought suddenly came to her. She hasn't been invited in – not since becoming a vampire. Caroline had been over to her house a couple of times since school started and they've been out in public together – but not in the Forbes house. She prayed that Caroline would invite her in the way that needed to be done – this was a pondered thought as she knocked on the door a couple of times, extra loud. Sometimes Caroline would have her music riled up, especially while her mom was at work.

Olivia could hear quickened footsteps coming up to the door from the inside and just then, the door swung open, presenting Caroline dressed in a horribly bright pink dress with a black feathered bow tie around her waist.

"Liv, you're here!" Caroline exclaimed, her eyes widening in happiness but also relief.

Olivia couldn't help but chuckle at the reaction, "Of course I'm here Care." Waiting for that little invite to let her in.

And it happened. "Come in, come in, come in," Caroline said in a mantra but with a rush of excitement, reaching forwards to grab her best friend by the arm before literally dragging her into the house. Olivia made a noise of surprise as she got pulled in but was also thankful that the blonde had actually given her an invite. Her body slamming into something invisible wouldn't have been the best conversation of the day – and there would have been no excuses around it without telling the truth. She wouldn't even know what to say actually.

...

About an hour later; Olivia was lying back on Caroline's bed flipping through a book she's actually read before. But now, thinking about it, the whole concept of the read was pretty amusing. Twilight. She shook her head, the way Stephanie Meyer portrayed vampires was completely different to what they are in real life. Look at her, Stefan, Damon, and Lexi - they're living proof of what a real vampires look like.

"What about this one?" Caroline questioned, twirling around in a daffodil coloured frilly dress with a fluffy black belt around the waist. She looked over to her best friend, wanting an honest opinion. She missed this – doing little things like this because they became non-existent after Olivia came back from Chicago and it became more so after her parents died. She understood of course, but she was glad things were finally getting back to the way they were.

Olivia looked up and immediately bit her lip at the sight, she did hate saying bad comments about certain things that Caroline wore – but a few pieces of clothing in that closet of hers should just stay in the closet. "Honestly?" She began with a frown of apology, "It looks like the kind of dress a mother would make her five-year-old daughter wear to her grandmother's birthday party." Ignoring the actual size of the dress, knowing it would be too big for an actual five-year-old, but still, that's what she pictured exactly in her mind.

Caroline let out a groan, throwing her head back in exasperation, she had really liked this dress too but she wanted to look great for this Founder's Party. "Alright." She muttered to herself, going back to the closet, finding a new dress. She looked over her shoulder while rummaging through the clothes, "So, have you asked Stefan yet to be your date?"

Olivia's lip quirked, she had wondered when that question would come up, "Not yet." She replied back, looking up from the book again.

"Liv..." Caroline drawled out, probably rolling her eyes with a small sigh, "Don't forget it's tomorrow night." She lightly scolded, "He needs to make sure he can get a tux in time."

'He probably has dozens.' Olivia thought but spoke back anyway in response, "I'll ask him later on."

"Nu-huh." The blonde shook her head, coming out of the closet with a blue dress in hand – one that looked much better for both the occasion and just all in general. She pointed a finger towards her best friend, "You're calling him now, missy."

Olivia furrowed a brow, putting aside the book, "Huh?"

"Call him now." Caroline pushed, not letting her get out of it. She put aside the blue dress to place her hands on her hips, her foot tapping against the ground with impatience. "Or I'll call him for you." Putting a little smirk on her lips this time and Olivia knew right then she really didn't want that to happen. God knows what will come out of Caroline's mouth if she asks Stefan for her.

A giving in sigh came out Olivia's mouth as she reached over to her bag in front of her, retrieving her phone. "Fine." Knowing it was no or never.

...

At the Salvatore Boarding House; Zach was walking through the downstairs hallway, about to get himself a drink when he noticed someone he really didn't like laying across one of the couches, flipping through Stefan's notebooks aimlessly. His feet stopped at the entrance of the living room, staring over at Damon and he already knew the vampire would have sensed him approaching long before he even stopped.

"I didn't know you were here." Zach stated honestly, it was actually rare he'd come face-to-face with his more dangerous ancestor because the guy was either out killing or wreaking havoc on Stefan's life away from the Boarding House.

Damon didn't look up from the books, still flipping through the pages, "Just going through Stefan's homework." Pretending to care, but mostly, he was just bored. After going through nearly half of the book, he snorted in an unbelievable manner, "Boy," He shook his head, "This country sure has dumbed down in the last hundred years. Why Stefan wants to go to High School is beyond me. I mean, in the seventies, he went Ivy League." This time, he actually glanced over to the human, "Now Harvard, I did understand." He paused, narrowing his eyes in thought, "Actually ... no, I really didn't."

Zach glanced over to the stairs, silently wondering if Stefan was inside the house still. He knew that if Damon was to try something – Stefan would put a stop to it the best he could. He had trust in Stefan but it only went so far since he's a creature that's literally ruined his life.

"Go ahead..." Damon rolled his eyes, knowing there was something on the guy's brain for him to be standing there like a lemon. "Purge." He prompted. "Get it out ... what's on your mind?"

Zach swallowed down his nerves, not wanting to show fear – but even he knew Damon could snap his neck within a millisecond and Stefan wouldn't be able to do a thing about it. "Why are you here, Damon?" He finally questioned but the odds of him actually getting a truthful answer were practically zero. He knew Stefan would have already asked that very same question already and he was nothing but another human to Damon.

Damon looked up from the book, plastering a mocking smile on his face before shutting that very same book. "To spend time with you, Zach." He replied, that smile leaning towards a smirk more than anything. "Family's important."

Zach looked to him fearlessly, "I know you." He stated, observing the vampire closely as the guy leaned further back into the chair – intently listening to whatever came out of his mouth, "You always have a motive. So tell me, what is it this time?"

There was a moment of silence, but it didn't last for long.

Zach suddenly found himself hanging in the air, a hand wrapped around his throat with Damon's finger's digging into the curve of his neck. His oxygen was slowly being severed. Zach groaned, little gasps coming out of his mouth as he tried desperately to get some air.

Damon looked at the man with cold and calculating eyes, "You are in no position to question me." He said with a deadly tone, one you really didn't want to mess with.

"I-I didn't mean to upset you." Zach choked back, hoping Stefan would be down any second if he were here.

A smirk lifted on Damon's lips, his head tilting with a patronizing look, "This is not upset, Zach."

"What's going on?" Stefan's voice filled the room as he stood at another entrance to the living room – he was looking towards Damon's back with narrowed eyes, seeing Zach being choked in front of him. He slowly walked further in and that's when Damon finally let the human descendant go. Zach dropped to the floor with a thud, coughing and gasping for air.

Damon turned around to his little brother after rolling his eyes at the intrusion, "Having a family moment, Stefan." He pretended nothing was wrong with what he did. "Spending some quality time." He chuckled, shaking his head before heading out of the room, patting Zach on the back before leaving out of sight.

When Damon was gone, Stefan rushed to Zach's side, "Are you okay?" He asked with concern in his eyes. He was about to help the guy up to his feet but his hand was pushed away, the man not needing any help from him. They vaguely heard Damon walking out of the house, no doubt out to get something to eat – and but something, that meant human.

"No." Zach snapped, finally gaining his breath back. He looked up at the vampire, using a more calmed tone this time, "No, I'm not and neither are you. And neither is Olivia." Knowing the Gilbert girl had a lot more to do with this situation now that she's the same species as his ancestors. From what he could tell after seeing her a few times after giving her the invitation to his house, she was near enough the same girl he remembered briefly knowing. Also, she hasn't hurt anyone in town so it gave him a great sense of comfort. He looked up at Stefan, "How many more people have to die before you see that?!"

"I see it." Stefan told him, knowing exactly what was happening around him now that Damon had followed him to Mystic Falls. "All right, Zach, I see it."

Zach gritted his teeth, not understanding something, "Then why aren't you doing anything about it?!"

"I can't, Zach." Stefan stressed, glancing up to the entrance of the living room, keeping his voice down. He shook his head, looking back to his descendant, "I can't because it would take human blood. It's the only way I could stop him, and I can't do that."

"Then what about Olivia?" Zach fired back, slowly getting up from the ground, also keeping his voice down. "She drinks blood bags, doesn't she?"

"No," The vampire immediately denied, shaking his head, "I don't want her in danger and she's only been a vampire for just over half a year."

"But she'll be in even more danger if Damon isn't gone and what about everyone else around her?" The man wasn't giving up, "At least just ask her for help - give her a choice."

And suddenly, the sound of a cell phone ringing cut through the air. Stefan's head jerked down towards his pants pocket and his hand pulled out the sounding object, looking at the screen as the name of his girlfriend popped up. Zach was able to catch the name and he looked to Stefan with a pleading look, "Ask her, please." He said, "Bring her over so I can show you both something – it'll help bring Damon down."

Stefan was immediately curious as to what that something might be but his thoughts were cut short by his own thumb pressing the answer button on his phone, and he brought the object up to his ear. "Hey," He said into the receiver, automatically smiling, knowing he was talking to Olivia.

"Hey, back." Olivia's voice came through loud and clear, you could tell there was a smile in her voice too. "Are you busy?" She asked hesitantly, "Cause I need to ask you something in person and it's ... important."

Stefan glanced up to Zach and he was being sent a look, "I'm free." He replied back, nodding to himself at the decision he was about to make, "I actually need to ask you something as well – are you able to come over right now?"

"Oh," Olivia made a noise of surprise but readily agreed, "Uh, sure!" Probably nodding on the other end. "I'll be there in about ten minutes – I'm at Caroline's."

"That's great," Stefan now wondered what she might need to ask him, "I'll see you soon." He could hear Caroline on the other end squealing for some reason.

Olivia made a shushing sound to whom he guessed was to quieten Caroline's squeal. She was probably covering the phone, but his hearing was too good for that. "You too." She said before making her goodbyes, hanging up the phone just before he did.

Stefan brought the phone down from his ear before sliding it back into his pocket – he also noticed Zach looking to him expectantly. "Well?"

"She'll be over within ten minutes."

...

Olivia finished speeding through the forest and stopped at the tree line – adjusting the bag strap across her chest, she started making her way towards the front door of the Boarding House. It was pretty easy and quick to get from Caroline's to Stefan's just because each house was next to the forest, even her own house had a frontal view of the mass of trees. She wondered again what Stefan might need to ask her, but she did hope that Damon wasn't in the building as she approached the front door.

She could hear at least two pairs of footsteps inside when she started knocking on the door, and as expected, it only took a matter of seconds for the door to swing open and Stefan was on the other side.

Stefan smiled when he saw her standing there, "Hi." He moved aside, letting her in.

Olivia accepted the invitation, walking in, "Hey," She gave a small wave with a smile back. Suddenly, it was then that she noticed Zach standing in the hallway, looking towards her in particular with a look on his face she couldn't quite describe. She gave a small wave to the guy, "Hey, Zach." Being polite.

Zach gave a nod, "Olivia." But he didn't move from his spot.

As Stefan closed the door behind her and she turned towards him with a confused look, "So ... are we going up to your room?" She wondered why he was just standing there, normally he'd be walking her somewhere, mostly upstairs.

"Uh," Stefan glanced over to Zach, "Actually it was Zach as well that wanted to talk to you."

Olivia blinked with surprise, but mostly bewilderment, "Oh!" She said, glancing between the two, "Um, why's that?" Suddenly feeling a little nervous.

"We were making plans to bring down Damon once and for all." Zach spoke, finally walking towards them. It was as he approached the two that he revealed some of why she was here, "You drink from blood bags don't you?" He got right to the point.

Olivia's eyes flickered over to Stefan but could slowly understand why Zach might be asking, she already knew that Stefan was completely dependent on animal blood. "I still drink from blood bags but not as much as I first started." It was probably about half and half these days between human and animal. There was a pause, "What was it you wanted me to do?" Knowing she wouldn't have been asked such a question without something needed doing.

Stefan reached forward to grab Olivia's hand, making her look to him, "If your up for it – I'm gonna work on bringing Damon's guard down but someone needs to bring him down." He looked down a little in shame, knowing that if only he could drink human blood and stay the way he is then he wouldn't have to ask this of her. "Somehow we need to get vervain into his system so we can dry him out completely – once that's done, I'll be putting him in the Salvatore Family Crypt for the rest of his undead life ... or at least for a couple of centuries minimum."

Olivia thought about it for a second but it was already a no-brainer – she knew exactly what her decision was going to be. "I'll do it." She agreed, wanting to take Damon down. He may not have bitten Caroline or caused some serious harm to the people closest to her, but many people were still dead and he HAD been compelling those around her. That's something she didn't like at all and she knew he needed to be stopped.

Suddenly, something from his words came back to her, "Wait, vervain?" Her eyebrows creased, looking towards Stefan with confusion, "I thought you gave me the last for Elena and Jeremy?" Did he find some more?

"Come with me." Zach spoke for Stefan before gesturing them both to follow him, starting to walk down the hallway. He was glad she was agreeing to help, especially when she might be doing the most work out of this plan. He also knew that Stefan wouldn't be very happy with him anymore, especially after not wanting to involve Olivia at all.

He walked them to a hidden door built into the wall and took them down the old stairway, taking them down to the basement. Stefan hadn't been down here yet either because all Zach had said was wait until Olivia arrived, he wanted to show them both at the same time. They passed through several doors and a few of them were made with a very thick steel-like material. And finally, they approached a room that looked to be an old cell. And inside, their noses twitched at a strong potent smell coming out.

Vervain.

"You've been growing it." Stefan commented, looking at the poisonous plants with caution, not getting too near to the plant but also making sure Olivia didn't either.

Zach didn't deny it, "It's just something that's been passed down through the generations." He explained why he had them in the first place. The two vampires turned towards him, "Blood only runs so deep when you're related to vampires and Damon would kill me if he knew that I had it."

Olivia was confused, "But, if you hate vampires so much then why are you telling us?" And by the look on her boyfriend's face, he was thinking the exact same thing.

It took a moment to reply but finally Zach spoke with honesty, "Because I trust you – the both of you." It was a long stretch to trust Olivia but his gut was just telling him to. He gestured over to the vervain, "And your going to need the vervain if you want to get rid of him."

...

"You don't have to do this, Liv." Stefan said once again, brushing his fingers through her hair while her head laid on his lap. He had a deep worry inside of him that Damon would hurt her and he didn't want that to happen – he knew how strong his brother was on human blood and he also knew that Olivia wasn't drinking full-on blood bags anymore. She still has a lot of the stuff, but not as much as she used to.

Olivia sighed and opened her eyes, pushing herself up before turning to him on the bed, her legs folded underneath her. "Stefan." She started, trying to look reassuring. "I can do this – I want to do this and it's because if I don't, more people will die and I don't want that to happen."

There was a moment before Stefan exhaled, slowly nodding with acceptance, "Okay." He said quietly, getting that he won't be able to change her mind. And suddenly, something popped into his head, the reason why she had called earlier. "What was it you wanted to ask me?" He asked, intrigued, looking for some lighter news.

"Oh, right." Olivia remembered, she really kept forgetting about it a lot. "Well, how do you look in a suit?" Looking him up and down curiously, trying to imagine him in one just like she had done with the jersey last week.

A small chuckle left his lips, "I can pull one off and I have a couple stored in my closet somewhere." He had an inkling as to what it might be for but he just needed the confirmation.

Olivia smiled, looking a little more relaxed about asking the question she's been forgetting for days. "Would you be interested in being my date for the Founder's Party tomorrow?"

Stefan reached forwards for her hands, looking into her eyes, "I would be honored to accompany you, Miss. Gilbert."

That sounded so formal and outdated, but Olivia loved it. A flutter appeared again in her undead heart, "The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Salvatore."

Follow, Fav, and Review!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 269 33
Max, Maxine Gilbert, Older sister of Elena and Jeremy Gilbert. She was been through alot. Is she gonna go through it again? Maybe. She was born a Dem...
680K 13.2K 49
Mariana Gilbert is the older twin sister of Elena by 5 minutes . For years, they lived a pretty ordinary life... Until they start a fresh, new school...
18.3K 302 32
(THE VAMPIRE DIARIES FAN FICTION) Elena Gilbert. A young, beautiful teenager, with secrets galore about: vampires ,witches ,werewolves, hybrids and d...
321K 6.1K 30
Corey Gilbert is Elena's twin sister. She tries to be different to her sister because they were never close. Elena took everything from Corey, but wh...