Traveling Hearts {Discontinue...

By OnceUponThisTime

{Discontinued} [Kingdom Hearts, Reader-Insert] A simple wishing on a star could lead you into trouble. Fallin... More

[Chapter 1] The Beginning of the End
[Chapter 2] Water & Worries
[Chapter 3] Escape to the Music
[Chapter 4] Tea & Cassettes
[Chapter 5] Geezers & Fries
[Chapter 6] Recap & Confusion
[Chapter 7] Back to Trouble
[Chapter 8] Decisions, Decisions, Decisions
[Chapter 8-A] Go the Other Direction
[Chapter 8-B] Keep Forward
[Chapter 9] Training Starts
[Chapter 10] Search & Apples
[Chapter 11] Fatigue & Anger
[Chapter 12] Porridge & Support
[Chapter 13] Recover & Time
[Chapter 14] Night Escapades
[IMPORTANT NOTICE]

[Ending]

202 7 2
By OnceUponThisTime

Traveling Hearts is a story dear to my heart since it was my first story way back in Quizilla when I had to copy and paste everything and hope that it didn't act up and ruin my work. It went through I think three revisions, the most change came when I moved the story to Wattpad. I'm happy with how my writing has improved since- oh god, it's been like six or seven years.

Anyways, I had a lot of plans for the story but I just never got around to writing for it. Eventually, I felt the story didn't fit my current style and I didn't want to regress back into it so I ended it. I vaguely remember parts of the story so there might be gaps of detail here and there.

This is the long awaited 'brief' summary and ending of what I had planned for the story. 

After the [BOC] results, [Name] would go into the mirror hoping to return to the house only to be met with water. Struggling up to the surface, she cursed her luck at ending up in water again. The sound of blades causes her to freeze as she feels a point to her back. She's ordered to turn around and state her purpose and where she had come from. Confused and panic beginning to rise, she can feel tears beginning to well along with frustration. Why did everything have to involve a sword threatening her life?

From the tents, a voice calls out to stop and starts scolding the soldiers for treating a helpless girl like that. The woman comes closer and introduces herself as Tifa. She brings her near the fire to warm her up and ask questions. Another voice asks what's going on from the tents. Tifa address him as he exits the tent much to the surprise of [Name].

Everyone had been worried for the lost King so she explains who she is. Leon's surprised to hear that she's from another world but tells her to reassure Sora that they're almost finished. [Name] returns home and informs Zexion of the King's condition. (I'm pretty sure I had a meeting with Vanitas planned to but can't remember how it went)

With [Name] back to training, she's walking home after another exhausting day. Unbeknownst to her, there is a black crow following her. Heartless appear and chase her through the streets of Radiant Gardens until she's cornered near some waterfalls. Axel and Demyx come to her aid as she holds her own against the monsters. Her shield can't last for long as she tries to shrink the shield. Her shield breaks and the Heartless slams her into the water. Her powers activate and sends her traveling.

(My notes say something about Zexion's illusion and the Star Shard so either her powers saved her or the Star Shard came to help. I think Maleficent was suppose to make her appearance her to taunt [Name])

[Name] awakens in a new town unfamiliar to her named Twilight Town.(I can't remember how [Name] meets anyone in this arc.) Here she finds help from a knight of the King Cloud, Zack Fair. Along with learning to fight from Zack, she also gets more of a sense of the world and decides to continue on traveling instead of becoming part of the Organization. 

While in town she helps the local authorities, Seifer and his posse. (There's a little star in my notes meaning there would be another set of [BOC] results here) As she gets ready to start her journey to avoid the Kingdom Court, news breaks that Princess Cinderella had been captured.

[Name] decides to join Zexion and Demyx at Destiny Islands to guard Kairi and Namine. Along with being introduced to the Princesses' advisors, Marluxia and Larxene, it is reveal that Namine is from [Name]'s world. She's saved from joining the Organization as everyone believes that two princesses escaped the rebellion from years ago. Both princesses insist on [Name] enjoying the festival to honor the return of the monarchy so she disguises herself and has fun.

As she enjoying herself, [Name] goes to the courtyard to watch the princesses address the people. She keeps to the side to stay hidden but that brings her downfall. A flash appears near her and a shot of magic strikes at the princesses. The attack misses but [Name] is seen as the culprit. Guards surround her and she flees. She's able to escape into the gardens only to be meet by [BOC]. [Name] manages to block any attacks and slips into the fountain.

She resurfaces in a different fountain where she's pulled up and help by Yuna, Rikku, Paine, and Tidus who bring her to safety as a favor to Demyx. Unable to do anything, [Name] sits at a safehouse with Tidus, who tries to cheer her up, while YuRiPa has gone to investigate. The trio return bearing bad news. Zexion and Demyx have been placed under interrogation. This news sends [Name] into action.

Using her powers, she locates Kairi and Namine's room. They give her the keys to the prison where Zexion and Demyx are being held. She hands the keys to Paine while Roxas and Axel hand her the information they've gathered. Both are due to be brought in for an interrogation the next morning.

The excess use of her power leaves [Name] exhausted and she passes out once she teleports back into the safehouse. She's awoken to two familiar voices and is glad to see Demyx and Zexion. They all gather to discuss their results. [Name] is tasked to convince Sora, Riku, or Vanitas to help them. This is another [BOC] result.

The confrontation comes the next day to reveal who tried to assassinate the princesses. [Name] sneaks into the castle and is confronted by Larxene, who proceeds to insult her and calling her an easy target to pin the crime on. Her insults move onto the twins and how they were illegitimate children or adopted by the King and held no real power. The courts only entertained their attempts to exercise their power. Larxene continued to berate the twins and then moves onto talk shit about Leon. The doors slam open to reveal a pissed off Sora and Vanitas.

[Name] joins in the following battle deflecting as much of the lightning from Larxene as she can. Marluxia joins in the fight as Larxene is downed and reveals his want of power. The battle continued and ends with Marluxia fading. As he fades, he mentions how alike [Name] is to Xion and how they'll end in the same fate.

Before anyone can relax, [Name]'s framing had raised the Kingdom Court's attention and she was to be escorted to Radiant Gardens to be sworn into the Organization. (Which I feel I didn't do enough to show how badly they were treated. They were just tools of war for the Kingdom Court and not even seen as human) Everyone hops onto a Gummi Ship to heads back to Radiant Gardens. [Name] wonders about who Xion was.

Another [BOC] results were the guy either apologizes for suspecting them or admits how worried they were. All the choices would talk a little about the Organization and, after being asked, explain who Xion was. Everyone would explain that Xion wasn't seen as part of the Organization as she was forcefully pulled from the other world. She was defeated while trying to discover a way home. Everyone would give this explanation but Axel and Roxas as their memories were ripped from them when Xion disappeared. Zexion would come in to explain.

Instead of going straight to Radiant Gardens, it is decided to stop by the kingdom by sea, Ariel's place, because I forgot to give the kingdom a name. [Name] is placed under closed watch along with Melody, Ariel's daughter. There's another [BOC] moment on the beach. (which slightly annoys me because [Name] should be training) Demyx' backstory is explained which I did not write down and have no idea what it was.

Reports come in of an attack on Snow White's castle and everybody heads over by Gummi Ship. [Name] is faced with the destruction and chaos at the castle while eliminating any stray Heartless. While saving some people, she begins to feel that serving under the Organization could better someone else's life.

Everybody heads to Radiant Gardens after the battle. [Name] is formally introduced to the king, Leon. The introduction is then followed by a strategy meeting where Kairi agrees to play as bait. Everybody goes out for burgers as reports confirm a coming wave of enemies. There's another [BOC] moment. (Going over this, I feel like I didn't put enough bonding moments besides just talking and a few duels amongst each other)

Preparations are continued for the upcoming siege and [Name] is given more training. (I feel like I didn't give [Name] enough combat experience for this battle) She's fitted for armor and given a sword. As a part of the Organization, she's assigned to the front lines. Trying to calm her nerves, [Name] goes around to all her friends, wishing them luck.

[Name] heads to the plaza afterwards to hear Leon give a final speech before the battle. [BOC] moment that involves comforting [Name]'s nerves and then a kiss. A call for everyone to their positions interrupts them.

[Name] goes towards the towers where she's been partnered up with Xigbar. He tells her to chill since she isn't going to full on sword fight anyone. She's responsible to protect the soldiers, archers, and catapults from aerial attacks while he shoots them down. The battle begins with Heartless approaching and catapults. Xigbar disappears and she's on her own. [Name] encounters some enemies and then sees a flash of [BOC]'s cape or coat. Intends to follow him but Star Shard teleports her out.

She ends up where Kairi is healing others. Both surprised but more shocked by the fact that people are falling asleep. Maleficent enters and [Name] forces the Star Shard onto Kairi. She points her sword at her, trembling, as Kairi teleports out. (Notes says Maleficent explains Xion so there was probably more to the Xion subplot)

Shots of fire blast into [Name]'s surrounding shield. She turns to see darkness emitting from [BOC] and a final taunt from Maleficent. [Name] has to face him down. Her power allows her to copy his fighting style so she counters what she can and reflects when it gets to tough. Final blow from [BOC] begins to build up with darkness. She knows it's going to collapse the room.

Reflects final attack that incapacitates [BOC], quickly teleports out of the water filling room. Teleports to the lake and has to heal him. (Notes say 'thinks back to Melody' so probably more I forgot about that part) Her power allows her to take some of the damage onto herself. He begins to wake up as she's fading away. He gives her their necklace or other trinket before something pushes her into the lake. (I don't know what that something was)

As she falls, the pain is forcing her to sleep as shooting stars fall. Hears shout from the beginning of the story of [BOC] yelling 'This world will be unlocked, [Name]! I will find you wh-!'. Feels a warm light and welcomes the relief.

[Name] wakes up in a hospital back home. She's been interrogated on what happened and where she had gone for the past few months. She remembers Zexion's lessons on lying and lies that she doesn't know what happened or how she got injured. The necklace is proof of what happened was true and she clings to it.

Final scene is with her packing her armor away and clipping her necklace on. She remembers the final words she heard and makes a promise to return someday.

There was a sequel planned where she meets Xion and then is pulled back into the world where the Organization is being hunted down but that never got any sort of planning put into it. I did plan to give the reader the choice to stay in that world or go home. So, that's it. The End. Looking back on it, I think it was too underdeveloped and too rushed. I had problems with consistency and the characters felt all over place but I still adore it. 

Glad I could finally bury this hatchet. Fernweh's write up will be posted next Monday, though it might be posted a little later since it's longer and I want to work on other stories. So, yup, later!   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 77 36
After experiencing abuse from your father, your parents divorced and you were ordered to live with your mom. After a tragic event, your whole life ch...
41.3K 1.4K 30
In your past home you were abused, depressed, anorexic, you self harmed... Everything was going to hell after your mother passed away. You didn't thi...
37.3K 493 29
(Yoai/Gay Fic )From nothing they have risen again. Axel and Roxas have been reborn to what they hope will be the prefect life. Where their enimies ar...
1.2K 34 7
You never know who'll you will run into next sora x reader x riku future relationships to be added started: 20/03/19 ended: 20/09/20