Fire // Dark!Scorbus

Af greyedges

albus is interested in the dark arts, and it doesn't help that his best mate is a son of former death eater... Mere

Year One - The Oddball Out
Year Three - Drowning
Year Four - Run Away
Year Five - Irritable
Year Five (Continued) - Power
Year Six - Retry
Year Six (Continued) - Feelings Get In The Way
Year Six (Continued) - The Truth
The End

Year Two - Pathological Lies

1.7K 80 153
Af greyedges

"Dad, can I go over to Scorpius' house this week?" Albus asked his dad who was sitting in his recliner and reading the Daily Prophet Quidditch section.

Harry put the paper down and pushed his glasses up on his nose, "Scorpius Malfoy?" he asked.

Albus gave a quick nod, his face void of any emotion like usual.

Harry sighed and rubbed his head, "I don't think that's a very good idea..."

Albus furrowed his eyebrows together, "And why not?"

"Because I don't think the Malfoy's are a good influence on you," his dad admitted.

"Scorpius is perfectly fine, thank you," Albus snapped.

Harry raised an eyebrow questioningly, "Fine to you, but not to me or your mother."

"I can befriend whom ever I want," Albus glared, "Scorpius is the only person in the world I know who understands me."

"I'm glad you've found someone who 'understands' you, but I don't trust him or his family," Harry sighed.

"Well I trust him and you trust me, right?" Albus asked, almost pleadingly.

Harry didn't know how to react, his son never pleaded for anything... He also felt this conversation reminded him of Albus' namesake... If Dumbledore trusts him, I trust him.

"To be fair, I don't always trust you, Albus," Harry admitted to his son, who looked appalled at his fathers words, "And my final answer is no, you may not go over to the Malfoy's."

Albus screamed and stomped his foot, Harry was taken aback, Albus had never thrown a fit before.

"I hate you! You're so unfair!" Albus yelled, "I heard you tell mum you don't trust James' friend Peter, yet you still let him hang out!"

Harry spotted James peer around the stairs with a scared expression but focused his attention back to Albus.

"I have my reasons, Albus," he said sternly, "Now I am your father and you'll listen when I tell you no."

"ARGH!" Albus kicked his fathers chair, "I wish you were never my father! You're cruel and you don't even love me!" He stormed off upstairs, making James duck as he passed.

••••

Their arguments didn't stop there. The summer was slow and painful for the Potters, due to Albus' cold attitude towards everyone.

"Albus can you pass me the butter?" Harry asked one night at dinner, holding out his hand for the butter tray.

Albus glowered at his father, "No."

"Albus Severus," Ginny hissed across the table.

Albus glared at her and crossed his arms over his chest in defiance. Lily reached across Albus and grabbed the butter, handing it to her dad.

"Thanks darling," Harry said, taking the butter from his daughter.

"Albus, apologize," Ginny demanded.

"You always make me apologize, even though you know I don't mean it," Albus snapped.

James quickly shoved his food into his mouth and excused himself from the table, not wanting to get caught up in one of Albus' fits.

••••

Albus stepped down the last stair quietly, glancing around the dark room to make sure no one was there. He gripped his wand in one hand and the strap of his rucksack in the other.

He stepped towards the front door, cast a silent Alohamora and grabbed the door knob, ready to pull it open when the lights flicked on. He froze.

"Where might you be heading at this hour?" His fathers tired voice cut through the quiet of the night.

Albus turned around slowly, raising his wand and gripping his bag tighter, "I was going to Scorpius', because you won't give me permission, so I figured I'd go without permission," he replied blankly.

Harry was surprised he was that honest, "Thanks for telling the truth, but remember the part where I didn't give you permission..."

"And remember the part where I said I'd go without your permission," Albus replied, muttering a spell and casting it on his dad before yanking the door open and running out.

His dad was an Auror and blocked the spell with ease, then dashed out of the house behind Albus.

Albus was already half way down the block by the time Harry spotted him, "How the bloody  hell can that boy run so fast?" he asked himself, debating if he should even follow after him. Where was he even going? How was he going to get to Malfoy Manor?

He figured Albus had a plan, he was a Slytherin after all, a Slytherin doesn't just wing something like a Gryffindor would. Harry groaned, running a hand through his messy hair and walked back to the front porch where Ginny was standing in her dressing gown, hugging her arms to herself. Harry walked up to her, lightly gripped her arms and placed a kiss to her forehead.

"Was he headed to the Malfoy's?" she asked and Harry nodded.

"I'm going to beat him there hopefully," Harry sighed and stepped past his wife into the house. He grabbed his cloak off the rack and slung it over his shoulders before turning back to a tired Ginny. He brushed her bed head out of her face and gave her an assuring look before walking out of the door. He made it to the end of the drive and apparated to the Malfoy Manor.

Harry hadn't been to Malfoy Manor in several years, the last time he was here was for a brief Auror mission, yet it still looked almost the same.

Once on the big lawn, he paced by their gate, noticing that the white peacocks didn't seem to be out this late.

He didn't know if he should wait out here to meet his son, or if Albus had already made it inside.

He waited no less than five minutes before walking up to their front door and knocking loudly.

It took a few moments but the large door eventually swung open revealing a small house elf, "Why hello sir. It is a late hour and Master did not tell Gimby that Sir would be having guests," the elf squeaked.

"Would you mind retrieving your master for me?" Harry asked.

"Yes Sir, Gimby will retrieve Master Draco for you, Sir," the house elf scurried off and left Harry waiting in the entryway.

It took longer for Draco to come to the door than it had for Gimby to answer it, but Harry didn't complain, it was an ungodly hour for someone to be knocking on your door.

Draco appeared in the entryway, looking ruffled like he had just been woken, but he had more formal robes on than pajamas.

"Potter?" he asked, confusion obvious in his tone, "What could you possibly need at this hour of the night?" The tall blonde approached Harry, eyeing him up and down skeptically.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but my son has run away from home. He told me he was coming here, so I figured I'd beat him here," Harry explained.

"Your son has run away and you come to me?" Draco asked.

"I wouldn't have if I didn't believe my son were here," Harry replied.

"Well I'll assure you that your son is not in my home. If there was a Potter in my home, I would know," Draco said stiffly.

Suddenly there was a scurrying behind Draco and someone squeaked and said, "Go, Al!"

Draco and Harry both quickly turned their attention to the two boys trying to escape up the stairs.

"Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy!" Draco called and the scrambling footsteps on the stairs came to a halt, "Both of you come down here at once and explain yourselves!" Draco demanded.

The two boys slowly made their way down the grand staircase, their heads ducked.

"Albus, do you think I'm an idiot?" Harry started, stepping forward but Draco put his hand out to stop him.

"Before you yell at them, let them explain themselves," he insisted.

Scorpius, who looked like a spitting image of his father at the age of twelve, spoke up, "It was my idea. Albus owled me saying that he wasn't getting along with his family and wanted a break from them, so I offered for him to stay over. Then Mr. Potter said no, so Albus and I made a plan for him to sneak over here."

"Thank you for telling the truth, Scorpius," Draco gave his son a polite nod.

"Yes, father," Scorpius replied.

"Is that true, Albus?" Draco asked.

Albus gave one simple nod like he always did.

"Would you like to explain why you don't get along with your family? Maybe your father can work it out?" Draco offered.

Harry wanted to punch the older Malfoy, how dare Draco talk to his son like that?

"He already knows," Albus replied, "He doesn't try to fix it. He doesn't care."

"Well he's here now, are you so sure that he doesn't care?" Malfoy asked.

Harry felt off. This wasn't the Malfoy he knew. He must be putting on an act, Harry assumed.

"He doesn't understand me, Scorpius does though," Albus answered.

"I want to understand," Harry replied, "I want to help."

"I don't need help!" Albus snapped, "I need you to leave me alone!"

••••

"Hermione, I don't know what to do, we try to reason with him, ask him what he wants, but he always snaps at us," Harry distressed.

"Do you think he needs to see a counselor? I could set him up with someone at the ministry, or even a muggle one," Hermione offered.

"That might help, but I feel like he'd kill us before he let us take him to a counselor," Ginny replied.

"James has admitted that he's sometimes scared of Albus, and that makes me so sad. How can you be scared of your own brother?" Ron asked rhetorically.

Harry sighed, "I know, that's what worries me. Do you really think a counselor would help?"

Hermione nodded and opened her mouth to reply but the kitchen door slammed open and Albus busted in, bearing his wand, "You won't send me to a counselor! I won't let you!"

Harry stood up and approached Albus, "Albus, put your wand down." That only made him jab it closer to Harrys chest.

"Don't touch me," Albus snapped, backing up to avoid Harry.

Hermione was still sat at the table, in shock at the scene in front of her.

"Albus, if you don't put your wand down, I'll take it," Harry threatened.

"You would never," Albus challenged.

"Watch me," Harry replied, advancing on Albus.

"No!" Albus shouted, casting a spell just as Harry gripped his biceps. The spell from his wand barely missed both Harry and Ginny, but it hit the table leg. The leg disintegrated making the table fall, all of the tea cups and and the flower vase shatter as they toppled to the floor.

"You won't take me to a mind healer or a counselor! I won't let you!" Albus screamed, kicking as Harry pinned him down and took his wand.

"Albus, you're dangerous! We have to do something," Ginny cried, tears falling down her cheeks as she warily stood over her husband and son. Albus didn't stop kicking and squirming, not caring where he kicked.

Hermione got up and quickly cast a calming charm on Albus, making his kicking cease. He glared at her but didn't yell like he wanted to, the charm preventing him from doing so.

••••

"What is your father doing at the staff table?" Scorpius asked, nudging Albus in the direction of his dad sitting up at the High Table.

Albus shrugged, "Probably on some stupid Auror business." He eyed his dad intensely all through the Sorting. His dad didn't make eye contact with him the entire time.

"Hey, Beccle isn't back," Scorpius pointed out just as Headmistress McGonagall stood up and silenced the hall.

"Good," Albus replied in his usual monotone voice.

McGonagall welcomed the new students then started introducing the new staff, "-and please give a warm welcome to our new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor, Auror Potter!"

James and the other Weasley's at Gryffindor table were the first to start clapping, and within seconds the rest of the Hall was clapping as Harry stood up to be welcomed.

"What?" Albus asked in disbelief, "No," he shoved himself away from the Slytherin table, "NO!" he yelled and stormed off out of the Great Hall. He barely even noticed as the Great Hall fell silent as they watched him run out, confused as to why Harry Potters own son was angry about him being there.

McGonagall pretended to ignore Albus' outburst and kept talking, "Auror Potter has agreed to take Professor Beccle's position until we find another replacement. He will also serve as an investigator on the acts of Dark Magic happening in the corridors recently. We hope that the student, or students putting on these acts are wise enough to discontinue the danger among students."

••••

"Hello and welcome to your first class of Defense Against the Dark Arts this year. I assume most of you know me, but that's a bit rude, so I'll introduce myself and I expect you to do the same. I'm Harry Potter, current Auror and father. I enjoy a good game of Quidditch and a good treacle tart," Harry winked and some of the girls in the back of the class giggled.

"How about you, what's your name?" Harry asked a Gryffindor girl sitting in the front row.

"Dena, Dena Anderson," she smiled up at him. He continued to have the students introduce themselves, hoping to learn their names.

He knew that this class was Slytherin and Gryffindor second years, so he knew Albus was supposed to be here, but he was not.

"Now before you ask - yes I do have experience teaching. During the war, I trained many of my classmates, teaching them spells I used against Voldemort. They all were excellent duelers once we finished," Harry assured them.

"Now, are there any questions before we get settled into class?" Harry asked, glancing over the class for hands.

A Slytherin boy Harry remembered was called Alfie Shastri raised his hand, "Yes! Alfie."

"Are you aware that someone is missing?" he asked in a tattle tale voice.

Harry hummed, "Yes, I am aware. Thank you for pointing it out though. I will take care of him later," Harry informed.

It wasn't until about 35 minutes into class that there was a knock on the door and Albus was being dragged in by the collar. The Gryffindor head boy seemed bored and unphased by Albus' kicking and thrashing.

"Here you are Auror Potter. I found him wandering the corridor with this," he held up a silky cloak and Harry immediately knew what it was.

"Ah, thank you Miles," Harry grabbed the Invisibility Cloak from the boy and stuffed it in his cloak pocket. Miles nodded and left the room. Albus angrily brushed off his robes while his father looked down at him with a questioning look.

The whole class was silent, everyone's attention on the father and son.

"Where did you get this?" Harry asked, gesturing to the cloak in his pocket.

"None of your business," Albus answered. Many of the kids' eyes went wide in shock.

"Oh yes, it is all of my business," Harry responded, folding his arms over his chest.

Albus rolled his eyes and scuffed his foot, "James gave it to me."

Harry shook his head, "James didn't give it to you. I know James."

Albus rolled his eyes, "Fine, I nicked it from James. Why'd you give it to him anyways?"

"Because I trust him," Harry replied.

Albus snarled, "And you wonder why I hate you."

Someone gasped and Albus rolled his eyes, "He already knows, it's not like it's news to him."

"Albus, calm down. Take a seat and we can finish this minor lesson," Harry instructed.

"I'd rather not."

"I'm in charge right now and you will listen to me," Harry said strictly.

Albus furrowed his eyebrows, "Don't talk to me like that," he stepped backwards toward the door, getting ready to make a run for it.

"Albus, do as I say. We don't want any trouble," Harry was calm, trying not to make a scene in front of his new class.

Albus rolled his eyes, then spun around and dashed to the open door. Harry was quick and whipped out his wand, making the door slam shut and lock so he couldn't escape.

Albus ran into the door on accident, it shut so fast. Albus let out an exasperated groan and pulled out his own wand. "Why do you even want me here?" he asked angrily, stepping towards his father with his wand pointed at him.

"Because this is where you are supposed to be," Harry replied, not lowering his own wand, completely aware of what Albus was capable of.

"Not even because I'm your son," Albus drawled. "What kind of father are you?"

Rose quickly stood up and went over to Albus and slapped him across the face. Albus clutched his face and stumbled backwards, taken back by Rose's unusual action.

"You need to stop acting like that to your dad!" she glared at him, her hands on her hips and ignoring his wand that was aimed at her chest.

"Rose-" Harry tried, stepping towards them.

"No, he was horrible to everyone this summer! I heard about why he didn't come to Shell Cottage with everyone else... If you or my mum won't do anything, I will," she said, directed towards Harry.

Scorpius stood up next and gripped Al's arm and whispered something in his ear.

"You side with them now?" Albus asked Rose harshly.

"I've always sided with them," she replied calmly.

Albus snarled and let Scorpius drag him to his seat where he slouched down in his chair and kept a glare on his face.

Harry couldn't believe he was about to say this, "Thank you, Scorpius." Scorpius just nodded.

Rose retuned to her seat and Harry went on with his little lesson.

••••

The Dark Magic attacks only got worse. Albus and Scorpius still never got caught, even with Harry on alert 24/7.

The attacks were so bad that people were starting to end up in the hospital wing at least once a month.

James slid into the empty seat next to Albus at the Slytherin table and tapped Al's shoulder, "Hey, do you know why Rose is in the hospital wing?" James asked.

"No," he lied, not even looking over at his brother, "Why would I?"

"Nobody knows who's doing the attacks," Scorpius added.

James huffed, "Someone's got to... You guys always read books on Dark Magic, are you sure it's not you? I know some people who think it's you," James said, his voice falling, scared of how Albus might react.

"It's not us," Albus lied, still not looking at James.

"Can you look me in the eyes and say it?" James challenged.

Scorpius fidgeted nervously and Albus dramatically turned to face James. He glanced at the freckles splattered across his cheeks then look straight into James' eyes. James' stomach turned uneasily, his brothers green eyes were cold and dark, and he couldn't detect any emotion.

"It's not me, or Scorpius, doing the attacks," Albus said in his usual eerie monotone voice.

James sighed, "Thanks," he glanced up at the staff table to see their dad chatting with Professor Longbottom.

Their cousin Lucy came up to the table with a worried expression, "Did you guys hear about what happened to Rose?"

"Yeah, we were just talking about that. Have you visited her yet?" James asked.

Lucy nodded, "Molly and I went up there, Hugo was with her. She's doing fine, she should be back in classes tomorrow. She wanted to talk to Albus though. I'm not sure why," she shrugged.

"Is it urgent?" Albus asked, like it inconvenienced him to talk to his injured cousin.

Before anyone could snap at Albus for being inconsiderate, Fred walked up to the group, "Hey, Rox and I were just going to go visit Rose. Want to tag along?"

"Albus should," James said, pushing Albus to his feet.

"Fine," Albus huffed, crossing his arms over his chest and shuffling his feet as he followed his cousins out of the Great Hall.

Albus only half payed attention to what the siblings were talking about, "I couldn't image having boils on my hands, they're too beautiful to be that nasty!" Roxanne gasped.

"That's right, your hands are too beautiful," Fred replied in a deadpan, sarcastic voice and Roxanne rolled her eyes, shoving Fred slightly.

"They're simple to get rid of if you know the proper counter-potion," Albus commented.

The two turned around to look at him, "And you know the counter-potion?" Roxanne asked.

Albus gave his usual simple nod, "It's a basic one. The curse itself was a basic one. The person who cursed her obviously wanted to do damage but not enough that it was permanent, or long lasting."

Fred gave him a skeptical look, "You sure know a lot about that..." Albus shrugged.

"Do you know who it was?" Roxanne asked. Albus shook his head.

"Then how do you know what their intention was?" Fred asked.

"Because, like I said, it's obvious. All the attacks these past two years have been bad, but not bad enough to seriously harm people. Just enough to make everyone scared of them."

"If they wanted people to be scared of them, why don't they show themselves?" Fred asked.

Albus rolled his eyes, "You'd have to be stupid to show yourself to the Head Auror after performing Dark Magic. Now I don't think the Aurors are that powerful, but unless someone's built up their own strength, the Ministry could take them down within seconds," he explained.

"So you think whoever it is, is building up their power before showing themselves?" Roxanne asked. They had reached the hospital wing.

Albus gave his usual nod, "Maybe they won't show themselves, but they're definitely building up their power. Besides the attack on Rose, they have been getting worse."

Roxanne shook her head, "Yeah... Poor Jonathan didn't need his bones to stretch four times their size, he's already tall enough as it is..."

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

15K 399 15
• • • When Voldemort assigns Malfoy the task of kidnapping Harry Potter and aiding The Dark Lord in finally killing The Chosen One, will the boy who...
187K 6.5K 42
Ever since Albus Potter lost his mother he was very rebellious. His father was gone most of the time so he had a bad boy facade. He was one of the mo...
268K 13.9K 24
"i think the world is falling apart and no one can make it better but you..." albus is in love. draining, destructive, deadly. he's stuck in somethin...
291K 12.1K 25
(popular albus x nerd scorpius) it's not scorpius's fault he's in love with albus potter. who isn't? as for albus, well, he's just trying to figure...