three a.m. ➳ zustin a.u.

De iamderekhale

what was supposed to be a 3 a.m. call to his ex turned into something far more. ©inspiringwifi | 2016 Mais

prologue ➳ at 3 a.m.
one ➳ call back
two ➳ 6a.m.
three ➳ ring ring
four ➳ is it too late now to say
five ➳ new message!
read this (please read it)
six ➳ beautiful
seven ➳ a for awkward
eight ➳ relationshits
nine ➳ snapchat me that
ten ➳ mama knows best
eleven ➳ here comes trouble
twelve ➳ pretty and petty
thirteen ➳ jack in a box
fourteen ➳ no pressure
fifteen ➳ fOoL fOr YoU
sixteen ➳ don't tell me you're my heartbreaker
snap [zustin]
seventeen ➳ wth
eighteen ➳ tweet tweet
nineteen ➳ let's start a riot
author's note
twenty ➳ far away
twenty one ➳ grass ain't greener
twenty three ➳ recovery
twenty four ➳ you plus me
twenty five ➳ hold tight
twenty six ➳ familiar faces
The DUFF (Zustin Mieber AU)
twenty seven ➳ chances
twenty eight ➳ top to bottom
twenty nine ➳ everybody hates bieber
thirty one ➳ bye bye lily
thirty two ➳ yes sir
epilogue ➳ mine

twenty two ➳ surprise

4.4K 304 443
De iamderekhale

JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY, WHO WANTS THAT JACKXJUSTINXZAYN THREESOME EVEN THOUGH AFTER THIS CHAPTER IT PROBABLY WONT HAPPEN BUT IM JUST WONDERING???? YAY OR NAY.

THE WAY YOU GUYS FREAKED OUT LAST CHAPTER LMAO I CANT BREATHE.

FREAKING OUT IS CORRECT BECAUSE IM GOING TO DROP THE BOMB ON LIAM IN THE CRUELEST WAY POSSIBLE. But hold your anxiety cause it's not this chapter.

Okay okay. Let's get to the chapter now before I get carried away.

BUT GUYS LOOK AT HOW ADORABLE AND BEAUTIFUL HE LOOKS OMG. ❤️

"I really wanna stay but I have to go Zee."

Zayn pouted, not at the fact that Jack was leaving but because of the sudden loss of warmth.

"Yay! Go away!"

Jack turned to give Louis a flat look whereas Louis only shrugged, "hey, it's not fun trying to watch a movie while you two are sucking each other's faces off."

"Like you and Harry do every second you're able to," Niall questioned before shoving a handful of popcorn into his mouth.

Harry rolled his eyes, "yeah well, you guys are used to us doing that so it's okay now."

Despite the ridiculously false statement, Zayn ignored it and helped Jack to the door.

"I had fun today, even though your friends are..."

"Annoying and nosey little bastards," Zayn finished off in a questioning tone.

"Yeah, that just about describes them. But still, they're cool people. I mean, I knew that from the beginning but this is the first time I've actually hung out with them."

"That's crazy," the British man commented, "I mean, I've hung out with you and your friends like a lot and you've never hung out with mine."

"They never wanted to hang out with me."

"That's not true, they're just not open to me being in a relationship just well."

Jack furrowed his eyebrows, "well did you not tell them that that's nothing they have to worry about? That what's between us is very casual."

"I have, but they don't understand that. I mean, given the amount of time that we spend with one another and how intimate we tend to be, I wouldn't believe me either."

"We're intimate because we can't keep our hands off one another."

"Yeah well they see it another way. But they don't hate you Jack," he assured, "they don't."

"Seems like it most of the time."

"Listen, Niall is just a big teddy bear who doesn't want to see me get hurt again. So when he sees me getting close to another guy, he gets weary because it's those who make me happiest that tend to hurt me the most... Louis is a jealous and overprotective best friend, so therefore, he isn't too fond of the fact that I've been spending so much time away from him and so much time with you."

"But he's at your place like everyday and I'm not."

"Yeah but... I don't know what I'm supposed to say after the but actually," Zayn realized, "there is no explanation for that part. He's just weird and overprotective and jealous, like I mentioned earlier."

"And Harry? What's his deal," asked Jack.

"Harry is still stuck in this fairytale land where Justin and I start dating and the world is filled with daises and lilies."

Zayn was sure Jack didn't want to, but it was very hard for the man to not roll his eyes upon hearing that sentence. The idea had that affect on everyone.

"Seriously? It's been over three months, and he seems like he's having a harder time letting go of Justin than you are."

"That's true but I don't know. Harry thinks that Justin was bluffing that night, that everything he said was just a lie. He's mad at the dick, yeah, but he stills wants to see the two of us together. I don't get it but it's Harry we're talking about here, when does anyone really understand his reasoning for anything?"

"True," said the younger man, "but whatever. I mean, we can't stop Harry from thinking whatever Harry wants to think."

"No we cannot."

"I just know that truth or lie, Justin shouldn't have said what he said and he shouldn't have done what he did, it didn't make sense. If I were open to a relationship right now and if you were emotionally stable enough I would be on my knees begging you to be my boyfriend," Jack admitted, "you're a great guy Zayn and you deserve great things, you deserve a great boyfriend. It's not often that guys like you come around and Justin and all your exes should've noticed that by now. It's their loss nonetheless, but you didn't deserve the pain that they caused. It wasn't fair and I hope you never have to go through any of that again."

It wasn't that Zayn was really suggesting anything, in fact, he didn't want to share anything with Jack, but something was just itching at him, "you speak so highly of me... yet every time someone brings up the idea of us dating you almost sound offended, why?"

Jack blinked at Zayn as if he weren't human, then his eyes softened a bit. He tilted his head sideways, small smile forming, "I'm offended on your behalf Zee. You're way too good to me Zayn, too good for me. I don't deserve you. I don't think any guy really does because no one will be able to treat you the way you deserve to be treated."

"What? Jack, that's ridiculous. I'm—"

"Amazing," Jack finished off, taking Zayn's hand in his, "you're amazing. You're absolutely stunning, and you're intelligent, you're caring and you're the biggest pain in the ass I've ever met but there's never a dull moment when you're around. You're not perfect because no one is, but you're as close to perfect as perfect is..."

"Jack. Are you—"

"Falling for you? If that's what you were about to ask, yeah, I am. But I will never try to take this any further because you need someone better than me. And I am very happy with what we have, but Zayn or Jayn or whatever my friends call isn't our destiny."

"You believe in destiny?"

"I do," Jack nodded, "I do."

"Hmm."

Now that all those beans were spilled, Zayn wasn't sure what to say. And it seemed like Jack read his mind because he parted from the British man  a moment later.

"I think I'm gonna go now."

"Yeah."

"Alright, uh," he trailed off, "I'll see you soon?"

"Definitely."

As Jack walked away Zayn realized that they had forgotten to do something pretty significant to their arrangement.

"Wait Jack," he called out, following after the man.

The second Jack turned around, Zayn dragged him in for a soft and savoring kiss, having the younger man place both hands on the sides of Zayn's waist.

This kiss lasted longer than most of their goodbye kisses. Possibly because Jack held on a little tighter. Or maybe it's because Zayn doesn't want to crush Jack's faith, maybe it's because Zayn thinks the man deserves this. But nonetheless, they there in the halls, kissing for what felt like eternity when it was probably three minutes tops.

When they finally broke apart, Jack was smiling and well, his smile is contagious so he had Zayn smiling too.

"Thank you," he whispered softly, stroking Jack's cheek with his thumb, "what you said means a lot to me."

He paused for a moment just to watch the way Jack's smile widened, "you really are extraordinary. And I don't deserve you because you're too good for me. I don't know what we're doing anymore but I can't go on knowing that you feel this way about me..."

Jack's smile fell immediately and Zayn wanted it to come back, to make sure things were okay, but what he had left to say ensured that it probably wouldn't, "I can't care about you the way you care about me and sooner or later one of us is going to get hurt... that person won't be me. I'm sorry Jack, but I can't allow myself to break your heart like I've gotten my heart broken time after time. You're too good for that."

"You were right about one thing though, we aren't destined to be together," then in a broken whisper, "I'm sorry Jack."

Jack wrapped his hands around Zayn's wrists and slowly began to glide them off his cheeks.

"No," he said, "I'm sorry."

And without another word, Jack walked away, disappearing once he turned down another hall without a single glance back.

Zayn blinked back the tears that threatened to escape, pained by the fact that he had just hurt someone filled with such great intentions.

He stood there a while longer, feeling glued to that spot. But then Louis walked out of the opened door of his apartment, "Zayn, we're getting hungry so we're gonna order a pizza. Will you get off of Jack long enough to tell me— hey, where'd Jack go," Louis asked, no longer focusing on his phone.

"I broke things off with him," he responded, not finding the courage to look back at his best friend, "and I think I broke his heart too."

-

Zayn still felt pretty terrible about everything after an hour, which made sense since what he did was pretty terrible.

Therefore, he sent a text because that's all he was currently capable of doing.

Zayn: I'm sorry.

And because Jack isn't the biggest asshole in the world, he actually got response.

Jack: It's okay. I get it

Zayn: You don't.

Jack: I do. You think you're not good enough for me but I think the opposite. And you just don't feel the same but it's seriously okay. I know this sounds cliche, but I really just want you to be happy. Even if it's with that idiot you can't get over.

Jack: I just want you to smile every moment you're awake and then some.

Jack made it impossible to not miss him, but again, this was what was best for the both of them.

Zayn was getting ready to reply when the door bell rung. He snatched the twenty off the table, shouting out, "I got it," over his shoulder before walking off to his door.

As he pulled the door open, he cheered, "pizzzaaaaa," and flinched upon seeing, "...flowers? Pizza and flowers, a whole lot of flowers... Uh, I think you've got the wrong place for the flowers buddy."

There were certainly a lot of flowers, a variety of them too. There were dozens, enough to block the pizza delivery guys face.

"Flowers," he heard Harry say from inside before the sound got louder indicating that Harry was closer, a three yards behind him to be specific, "ooh, flowers. That's a lot of flowers. Jack works fast."

Jack? Jack. That didn't make much sense but it made more sense than any other explanation at the moment.

"What am I supposed to do with all these flowers," he questioned instead of saying, what the fuck is wrong with him, like he planned on voicing.

"Accept them."

The voice startled Zayn, mostly because that was certainly not the voice of the pizza delivery man he's gotten used to. That's a voice he's more familiar with, but Zayn must be hallucinating because there's absolutely no way—

"When did Jimmy's change their uniform," Niall asked, eyeing the rather casual attire.

"I don't know but I'm taking these flowers if Zayn won't."

That's exactly what Harry did, grabbing the large bouquet from the top of the pizza which was possibly the worst idea known to man.

"What the fuck?" That was Louis' voice for sure; Louis' angry voice, Louis' someone's-about-to-die voice. Zayn hates that voice.

"Well this is turning out to be an eventful day," Niall commented.

Meanwhile, Harry was possibly internally freaking out because he wasn't saying anything and Zayn wasn't looking at him either so he wasn't sure.

Zayn wasn't looking at any of his friends actually. He was too focused on the man standing right before him, the man who was gazing into his eyes like they were dazzling jewels. The same man who broke his heart not too long ago.

Yeah, that man.

"Justin?"

"Hi Zayn," the Canadian greeted.

It looked like he was contemplating on smiling or not, but the urge to show those pearly white teeth seemed to be too strong. Justin was smart enough to not smile too wide because this was definitely not the situation. But the small smile he gave still made Zayn's knees a little weak, like it did every single time.

It was silent for far too long, everyone possibly waiting for a real reaction coming from Zayn.

But in all honesty, Zayn wasn't sure what to do. The possibilities were endless. For example, he could slap Justin or punch Justin, he could smack the burning hot pie in Justin's face, he could have Louis murder Justin and hide all the evidence.

Or, he could slap the pizza box away and jump on Justin, kiss Justin and tell him how much he missed him. He could embrace Justin, and shower him in love and passion.

Zayn did none of the above.

He decided the struggle to pick a situation where he had to deal with Justin's presence was too much.

So instead, he slammed the door in Justin's face.

[~]

BOOM!

Just to clear two things up that people probably have questions on:
1) Justin knew Zayn's address because they've spoken about his before, not in a chapter but y'know, they've been really close so the two gave one another their addresses just in case.
2) Justin had the pizza with him because he saw the pizza delivery guy heading towards Zayn's door and paid for it and all that good stuff. That'll be explained in the next chapter.

BTW THIS IS JUSTIN'S OUTFIT FOR THIS CHAPTER AND NEXT AND IT PROBABLY DOESNT MATTER TO YOU GUYS BUT THIS IS V IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ME JA FEEL CAUSE LOOK AT HOW GOOD HE LOOKS TO GO SEE HIS BABY AWW YES YES YES

But yikes, Zayn didn't take it that great? Would've hoped for a better meet up than that but shit happens.

And poor Jack, but Jack is a very understanding and great person, y'know?

Anyways, sorry for that cliffhanger (I'm really not) BUT NEXT CHAPTER [HOPEFULLY] coming soon.

I love you guys so soooooooooo fucking much. ❤️

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

2.3K 30 36
What happens when your ex/friend with benefits moves in next door at the worst time possible. When everything is finally going great they come to rui...
10.1K 532 17
❝𝗜 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝖮𝖴𝖳 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝖱𝖮𝖠𝖣, 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘 𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝖢𝖮𝖭𝖳𝖱𝖮𝖫.❞ 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗗 | 𝟰/𝟳 𝗣𝗨𝗕𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗛𝗘𝗗 | 𝟰/𝟵 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦...
59.4K 2.2K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...
821K 29.1K 64
Continued from Instant Love IV: Blessings All Rights Reserved to ChristinaLaNise ©2015