Solar Flares (book 2 in the D...

By Kiyah_Shigaraki

Four years after Rolland Hopkins Won his Trial and Lucas Carver Finally broke his silence of abuse Lucas Carv... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen (Epilogue)

chapter One

45 2 1
By Kiyah_Shigaraki

***JEREMI POV***

The Sound of Crying wakes me up. I groan and peak over at my Alarm clock. The harsh green numbers Screamed Three AM at me. I groan again and roll back over, curling up to my boyfriend.

"Lucas, Its your turn." I mumble around a huge yawn. Lucas grunts and stretches before climbing out of bed and heading to the Nursery. I smile sleepily when I hear his voice on the baby monitor.

"Hey Baby girl what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He says gently and I can imagine him picking up the small baby and cradling her in his arms. "Shhh Don't cry, Daddy's here." He whispers, his voice growing distant which means he was going to the small rocking chair in her room. I can still hear Regan whimpering but Lucas was making soothing noises to calm her down. I Fall asleep to the sounds of my boyfriend and our daughter, a smile on my face.

***LUCAS POV***

I place Regan back in her Crib after about half an hour of rocking her to sleep. The poor child was starting to teeth and would wake up in the middle of the night screaming and crying. I had given her a cold teething ring which had helped her fall back to sleep. I look down and smile. This was my daughter. I was half the reason she was alive. Who knew that four years after high school I would be a father? Who knew I would be engaged to the girl I had been crushing on all through high school. Who knew the kid I use to Torment would become my Brother in law? I shake my head as I stare at my daughter. Her small foot twitches and I chuckle softly. She was deffinatly like her mother in the twitching in her sleep department. I bend down and kiss her small forehead.

"I love you Regan." I whisper. Before leaving the room I make sure the baby monitor was still working and head back to my room. I slip in and smile as I see Jeremi curled up sound asleep. I quietly move around the bed and slide under the covers laying on my back. Jeremi stirs and opens her chocolate brown eyes.

"IS she asleep?" She asks, her voice thick with her own sleep. I nod my head and open my arms for her to curl up against my side, her head on my chest. I kiss her forehead and rub her back as she drifts back to sleep. I watch her in the dark room and smile. My life had certainly turned around since high school that was for damn sure. I tighten my hold on her and rest my head against the top of hers and feel myself slipping into sleep.

*******

"Lucas Get your lazy ass out of bed! You'll be late for class!" Jeremi yells later on that morning. I groan and throw a pillow onto my face trying to block out the sun that was filtering in through  the blinds. Damn blinds, we need new ones. I heard the bedroom door open and feel something being placed on the bed. Next thing I know I feel small hands grabbing at my pillow making me instantly smile. I take the pillow off my face and peer down at Regan who was staring at me with Dark brown eyes.

"Now this is the way to wake up." I say making her smile wide and giggle, clapping her hands together. I laugh and snake my hands out of the blanket, picking her up and rolling onto my back I place her on my stomach making her giggle. "Good morning baby girl." I say tickling her stomach. I look up to see Jeremi leaning in the doorway smiling at us. "Well hello there mama." I say holding my hand out for her. She pushes off the door and stretches her hand to place in mine. I draw her close and kiss her stomach making her smile and Regan giggle. "Two best things in my life" I mumble. Jeremi bends down and plucks Regan off my stomach.

"Get up! You're going to be late for your first class" She says putting Regan on her hip and walking out of the room to make breakfast. I groan. I so didn't want to go to my first class this morning. I drag myself out of bed and quickly grab my clothes before taking a quick shower. I make my way To the Kitchen, grateful that the house was one story with a killer basement, and kiss Regan ,who is in her high chair, on the top of the head. I grab a bowel and make myself some fruity pebbles, walking over to my messenger bag  to make sure I had everything I needed for class. "Hey is it still ok if Rolland and Oliver come over tonight?" Jeremi asks giving Regan some cheerios. I shrug as I look over my homework.

"Doesn't matter to me, as long as they keep that Dog at their place." I say stuffing the work back in the bag. Oliver was Jeremi's Twin brother and Rolland was his Husband. They lived together a few miles away and were raising Rolland's younger brother. Oliver was also my biggest target back in my bullying days in high school. I shudder as old familiar guilt claws at my stomach. I had almost killed him once when I had punched him in the chest. He has a condition that made his chest cave in, his heart actually displaced. He has since gotten surgery to fix his chest so its not caved in. Butt still every time I saw him in our swimming pool I remember how awful I use to be to him. I flick my eyes to the clock. "Shit I'm Late!" I cry. Jeremi glares at me and smacks me upside the head, making me spill my cereal.

"No swearing in front of the baby!" She says sternly. I pout at her.

"Jeremi its not like she can talk yet anyway. and look you made me spill my food!" I put my bowel down and grab a rag, quickly cleaning up the mess before finishing getting ready. I grab my bag, make sure my phone was in my pocket and kiss my Daughter and girlfriend before grabbing the keys and heading out the door. I beam at my car. It was a two-thousand and fourteen yellow Chevy Camaro, that I had named Bumblebee Jr. Granted it wasn't the best car for a child but I just couldn't part with it. I look over at Jeremi's Toyota Highlander and roll my eyes. She could have the baby car I can have my early mid life crisis car, I was perfectly fine with that. I unlock the car and toss my bag in the seat next to me. I hook up my phone to the radio and blast my music as I take off toward the community collage. Mechanic Engineering Here I come!

***JEREMI POV***​

I shake my head when I hear the pounding base of Lucas's music as he peels out of the driveway. I look at Regan and smile as I watch her eat her food.

"Regan your daddy is crazy" I say making her look up at me. She hold out a Cheerio for me and I nibble on her fingers as I take it causing her to go into hysterical giggling. I smile as my heart swells. This child was the best thing to ever happen to me. My phone rings out my brother's ring tone and I quickly snatch it off the table

"I'm beautiful in my way 'Cause God makes no mistakes I'm on the right track, baby I was born this way Don't hide yourself in regret  Just love yourself and you're set I'm on the right track, baby I was born this way" The phone sings away. I accept the call and put it to my ear

"Hey Twin darling How's it going?" I say cradling the phone between my ear and shoulder. I take Lucas's bowel of cereal and start to clean it, sticking it in the dishwasher for later. I hear barking in the background and roll my eyes. That damn dog was a menace to society.

"Hey I was just calling to see if we were still on for later? Allen will be at his girlfriend's house." He says "HEY PANTHER KNOCK IT OFF!" He shouts and I hear the dog barking again.

"Yes we are still on for tonight, just keep that damn dog home!" I say laughing when I hear Oliver Yelp.

"Yeah he'll stay home. He's been acting up more then normal lately." He says sounding annoyed. I laugh again. We chat a little longer until Regan starts to get fussy in her chair.

"Hey bro I'll see you later tonight I have to go, Regan needs a change and I need to get a few things for tonight."

"alright. I have to go too anyways. I have a little hell to raise. "He says hanging up. I shake my head at his Supernatural reference. Oh Oliver he hasn't changed one bit. I hang up and stick the phone in my pocket as I go back to Regan.

"I'm sorry princess do you need out?" I say picking her up and putting her on my hip. I head back to her nursery and lay her down on the changing table, grabbing a diaper from underneath. I quickly change her diaper and put her into a small dress, slipping on shoe like slippers onto her kicking feet. When she is all set I put her in her crib, turn the baby monitor on and give her some teething rings so I can go quickly take a shower. I shower in record time and quickly run around the house putting together her diaper bag and getting ready to do errands all day. Once everything is in order I go back into her room and pick her up, going out to the car to put her in her car seat. Once in the car myself I hook my own phone up and listen to my Own music, though it wasn't much better then Lucas's

"Welcome to the panic room, it's my dark place  Lock myself away from you and I cant escape  When you've got nothing to lose paranoia sets in  And no matter what you do, I'm never gonna let you in  Panic, panic  Welcome to the panic room!"  Theory of a Deadman sings to me and I smile as a memory reaches me. It was of the first time Lucas was ever nice to me. I had had a fight with my then boyfriend Lewis and he had smacked me and thrown me to the ground. Lucas had seen and had ripped Lewis off me and helped me. He had been so gentle with me making sure I wasn't hurt. He had let me pick the music in the car when he took me home and I had settled on the Song Drown by T.O.A.D. He went on to talk about all the concerts he had seen of them. I never told him but I had clung to every word, they had helped me calm down from what I had just been through. He had helped me from falling apart. I think I started to fall in love with him then. Regan whimpers in the backseat and I look in the rearview mirror to see her trying to reach down to grab her toy that had fallen.

"Hang in there baby I'll get it for you in a minute we're almost at the store." I say soothingly, though she just ignores me and starts to cry. I sigh, flick on my blinker, and pull over to the side of the road. Making sure I was far enough on the side of the road I put the car in park before turning around and plucking the teething ring off hte floor. It had dirt all on it and I wrinkle my nose. "No baby you cant have this now, Its all dirty." I sigh as she reaches for it. She lets out a cry and kicks her feet. Shaking my head I get out of the car and go around to the trunk, grabbing the diaper bag and getting another one out for her. Getting back in the car I hand her the new one which she snatches out of my hands and instantly sticks in her mouth, her two bottom teeth poking it. I laugh and start the car back up, waiting for a break in traffic before pulling back onto the road.

Yup, This was my life now. And to be honest. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.6K 985 24
Meet Alexandria Frost, 17 years old, Beautiful,but hides under over-sized hoodies and long jeans and With perfect grades, She definitely earned the t...
26.7K 1.2K 54
Three years a widower, Graham Morgan had a lot to juggle with being mayor and raising his six-year-old son. His friends encouraged him to date again...
94.3K 4.4K 122
"Why?" "I wish I could tell you why" "Why can't you?" "I fear that I will hurt you...
11K 363 27
Growing up Charlotte Parker and Tyler Andrews were close and when he cut off all contact after he went off to college, she was heartbroken, but fate...