Chapter Eight

***LUCAS POV***

"Not even if its about your parents?"

I stare at him in Horror.

"M-M-My parents?" I stutter out, my voice barely a whisper. I see an evil grin spread across his face and my guard instantly goes up. "What about my parents? They're in jail." I snap,  my fear turning to anger. He just shakes his head and sighs.

"Honestly Lucas I'm surprised at you. How long have we been out of high school?" He says talking to me like he was talking to a small child. I think back.

"Four Years..... SHIT!" I've been out of high school for four years. My mother was only sentenced for four years. She was getting out this year. "My mother." I hiss. Arnold nods.

"You know my father is friends with one of the O.Cs who work there. He told my father your mother is getting out this month, actually this week to be exact. And your father. H-"

"What about my father? He still has three years in that hell." I snap, my fear spilling back into my voice. My father was a horrible man, he had abused me since I was seven years old up until I was seventeen and finally broke my silence, thanks to Rolland helping me. Arnold shakes his head and actually has the decency to look sad.

"You father is getting out on good behavior. This week as well." He says quietly and everything in me freezes. My father? getting out?

"THIS WEEK!?" I shout, my voice high with hysteria. Arnold nods, a guilty look on his face.

***ARNOLD POV***

I watch as fear creeps into Lucas's face, guilt kicks me. I had been his best friend and I didn't stop his abuse. He thought I didn't know But I did. IT was slightly obvious when you knew Lucas as well as I did. I never said anything because I knew Lucas didn't want me to, he just wanted to sweep it under the rug and pretend it didn't exist. But I was wrong, I wish I had done something about it. I wish I had told someone. Then maybe I wouldn't have lost my friend and he wouldn't have had to suffer. That's why I was warning him now. Maybe if I warn him now I could get my friend back. Maybe that Bitch Jeremi wouldn't take him from me anymore. Lucas shoves a hand through his hair as he lets out a shaky breath. He turns to walk away but I grab his arm.

"Listen lets get out of here. You need to take your mind off of this." I say, mentally cringing when I hear the desperation in my voice. I was Arnold Fucking Gordon! I don't Beg! But here I was begging my high school best friend to hang out with me like a clingy girlfriend. Lucas yanks his arm from my grasp and my hand falls back to my side.

"Thanks for the warning But I need to be with my family." He says and heads toward the house.

"There was a time when you considered me like family!" I shout and I see him wince, but he says nothing. Just runs to the house and slams the door shut. "Bastard" I mutter and turn to walk back to the old hotel where I had been staying for the past few weeks.

***LUCAS POV***

"There was a time when you considered me like family!" He shouts behind me and I cant help the Cringe. It was true. Arnold had been like a brother to me, a safe haven to run to when my life was a living hell. And here I was abandoning him. But I say nothing to the jab and run back to the house. Jeremi Looks up from the couch and frowns when she sees me.