Dominated by the Tycoon (manx...

By ladydianna01

**Back by Popular Demand** If you read "The CEO Commands" you were introduced to Gavin, the little cutie that... More

Dominated by the Tycoon (manxman)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 **Bonus Chapter**
Epilogue

Chapter 3

97.1K 3.1K 283
By ladydianna01

Chapter 3

Gavin’s POV…

(The Rossetti's Pizza----->)

 Finally after days on that damn bus curled up in a corner, I was finally here. I stepped on the final step off the bus and onto the depot platform. It was still early evening and I wanted some decent food. I have lived off of the Angel’s canned tuna or chicken salad and crackers for the last three days but don’t get me wrong; those things saved me from leaving the bus and mingling with others. I was scared out of my mind and the idea of getting off and being noticed it almost rendered me immobile most times.

 I weaved my way on shaky legs through the throng of people inside the bus station, I was anxious to get outside and see the infamous city. I wanted to get a slice a pizza and I needed to look for somewhere to stay. Then after a good night’s sleep I can look for a job. Yeah, that sounded like a good plan. My eyes scanned around and I saw a sign advertising “The Visitors Information Desk”, I trudged my way and my eyes went wide at the giant map on the wall. Taking a calming breath I deliberated over the multi selections of maps and tourists guides and etcetera. Finally I just looked up onto the map and found my exact location. I grabbed a guide of hotels and motels and another map of the city.

 Making sure my backpack was strapped up securely; I was wearing like a baby carrier, to the front. I was more than paranoid about someone trying to grab my stuff, people always talked about the abnormal level of crime in the big cities. Pushing my way outside, a gush of cool air hit me in the face. All I could smell was exhaust fumes and a million other things I couldn’t even begin to put a name to. People rushed by quickly, no one took any notice of me or even made eye contact with me. Everyone seemed to have somewhere to be and was in a hurry to get there. I stepped out into the crowd and was bumped and jostled for a little bit until I gained my footing and kept up with the crowd. I scanned the street looking for somewhere to pull aside without being trampled.

 I saw a little Italian eatery sign ahead and I rushed forward and literally hopped into the doorway. Sheesh, the pace here was definitely faster than back home. I pushed the door open and the delicious wave of Italian spices slapped me in the face and made my stomach growl something awful. A plump woman was wiping off the small table top right next to me when she heard my stomach. Her head snapped up and she studied me before she said, “You sound like you need food young man,” her hands now on her ample hips.  “I am Gina Rossetti, my husband and I own this restaurant.” She explained as she ushered me to a table. I noticed from the corner of my eye how she was gazing at my bruised face, and I ducked my head just a little bit, embarrassed, I should have kept my hoodie up but I didn’t want her to think I was going to rob the place or something.

 I just followed in her wake and I took a seat, pulling off my backpack and putting in the seat right beside me.

 “So little one, tell me what you fancy, heh, or do you want a menu?” She asked her hands back on those hips.

 I knew what I wanted so I just told her. “Two slices of pepperoni pizza and a coke please.” I said as I pulled a twenty from my pocket.

 She waved me off, “pay after you eat.” Then she yelled out. “Carlo, two slices of the pepperoni pie.”

 I pulled out the hotel guide and began looking through it. Mrs. Rossetti had bustled off to get my soda. I checked the battery charge on my phone and I only had one bar. I needed to find a place before nightfall to plug it in and call the girls; I know they were worrying about me. She came back and set the large glass filled to the brim with fizzy cola on the table when she noticed what I was reading. I knew she saw my bruised and battered face, but she didn’t make an issue of it. She hovered for a minute so I looked up at her and said. “Go ahead and ask?”

 She immediately took a seat across from me with compassion burning in her gaze. “I didn’t want to pry but your face looks like you did a couple rounds with someone or something that meant you harm in the worst way. Did you run away from someone or something, and your accent doesn’t place you as being from round here.” She cautiously stated as she again studied my battered face.

 I took a deep breath and I explained to her what had happened to me. Sometime during the explanation her husband had joined her standing at her side as my tale unfolded. The next thing I knew my face was stuffed between an ample bosom and my head was being rubbed and patted, like I was the family pet. She cooed and fussed over me and it felt nice. For some stupid reason I felt the tears gather behind my eyes. Here was a complete stranger comforting me in a way my own family refused to do and I found myself sobbing into the soft chest like a five year old kid. Taking comfort from the warmth and the scent of vanilla and freesia that clung to her skin.

 “Hush now little one. Eat and let’s figure out what you gonna do next.” She said, and Mr. Rossetti patted my shoulder and went to tend to some other customers. I thanked her quietly and went to my food. The first bite was like heaven and I quickly made my way through the two slices. I was getting ready to order more, when she dropped another plate on of pizza on the table and bustled away with the empty one. I smiled at her retreating back and went back to stuffing my face.

 The bell over the door jingled as the last customer left with their piping hot take away of Italian goodness.  “Okay you say you looking for somewhere to stay. I talked to Carlo and he say you can use the cot in the back and I have a nephew Gino, he is like you and he works at a club Uptown, maybe he can get you work, in the meantime you stay and help out here, we can’t afford to pay you much, but we can work it out in boarding.” She said as once again her husband the silent Carlo joined her side.

 I stared at them wide eyed, then I squealed and hopped out of my chair hugging them both almost knocking them to the floor, but I was so happy, shit, two problems solved in my first hour of coming here. This was definitely a good omen. “Ohthankyouthankyou.” I chirped over and over again.

 They managed to disentangle my slender arms from their necks and Mr. Rossetti led me through the kitchen towards the back of the restaurant, he explained that he used to use the room for when he had to get up early to make the pasta, that was until when they had saved enough to buy the apartments above the restaurant now the room was just an extra space. He showed me the room it had a twin bed and a little nightstand with a lamp, he took me across the hall and showed me a small bathroom, it had a shower in the corner the drain on the concrete floor and no curtain, but it was better than nothing and they wouldn’t hear not one word of complaint from me.

 I thanked him again and asked him if there was anything that he needed me to do right now and he just shook his head and told me to settle in and wash my travels off and that tomorrow is a new day. I reached into my pocket to pay for my food and I tried to hand him the money but he shook it off and smiled kindly at me before going back to the kitchens. I found myself tearing up again when I looked around the meager contents of the room. It looked like a palace to me; I sent a silent prayer for these two caring people and thanked the Lord for his favor.

 I secured my money and pulled out a change of clean clothes. Stowing my backpack under the bed and opened the room door and peered down the hall, I could hear the sounds of pots simmering and smell the scents of the spices used. I just stepped out of the room when another back door opened and Mrs. Rossetti came bustling through it, and in her arms were towels and bottles of soap and shampoo and stuff.

 “Oh there you are little one, here these are for you, go refresh yourself the restaurant closes in another hour so just relax tonight and I will call Gino in the morning.” She said as she handed me all the stuff. I thanked her and continued to the little bathroom the thought of a hot shower almost sent me into fits of euphoria. I quickly closed the door and stripped out of the wrinkled clothes. I turned the knobs and adjusted the temperature of the water. Once it was warm I submerged my whole body underneath the flow. My bandages have long since been removed days ago on the bus, and the finger splints I removed earlier in my room.

 I stood there and almost did the happy dance while I lathered myself frothy with the vanilla scented soap, rinsed and did it again. I washed my hair and sighed in the simple pleasure of being clean. Turning off the water I grabbed one of the fluffy towels Mrs. R. had so generously supplied. I dried myself and took the time to access my cuts and bruises. The ones on my chest and stomach were healing nicely still discolored but not throbbing like they were. My thighs and legs were another matter, my right calf still looked swollen and it was beginning to throb now that I am moving around and not sitting anymore. The ones on my arms were a sickly yellow but again healing okay.

 I turned and looked into the little hanging mirror on the wall, my mood just crashed from jubilant and optimistic to pitiful just that quickly as I looked at my damaged face, no wonder the poor woman and her husband took pity on me. Even days after my face was still abnormally swollen, my lip was scabbed over and my eye was still a horrible mix of purple and black, everything else was like a putrid green and yellow mass of bruises. I turned away in disgust. I quickly pulled on my boxers and the sweats; I opened the door and quietly made my way back to my room. I was surprised to see and huge mug sitting there on the nightstand with what looked like hot chocolate and with a little bowl of pudding. I smiled at the gesture; those people were really salt of the earth decent.

 Closing the door and neatly placed my soiled clothes on the only chair in the room. I put the toiletries in the cubby under the night stand and used the tiny closet door to hang my damp towel. Once that was done I dug out my back pack and got my Tylenol out, I hated taking the hard stuff this would work just fine in easing my pain. I took a sip of the hot chocolate to swallow my pills and my eyes nearly rolled back into the back of my head, it was so good. I took my time savoring it and nibbling on the pudding. I made a mental note to ask Mrs. R. what this was, it was so yummy.

 Finishing up and I picked up the phone and pushed the speed dial button for Janice. I was so happy that I finally had something good to tell her and not having to have her reassure me and bolster my courage just to go and pee in a public rest stop along the way. I felt like I was a huge trial for her constantly calling and asking her or Karla to talk to me until I was able to settle down and they did, one night Karla sat on the phone with me for almost two hours before my minutes ran out. I felt so guilty about that because by sunrise my minutes were topped up again, and then Janice called and took her turn reassuring me and comforting me. God, I missed them, even after the small amount of time I had spent with them.

 Janice picked up on the second ring like she always did. She fired off question after question about my health, if I am okay and where was I? I let her get it out of her system before I systematically began to answer her questions one by one. I explained to her what happened and where I went after getting off the bus. I told her the name of the restaurant and about the Rossetti’s, she wrote down the information and said it was just for safety at least she would know where I was. She was more than happy that I wasn’t shivering on the street and she told me to mind my manners and call her after talking to this Gino guy about a job. She told me that she was going to pass it on to Karla when she got home from work.

  She carefully steered away from any mention or information on my family of which I was grateful for. She knew that I considered myself an orphan now and that nothing about those people will hold any interest to me ever again. I know being brought up in the church you are supposed to forgive, but I can’t and won’t. They went against the Lord’s teachings by just doing this me for something I had no control over all the name of being upstanding Christians. Well they could burn in hell. I sighed and told Janice I loved her. There was no point in me sitting here getting all riled up about crap I can’t change. I had to look ahead now and figure out a way for me now. So I hung up with my Angel and carried my used dishes back to the kitchen.

 I noticed the pile of dirty plates and things and I asked Mr. R if I could help. He smiled and patted me on the head. He showed me how to load the industrial dishwasher and once that was done he shooed me off telling me to get some rest. I pattered back to my room and closed the door. I lay down on the bed and closed my eyes. Sleep came quickly after days of uncomfortable napping, jumping at every sound and paranoid for my safety. Here with this beautiful couple I found peace for the first time on so many days.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 19.8K 27
~BOOK 1 Saviour series ~ **UNDER RECONSTRUCTION** Not everything is as it seems. Evan has never been loved, never been cared for. He has always been...
1M 30.8K 67
Book 1: The Submissive Series Xander is the Alpha of the Crimson Moon Pack, the most powerful Pack in the supernatural world. He is a strong and po...
5.2M 174K 69
Black Moon Series Book #1 Warning: Mature content, graphic language, gay, polyamorous French food is my healthy pleasure. Sex is my stress-relief ple...
474K 7.5K 30
He leaned down very slowly and my eyes fell to his lips before snapping back up. He gently pressed his lips against mine, moving slowly at first befo...