More than an I.T. girl

By Oncer993

Felicity Smoak's life consisted of home and work. She was just existing but not really living. That, however... More

One. A Queen function
Two. Best foot forward
Four. Oliver Queen apologizes
Five. A night out
Six. Oliver Queen: Billionaire, CEO, Vigilante?!
Seven. I need a girl Wednesday
Eight. Where's Walter?
Nine. Where to go from here?
Ten. Dead end
Eleven. This changes everything
Twelve. Almost
Thirteen. The old Oliver Queen
Fourteen. Rescue and Comfort
Fifteen. You never have to thank me
Sixteen
Seventeen. Distance
Eighteen. (I don't even remember what I named it now)
Nineteen
Twenty. Team Arrow goes undercover
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three. Live to fight another day
Twenty four. Feels like home
Twenty five. Her secret
Twenty six. Too far
Twenty seven
Twenty eight. Too good to be true
Ending

Three. Little favors

815 26 5
By Oncer993

"Oliver are you sure you don't want to go home?" John asked for the 100th time as he watched Oliver stumble off of the Elevator.

"I'm sure, John." Oliver steadied himself against the now closed elevator door.

Last night was rough to say the least. He was injected with something and he needed to know exactly what it was. There was only one person who could help him: Felicity. She hadn't been in her cubicle, but he was told that she should be around the area somewhere.

"You're going to fall flat on your ass and I'm going to have to haul you out of here, Aren't I?" John shook his head as he hovered near Oliver.

Oliver gripped his fist tightly at his side. He didn't have the energy to go back and forth with John. Not now.

"Over there," John pointed.

Felicity was talking with a co-worker who had just said goodbye to return to their work. Coffee in hand, she was heading back to her cubicle as well.

"Oliver?" Felicity looked to see John was right by his side as well as they both approached her. "John, Hi."

"Hello Felicity," John returned.

"Felicity," Oliver tried to steady his vision, but the windows Felicity stood in front of, that seemed to be unusually bright this morning, literally hurt his eyes.

He thought about pushing her aside, but he couldn't if he tried. And well, he wasn't actually going to push her. He'd never do that.

"Could you please move away from the windows? I have a really horrible hangover right now." He rubbed his eyes.

"Then why are you at work? Shouldn't you be sleeping it off?" She titled her head.

"I need a favor." He sighed. His vision wasn't as distorted since she moved away.

Of course he did, she thought.

"What can I help you with?" She asked as she used her free hand to adjust her glasses.

"Well, my friend, gym-buddy really, he has this sport's drink. He's gotten, I don't know, faster all of a sudden it seems. I want to know what's in it." Oliver handed her two syringes filled with a neon-yellow liquid.

Felicity looked around to make sure no one was watching before she took them.

"O-kay..." She asked, clearly not buying his story.

"He told me to try it, but I think it has steroids in it. I need to be sure before I drink it. I'm particular about what I put in my body." Oliver added.

"I've noticed." Felicity stated before she could register how that sounded. "I mean, I said not noticed right?" Her eyes grew wide.

Oliver didn't really care what she said. He just needed her to analyze it and for him to get back to his bed. John stifled a laugh.

"Hey, don't get me involved in this." John held up his hands.

"Thank you," Oliver said and began to walk away.

"Wait, Oliver?" Felicity called before he could get too far.

"Hmm?" He turned around. Hoping he didn't collapse.

"It's a sports drink right? Why is it in a syringe?" Felicity inquired.

Oliver really needed to work on his stories prior to asking Felicity for help.

"I...I ran out of sports bottles." He said and turned back around before she could reply.

She stared at John and him as they headed for the elevator.

Shaking her head to herself, she walked back to her cubicle.

_

After the elevator closed, John looked over at Oliver.

"You really need to come up with better cover stories, man."

"I know. Just get me home before I fall out." Oliver mumbled as he leaned against the wall for support.

_

Later that evening after a much needed nap, Oliver felt like a new man. Not really, but he felt tons better. His mother, Thea and Walter had decided to dine out that evening which meant he was left alone. He didn't mind; he preferred being in solitary.

He was heading downstairs to pour himself a drink when he heard the doorbell. He put his glass down and went to see who it was.

He was surprised to see Laurel standing outside his door as he looked out of the peephole.

"Hey, Laurel..." He said as he opened the door.

She had been crying, he noticed. He had made her cry too many times to count. He could see that she tried to re-apply her smudged makeup, but the evidence was still on all over her face.

"Hey," She said with a hint of sadness to her voice as she stepped inside.

Oliver locked the door behind her.

"Everything alright?" Oliver asked as he put his hands in his pocket.

"No," She shook her head.

He couldn't help put to wipe away a tear with his thumb.

"Tell me what happened," He spoke softly.

"It's stupid really," She said as she moved away from his touch.

She ran her hands over her sleeve-covered arms as she paced around in place.

"I mean I don't even know why I'm upset. Maybe you're not the best to talk to about this." She paused to look at him.

He was still in the same place as before. He was afraid that if he reached out again, she'd just push him away.

"You can tell me anything, Laurel." He told her.

"It's about Tommy." She pointed out.

"It's okay. I'm still your friend; I'm here for you both." He reassured her.

She nodded her head and gave him a sad smile.

"Thanks. Well he...he told me he loved me, Ollie. I know, what's wrong with that right? But instead of making me feel all happy inside, it scared me. He actually loves me. I don't know if I feel the same way." She admitted.

For a moment, Oliver's heart fluttered with hope. Could it be that...no, he refused to allow himself to think that way.

"You do," Oliver surprised even himself by stating the words out loud.

"How do you know?"

"Because at one point I was lucky enough to feel that same love. I understand why you're upset; it's my fault. I hurt you. I betrayed your trust countless times while we were together, but please don't punish Tommy for my sins. You two love each other and both deserve to be happy, together."

Laurel exhaled slowly. She couldn't believe her ears.

"You're right."

"Of course I am," Oliver smirked.

"Okay, yeah I should go, right?" She nodded once as she used the back of her hand to dry her face.

"Yes. Go. Go be with him." The words hurt him to say like a sharp razor cutting into raw flesh.

"Thank you, Ollie." She smiled and kissed his cheek in the friendliest way.

He locked the door behind her and dumped the water from him glass. He needed something much stronger and water simply wouldn't do.

Luckily, he spotted a bottle of scotch that, to him, had his name written all over it. He left the glass and proceeded to upstairs to drink his sorrow away. He shut off his phone just as a call was coming in. He didn't care who was trying to reach him. He didn't even bother to trying to read the name.

He tossed the device on his dresser and locked his door.

_

Felicity balanced her phone in between her ear and shoulder as she searched her purse for her keys. She was trying to reach Oliver. It rung twice before going to voice mail. She tried a few more times ,but all this time she was sent directly to his voice mail.

It was strange. It was almost as if he purposely refused her calls. Too busy to really get bothered by it, she hung up the phone and let herself inside her home. She smiled at the person on her couch who went to retrieve the takeout bag from her hand.

"Hey sorry I'm a little late. There was something I needed to finish up at work; kinda important or so I thought it was. And you won't believe how long the lines were tonight at Big Belly burger." She began to explain.

"It's fine, Ms. Smoak. I didn't mind at all. I will see you later, okay?" The young woman said as she let herself out.

Felicity was truly grateful for Vanessa. She was like an angel, a god-send in fact. She never complained when she had to stay later than usual. She didn't even look mildly upset when she came in late from the company celebration in honor of Robert Queen.

She locked the front door and set the alarm as she kicked off her heels. Dropping her purse as she passed by the couch, she headed down the hall. She heard the soft snores before she saw him. Peering through the partially open door, she looked in on the sleepy toddler.

He was dressed in his pale blue, footy pjs with little bears on them. They were his favorite. She quietly walked in and moved the cover further up his little body.

"Sorry I missed story time, buddy. I'll make it up to you." She promised as she placed a light-as-a-feather kiss atop his head.

She pushed the door back up and went towards the kitchen where she proceeded to eat her burger, fries and milkshake. It was unhealthy and she knew it would single-handedly ruin her body one day, but she didn't care in that moment. She was far too tired to cook and it was too late.

She finished her meal and took a shower before turning in for the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.3K 1.1K 15
When an old friend of Oliver's shows up on the steps of the Arrow cave, Felicity immediately hits her with the cold shoulder. Diggle thinks she's jea...
135K 2.9K 16
Oliver Queen, billionaire playboy and future heir to Queen Consolidated. That's what the public thought of him. Then he joined the army and disappear...
10.4K 221 20
Felicity Adams-Smoak met her husband when she was in college and thinking she had met the love of her life, they married shortly after she graduated...
2.9K 10 27
What if our favorite Queen of the foundery and all tec everywhere, was real ruilty. In this story Felicity has been hiding a big secret from everyone...