three a.m. ➳ zustin a.u.

By iamderekhale

what was supposed to be a 3 a.m. call to his ex turned into something far more. ©inspiringwifi | 2016 More

prologue ➳ at 3 a.m.
one ➳ call back
two ➳ 6a.m.
three ➳ ring ring
four ➳ is it too late now to say
five ➳ new message!
read this (please read it)
six ➳ beautiful
seven ➳ a for awkward
eight ➳ relationshits
nine ➳ snapchat me that
ten ➳ mama knows best
eleven ➳ here comes trouble
twelve ➳ pretty and petty
thirteen ➳ jack in a box
fourteen ➳ no pressure
fifteen ➳ fOoL fOr YoU
sixteen ➳ don't tell me you're my heartbreaker
snap [zustin]
seventeen ➳ wth
eighteen ➳ tweet tweet
nineteen ➳ let's start a riot
author's note
twenty one ➳ grass ain't greener
twenty two ➳ surprise
twenty three ➳ recovery
twenty four ➳ you plus me
twenty five ➳ hold tight
twenty six ➳ familiar faces
The DUFF (Zustin Mieber AU)
twenty seven ➳ chances
twenty eight ➳ top to bottom
twenty nine ➳ everybody hates bieber
thirty one ➳ bye bye lily
thirty two ➳ yes sir
epilogue ➳ mine

twenty ➳ far away

4.1K 289 209
By iamderekhale

Never been so thankful for a group of people in my life. ❤️ (aside from family and friends who are like family. But you guys are great.)

Hello my loves.

Last chapter seemed to drive you all crazy and I'm sorry about that but y'know, shit had to be done.

This chapter is gonna be kinda short, but yeah.

I'm thinking of making a Ziam fic sometime in the near future but I'm not sure if I should??? Idk. I'll do the same thing I did with Snap and publish a summary.

Anywho, enjoy loves. ❤️

(This is how Zayn looks now guys, not that it really matters but y'know.)

Three months.

Three months since they've last spoken and Zayn, well... he's been alright.

He gets better as the days progress, but there's always that empty feeling deep within him that's never satisfied no matter how many hours he spends having sex Jack, no matter how many drinks he downs at the bar, no matter how many blunts he rolls up and smokes.

That hole still remains, that hole that can only be filled up with the attention of one person he craves but cannot have, refuses to have.

After everything had been said and done, Zayn blocked Justin on everything; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, blocked then deleted his number as well just to be safe.

There was no way for the Canadian to reach him and that's how Zayn wanted it. What good would it do if they spoke again anyways? They'd have another argument, spit hurtful words and break each other even more?

Well, actually, Zayn seemed to be the only one who came out broken.

The look in Justin's eyes when he spoke those words and the tone of his voice, no mercy or remorse. It was all the cold truth and that's something Zayn was finally beginning to accept.

He'd been played and he felt stupid.

Now, Zayn was in the process of getting over it. And though the progress was slow, he was still moving along nonetheless.

Upon feeling the bed shift, Zayn's thoughts drifted away.

A warm arm wrapped around him and he melted into the embrace, even smiling due to it.

"Hey you," Jack whispered softly against his ear, "how was your night?"

"I'm sore but everything else was just fine. You?"

"Haven't slept that well all week. Layton has been killing me. I don't understand how he expects me to personally train four people. The schedule's all mixed up and it gets tiring but I think I'm fine now. My week ended with some great sex," the man purred earning a chuckle from Zayn, "and a good night's rest. Matter of fact, I think I feel so great that I'll go make us some breakfast."

With that, Jack got up from the bed, ready to leave naked.

"You're not gonna put any clothes on," Zayn questioned.

"No point. We're the only ones here and you've already seen all of this," Jack stated, gesturing towards his body, "so it doesn't matter."

He walked out, leaving Zayn alone with his thoughts once more.

They seem like a couple to most, even to themselves sometimes but Zayn and Jack are far from it. The two are very clear of their no strings attached arrangement; sex, drinking, smoking, cuddling, laughing, spending time together and basically everything a committed couple does except without the feelings.

Jack actually said himself that he considers Zayn a best friend and if they weren't having sex all the time, Zayn would be a brother to him.

And Zayn has told Jack about Justin on nights when they laid in silence after rounds of great sex. After those awkward talks, Jack would either bring up his own experience or say something funny to calm the mood because he's Jack, and that's what he does.

What they have works.

Jack gets to be around just for fun, have a friend who comes with many benefits and not have to deal with love. Zayn is provided with a distraction from what he truly wants.

He'll admit that there are days when he's tempted to just give in and call Justin, check up on the man and see how things are going. But then comes the doubt that he'll even pick up. Then comes the fear of rejection. Then comes the prediction of heartbreak and Zayn has had far too much of that to deal with it again.

So he resists those urges and reminds himself why he dislikes Justin so much.

The best part is that there are never chances of them accidentally bumping into each other in the streets since Justin is far away. And hopefully, if Zayn's lucky, it'll remain like that. At least until he's one hundred percent over the man.

After a while longer laying in bed, he decided it was time to get up. The last thing Zayn wanted to do was lay and think about Justin all day.

Unlike Jack, he actually covered his body, well the bottom half. Zayn shimmied into a pair of grey sweats, not even caring that they were Jack's sweats and stepped out of the room.

The smell of bacon was already thick in the air and that had him realizing just how hungry he really is.

Once he entered the kitchen, Jack turned around and grinned, "hungry?"

"Starving," Zayn corrected before grabbing a hot piece of bacon off the plate of the prepared meat.

"Well what do you expect after three rounds of epic sex?"

Zayn rolled his eyes but couldn't bite back the grin that his lips formed, shoving Jack playfully before heading towards the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

"Hey, you wanna go out to Dave & Busters with the guys and I next Friday? You can invite your buddies."

"I don't know," Zayn winced, "Carter keeps making sex eyes at me and it's starting to creep me out."

"I'll punch him in the face if that's what you want."

"Violence is not the answer."

Jack chuckled, "it is when you know you'll win."

"Mmm, is that so tough guy," the British man purred as he neared Jack.

"Yup."

Zayn tilted his head back and leaned forward for a kiss. Kisses between them are never usually pecks, and that would have been the case if it weren't for the fact that the door to Zayn's apartment door opened startling the two, having them break apart at that exact moment.

Of course, it had to be his best friends who'd ruin all the fun.

"Mmm, I smell bacon," Harry sighed in delight.

"Funny, 'cause I see beef," Louis commented, eyeing Jack who stood behind Zayn.

This isn't the first time this has happened so Jack didn't even bother covering up. It's not like his size is anything to be ashamed of anyways.

"Come on, again mate," Niall groaned, "you two have got to stop."

"You three have got to stop barging into my home without permission," Zayn hissed.

"Now, how would I be the World's Best-est Best Friend if I didn't cock block you every chance I got," asked Lou who helped himself to the whole plate of prepared bacon.

Zayn glared, "I hate you."

"Saying it repeatedly doesn't make it true."

[~]

LAME CHAPTER AND THE NEXY CHAPTER TOO IN A WAY BUT EVENTS WILL BE HAPPENING SOON.

I just needed to settle down back into regular speed to cool the story. Last chapter was a whole lot of fire and heat so I needed a chill, ya feel?

But I hope you guys enjoyed nonetheless.

And ilyilyilyilyilyyyyyyyy. Goodbye. ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 206 27
When her best friend calls her on her honeymoon night, and tells her that her new husband has been cheating on her half of their relationship. Emily...
6.1K 218 23
„friends. its all we ever were„ ⟶ she loved him, but it would ruin everything. | fiction |
2.3K 30 36
What happens when your ex/friend with benefits moves in next door at the worst time possible. When everything is finally going great they come to rui...
373 49 19
That very moment I felt my heart pounding and I couldn't seem to say anything. "Hey Alison, are you still there?" He asked. "Ummm... Yes yes... Look...